Standard joins Key/police pre-blaming

Anthony Robins has joined in the pre-blaming of John Key and the police for any violence that might occur in TPPA protests.

National – trying to provoke TPP violence?

A couple of days ago Chris Trotter set out an interesting theory: Let’s Not Lose Our Tempers: If John Key wants a riot outside Sky City – don’t give him one

Now with the news that the police are visiting (i.e. intimidating) known activists, Jane Kelsy has reached a similar conclusion: Desperate Key trying to redefine TPPA as law & order issue

I think Kelsey is right, in harassing activists Key is cynically trying to blow the “law and order” dog whistle. Is Trotter right too? Would Key really go so far as to try and provoke open violence for political gain? It worked for his idol Muldoon.

I don’t believe either Key or the police will in any way try to provoke violence, I think claims that they are is either deluded or a deliberate attempt to both talk up trouble and try to divert the blame from themselves and troublemakers.

I doubt that Robins is deliberately trying to talk up violence, it’s more likely he has bought into the dirty messaging.

This is a form of dirty politics.

Added comment: I haven’t seen any evidence of police intimidation or activists, nor any evidence the Key or National are trying to provoke violence, so I condemn those making up accusations and posts. If any evidence is produced then I’ll condemn Key or the police.

1. Pantsdownbrown

/  29th January 2016

If anybody is stirring up a riot then it is extremists like Martyn Bradbury aided by an MSM wanting a story.

/  29th January 2016

Exhibit A: Stupid people being stupid. What not to like?

• Kevin

/  30th January 2016

I hereby name Anthony Robins as The Standard’s dumbest poster; a position previously held by The Standard’s Colonel Viper. The competition was intense, but actually believing that the government is trying to incite riots and doing a serious post on it, makes Robins the clear winner.

3. Timoti

/  29th January 2016

No surprises here. Bomber Cadbury and co are irrelevant.Trying to skewer public perception and get nasty is their last tool in an empty toolbox.

/  29th January 2016

every good uncle should just roll over without protest ,just like good little …..sheep.

4. Rob

/  29th January 2016

I don’t see anything wrong with an ‘angry’ protest. Violence would be stupidity. With the number of smart phones there we should be able to see who the perpetrators of any violence from either side are. There will always be the ones turning up for a protest who don’t give a rats arse about the the reasoning behind it, merely there to cause trouble.

• Timoti

/  29th January 2016

Finally, when you aren’t trolling with Bloser, you can actually make sense. And good news, I agree with you. Lol

• Rob

/  29th January 2016

Trolling with Blazer? When will you stop making a fool of yourself Timoti. Good news? For who, you? Personally, I couldn’t give a rats arse whether you agree with me or not. Lol

5. grumpy

/  29th January 2016

That’s not intimidation of free speech.
    This is intimidation of free speech…..

6. Pre-blaming as a form of dirty politics? Of course our esteemed leader never ever does that!
    He and his advisors are masters of the art.

It is interesting to observe the reactions to the possibility of TPPA protests. It seems that sensitivities are aroused when the ’empire might strike back’. Sensitivities which are not honed finely enough to recognise that there is something weird when abhorrence of those kicking people in the head out in the open is unacceptable to some who themselves have been happily eye-gouging in the rucks. (Metaphorically speaking course.)

7. Oliver

/  29th January 2016

I went to an anti TPPA meeting on Wednesday. Everyone was supporting a non violent demonstration in Auckland, sharing ideas of what action should be taken. The this clean cut guy who had a sense of arrogance about him, spoke to share his idea which was to provoke a riot. He immediately became suspicious to me because of the type of language he was using, it was the kind of things cops say. So after the meeting I followed him on foot for couple of blocks before he hopped into an un marked police car and drove off. They definitely trying to provoke a riot

• Pantsdownbrown

/  29th January 2016

Hahahaha! That’s a good one Oliver! You sure it wasn’t a space ship he got beamed up in?

• Oliver

/  29th January 2016

Are you questioning my integrity? What is so unbelievable? Do you not think that police would do these kinds of things.

• Pantsdownbrown

/  29th January 2016

Your the same guy who posted on here “I used to support the TPPA but…” which was an obvious lie (going by all your previous hatred posts on John Key and National) and then you say here “He immediately became suspicious to me because of the type of language he was using, it was the kind of things cops say”. Yep – I always think if someone says we should riot that it must be a cop saying that, in fact Martyn Bradbury has been talking about rioting for some time hence he is odds on a cop! You have no integrity to even question Oliver.

• Oliver

/  29th January 2016

Just because I’m not a fan of National doesn’t automatically make me anti tppa, in actual fact I did support it, so you are wrong. The language the spy was using was words like “avoid their strengths” “exploit their weaknesses” ” cease the objective” ” use deception” ” hit them from the flanks”. Do you know any hippies who talk like that?

• Pantsdownbrown

/  29th January 2016

Sounds like Martyn Bradbury to me! You’ve been fooled Oliver as it was in fact a pro-TTPA activist, pretending to be a policeman acting (badly) like an activist, who then got into a fake unmarked police car (they knew someone as alert as Oliver would follow them on foot) then driven 2 blocks to a well known activist’s home. Cnl Mustard in the library with the candlestick!

• Oliver

/  29th January 2016

Is that your conspiracy theory pantsdownbrown? Next you’ll be saying that Martyn Bradbury is part of the Illuminati.

• artcroft

/  29th January 2016

Wow, if I can prove this serious consequences follow for the cops. E.g. Mike Bush appearing before parliament and explaining whose head has rolled. And sweating over whether his Will follow.

• kiwi guy

/  29th January 2016

” So after the meeting I followed him on foot for couple of blocks before he hopped into an un marked police car and drove off.”

Cool story, and you didn’t take any pictures or footage with your phone?

• Iceberg

/  30th January 2016

Unless you have proof or corroboration you are talking total shit.

• Oliver, can you give me any evidence of this? It’s a serious accusation, if you can give me evidence I’ll do a post on it and I’ll also get wider coverage.

How did you know it was an unmarked police car?

• Kevin

/  30th January 2016

He’s taking the piss.

• Oliver

/  30th January 2016

Yea sure Pete we have another meeting tomorrow so I will look out for that same guy and take pictures with my phone. I pretty sure he will be there for this next meeting where we finalise our plan and conduct some rehearsals.

• How did you know it was an unmarked police car?

• Oliver

/  30th January 2016

He turned around a came back towards me and then stopped at a intersection. It was a late model Holden and then I was the lights on the rear parcel shelf they look like little plastic boxes but they light up when the sirens on.

• Oliver

/  30th January 2016

It’s not unusual for cops to do undercover work to find out the intentions of activist groups. These meetings we have are open to the public so anyone can attend. What they are doing is not illegal just unethical.

8. Blazer

Politics

Brian Fallow: TPP economy figures tell us nothing

/  29th January 2016

Except he then cites the Hazeltine paper promoting a model that claims to show something. He is right that the outcomes are unpredictable but wrong not to have the courage to tell his Lefty readers explicitly that it is better to be in a freer trade block than outside it.