Slater: “The only solution is to kill them…”

Cameron Slater may be playing to a diminishing crowd but this is getting low even by his standards: THE ONLY SOLUTION IS TO KILL THEM BEFORE THEY KILL US

Golda Meir once famously said: “Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us.”

That doesn’t look like it is coming any time soon. This sort of hateful brainwashing goes unreported by the Media Party in New Zealand.

So Slater brainwashes his Whale Army with hate, again. That’s sad. He had some talent once.

A couple of commenters who haven’t been banned yet spoke up.

Mike:

I’m sorry but with that attitude “kill them before they kill us” you are no better than they are.

I’m not advocating doing nothing, but I sure as heck am not advocating genocide which is what that statement is tantamount to. One could almost say it is an extremist opinion and extremism of all types is bad.

Defend ourselves sure, destroy their C2 systems and training camps absolutely, wipe their fighters off the earth when we can… but deliberately target civilians, even those who have been brainwashed into believing all the lies that are told to them about the “Great Satan” is wrong…. it’s evil…. it’s what they would do.

Snorter:

Statements like this make you just as bad. I’m not defending them by any stretch of the imagination but killing kids is a step too far.

But the response to that from RedgeNZ:

Whale Oil be fucked in the head if this is what they have become promoters of there.

There’s already been discussion on this here.

1. Missy

/  29th October 2015

What Slater is advocating is exactly what groups like ISIS advocate, and it is very dangerous, he could be on shaky ground with that as well, I am not conversant with the law, but I wonder how far off being considered hate speech that comment is, or indeed – if someone acts on it – inciting violence.

WO certainly seems to be losing the plot, and more of the posts are bordering on the extreme end of hatred for Muslims.

• Robby

From the Crimes Act 1961:
      306 Threatening to kill or do grievous bodily harm
      (1)Every one is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 7 years who—
      (a)threatens to kill or do grievous bodily harm to any person; or
      (b)sends or causes to be received, knowing the contents thereof, any letter or writing containing any threat to kill or do grievous bodily harm to any person.

“Religion of peace? No way, it is a death cult and we should kill them before they kill us.”
      Hmmm………… Any lawyers around here???

/  29th October 2015

Irrespective of legal interpretations of the Crimes Act this should be protected as freedom of expression by the Bill of Rights. Not to do so would be a serious violation of political freedoms.

• Robby

/  29th October 2015

Freedom of expression does not extend to threatening to kill. He should choose his words more carefully.

/  29th October 2015

He wasn’t threatening to kill anyone, he was advocating for a political policy. Big difference.

• Robby

/  29th October 2015

A political policy of “We should kill them before they kill us” ??? That is dangerous ground Alan

• jaspa

/  29th October 2015

‘Political policies’ of killing all members of an entire religion are generally frowned upon these days.

/  29th October 2015

@Robby, heard of Voltaire? Or US & Russian drone strikes?

@jaspa, it’s unclear who he was including.

• Robby

/  29th October 2015

I have Alan, but had to visit Wikipedia to refresh my memory.
              “According to Ahmad Gunny, Voltaire’s views about Islam remained negative, and he considered Quran to be ignoring the laws of physics.[73] Thus, there are a number of representations of Mohammed by Voltaire, a religious one, according to which Mohammed is a prophet like the others, who exploits people’s naivety and spreads superstition and fanaticism, and the other a political one, according to which Mohammed was a legislator who brought his contemporaries out of idolatry.[74][75] According to Diego Venturino the figure of Mohammed is uncertain or negative in Voltaire’s view, as Voltaire applauds the legislator but hates the conqueror and the pontiff, who established his religion through violence.”

/  29th October 2015

Erudite but obfuscation, Robby. The point is we must be able freely to debate political policies, particularly about war and life and death. Including drone strikes against dangerous people.

• Robby

/  29th October 2015

Dangerous people in war zones get killed. That’s why it’s called a war zone. You’re missing the point Alan.

/  29th October 2015

No, Robby. That is more avoidance. The drones are being sent in to pick off people who are dangerous to innocent people a long way from those war zones or hostile regimes.

• Robby

/  29th October 2015

Avoidance? Of what? You seem to be avoiding the point of this thread, which is that Slater has crossed the line with his statement. The way I interpret what he said, is that he isn’t talking about some conflict overseas. I could be wrong though…

/  30th October 2015

I’m not avoiding it, I’m contesting it in the sense that even Slater must have freedom to express his political ideas and they must not be suppressed by misuse of the Crimes Act.

• I doubt there’s anything criminal in it.

But I think it’s stupid, irresponsible, and another nail on the Whale coffin.

• Missy

/  29th October 2015

Thanks for that Robby, I am still at work (5hrs behind NZ) so didn’t have time to look up the relevant legislation.

/  29th October 2015

There is a lot of ambiguity in who exactly “them” are. That leaves Slater open to the criticisms he is getting. But if he means terrorists sheltering in hostile regimes maybe he is not wrong.

• If he meant that he would have said it. leaving things vague makes it look like he’s trying to perhaps protect himself while also stirring up the worst.

