Friday night Woodstock

Woodstock2007

1. I am strongly against mass racism as well as mass religious persecution.

/  26th August 2016

You’d better avoid France, in that case.

• I have had just one brief encounter with France. It was the only country of five I visited that asked me to produce my passport.I was lucky I took it with me that day, I nearly left it behind because up until then I hadn’t needed it within Europe.

Once they saw I was Kiwi they moved on down the train.

/  26th August 2016

You’d better avoid most muslim majority countries too – especially those in the Middle East, The Indian subcontinent, and North and Central Africa.

2. Blazer

/  26th August 2016

one bloke who converted to Islam…don’t think the 72 virgins convinced him!

3. Kitty Catkin

/  26th August 2016

Does anyone remember The Telephone Man ? I was listening to the single recently. I remember finding it hilariously funny years ago and was pleased to find the single in a 2nd hand shop.

4. I’m voting for Joan tonight and Joe Hill.

/  26th August 2016

6. Well, well I never knew these two performed together. Janice has some serious booty on her.

• Conspiratoor

/  27th August 2016

There is something very odd about that duo, can’t put a handle on it though.

/  27th August 2016

Is it that from some angles she looks a bit like Sue Bradford perhaps?

8. patupaiarehe

• pickled possum

/  26th August 2016

They are enjoying themselves and sing it their way, all good!!
      Here is Jimi, this song i hard to find in the original.

• patupaiarehe

/  26th August 2016

Hiya Possum, that link isn’t working, try this one….

• pickled possum

WOW!!! He is Good … for a boy in a suit. πŸ™‚
          Got any Jimi singing cross roads ?

• patupaiarehe

Unfortunately I can’t find anything of good quality 😦

One for c

• Conspiratoor

/  27th August 2016

Outstanding. Clapton at his plugged best G. Very close to his all time acoustic best ‘So Long’. Cheers,c

/  27th August 2016

Thank you c. He was pretty good, wasn’t he. Especially playing a guitar that looked to me like it was just a tad too big for him. πŸ™‚

10. pickled possum

11. patupaiarehe

/  26th August 2016

My personal fav from Jimi..

/  26th August 2016

I love that one too, but I can hear that the song’s been done on his Strat, patu, not the Flying V he’s got in that clip.

12. patupaiarehe

/  26th August 2016

Time to ‘crank it up’ methinks….

/  26th August 2016

My guitarist schoolmate Patrick was into any kind of music he could lay his hands on.
    The walls of his ‘pad’ out the back of his mam’s house was covered in albums because the artwork was always so fantastic. He’d just reach up & pick them out of their drawing pin placeholders and whack em on the stereo mit der HUGE speakerz every Friday night, when The Ladz (all 5 of us) got to Waitara in Brian’s little Prefect 100E (that we sometimes had to get out of & push up the Waitara Hill going back to New Plymouth at 1 am).

He loved these dudes, their album covers were riots of colour – & their music is full-on everything.

/  26th August 2016

He’d get pissed off with me. I’d tell him imo they were the height of musical silliness πŸ™‚

• patupaiarehe

/  26th August 2016

Great song G, doesn’t really match their look tho’! A bit like Mungo Jerry I guess.

/  26th August 2016

The head honcho’s a bit *stork’s nest* in the hair department πŸ™‚

Must have a look around sometime for more of their stuff – might not all have been over the top … can’t remember.

• pickled possum

/  27th August 2016

Jeez I never knew They Looked like THAT!!! LOL
      Catchy tune tho’

14. patupaiarehe

/  26th August 2016

Reminds me a bit of ‘The Darkness’. Heard this one before G? Be patient, it has an epic solo… πŸ˜‰

/  26th August 2016

Late enough for me. Night patu.

• patupaiarehe

Ka kite G

/  26th August 2016

Still got the Purple Haze cover to listen to after The Darkness (still playing – excellent btw).
        Then zz’s bro. πŸ™‚

16. patupaiarehe

/  27th August 2016

One for the morning G. Cya…

17. patupaiarehe

/  27th August 2016

Better make that two…

18. Kitty Catkin

/  27th August 2016

I have been having fun with my record player-not as good as the hand-me-down that I used to have-Yellow Brick Road is on now. Kate Bush was on before that. Electric Light Orchestra, Del Shannon, KISS, Edison Lighthouse….nostalgia time.

The hand-me-down lost the spindle (? The bit that holds the records on) soon after we moved here. I hung onto it for ages in the hope that this would turn up-tried substitutes-eventually decided that it was pointless and threw my lovely record player out, The missing part turned up almost immediately. (weeps)