Penny Bright making things up

Penny Bright often promotes herself on Kiwiblog (not here yet Maggie). Today at 9:50 am:

Fellow Auckland Mayoral candidate ‘Independent’ Phil Goff (currently Labour MP for Mt Roskill) supports the TPPA, road tolls, Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) and the sale of Auckland Council assets – starting with the Remuera Golf Course.

It therefore surprises me that a number of Kiwibloggers don’t support Phil Goff for Mayor – because don’t a lot of you support the above-mentioned policies?

I don’t.

Which is why I expect to get electoral support from a number of Labour Party supporters, and the 64% of (2013) non-voters, who are unlikely, in my view, to feel inspired by these policies which are promoted by and serve the interests of the corporate 1%?

Penny Bright
2016 Auckland Mayoral candidate.

Another person who dreams that the non-voters will support them.

But more interesting – she often promotes herself at The Standard too. Today at 10:16 am:

City Vision have endorsed Phil Goff as ‘their’ Mayoral candidate.

Phil Goff supports the TPPA, road tolls, Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) and the sale of Auckland Council assets – starting with the Remuera Golf Course.

Does that mean City Vision now supports the TPPA, road tolls, Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs) and the sale of Auckland Council assets – starting with the Remuera Golf Course?

Perhaps ‘Mickey Savage’ could please explain?

Kind regards,

Penny Bright
2016 Auckland Mayoral candidate.

Some of those paragraphs are straight copy/pasted.  There’s one significant addition at The Standard: City Vision have endorsed Phil Goff as ‘their’ Mayoral candidate.

Te Reo Putake did the explaining:

Fuck off, liar. City Vision haven’t endorsed Phil Goff, as you well know. Any chance you’ll get round to telling us why you are a climate change denier? No, thought not. Transparency is for others. aye?

Pay your rates, bludger. Then you might have some credibility.

That’s the sort of response most people wouldn’t get away with at The Standard. Paul asked:

Courtesy please

Te Reo Putake:

No courtesy for lying spammers who troll this site to boost their own egos. Penny is a bludging bullshit artist who can’t answer a straight question. As I suggested yesterday, ACT is the party most closely aligned with her lifestyle and values.

Perhaps today was payback, Penny has been trying to portray herself as New Zealand’s version of Bernie Sanders.

Sasha is more courteous but challenges strongly:

“City Vision haven’t endorsed Phil Goff, as you well know.”

Yep, 3rd time Ms Bright has made that claim here in recent days.

From their website:

“While City Vision is yet to make a formal Mayoral endorsement decision, we believe that we could work collaboratively with Mr Goff to build a better Auckland”, says Waitematā Local Board Chair, Shale Chambers.”

That’s correct.

I don’t expect Penny to mend her ways but other readers deserve not to be continually lied to.

It’s surprising she is still allowed to comment at The Standard.

I’m not sure that non-voters will be inspired to participate on behalf of a rates defaulter who repeats what appear to be deliberate lies.

1. Mike C

/  28th February 2016

I have just fallen in love with “TeReoPutake” and I want to have his babies. LOL 🙂

• Nelly Smickers

/  28th February 2016

I’m not sure he’s that way inclined 😦

• Anything’s possible in the modern world, Nelly, and I imagine if Mike C and I were to have babies they would be beautiful, clever and above average in every measurable way.

/  28th February 2016

How sweet to see true love in the harsh world of politics. Though my hell-bitch is looking a tad unfaithful.

@TeReoPutake

You say all the right things … you smooth talker you 🙂

We are now officially engaged to be married. LOL.

• Nelly Smickers

/  28th February 2016

Well actually TRP, my huzband reckons it would turn out to be a right little shite 😀

2. kittycatkin

/  28th February 2016

Thank you, but she has nothing in common with Act. What an insult to Act !

3. kittycatkin

/  28th February 2016

I seem to remember that she picketed one Act conference or party launch with her groupies-she would never fit into Act, ever. She’s such an egomaniac and so ignorant; Act is for thinking people, not the Penny Brights of this world. The thought of her trying to hog meetings and conferences is too awful to contemplate.

• kittycatkin

/  28th February 2016

I must confess that I forgot that I was a lady and told her and them to-well, never mind.

4. Bob

/  28th February 2016

Somebody reads what she writes? Every time I see something is written by her I just scroll on by, it’s always the same cut and paste drival.

• I usually do that to but I was drawn to it this time due to TRP’s reaction.

