Go Fiji!

Fiji have never won an Olympic medal – yet. They are currently playing in the semi-final of the men’s sevens, against Japan, and it looks like they are on track to win this and guarantee a gold or silver.

Fiji would be a very popular winner, and it will good enough to see them get any sort of medal in a sport they are passionate about.

Japan have done extremely well to make the semis, beating New Zealand in their first game, but they are struggling against Fiji. Final score 20-5.

Go Fiji!

Versus Great Britain in the final, who have just beaten South Africa.

1. Pete Kane

/  12th August 2016

That would be fantastic PG. A people that truly deserve a lift. And I rgard them as friends, even if our Government often seems not too.

• They are in with a real chance now.

/  12th August 2016

I will be keeping fingers, toes, eyes and ears crossed and so will the dog.

One nice thing is that nobody could feel ashamed of being beaten by those big lads.

/  12th August 2016

shades of SM…there Kitty…what exactly did happen….at …band camp?

Fiji Rulz ok!

• Pete Kane

/  12th August 2016

Had a quick look at the recent comments list. Don’t you go to bed G.?

/  12th August 2016

I keep trying to but that swine pp keeps posting good music vids into the wee smalls & I’m a muso.

Headin off for a nap right now tho. Keep fighting the good fight PK!

3. Pete Kane

/  12th August 2016

Still in Tasman and forgot yesterday to (try and) book a cheapy back for Sunday. Actually almost always up for sunrise when ever in most parts of the South Island and esp. on a clear day.

4. Pete Kane

/  12th August 2016

PS dont foget 10 am Gentlemen. Without wishing to appear unpatriotic this will undoubtably be the Games highlight for me. And a first for me, given it doesn’t actually (directly) involve us.

5. Zedd

I was hoping Japan got Gold, but Fiji did the deed.. “Bula, WELL DONE !” 😀

She’s a hard road winning a Sevens gold. Good on ya boys. 🙂

/  12th August 2016

Oh, frabjous day, calloo, callay ! I couldn’t be more pleased, despite my complete lack of interest in rugby as a game. I bet that the chemists in Fiji are doing a great trade in smelling salts 😀

Slainthe mhath !

(uncrosses the dog’s ears and paws)

6. lurcher1948

/  12th August 2016

It’s good that Fiji beat GB for the gold medal as Fiji selects the style of player who can play and win.New Zealand seems to select a team of has beens or anyone that are not wanted by any team and are not the right build and were a team of no bodies ending up as Chockers.SBW who I have no time for was there for the glory and I’m pleased a real rugby player has the chance to take this carpet bagger,Johnny çome latelys place

/  12th August 2016

very harsh ..Lurch…have to blame the coach imo…the game has changed and he has not…should be stripped of his knighthood,its another very ‘soft’ one,they remind me of the adage…’the English have a habit of making anything ,any good….far too…common’!