Slater slams Woodhouse and Key

Cameron Slater has slammed Michael Woodhouse and John Key over the Workplace health and Safety Bill in MICHAEL WOODHOUSE MAY BE AN IDIOT, BUT KEY IS LETTING HIM ROAM FREE.

But it seems to be a poorly informed diss with an underlying agenda.

Already watered down to keep all the rural MPs from revolting, the remainder is such a joke that I can only assume their attitudes were “fine, we’re not going to help you – see how the public like this”

This is what happens when you promote diminutive, metro-sexual, eyebrow tweezing, sun-bed tanning fools above their station in life.

Michael Woodhouse has never won election, he is a scum list Mp and so he is out of touch with constituents. An electorate MP would have read this bill, called up his officials and introduced them to Mr 2×4. Only a lazy, good for nothing idiot would accept these cut/paste legislative solutions.

Labour is so tits at their job that this John Key-led government is going to get away with being just as stupid. At least now everyone will know what I have known for years….Michael Woodhouse has tits for hands.

This is no surprise, Slater has a history of walloping Woodhouse – and Key since Judith Collins lost her spot on Cabinet. Talking of Collins:

You can see why wiser and more experienced heads stood up and told Woodhouse to can this abortion of a Health and Safety policy.

Who could Slater mean? One News reported in May:

Judith Collins says historic health and safety bill needs ‘tweaking’

Judith Collins denies there has been a backbench revolt over health and safety changes, but says a bill needs some “tweaking” before it progresses through Parliament.

One of those said to be agitating for changes is former cabinet Minister Judith Collins, although she maintained today there was no caucus division over the issue.

“I don’t think there are any bad things, I just think it needs a bit of tweaking and that’s the right thing to do.”

She would not elaborate what changes needed to be made, but said “it needs to be a little bit more practical for people”.

Collins is doing her job, promoting what she thinks is best in the National Caucus.

And Slater appears to be doing his job, in this case not directly promoting his friend Collins but dissing Key and especially Woodhouse – it appears that Woodhouse doesn’t pay Slater for ‘online advice’.

A comment on the Whale Oil thread:

You have the facts wrong –Mr Woodhouse received more votes than Labour in Dunedin Nth that Clark in the last election.
Woodhouse is a good man.

While Woodhouse came second to Labour’s David Clark in the Dunedin North electorate the important party vote favoured National for the first time under MMP.

• National 11,302
  • Labour 11,147

So Woodhouse seems to be helping out in the all important party vote in a very left leaning electorate (also contested by Metiria Turei).

On yesterday’s Q & A panel former National MP Tau Henare said:

I like Woody because I think Woodhouse is a very very capable Minister, in fact one of the most capable I would say.

But not with capabilities that Slater and Lusk like.

Slater has attacked Woodhouse a number of times before o an individual MP level, but at times now he now seems intent on helping Key and National lose. That’s probably the only way that Judith Collins has of taking over leadership from Key.

Note: Apart from being taited by her association with Slater I have thought Collins is a good MP and a good Minister – she’s one of the few Minister’s that has responded to questions from me personally and promptly.

Disclosure: I stood against Woodhouse in Dunedin North on 2011 although I was effectively campaigning with him as the campaign meetings in Dunedin are stacked in favour of Labour and Greens. I’ve engaged with Woodhouse once or twice in social/political settings, and I have had oe or two meetings with him in his electorate office – despite Slater’s claims from north of the Bombay Hills I have found Woodhouse willing to be in touch with his constituents.

1. Mike C

@George

It’s interesting that you personally found both Collins and Woodhouse to be easily engaged 🙂

I thought that Judith Collins was doing a pretty good job as a Minister until she started losing her rag publicly, and I didn’t like how she turned into a venomous snake when questioned about the Oravida affair, or the content of some of her tweets in that same time frame.

Wonder if Judith got a “Family and Friends” discount from Slater for writing that attack piece on Woodhouse. LOL.

2. jamie

/  24th August 2015

Has anyone else noticed that Cameron frequently uses the word “tits”, but to mean the opposite of what it usually means?

