Glucina’s text to Key

The Ombudsman has ruled that John Key shouldn’t have refused to release a text message sent from Rachel Glucina to him related to Amanda Bailey and the hair pulling issue.

The text was made public this afternoon by Newshub: Glucina’s text message to PM revealed.

Newshub has obtained the text message sent by Rachel Glucina to the Prime Minister, which John Key initially refused to release under the Official Information Act.

The text message said: “just interviewed the waitress. Piece of work! Massive political agenda”.

It has been suggested that Glucina is piece of work with a massive political agenda too. And the person who forced the release through an OIA request, No Right Turn, could also be suspected of having a bit of a political agenda as well.

Some journalists have raised concerns about this.

It appears the information was withheld by the Prime Minister’s office under Section 9 of the Official Information Act, which aims to protect privacy or an obligation of confidence.

But Judge Boshier decided the request should not have been refused.

“Even if an obligation of confidence existed, I consider it is outweighed by the high public interest in the information,” he wrote in his response to the complaint.

So anything that can be judged of “high public interest” must be released?

No Right Turn had a lot of interest in it, as did a few other political activists wanting to inflict as much damage on Key as they could, but I wouldn’t be surprised if most of the public may think that the text is of little interest to them.

I doubt many journalists will be keen on bloggers forcing their communication with politicians to be revealed.

I think Glucina’s text says a bit about her bit little about anything else.

It was also noted on Twitter that Glucina didn’t break this text revelation on her gossip site Scout.

Key made it clear he ignored the text. While someone seemed to think it was significant in some way that Glucina had Key’s phone number so do Barack Obama and Key ignored a call from him.

UPDATE: With so little information in a brief text The Standard are having a field day filling in all the gaps – Glucina Key #ponygate text revealed

Previous Post

/  19th February 2016

Glucina was correct. I think Boshier was quite wrong in principle though in this instance it doesn’t matter. It may well have adverse consequences as a precedent though. I hope where that is the case Ministers will stare down the Ombudsman.

2. Mike C

/  19th February 2016

Rachel Glucina is a twisted bitch.

She orchestrated the photo of John Keys Son and DotComs Wife that hit the media about 18 months ago.

Glucina may have managed to beg borrow or steal John Keys mobile phone number off someone … and sent that text off to the PM … but it appears that he did not bother to reply back to Glucina.

The woman is a Leftie through and through … which is why she is now employed by Media Works 🙂

• Klik Bate

/  19th February 2016

“Rachel Glucina is a twisted bitch.”

Really?

Sounds like someone else I know. LOL!

• Mike C

@Click Bait

One things for sure … I will never be as twisted as you 🙂

• kittycatkin

/  19th February 2016

The Max Key/Mona Dotcom story was a non-event, wasn’t it ? How disappointing for the setter-up. But how galling for old Dotcom to see it and realise that if they HAD been going out together, they were closer in age than he was to Mona and that Dotcom was old enough to be Max Key’s father ! Max and Mona would have little in common, I imagine, but they wouldn’t be anything like as incongruous a pair from the age point of view as Mona and Dotcom 🙂 In fact, nobody would think much of it.

• jamie

/  20th February 2016

“Max and Mona would have little in common, I imagine”

That’s not very imaginative of you at all, kitty. I can think of few very obvious things they have in common.

For a start they are both accustomed to a lifestyle of wealth and privilege that most of us will never experience. This gives them certain common references and datum points that they share with each other but not with the vast majority of people.

Secondly, they will both be accustomed to living in the close and constant shadow of a very dynamic, very high profile public figure. This is also not something most us will experience on such a scale. There will be a whole range of joys, frustrations, opportunities and disappointments, proud moments and embarrassments that most of us will never fully comprehend but that the two of them will understand intimately.

Those two environmental factors alone give them more in common with each other than with most of the people in the society they inhabit.

I haven’t even touched upon their apparent mutual interests in modelling, fashion, and crappy house music.

• Pantsdownbrown

/  19th February 2016

Mike C you are wrong – she is right-wing and has had Keys number for a while & is friends with Collins (and no doubt Slater).

Herald Sept 13, 2015

“Her deep contacts meant she was breaking news stories and was soon moving in political circles. Her close ties to John Key have been widely reported. Judith Collins calls her a friend. Glucina is careful to list them both as “contacts”.

“I am close to him [Key] in the sense that he is a contact. I am sure he speaks to lots of journalists. It is not like we hang out and have friends and have dinner.”

• Pete Kane

/  19th February 2016

I think you may find with Whale Oil that it’s quite the opposite. I seem to recall him referring to her as a “pork chop’. But then again, perhaps just his way of showing affection.

• Pantsdownbrown

/  19th February 2016

He probably feels threatened that there is a female equivalent to him……….

