“Prince Andrew is toast”

A monarchist writes:

Prince Andrew is toast. I don’t know the proper Latin phrase for the constitutional hole he’s dug for himself but it’s wide, deep and a stinker.

He is damned irrespective of the veracity of the allegations against him. The story’s delicious timing, juicy headline and his shocking judgment all operate in concert to condemn him, at best, as an irresponsible fool.

The story broke over the New Year, a traditional dead time for news. There is nothing to beat copy that headlines “sex slave”, “underage” and “Prince”. It was guaranteed to run, and run big.

Only a skeleton crew of Buckingham Palace spin doctors were on duty. The Duke was holidaying with his family.

The story began slowly, with mention of the Prince in court documents in a hitherto unheard of legal action in the United States, but quickly deepened to embroil and ensnare him. The initial Palace response has proven shallow and flimsy. The advice now is not to add to the story but, too late: it’s up and running under its own steam.

It’s a hard hit. The allegations are deadly serious and the accompanying facts alone slice and dice him.

From Yorker bowls the prince

1. Y’all acting like it’s just him

The name Jimmy Saville ring a bell???

Newsflash – Over 40 plus British MP’s are involved in a paedo ring

The entire top tier of government is compromised

WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!

Shit makes me ill to my stomach!!!

• I don’t know if Prince Andy had a ‘one-off’ with a young girl or not.. but if true, it doesn’t make him a serial pedophile.. (like Saville)

2. Kittycatkin

/  11th January 2015

If he DID sleep with that girl, and I have no reason to suppose that he did-to be acused is not proof of guilt-she was over the age of consent in the UK.

She claims to have been forced to do these things. The body language in the photo doesn’t say unwilling victim and predator, it says social photo of someone with a member of the Royal family. She can’t claim to have been forced to accept tens of thousands (of pounds ? dollars ?) which she seems to have done.

I am unaware that Prince Andrew has been accused of being any kind of paedophile, so there seems no reason to bracket his name with Jimmy Saville’s.

Someone I knew went to prison years after we had lost touch-he had sex with an underage boy. This doesn’t mean that everyone he knew did the same. I knew someone who was a fraudster and embezzler, but I’m not one.I know a famous painter and am related to a world-famous writer and poet, but that doesn’t make me a genius in those areas. Why should it be assumed that one has the same attributes as one’s friends ?

Is there any evidence for your claims, or are they more conspiracy theories ? Two of your ‘sentences’ don’t make much-if any-sense.

/  11th January 2015

On this we agree Kitty. I’m well over those who act as though young women in their late teens are helpless, mindless children who need to be protected from the world. Bollocks. They are old enough to know right from wrong and make their own decisions and mistakes like everyone else.

Does this girl look an unhappy, abused creature? Nope. I don’t think it is Andrew’s credibility this photo challenges.

• Kittycatkin

/  11th January 2015

Yes-as women we can’t be both equal to men AND their helpless victims.

3. [Sighs]

You two obviously are very naïve – Jimmy Saville carried on the way he did for decades, you don’t get away with doing what he did without protection in high places

Don’t take my word for it

Go look at the link provided please, or try google

• Kittycatkin

/  11th January 2015

That is really unlikely; who’d take that risk ? One or two might, but not innumerable mugs.

A paedophile by definition goes after children, not teenagers over the age of consent who count as adults. It might be tacky for an adult to have a relationship with a teenager, but it’s not illegal. Paedophilia is. If they’re old enough to marry the older partner, they’re not a child.

4. Randy-Andy had sex with that 17 year old. But she is not 17 any more. She is just an old has been hooker, who got paid tons of money more than a decade ago, to engage in sexual relations with a Royals member.

• And for a little history:

This was the biggest pedophile scandal in the history of the U.S.A. The story received some newspaper coverage but there was a TV News Media blackout on the subject. For this reason, most Americans have never heard of it.

Former republican Senator John Decamp was involved in the production a documentary called “Conspiracy of Silence” it was to air May 3, 1994 on the Discovery Channel. This documentary exposed a network of religious leaders and Washington politicians who flew children to Washington D.C. for sex orgies. At the last minute before airing, unknown congressmen threatened the TV Cable industry with restrictive legislation if this documentary was aired.

• You-tube complicit in the cover-up – the stooges have blocked the video

This stuff makes my skin crawl and my blood boil

Is there any evidence of it going on in NZ???

/  13th January 2015

More rubbish: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_child_prostitution_ring_allegations

This nonsense was on a par with and generated by the same moral panic as the Peter Ellis miscarriage of justice in Christchurch. Unfortunately our own justice system proved less able to resist emotive drivel than the US system.

• You would have to be an idiot to trust Wikipedia on this.

From the Gunderson report:

Eighty children initially came forward as a result of newspaper publicity of the raid and subsequent stories in the local news.
          Troy Boner recanted after his brother, Shawn Boner, died allegedly of suicide by a Russian Roulette gunshot wound.
          Years later, Troy Boner made a sworn statement in which he said that he had recanted his original testimony because, “I truly believed and still do believe that it was a situation where I must either ‘lie or die’
          Two of the victim/witnesses who refused to recant were Alisha Owen and Paul Bonacci.
          On November 9, 1990, Alisha Owen’s brother was found dead in a correction center cell, said to have committed suicide by hanging.
          Following the dire consequences to victim/witnesses Alisha Owen, Paul Bonacci, and Troy Boner and Danny King, the seventy-six other children recanted their reports of sexual abuse in the Franklin matter.

/  13th January 2015

@Ugly, nope, I’d be an idiot to trust you on this. I have personal knowledge of the Ellis case and the mob hysteria that created it and others like it overseas – almost all of which were later found to have been complete crap.

• My argument doesn’t depend on you trusting me, it depends on the report of of an investigator who had 49 years of experience in law enforcement.There is corroborating evidence that supports Bonacci’s testimony, and it’s not based on hysteria like the Ellis case was.

Wikipedia has the same roots as Wikileaks: it is from Sunstein’s “cognitive infiltration” school of thought.

/  12th January 2015

I’m familiar with that stuff but it is not connected with the Prince Andrew case by anything except your allegations.

5. [Oh we moderating this debate now???]

If you can’t understand the implications of this I’ll break it down for you

Say a politician was filmed in a compromising situation ie raping little kids lets say, and some one/some organisation filmed it, they are now open to blackmail, they will vote/do however/whatever the person/organisation tells them to

Get it now???

This strikes to the heart of democracy!!!

• [Oh we moderating this debate now???]

Auto moderation with >3 links is fairly standard on blogs. I could relax it but haven’t had a need to yet.

6. My bad