Attacker hides behind ‘Notices and Features’

Another pissy fit at The Standard, purportedly about End of the Internet Party? but it is more an attack targeting Patrick Gower:

Duane McGregor @ArdChoilleNZ

@patrickgowernz You’ll have to find another party to shit on.

And…

@fmacskasy

@TheNationTV3 Gower keeps asking about millions spent by Mana-Internet. What about the millions spent by National and ACT, Paddy?

Who is hiding behind the ‘author’ name “Notices and Features’ at The Standard? It seems to be regularly used as a cover for someone making political attacks – someone who doesn’t even have the guts to use their own pseudonym.

From The Standard Policy

See here for an explanation of who writes for the blog. The authors write for themselves with the following exceptions.

1. If we are putting up material from a guest poster, then it will go up under “Guest Post” and may or may not have a name or pseudonym attached.
  2. If the site is reposting material from another site with no opinion or minimal opinion from an author, then it will go up under the name of “The Standard” (aka notices and features).
  3. There are some routine posts like the daily OpenMike that will also go up under the name of “The Standard” (aka notices and features) because they also offer no opinion.

The bar is high because we like robust debate, but there is a bar.

It looks like a misuse of ‘Notices and Features’.

UPDATE: r0b (Anthony Robins) has admitted doing the post.

I put up this post Pete. Does it matter? Your obsession with The Standard is unhealthy, and frankly creepy.

He had seemed to be one of the more open and up front authors at The Standard, odd he posts things like this under another ID.

Funny he calls sometimes holding The Standard to account “unhealthy’ and ‘creepy’. Some like a pulpit to promote attacks but are not so keen on being challenged on anything.

I don’t have an obsession with The Standard, but as one of the major political blogs I have an interest in what they do as i have with other blogs. I work cross-blog far more than r0b so I don’t see that I’m obsessional about any in particular.

1. Huh? Apart from the title, which is a direct question from the tweets, there is no content from any author. Do you think that Frank or Patrick or Duane are authors at TS?

You appear to be going senile. Have you consulted a doctor?

• Sponge

/  22nd November 2014

Just the sort of charming response I would have expected. All class Lynn, all class.

• Are you saying the The Standard randomly quoted several tweets ?

Or did someone select them to make some sort of point (apparently about about Patrick Gower) and post them under “Notices and Features’?

It must have been one or the other.

• By the way Lyn, you have accused me of lying (again):

I guess it helps with his usual senile victim routine as he routinely lies about why he got banned.

Not long ago you came here and accused me of the same thing. When I challenged your claim and provided facts to refute it you didn’t respond.

I think it’s unlikely you didn’t check back to see what I said, so that means you may be deliberately making unsupported claims. I believe false claims.

If I made unsupported claims like you did at The Standard it would be likely you would threaten a ban me unless I provided proof. I won’t do the same but I expect you to substantiate your claim or retract and apologise.

• Sponge

/  22nd November 2014

Cowardly hit and run comments are his usual method Pete. I would ignore him.

• Mike C

/  22nd November 2014

I got notified a little while ago, that you had written something to me, Sponge.

But it looks like it got deleted.

Must have been good 🙂

2. Mike C

/  22nd November 2014

I do not know I-prent from a bar of soap.

But I would never ignore them Sponge 🙂

3. Mike C

/  22nd November 2014

Turns out that the notification I received, was just your “down-tick”, Sponge.

• Sponge

/  22nd November 2014

‘Frankie/Snoop/wigwam/Mike C/any other names.

If you are inconsistent in who you post as it is very hard to follow what you are saying.

This is not my blog but I would ask that you use one name only – please. I enjoy your comments and am not having a go at you. Please pick a username and stick with it.

• Mike C

You sound just like Trav, Sponge 🙂
        Most likely a freak co-incidence. LOL.

• Sponge

/  22nd November 2014

Are you saying I am (or I am pretending to be) Travis Poulson?

That is absurd and I am sure you know it.

I have posed as “Sponge” at WhaleOil, Kiwiblog, here and many other places.

• Mike C

/  22nd November 2014

I said you sound like Travis, Sponge.

• Sponge

/  22nd November 2014

What??? Calling you out for multiple posts under different names is a sin? Frankly, Franky this makes you look like you are an idiot. I am not Travis Poulson.

• Mike C

/  22nd November 2014

“I have POSED as Sponge at WhaleOil, Kiwiblog, here and many other places”.

Freudian Slip, Spongie ???

No doubt it would all have been Georges fault, because he doesnt have a comment editing facility.

Except for the fact that I jumped in first 🙂

4. Sponge

Mike C / November 22, 2014
    “I have POSED as Sponge at WhaleOil, Kiwiblog, here and many other places”.

Are you mentally ill?

I was trying to be gentle and polite to you (again) – you fool. My mac has an auto correct that is a pain in the bum (posed/Posted for) .

If you want the gloves off then ok…

5. Mike C

Okay. Let’s take our gloves off 🙂

6. Mike C

/  22nd November 2014

No doubt the “auto-correct” on your mac, was responsible for accusing me of being mentally ill, and being a fool, Sponge.

I’ve got no time for people like Cam Slater and Pete Belt and Trav Poulson, or anyone who sounds like them

1. “They still have standard bloggers on staff” | Your NZ