• jamie

/  20th February 2016

Cameron and Rachael did used to snipe at each other Peter, but there was an overnight transformation in their relationship that neither of them explained publicly, almost as if someone quietly knocked their heads together.

• Mike C

@Jamie

And I bet that the “someone who knocked their heads together” was Judith Collins 🙂

Rachel Glucina is not on Team Key … she is playing ball with Collins and Slater.

• jamie

/  20th February 2016

It’s not quite that simple Mike. It would be more accurate to say Glucina is on “Team Glucina”.

Just as Slater is on Collins’ “team” but has also “played ball” with Key when it suits him.

He’s the PM, and a multi millionaire. Every power-hungry scumbag in the country wants to be able to “play ball” with him in one way or another.

I think you’ll understand it better if you stop imagining these firmly fixed “teams” and instead think about people making various alliances in their own self-interest.

I believe your first sentence is accurate though. They are both Collins’ bitches in that sense.

• Mike C

@PantsDown

The fact you have said Rachel Glucina is friends with Judith Collins confirms what type of person Glucina is 🙂

Glucina is manipulative and hungry for the spotlight.

If Glucina is John Keys “friend” … then why did she publish that photo of Max Key and Rona DotCom together about 18 months ago?

• Pantsdownbrown

/  19th February 2016

“I find it highly unlikely that John Key would be close friends with someone that is close friends with Collins”

I didn’t say she was his friend, only that she has had his number previously and is right-wing.

• Mike C

@PantsDown

I wonder if Judith Collins follows Rachel Glucina on Twitter and is friends with her on Fakebook … and vice-versa 🙂

• jamie

/  20th February 2016

“I find it highly unlikely that John Key would be close friends with someone that is close friends with Collins.”

If that is the level on which you understand adult human relationships then you are going to find this world a very unlikely place indeed.

• mrMan

/  19th February 2016

“The woman is a Leftie through and through ” You probably couldn’t be more wrong here, she’s far too laissez faire.

• Mike C

@MrMan

Judith Collins was a member of the Labour Party until the 1990’s.

One thing I have learned over the years … is never to judge a book by its cover 🙂

• Pickled Possum

/  20th February 2016

I thought laissez faire was coffee beans only to find it means what Jcollins is Today,
        made even more unfuckenbelievable at MikeC Labour Party info.
        Did she get kicked out Mike? or run screaming/smiling/scheming to fill the place of Jenny the captain of the Ship when she was thrown overboard or jumped.

I feel like a mushroon sometimes always keep in the dark and fed shit.
        But Now I have seen the light TY MikeC and will look at Miss Collins still in much the same way I have always done,
        “Why Are You Still Here, Judy?”
        Bit like “Why are you still here, Hillary”

3. Pete Kane

/  19th February 2016

Andrew Geddis (Otago) discussed it on The Panel tonight and was asked by one of the Panellists, what if it had been the PM’s private mobile? He said since it wasn’t he wouldn’t go there. It was a good question though, and I thought , by extension, well what about if it was his private and personally paid home phone. There’s quite a bit to this in that wider sense. . As an aside I think Mike C’s assessment of MsGlucina is not far off the money.

• kittycatkin

/  19th February 2016

The text said nothing much, really-I don’t know why the press is making such a hoohah about it. No wonder John Key didn’t answer it.

I remember when Mick Jagger was here and she befriended him, pretending to be a fan-but I suspect that he wasn’t fooled. He wouldn’t be photographed alone with her. I wonder why ?
      From what I remember, it was a big non-story, and my guess is that Mick Jagger made damned sure that it would be one. He’s been around too long not to know a reporter when he sees one and I would be very surprised if she was the first one to do the wide-eyed-fan-do-let-me-show-you-the-sights-of-(wherever) Oh, do let my friend take a photo of you and me together, Mick.

• Mike C

@Kitty

Yeap … Glucina is a conniving fucking witch … who will do anything to gain attention to herself.

4. As usual the richest comment is from Cameron Slater:
    “Whaleoil readers won’t be surprised. The whole thing a left-wing Dirty Politics hit.”

5. jamie

/  20th February 2016

The thing I don’t understand is this:

If that was really the only text in the conversation, then how did Key know who it was from?

He would have to have had her number stored in his phone, which I find no less disturbing that having Cameron Slater on speed dial.

I strongly suspect that this text was not the only one in the exchange.

• Glucina could have got the number off someone else, like another journo or Slater.

On the other hand he may have know exactly who it was and what it was about. But the pundits can only speculate without evidence.

• Mike C

@George

Speaking from personal experience … I know for a fact that the Slaters have form for giving individuals personal details to bad people that the Slaters are in cahoots with 🙂

• jamie

/  20th February 2016

“Key wouldn’t have necessarily had her number on his phone. He didn’t take a call from Barack Obama because he didn’t recognise the number.”