• jaspa

/  29th October 2015

He is stirring up the worst in the comments (ie killing all of them, even kids), and he is not correcting them …

• Kevin

/  29th October 2015

Not that I can see. Perhaps Pete deleted those posts.

• Rob

/  29th October 2015

This in the other thread as well

He’s not just talking about isis here Kevin. He’s talking about Muslims in general and if you can’t see that by now then I feel sorry for you, I honestly do. He and his wife have been going after Muslims, not just isis, for a long time. Juana has written many articles based on rubbish from sites which are not only anti muslim but anti semetic, anti homosexual, and white power based. They cherry pick legitimate articles, quote out of context and in some cases outright lie. They post years old photo as if they were yesterday, take legitimate videos and then edit or put there own false spin on them. Look at the comments in that thread now. If this were a legitimate post stictly anti terrorist related why are the posts calling for death to all still there but most of the resonable posts are removed. Why don’t you go there and ask why that’s the case or why Juana posts fabicated bullshit as truth. Or don’t you have the guts

• Kevin

/  29th October 2015

I’ve read Juana’s posts and not one of them I would call bullshit. The criticism I would make is that they don’t make the distinction clear enough between Islamists and the majority of Muslims. The majority of Muslims practice a moderate form of Islam where jihad is interpreted as something internal and focus is on the early verses in the Koran, which focus on peace rather than war.

• Rob

/  29th October 2015

“Not that I can see. Perhaps Pete deleted those posts.”
            I was reading the thread Kevin. It went from 65 to 55 posts with one page refresh.

• Rob

@ Kevin
            “I’ve read Juana’s posts and not one of them I would call bullshit.”
            Do you ever even think to look at the source material?? Follow it back?? Obviously not. What I said about the material is the truth Kevin. Open your eyes it’s bullshit.

• Kevin

/  29th October 2015

I do look at the source material and not only that, she has yet to say anything regarding Islam that I didn’t already know.

• Rob

Bullshit

• Kevin

/  29th October 2015

If someone is out to kill you and nothing short of killing them first is going to stop them, then of course you kill them first.

• To an extent, I’d do it if i thought it necessary. But I doubt that ‘preventative’ killing on a large scale has never been viewed very favourably by most people, for good reason.

• Rob

@Alan Wilkinson
      Well, I for one would have no qualms about isis being wiped from the face of the earth.

/  29th October 2015

I agree. For sheer evil and vile actions they have few modern competitors.

3. Robby

/  29th October 2015

This quote is from Slaters’ post:
    “This sort of hateful brainwashing goes unreported by the Media Party in New Zealand.”
    I’m sure the irony of him making that statement isn’t lost on anyone here.

4. Rob

But the response to that from RedgeNZ:
    “If I had my way I would blow the Middle East to pieces. They have had their chance and they have stuffed it up. Time to start over.”
    This bit shows his ignorance: “They have had their chance… ” The west has been interfering in that region for centuries, using organized violence against the people in their pusuit of territory and/or oil. Taking down elected governments and replacing them with their chosen dictator. Tony Blair said in an interview the other day that the invasion of Iraq in 2003 definately contributed to the rise of isis.

• Joe Bloggs

/  29th October 2015

I spent some time earlier this year reading Edward Said’s book Orientalism – well worth a read if only to understand that the West has been marginalising the Middle-East for several centuries with all the cultural inaccuracies and persistent Eurocentric prejudices that reduce the region to a fictional essence. As far as the West is concerned Muslims are caricaturised as either oil suppliers or terrorists – little bloody wonder the Palestinians are restless

/  29th October 2015

There is scarcely a Muslim country on the planet that is somewhere you would want to live. Not merely in the Middle-East. Why?

• kiwi_guy

/  29th October 2015

I tried to read that bookback when I was a Leftie and all pro Palestine, but it was WAY to dense. Never got more than a few pages before I started nodding off.

Not as bad as some of that academic feminist Deconstructionist gobbly gook though like that mannish lesbian Judith Butler, who is the Patron Saint of the gender/queer identity politics crowd.

5. Joe Bloggs

/  29th October 2015

This sort of carry-on from Slater is both hateful and very problematic… it’s extreme and irrational stuff, and the sort of hate speech which simply inflames situations. 95% of this is sheer bloody-minded, blind ignorance, and unfortunately there’s no simple cure for that.

The Israelis sure did a number on this sad f**k

• kiwi_guy

/  29th October 2015

What’s irrational about it? Would you wait to be killed by someone who has already brutally murdered so many and said you’re next?

• Joe Bloggs

/  30th October 2015

It’s irrational because it is a reductionist argument that reduces an entire religion to a single purpose – terrorism – and that is patently untrue for the vast majority of Muslim peoples.

• Unpopular, JB, but absolutely true. I’ve known many muslims and while haven’t been friends with them per se, every single one has treated me with respect and kindness.

