We should start the discussion now. National may choose to stay out of it for now, but they will have to join at some stage.
- Involve all willing parties and any groups and organisations with an interest in the future of NZ Super in discussion and proposal of policies.
- Open it to wide public discussion.
- Gather as much information and opinion as possible.
- National and United Future have a Confidence and Supply commitment to public discussion on flexi-super – this can be used to develop the Super debate further.
- In time for next election campaign have a commitment from all (willing) parties on the future direction of NZ Super and a timeframe for dealing with it.
- Include NZ Super in parliamentary business early in the next term (first half of 2015)
Let’s make it happen. Starting now.