The idealist

12439427_10208744644799338_3323020129758409544_n

1. Oliver

/  31st March 2016

But is the Coffee shop halal? or kosher? Because this could present a problem.

/  31st March 2016

No, Oliver, the Jew is not Orthodox, so he won’t be strictly kosher, and it’s a coffee bar, not a butcher’s shop so Halal won’t be an issue, either. It’s unlikely that anyone would go into a place where this would be an issue. Don’t nitpick.

• Clemgeopin

/  31st March 2016

So why didn’t they include any Baha’i, Buddhist, Confucianist, Hindu, Jain, Shinto, Tao, Zoroastrian, nude or even a Sikh one, huh?

2. Pantsdownbrown

/  31st March 2016

Which one is carrying the explosives?

3. Iceberg

/  31st March 2016

Looks like the atheist is carrying a Nokia. The good old days.

• Pantsdownbrown

/  31st March 2016

If it’s a depiction of 2016 then that must be the labour party person.

• jamie

/  31st March 2016

I had thought he was the jew. My reasoning being that the muslim is wearing the robe, the christian wearing the cross, and the dark complexion of the other guy suggesting he’s probably not jewish so therefore the atheist.

/  31st March 2016

Is this coffee shop meeting happening in Iran or Syria or Northern Nigeria?

• Clemgeopin

/  31st March 2016

Remember the other infamous shop meeting a few years ago?
      There was a lot of talk but not much laughter after the meeting. Only utter panic and plenty of albumen and yolk on two pretty sad faces. Remember that?

• Missy

/  1st April 2016

Not sure there are any Jews or Christians (or Atheists for that matter) left in Iran, Syria, or Northern Nigeria, most have probably either been killed or scared away.

5. Kitty Catkin

/  31st March 2016

It’s ancient history, it was hardly ‘infamous’ and there was no panic-nor did the two people have egg on their faces-they could not be blamed for being spied on.

• Pantsdownbrown

/  31st March 2016

Clem loves to live in the past – even reinvents it whilst doing so!

• Clemgeopin

/  31st March 2016

Key now says, no they were not being spied on. In fact, he paid a big compensation for the innuendo that you are repeating here! The compensation claim was for 1.25 million dollars. I am guessing that the payment was quite a substantial one, like say about a million + legal costs of may be $300,000? Wonder who paid all that money? Better not be the government money. Is it?

By the way, yes, it was a bad public stunt and quite an infamous meeting going by the frantic raids on media offices and the content of their ‘conversation’.

Read the transcript here:

• Pantsdownbrown

/  31st March 2016

Key paid a small token fee towards the plonkers legal fees………hardly a $300,000 payment – vivid imagination though!

• Clemgeopin

/  31st March 2016

“Key paid a small token fee”

Really? Cool story son. Tell me another.

• Pantsdownbrown

/  31st March 2016

I look forward to you proving a 1.3 million $ settlement?? – all smoke no fire Clem………..your latest delusion reminds me of yesterday when you blamed john Key for climate change damage.

• Clemgeopin

/  31st March 2016

Where did I say the settlement was that figure? Read what I wrote.

I did not blame Key for the Climate change. I wrote about how his many poor policies will affect NZ when he leaves NZ for USA after his stint here. Again, read what I wrote and try to grasp with a little more intelligence in understanding stuff.

You not only have your pants down, they seems to be pretty much twisted.

• Pantsdownbrown

/  31st March 2016

You did mention climate change in your anti-key rant yesterday – but I don’t blame you for not reading what you write as its a bit of a chore.

• Clemgeopin

@Pantsbrowndown:

Yes, I mention climate change in my comment, but not the way you narrowed it. If you read carefully with some intelligent understanding, I was pointing to the poor state that Key would leave NZ in ‘many ways’ after his temporary but quite damaging lack lustre stint here. Damaging to several aspects of NZ including the Climate change because of his administration’s lack of sensible long term policies and programmes to mitigate that issue.

This was my full comment:

“No, I don’t hate him. I pity the fools that get fooled by him and his lying PR spin machine. May be you too will get enlightened one day when he takes off to USA after his stint with NZ is finished, leaving behind the long lasting damage to the NZ and the billions of dollars of enormous debt burden that he would leave behind for our future generations to pay back. In the meantime, enjoy the asset sales so kindly meant for the ‘mums and dads’, the soaring huge house prices, massive immigration influx, rusting railways, traffic jams, the increasing number of the poor, the sick and the homeless, the wonderful TPPA, Tax payer paid private money making Charter schools, catastrophic climate changes, damaging fracking, dirty rivers full of cow urine and shit, $2 billion dollars worth of tax cuts every year that primarily help the wealthy, the 15% GST on everything that primarily hit the poor, low wages, the highly profitable banks, super markets, corporates and multinationals that pay very little taxes……….etc. Enjoy!”
              ————

I take it that except for the Climate change damage part that you disagree with, you do agree with the rest of my views. Right?

• Clemgeopin

Oops, should read @Pantsdownbrown

/  31st March 2016

I gave ya an uptick for the mental image I just got 😀

• jamie

/  31st March 2016

“all smoke no fire Clem…”

That’s not how the saying usually goes.

6. Nelly Smickers

/  31st March 2016

The Maitre’d at the Taupo restaurant told us this one when we were dining there last Thursday night…..

Two Muslim mothers are sitting in a coffee shop chatting over a glass of warm goats milk
    The older of the two pulls a small folder out of her handbag and starts flipping through some photos
    “This is my eldest son, Mujibar. Her would have been 24 now”

“Yes, I remember him as a baby”, says the other mother cheerfully.

“He’s a martyr now though”, his mother confides.

“Oh, how sad dear…”, says the other mother.

“And this is my second son, Khalid. He would have been 21”
    “Oh, I remember him”, says the other happily, “he had such curly hair when he was born”

“He’s a martyr too…”, says the mother quietly.

“Oh, gracious me…”, says the other.

“And this is my third son. My baby. My beautiful Ahmed. He would have been 15”, she whispers.

“Yes”, says the friend enthusiastically, “I remember him when he first started school”

“He’s a martyr also”, says the mother, with tears in her eyes.

After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Muslim mother looks wistfully at the photographs, and searching for the right words, says, “They blow up so fast, don’t they?”

😀

7. Great coffee shop … ugly topic … ugly comments …

• Pantsdownbrown

/  31st March 2016

I agree……..and why is the one in the hats wearing no pants?

8. Chuck out the Hadith, the Sunnah, the Talmud, and the Pauline Epistles and you’ve got a reasonably coherent philosophy to work work (except for the atheist, of course).

• Iceberg

You forgot the Ramath

/  31st March 2016

“Reasonably coherent” is a good way to put it. It’s the areas that are not all that coherent or that are ambiguous or that are subject to harsh interpretations that most problems arise.

9. Not the Lindt Cafe, Martin Place, Sydney then….

10. Maybe the ‘Coffeeshop’ was in Amsterdam..??
    ‘smokin’ !’ LOL 😀