6. kiwi_guy

/  29th October 2015

Here’s a little reminder of what we are dealing with:

ISIS executed a 19-year-old Syrian soldier by running over him with a tank

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3288773/New-ISIS-video-shows-sick-method-execution-crushes-19-year-old-captive-tracks-battle-tank.html#ixzz3pwhPyRBa
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Traveller

/  30th October 2015

Interesting fact. More Muslim Brits fighting in Syria than in their combined Armed Forces

7. Brown

/  30th October 2015

There are two worlds – the benign fantasy world where Islam makes great goat curries and is just lovely to behold and then reality where it does what it says it will in accordance with the prophet’s teachings. While I’m not of the scorched earth type like Slater I see no place in the west for Muslims. Show me a western country where they moved to, became a significant % and have not then flexed their might to the eventual detriment of the locals.

We are seeing an invasion as Islam undergoes a reformation. It is political first and no good will come of it. You can cave in if you want but I like NZ as it is. If I need a dose of stone age I’ll visit Pakistan.

• Jeeves

/  30th October 2015

Actually there is a third world- where people raised as muslims just get on with their lives, they look just like me or you, they are into music and driving cars and maybe getting high occasionally- they love their kids, have a sense of humour- and sometimes get a bit sick of being judged by people as potential terrorists.

And FWIW – I looked at a 1950’s photograph of Catholics leaving a church in Ireland, a black and white one- and most of the women wore black, and they all wore headscarves. The men all wore dark suits and hats. If I showed that photo to a kid today I’m almost certain s/he would guess they were muslims (lol).

Don’t forget that it is a tenet of christianity that the ‘end times’ will come, and there are christians among us who think what is happening in the middle east is all part of ‘god’s’ plan, and deep down they welcome it, because not to do so would be blasphemy.

Anyone who follows any religion should be questioned by the rational among us.

• Kevin

/  30th October 2015

The war is not with muslims but with Islamists, i.e. militant Islam. And militant Islam is to Islam what the KKK is it Christianity. Calling someone a potential terrorist just because their first name is Ahmed is like calling someone a potential klansman just because they’re white and go to church on a Sunday,

8. mike

/  30th October 2015

what would any of you know anything about this you muppets LOL

9. Brown

/  30th October 2015

‘And militant Islam is to Islam what the KKK is it Christianity.”

The ramblings of the prophet develop in a reverse manner to the biblical narrative in that instead of a promise of a personal apolitical saviour who will redeem mankind (which you opt out of if that’s your thing leaving God to sort it out on the last day) we have a developing story where Muslims simply kill those that find Islam unappealing to see the survivors converted to bring about an Islamic political rule on earth. The reason that Islam develops this way reflects the fact that the locals at the time its first claims were made thought it was bollocks so the prophet felt obliged to get nasty to press the agenda. I care not about the supposed peaceful majority because they do not hold to the faith they profess but will go along with the thugs because they remain birds of a feather.

”… there are christians among us who think what is happening in the middle east is all part of ‘god’s’ plan, and deep down they welcome it, because not to do so would be blasphemy.”

The Christians that hold to this are ignorant, in error and are a pain in the arse to people that have a proper orthodox theological understanding. Its a recent invention and I snigger in the general direction of those that hold to such non- scriptural nonsense. However, for Muslims to chop off heads is well supported by the book they hold as the unquestionable word of Allah.

• Any argument about which imaginary friend is the better one is a complete waste of time.

• Kevin

/  30th October 2015

“Bullshit. The KKK ignore the teachings that Christianity is founded upon – the most casual look at their behaviour shows they are not Christian. You can torture scripture if you want to justify appalling behaviour but in respect of Islam’s Quran no torture is required.”

Not what I meant. I don’t care if the KKK is following some warped interpretation of the Bible or if militant Islamists are following Islam to the letter. It’s what they do that counts. The majority of Muslims – and there are millions of them – interpret the Koran in a way that does not conflict with modern society. The problem is with the militant minority.

The fact is we need the Muslim majority on our side and we need them to rise against the militant minority who have taken over their religion. Don’t get me wrong. I think Islam is a horrible religion but not to have the moderate majority on our side would be suicide.

• Conspiratoor

/  30th October 2015

Agreed Brown, there is no such thing as “moderate Islam”. That is a construct of western society and is just wishful thinking. Such version of Islam is denied by the great majority of Islamic leaders in the world, and contradicted by Islamic scripture. The Koran is not open to interpretation
      As Turkey’s prime minister states “There is no moderate Islam, there is only Islam”

• Mike C

@Conspirator

I feel like I have just stumbled into one of Spanish Brides posts. LOL.

Pretty heavy stuff 😦

10. Brown

Bullshit again.

‘… – interpret the Koran in a way that does not conflict with modern society.”

This is just like saying Western Europe is Christian which its not. The pretenders of any colour or creed are of no consequence and they can interpret all they like. The bearded man with the gun or sword says they are wrong in being peaceful when there are non-Muslims, Christians, Jews, homo’s etc… about and, regrettably, he knows the Quran means what it says because he has his theology sorted.

11. Brown

/  31st October 2015

Yes Mike C, heavy stuff. Your world will not stand or fall on having your Christmas shopping done by November.

1. Futile fulmination on Slater hate | Your NZ