• he is just abbreviating the quaint old saying “tits for hands” its very English and as such probably won’t show up in that type of urban slang dictionary

3. traveller

/  24th August 2015

Slater’s anti-Woodhouse Collin’s agenda pushing is now beyond the point where only political groupies notice. As I’ve said before if Ms Collins thinks Slater is her way back she’s deluded and if she is simply allowing him to run off lead she’s crazy not to intervene. As galling as it is to her it’s looking like Paula for the next leader of the National Party she needs to know that her fall from grace, deserved or otherwise, means some wilderness time and some humility. Someone please tell her she needs to smile, wave, make measured and smart but loyal commentary and keep her powder dry. Dealing with Slater and his friends has stalled her career – what can’t she see about that?

• Mike C

@Trav

Yeah … Slater has been political poison for Collins, and the fact she can’t see that, is worrying.

She quite clearly is incapable of keeping her private life separate from her career, which will continue to be her downfall if she won’t tell Slater to stop using his poison pen.

Judith Collins will never become the Prime Minister as a result of her relationship with Slater, and she might not even get back on the front bench either at this rate if her and Slater continue criticising and undermining John Key and the current portfolio holders.

• Pete Kane

/  24th August 2015

If Ms Collins is worth defending, then isn’t she worth defending with your own name?

• Pete Kane

The above was for ‘Traveller’. Good morning Mr Mike

• traveller

/  24th August 2015

Would you prefer me to myself Dave, Pete, Mike or Jamie? I can add a Smith or Jones to make it acceptable to you. 😎

• Mike C

@Trav

With surnames like Smith and Jones, your Christian name would have to be … “Alas” 🙂

• Pete Kane

/  24th August 2015

Well why not just your own your own name old chap – I’m sure you are an outstanding fellow, take pride in that.

• Mike C

/  25th August 2015

@PeteK

Why are you singling them out for attention? You will find that the majority of people in here don’t use their real names. I know who the Traveller is … they are a good sort 🙂

• Pete Kane

/  25th August 2015

Mike sure ‘ but we are writing of someone who considers (shudder) herself worthy of leading our beautiful country. Pretty simple really Mike.
              Fair enough. you’re all CIA agents in danger and defending the West, simple add credibility to your view, and share your name.

4. David

/  24th August 2015

Slater does more harm to Judith Collins than good, I don’t think he realises how absolutely toxic he is and how little influence he has despite his good audience figures. I keep going back, not as often, just to see if he has taken notice and got back to doing what he used to do. It’s just a cut and paste of media stories with a bit of vitriol thrown in, can’t remember the last time there was anything original on there.

• David – they are running a original series on IRD and GRant Thornton at the moment – Stephen Cook is doing an investigative piece…

• DaveG

/  24th August 2015

That is a really good series, im waiting for the next installment! Cook combined with WO is really good, asks a lot of hard questions the traditional dead tree media, dont, or wont ask.

5. Without trying to portend a movie, there is a sort of beauteous repugnance about the dubious duo Slater and Collins – a sort of Living Dead Zombie Doublet. Imagine the hoardings around our cities, cars crashing all over the place as drivers are distracted by the demonic stares and fiendish sneering smiles.

• Mike C

@duperez

I’m not sure that they look like zombies, but you just reminded me of a picture I saw on somewhere like the Standard about a year or so ago 🙂

It was of two really fat people cuddling, and Slaters and Collins heads had been photo-shopped onto them. LOL.

I just tried googling it, but couldn’t find it.

Hope someone else in here can find it, because it was hilarious.

6. Mike C

/  24th August 2015

It’s somewhat ironic, that it was John Slater who introduced John Key to politics, and can therefore take some credit for giving us an extremely intelligent, capable and likeable Prime Minister 🙂

Yet his son, Cameron Slater, in trying to get Judith Collins into the Prime Ministers seat, by writing posts insulting John Key and her co-workers, and promoting her, has ruined her political career.

I feel very sorry for John Slater, because his son has kind of sullied his legacy.

7. Goldie

Incompetence.
    A Ministry just does not put forwards amendments to a Bill – especially a politically charged Bill – without going over and over the draft amendment to make sure there is absolutely nothing that could hang the Minister. That badly drafted amendment would have passed through several hands, including senior MBIE managers, before it went to the Minister’s office. And no-one picked up on such an obvious flaw is incompetence (or else MBIE staff are trying to embarrass the Minister).
    And no Minister should ever allow such a poor amendment to go forwards without having read it (and Woodhouse was meant to have been a lawyer).
    This is Public Management 101 that they have failed at.

