Freed launching

It looks like something revolutionary in online media is going to happen.

Cameron Slater has been promising to launch Freed for 18 months. There are indications  that he is ready to break free.

He wants to break free from political skulduggery and manipulation.

He wants to wash the mud off his hands and break free from the era of Dirty Politics.

He wants to break free from the abusive and ridiculing behaviour he is synonymous with.

He wants to break free from the shackles of paid for sock puppetry.

He wants to break free of the wailing woes of Whale Oil (he’s been embarrassed since he discovered the site simple isn’t actually a whale).

He wants to break free of being seen as the spoilt brat bad boy of the blogosphere.

What else would he want to break free from?

Freed website.

1. Nelly Smickers

/  1st April 2016

Maybe ‘Freed’ would like to consider some different ideas for a corporate logo and business card design 🙂

2. FarmerPete

/  1st April 2016

I have always regarded Weldon as somewhat of a lightweight. Now I think he has totally lost the plot. I wonder if his board is totally in sync with this move?

3. April 1

• Missy

/  1st April 2016

I am still on Mar 31, so have just clicked it is April 1 in NZ… duh!

4. Karen

😀….check the date 😀

5. Dougal

Yes, April 1. Belt even getting in on the act to “subvert” us tumbleweeds 😎

6. Pickled Possum

hehe Watch out folks April Fools Coming your way all day. 😎
    The real laff for me is when I read the header Freed … I thought pfffffft
    what a waste of paper ink and energy that would be. 🙂
    The thing about our NZ tumbleweeds aka spinifex ..is where ever they tumble
    they reproduce 🙂

7. MaureenW

/  1st April 2016

April Fools joke – ha, ha – good one!

An excerpt from the WO article …”MediaWorks|Whaleoil will launch in 2016 under the management of respected news professional Mark Jennings, who will provide the necessary maturity and experience to deliver on the key performance indicators of the new newsroom….”

Back in February however, Mark Jennings resigned from Mediaworks ..

• MaureenW

/  1st April 2016

With journalistic accuracy like this it’s bound to be a big hit.

8. Pete Kane

/  1st April 2016

Wonder what the Jennings family thought of this little April 1 joke?

• Dougal

/  1st April 2016

Mediaworks will have had to agree to the use of their logo and including Weldon. May also be a fishing exercise. If true, all power to Cam and SB. I maintain I have never had an issue with either of them and enjoy reading some of their articles.

9. Robby

/  1st April 2016

Almost had me fooled for a minute Pete. Reminds me of a joke I heard a while ago….
    A gang member called Dave is at WINZ talking to his case manager.
    “Bro, I’m sick of taking money from the government. I haven’t worked for the past 12 years, and I’m getting bored. Have you got any jobs at the moment that might be suitable for me?
    His case manager smiles, and says “Well Dave, I’m glad you came in today, because we just this morning had a visit from a Russian billionaire named Sergei. He is visiting on business, and his yacht is anchored at the marina, it has a fully stocked bar and a pool. Sergei is very busy, and would like someone to keep his wife entertained onboard during the day. He mentioned she likes tattoos and leather, a lot. The pay is $2000 USD/week tax free. Interested Dave?”.
    “You’re fucking kidding!”, exclaims Dave
    “Well”, says his case manager, “You fucking started it”. 😀

• Dougal

/  1st April 2016

Replace “Dave” with Hone Harawera and could be a true story.