A Harawira comeback?

It looks like Hone Harawira is going to attempt a political comeback.

Source from the North: Hone Harawira WILL contest the 2017 election in Te Tai Tokerau, for the Mana Movement

If he stands in Te Tai Tokerau it will be interesting to see how Labour deals with the campaign there. Kelvin Davis won the electorate off Harawira in 2014, much to the annoyance of Mana and Internet Party supporters who needed an electorate win to make it into Parliament.

There was also quite a bit of annoyance that Mana got on board with the money man, Kim Dotcom. There will be memories of that.

While Mana supporters have remained active the Party has virtually disappeared with their website gone and only spasmodic activity on Facebook.

They seem to have tried to re-brand themselves as a ‘movement’ but there hasn’t been much sign of it.

1. Zedd

/  13th June 2016

Good to hear.. ‘the more the merrier !’ 🙂

btw; I think Hone’s comments about ‘feed the kids.. NOT weed the kids’ may have been a main crack too, between Internet & Mana parties? :/

/  13th June 2016

If the Maori Party couldn’t swing it last election, Mana’s not going to.

/  13th June 2016

Who’s giving me downticks? Stop giving me downticks. I’ve had a root canal done today and it hurts like hell. I’m in no mood for bloody downticks on top of that! 😡

How’s voting for Hone Harawira for Mana going to help anyone up North? Never mind the bloody downticks – spell that out for me?

/  13th June 2016

(I don’t really mind the downticks, just felt like getting a few, and still waiting for someone to spell out for me how voting for Hone will or has ever achieved anything? 🙂 )

3. Iceberg

/  13th June 2016

Harawira had his turn at the trough and achieved nothing. Then he became the biggest sellout in NZ politics.

4. Blazer

/  13th June 2016

I like Harawira,calls a spade.a…spade.

5. PDB

/  13th June 2016

PG: “They seem to have tried to re-brand themselves as a ‘movement’”

Yes – of the bowel………

6. jamie

/  13th June 2016

I thought they were calling themselves a “movement” back before the last election too.

• PDB

/  13th June 2016

A movement of money from Dotcom’s bank account to Hone’s…….