• Yeah, to be fair, Penny’s constant spamming of TS with the same cut and pastes she dumps all over the rest of the net is tiresome. But the porkies are what really wind me up. If she can’t be open about her own views and honest about the positions of others, she has no real credibility. Which is why she is mostly ignored at TS, I guess.

@TeReoPutake

Hope Penny doesn’t ever set up shop here … because most of the time she comes across as being “Several Kumaras Short of a Hangi” … “Sandwiches/Picnic” … “LightBulbs/Chandalier” etc 🙂

• kittycatkin

Bricks/dunny. eggs/omelette/, bristles/brush… 😀

• mrMan

/  28th February 2016

Omelettes are never short of eggs. There’s never been a 2 egg omelette, say, with less than 2 eggs, it’s an impossibility.

• kittycatkin

/  28th February 2016

That’s the whole point-that she’s an omelette short of-oh, never mind. If you don’t understand this particular figure of speech, there’s not much point in trying to explain it.

• mrMan

/  28th February 2016

It’s eggs short of an omelette.

A few kitty’s short of a litter maybe?

• kittycatkin

/  28th February 2016

It makes no difference in this case-the result is the same.I invented this saying; I can put it whichever way round I want to.

An omelette short of a few eggs/ a few eggs short of an omelette. In other words, the whatever it is won’t work because…oh, never mind. You appear not to have come across figures of speech and I can’t be bothered to explain them to you.

‘A few kitty’s” ? Don’t you mean ‘kitties’ ? For someone who’s forever correcting other people’s writing, even when this is right in the first place, you seem to have a poor standard of literacy, mrMoron.

• mrMan

“I invented this saying”
              BWAH haha.

Here’s people talking about it 7 years ago.

Anyway, stop being so literal all the time, it’s painful, especially when you’re being pigheaded and wrong (nearly always).
              The joke is that omelettes …. you wouldn’t get it.

@TeReoPutake

But Penny Bright couldn’t possibly be a liar … because she hates liars … and she said so in an interview with a journalist at the Herald:-

Scroll straight down to Number 8 … if you want to avoid the rest of the drivel …

Enjoy 🙂

• Ha! That’s pretty funny. Oddly enough, I knew Penny many, many years ago. I was totally in awe of her, particularly the struggle she went through to get her welders ticket. She broke down a lot of barriers for women in the trades. But now, she’s fully gone off the deep end. It’s kinda sad.

5. Mike C

/  28th February 2016

How much does Penny Bright owe the Council in rates now ???

• artcroft

34K. I’m looking forward to sale day. 🙂

/  28th February 2016

$34,182.56 as at 30 June 2015. Probably more now.

• I wonder how a candidate standing for Parliament who had refused to pay their taxes for several years would get on. I don’t think any party would stand such a candidate.

/  28th February 2016

If they stood as an independent, as long as they have no convictions and meet the nomination requirements they’d be on the ticket. They’d be dog-tucker for their opponents though. By contrast, Penny picked up 11,723 votes in 2013.

• Nelly Smickers

/  28th February 2016

Don’t get your hopes up Arty!

My husband knows PB’s boyfriend, and he reckons the house is mortgage free and the ‘rates money’ has been sitting in a trust account for yonks.

She may be a lot of things, but she ain’t silly 😉

@Nelly

When you say Penny has a boyfriend … are we talking about a real life one … or the blow-up type … or maybe an Alsation? 🙂

• Oooh, that’s nasty. The weddings off 😉

• kittycatkin

/  28th February 2016

Do the words ‘breach of promise’ mean anything to you, TRP ?

Mike-you know that you don’t have to give the ring back, don’t you ? I’ll look after it for you, if you like.

@Kitty

I have so many engagement rings and wedding bands … that I don’t know what to do with them all 😦

Am thinking of listing them on TradeMe.

/  28th February 2016

@Tee-Pee (my pet-name for you)

Nah … I don’t give a shit about a wedding … because they are a waste of money 🙂

Let’s just live in sin … and have babies out of wedlock. LOL.

• Nelly Smickers

/  28th February 2016

Funnily enuff, I guessed from very the first time we locked horns on here, that you wouldn’t have had a strict Catholic upbringing 😦

@Nelly

I have you know that I am a Baptised and Confirmed Catholic.

And I am also Baptised and Confirmed in the Church of England.

Who knows what other Religions or Political Party’s I might decide to join on a whim. LOL 🙂

• Nelly Smickers

/  28th February 2016

There is still time for repentance Michael, so you may enter at the lowest level of pain……..

My prayers will be with you tonite 🙂

• Reginald Perrin

/  28th February 2016

So why has she sanctioned a Give-a-little page to pay the rates owing then?