Exactly Pete. And yet he said Glucina had texted him.

• jamie

/  20th February 2016

To clarify, the text released gives no indication of who sent it, yet he identified it as being from her.

If it wasn’t part of a conversation, then he must have had her number because he identified the text as being from her.

If he didn’t have her number it must have been part of a conversation, because he identified the text as being from her.

/  20th February 2016

Not necessarily. My caller id often brings up names I’ve never heard of before so somewhere it is looking up a database. I would guess Key’s system is at least as sophisticated.

• Mike C

@Jamie

If Glucina got a reply from the PM … then why hasn’t that been published along with her text to him? 🙂

• jamie

/  20th February 2016

Who decided which texts to release?

• Pickled Possum

Glue ear or more commonly know as Pork Chop … cute

Has got the locals in a twist is she really worth the oxygen needed.
        While we are deconstructing her and john boy relationship or lack of
        what of the missing text.. that ties it all up ….where is it?
        shall we find out that glue ear has her own farken server.

Yes Mikey you are correct in your sum up of that little greasy ‘pork chop’ the words she dealt out on that young lass, it was despicable which makes her the despicable greasy fly blown pork chop from yester year scouting out a new wallow to roll in.

Where’s Timoti when you really need him
        Reading comics again. Jeez I can’t help myself sometimes.

6. Blazer

/  20th February 2016

‘rachel Glucina is a fat ,slob,ugly on the inside ,as well as on the outside’….hat tip to the ‘Donald’.

7. Pickled Possum

/  20th February 2016

Having just read all the mind numbing shit I am really sure some one thinks they are to big for their breeches, …yea thanks Mikey for averting my gaze over here. 🙂
    Why do people do that stuff with so much relish

“Both Ms Glucina and the Herald defended the article and the paper’s editor said Ms Bailey was made aware that Ms Glucina was a journalist.”
    A Journalist!!! oh FFS

Here is the bit I liked.
    “But the Press Council upheld complaints made against the Herald, saying it had “generally fallen far short of those standards in its handling of a sensitive issue and its failure to respect the interests of a vulnerable person.”
    Herald got their digital ears slapped PFFFFFFFFFF

I have just heard of this god of blogging NRT
    Thank you for getting this text, which clearly shows her intent on that matter.
    Whatever the reason you did it I’m glad you did
    because sunlight is needed on the gloomy days.

• Mike C

@Pickled

Rachel Glucina and Cameron Slater are both muck-rakers and bottom-feeders … and the fact that Judith Collins has publicly stated that she considers Glucina and Slater to be personal friends … makes me very worried about her incessant pursuit of John Keys job 😦

Collins hangs out with some pretty nasty people … so what is that saying about her integrity and honesty ???

“Lie Down with Dogs … You get Fleas”

/  20th February 2016

I don’t buy for a second the claim the waitress was a vulnerable person – load of crap from the Press Council which is par for the course for them. A vulnerable person does not go picketing the PM’s house and find an extremist Lefty attack blogger to launch her assault on the PM.

Glucina was right: “Massive political agenda”.

• Mike C

@AlanW

So why did the Waitress back off from Glucina and all of the Pony-Gate drama when things became really public ???

Surely the Waitress would have been as happy as “A Pig in Mud” … with causing problems for John Key … if she was as much of a shit stirrer as you say she is.

/  20th February 2016

She wanted to fire her grenades from behind an anonymous sandbag. Once her cover was blown she was exposed for what she was – a Lefty grinding a political axe and using her sex to do it. Suddenly reality struck.

/  20th February 2016

a young waitress has all these ulterior motives…get help…you sad fuck.

/  20th February 2016

I don’t need your help Blazer and the Lefty help she got was equally thick.

• Pickled Possum

@ Al

No one said she had to be vulnerable forever,
        Her vulnerable person could not flick her hair from side to side to escape
        the clutches of john key on those early sat morning raids.
        Which I may add he said … “well maybe I went a bit too far with her.”

Today she is strong in the knowledge she was right to talk about what happened to her,
        talk to the people she feels safe with. Like it or not.
        That’s what gave her the strength.

That lady Glucinda has a bunny boiler fire cracker extraordinaire look going on
        disguising herself as a person.
        But obviously she fills a need in the market.

• Mike C

@Pickled

Why is it that most of your comments look like “Sonnets” of late ??? 😦

/  20th February 2016

thank god ..the ‘wilkie bar skidder ‘ has arrived to put things right…fact…Key persisted in pursuing his tricophilia fetish despite her telling him and her boss it was unwelcome,…the damage control 101 smear the complainant and minimise the action with a ready and willing team of sycophant pocket pissing ‘journos’…thats the american way, eh John.