8. Yaaaawwwwnnnnnn……… I feel a little sorry for Ms Collins as she comes across as intelligent and competent at her job. But having someone running constant noise in the blogsphere attacking people to try and cause an opening in cabinet to get you a seat back at the table is just a bit lame…. I hope Judith is priming the pump on these stories as it doesn’t reflect well on her if she is…

• Ooops no edit is a pain “ISN’T priming the pump” that should say

• Mike C

@Dave1924

There is no doubt in my mind that Judith is well aware of the contents of the attack posts Slater writes, before he sticks them up on his website.

They are very good friends, and there is no way that Slater would write those sorts of posts without checking with Judith first 🙂

• Well then she has gone down in my estimation. But I am on record as not thinking her PM material anyway – especially as I can’t see her having the warmth and charm to run as leader of the Nats at a general election and carry the campaign on her shoulders as our elections are now very presidential in tone.

She is no within cooee of Key as a campaigner or TV presence….. too much of a hard edge…

• Have to agree. Slater must have a lot of enemies within the Nats and that will do Collins no favours. And if Judith was reappointed it would allow Lab and Greens to smear National and Collins as colluding with Whaleoil. That’s not a good look. Collins looks like a good MP but she needs to change her friends.

• Pete Kane

/  24th August 2015

Really? Tell us who you are sage, and where you come from.

• I agree with that Artcroft… but I do admire the Slater/Collins loyalty, long standing family connections are not to be tossed aside casually. I think Mr Slater shuold stop Collins boosting and trying to undermine others doing a goodish job to try and get her a cabinet post back. I suspect the sooner he goes quiet on the JC thing the sooner she will be eligible for cabinet appointment again…

9. Mike C

/  25th August 2015

@Dave1924

Whilst Slater and Collins are good friends … I can’t help but think that their closeness is based more upon the fact that they both have huge ego’s and suffer from delusions of grandeur 🙂

10. Mike C

/  25th August 2015

@PeteK

I don’t understand your need to know the Travellers real name.

Personally, I don’t give a rats-arse what the people in here call themselves. I only care about what they write, and the tone with which they write it 🙂

• Pete Kane

/  25th August 2015

it’s called the courage of convictions Mike. I’m not talking yours bur a certain group here pushing an agenda (and a person) for the leadership of our country. If such an honourable endeavour is upon us then simply honour us with your identity. Unless you are a coward.

• Mike C

/  25th August 2015

@PeteK

From what I have ascertained from Travellers comments in here during the past several months, he appears to feel much the same way as I do about Slater and Collins.

They’ve always written thoughtful intelligent informative comments, and I don’t think he has any agenda whatsoever.

Even if I vehemently disagreed with any of his comments, I still respect their right to express their opinion.

Georges blog is neither Right nor Left. It is a place where anybody can write down their personal point of view, and not be attacked or ostracised or banned for doing so 🙂

• Missy

/  25th August 2015

Pete, A couple of points / questions on this and your comment above.

1. Using a name does not automatically give anyone more credibility, any name can be used and those reading this won’t know if it is that person’s real name or not. Some people who use their real names on this, and other, blogs lack credibility based on what they write, others who do not use their real names on this, and other blogs, have credibility due to a consistency in their opinions, and a respect they show when writing and debating. Anyone, (other than the blog owner) who demands that people reveal their real identity is a bully, and lacks any form of credibility in my opinion.

2. Why does anyone need to ‘honour us’ with their identity to give an opinion on who should run this country? Why should anyone’s opinion be judged on what their name is, surely what should be taken into account is what they write and how well they can defend (if necessary) their point of view.

3. There are a lot of reasons that people do not use their real names, and calling them cowards for not doing so without knowing why is, in my opinion, nothing more than bullying and trying to shame people into doing something that they do not want to. In the long run that will result in a less interesting blog as people who do not want to reveal their true identity feel bullied and decide to leave the blog.

For the record, do you think I lack credibility? do you think I should not provide an opinion on who should be the leader of this country? do you think I am a coward?