My dear departed boss CJ always used to say “I didn’t get where I am today by not following the money”

@Reginald Perrin

Have you got a link you can upload in here to confirm that Penny has managed to start up a Give a Little Page to pay off her Rates Debt? 🙂

• Reginald Perrin

/  29th February 2016

After the recent District Court decision there was lots of social media discussion, some of which indicated that the debtor had given her consent for a pocket-picking exercise.

• Reginald Perrin

/  29th February 2016

Further to the earlier comment Mike C, I see the lady in question has now denied that she either has money held in trust, or has authorised or given permission for fundraising on her behalf.

As my old boss CJ used to say, “I didn’t get where I am today by being a martyr”.

• Reginald Perrin

/  29th February 2016

But the plot thickens, just like a Sunshine Dessert! There’s this little exchange on Penny Bright’s very own Facebook page…

Mark Shaw Kia kaha Penny. I’m sure if you need financial help for all this the will be Pennies from heaven for Penny ..many many will “give a little”

8 · February 19 at 11:02am

Jacquelyne Taylor Mark Shaw.. as one of Penny Bright closest friends would be great if you and others thinking similarly got in touch with her ‘privately’ re your very succinct observation..
              In all the years I have known her and worked with her on various projects when I can.. ( i work freelance and own my own home)
              Penny does everything with ‘no benefits’ contrary to the lies told about her by those who quite frankly she terrifies and rightly so.wink emoticon

.. She relies on the goodness and largesse of friends who trust her implicitly and give as much as they can in whatever way they can to support her standing for Mayor.. And quite frankly showing just how shallow and self interested other candidates are..
              By the way if anyone is replacing their printer.. She is in desperate need of one that works.. Cheers Jax

4 · February 19 at 12:05pm

Mark Shaw I’m involved in as much as my health allows. I’m always available to do what I can. Jacquelyn get in touch or Penny private message me any time I’m in grey lynn

So whilst “Penny Bright 2016 Auckland Mayoral candidate.” (that’s how she signs her comments) may not have solicited money, others have on her behalf, and on Penny’s very own Facebook page. Seeing as how “She relies on the goodness and largesse of friends who trust her implicitly and give as much as they can in whatever way they can to support her standing for Mayor”, i hope she checks her return to the electoral officer carefully to avoid doing a John Banks, and that every piece of “goodness and largesse” she receives is recorded and disclosed. As my much-loved former boss CJ was wont to say, “I didn’t get where I am today by not checking things before I sign them”.

• kittycatkin

/  28th February 2016

My answer to that, RP, is God loves a trier.

I’d like to start a Give a Little page to make Kitty Catkin a very rich lady.

/  28th February 2016

It’s getting even more entertaining over there. Quite a saga.

7. if there’s any Auckland non-voters at Kiwiblog it doesn’t look like Penny will pick many of them up, she is currently on 33 down ticks and 0 up.

• mrMan

/  28th February 2016

30 of which came from people who didn’t even read it, just looked at the name.

• That’s an assumption, but even if true they’re not likely to start voting for her.

• mrMan

/  28th February 2016

It’s a fact about down votes.

• Nelly Smickers

/  28th February 2016

Actually PG, I’m not so sure they wouldn’t vote for her.

What’s more likely, is they just wouldn’t admit it ;D

• The only fact about down votes is the number. Why people down vote and how many read the comment or not is unknown. So you plucked a number out of the air with no way of knowing it was anywhere near the mark or not – that’s a fact.

• mrMan

/  28th February 2016

It’s how down votes work for a regular annoyance like Penny, you see it everywhere.

8. Maggy Wassilieff

/  28th February 2016

I’ve volunteered to do all her PR, but she insists the young ones in Auckland are on to it.
    I’ll alert her again to this vast southern resource of lively political discourse.

@MaggieW

Good luck with that 🙂

Penny is a law unto herself … who just loves to fight against the Establishment.

She has been a self proclaimed Activist since the age of 18.

The woman is now 60 years old.

She will never change.

• kittycatkin

/  28th February 2016

An activist ? Attention seeker, you mean.What a fool she was not to pay the rates-I hate paying them, too, but I don’t want to lose my house.

/  28th February 2016

I agree with Nelly’s comment above. Penny’s always 100% confident she’s not going to lose her house. I’m betting somehow she’s got the rates covered when the time comes that she has to pay up.

@Kitty

Penny considers herself to be an Activist.

If I ever threaten to run for Parliament or a Mayoralty … please slip that cyanide pill I gave you for safe keeping into the cuppa tea you make me at our next Book Club Meeting 🙂

• Maggy Wassilieff

@ Mike C
        I believe I have a winning PR strategy for her…
        She places her rates arrears money into an independent interest-bearing fund (labelled Maggy’s interesting travel fund)
        I undertake to post nothing about or from Penny to any blog site ( so no-one on blogs gets pissed off with her)
        Penny continues to make public appearances (coz she’s got style and looks good)

/  28th February 2016

I’m getting quite fond of Penny. She’s a colourful character. Reports of her inevitable “demise” have so far always proven premature.

@Maggie

WTF ???

Penny Brights “got style and looks good” :/

Are you and I talking about the same person here … or are you just yanking my chain.

• Maggy Wassilieff

/  28th February 2016

are you just yanking my chain.

I’m fairly confident that I’d never yank anything of yours.
            Check this out for style….. and doesn’t she look good?

@Maggie

Yeap … Pennys an absolute stunner alright 🙂

That is obviously the outfit she wore when she was in the French Resistance. LOL.

• Rich Prick

/  29th February 2016

That would age her about right.

• Nelly Smickers

/  29th February 2016

Well it would certainly account for her tenacity and fighting spirit when it comes to doing battle with the likes of ‘Embarrassment Brown’

9. Kevin

/  28th February 2016

So long as she either refuses to pay her rates or put the money in trust for when a judge orders her to pay she has no moral mandate.

“It’s surprising she is still allowed to comment at The Standard.”

And I get banned for merely quoting a district court judge. But as long as you follow the narrative and don’t say mean things about Kim Dotcom you’re safe.

BTW The Standard is down … again. The sooner the Trust or whatever it is that “owns” The Standard gives Prentice the boot the better. It doesn’t cost that much to get a site professionally hosted with a guaranteed uptime.

@”Kevin”

You have got to admit that you no doubt have a major hidden agenda here … given that you are a HUGE pro Whale Oil Fan Boy. LOL 🙂

• Kevin is less hidden than most about what he does on various blogs. Uses the same pseudonym, quite open about it being him.

@George

Well … Kevin clearly doesn’t like the “Standards standards” … and is using your blog to tell them so 🙂

Perhaps Pete Belt could apply for the job of full-time Moderator at the Standard … because that has worked so much in the Whale Blogs favour over the past two years. LOL.

• Pickled Possum

@ pete
          yes I think of Kevin as a homeless child who likes to wonder the desert searching for food and water for his nutritional needs. He is the most lest obnoxious wo fan I have ever meet over the keyboard . He is a true gentleman amongst; some sleazy slimy salacious snakey snot balls, in cyberspace. we live to type another day Kev.

/  28th February 2016

The Standard’s up and working when I went over for a look @ all current threads just now.

• Kevin

/  28th February 2016

It’s working now. The most interesting thread is the one on Trump and lessons to be learnt from him. But otherwise pretty boring.

10. Mike C

@Kevin

Well I haven’t been banned from the Standard yet … but that could be because I haven’t written anything over there yet … except for stuff to do with “Testes and Titties”. LOL 🙂

11. Maggy Wassilieff

@Pete George
    Penny has written to you via Kiwiblog….

publicwatchdog (5,465 comments) says:
    February 29th, 2016 at 9:45 am
    ATTENTION Pete George!

Honestly, I’m going to need some payment if I keep being piggy in the middle.

• Tell her I don’t check for messages on Kiwiblog very much these days. And send her the bill.

/  29th February 2016

Paying bills doesn’t seem to be her forté.

• Pickled Possum

#pete
        Ban her block her please please pretty please she doesn’t follow the right formatting, just block S #@$ T and her views are hard to fathom because they just go on and on and on and on ……… her spam dumps hurt my scrolling finger please please pete
        WAke up possum she’s lurking … circling the camp … Fark!!!!

Pete everybody will spend their energy typing shit to her sayin F.O. like other places except the ones she Banned from. hmmmm pete there’s thought …. Banned

How can one woman who you gotta admit looks ok for her age could be Causing so much mayhem and havoc, shouldn’t she be out there making friends smoozing the people of Auckland to vote for her, instead of harassing some poor blogger’s digital cyberspace time, who just wants to discuss some philly of the day.

/  29th February 2016

She’s keen enough to knock on your door over at The Standard as well, wanting to talk about offence-taking and defaming issues .

12. Reginald Perrin

/  29th February 2016

You seem to have fallen foul of Her Warship Pete. Great! Super!