Open Forum – Tuesday

29 November 2016

Facebook: NZ politics/media+

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you.

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts.

Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.
  • Debate hard if you like but respect people’s right to have varying views and to not be personally be attacked.
  • Don’t say to a stranger online anything you wouldn’t say to their face.

Moderation will be minimal if these guidelines are followed. Should they ever be necessary any moderator edits, deletes or bans will be clearly and openly advised unless obviously malicious from anyone breaching site protocols, or spam.

1. Pickled Possum

/  29th November 2016

Yeck in Auckland for a few days … might see you around … butt I gotta say all this sneezing without covering your mouth and nose is just down right disgusting folks … people from poorer countries that come and make NZ their home, should have a course in hygiene and all its practises I find they are the ones who sneezed over me yesterday … Well folks there are a few peeps who now know the kaupapa on this hehehehe

• Klik Bate

XD

• Pickled Possum

/  29th November 2016

HaHaHa old lady I am back where I came from why don’t YOU!!!!!

/  29th November 2016

I see plenty of people who look like Kiwis doing this, or (eckkkk) sneezing into their hands. Free-sneezing is universal. Coughing into a hand is pretty icky, too, as the person then touches things-they might as well free-cough and have done. Then there are the finger-lickers who are really spitting on the pages. Who wants to read something that someone has licked ? Bleck.

I blame the government.

3. Klik Bate

/  29th November 2016

Increasing numbers of female refuges from countries such as Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq are seeking asylum…….AWAY from ‘Asylum Centers’ due to domestic violence 😡

‘…part of the problem is the inability of men to accept the freedom accorded their wives, daughters and siblings in the West’

WAKE UP NEW ZEALAND ❗

• Joe Bloggs

/  29th November 2016

No problems with errant sneezing here – mouths and noses are well covered… 🙂

4. Joe Bloggs

/  29th November 2016

Looks like the entire “alt right” white supremacist movement that’s about to take over the American presidency is entirely unbothered by massive contradictions….

So now we have Trump complaining about the recount while claiming “millions” of undocumented voters cost him the popular vote. Let’s criticise Jill Stein for methodically looking for evidence while offering wild, unsubstantiated claims that we lost the popular vote due to massive noncitizen voter fraud….

This is even better than a Tui’s billboard

5. Corky

/  29th November 2016

Don’t panic folks. Islam is a religion of peace. This Somali chap in Ohio was depressed at our decadent western culture, so its understandable he would plough his car into a group of unimportant Infidels. He’s at peace now with his virgins and is laughing and grinning and stuff. Meanwhile, on earth….

I think the science is settled…. its about time will took heed of the conclusion.

/  29th November 2016

NZ children born into single parent families are nine times more likely to be abused than others.
    NZ children whose parent or caregiver spent 80% or more of the last five years on a benefit are almost 40 times more likely to be abused than others.

Maori children born into single parent families are four times more likely to be abused than other Maori children.
    Maori children whose parent or caregiver spent 80% or more of the last five years on a benefit are almost 20 times more likely to be abused than other Maori children.

Click to access Child-Abuse-and-Family-Structure-FULL-REPORT.pdf

• Anonymous Coward

/  29th November 2016

In 2014, 29% of all children lived in relative poverty but only 1.5% were found to be abused.

• Anonymous Coward

Also…
      “The presence of biological fathers matters…Marriage presents the greatest likelihood that the father will remain part of an intact family.” WHAT?

and

“The family model in which children are raised by their two biological parents did not evolve without reason, and it is still fit for purpose.” HUH? (sounds real christiany except for the word evolve)

8. Kitty Catkin

/  29th November 2016

Can anyone tell me a remedy for hayfever that really works ? Apart from mowing the lawn before it’s an embarrasment and the worst one in the street, that is.

/  29th November 2016

Yes,sure. Take half a teaspoon of bee pollen, daily, for approx 3 months. You should be good to go for the rest of your life apart from the odd flair-up that will last half a day at most. If I’m mowing,weed-eating or using the bobcat I use a cheap paper face mask.

/  29th November 2016

Got to take an anti-histamine.

• Klik Bate

@Kitty

There’s nothing my 34yo daughter hasn’t tried for her hayfever symptoms over the years, but the thing she finds really works for her these days, is 3 tbs of ACV diluted in water, with a little raw honey added to taste if needed. Just sip it during the day until consumed If you haven’t tried it already, no harm in giving it a go. ACV has numerous other health benefits as well.

• Hollyfield

/  29th November 2016

I use Zetop, same product as Zyrtec but 1/4 the price.

/  29th November 2016

I have been taking one called Loraclear -something like that.

Bee pollen sounds interesting. A man I knew swore by Vitamin B for cold sores-take for a month every quarter. He used to get them really badly. It has to be the one for skin, not the one for stress. It worked for a man with very fair skin who was getting them so badly that he was seriously considering giving up his work as a harbourmaster.

Why do some things cost such different prices for the same ingredients ? I always look ! I buy the cheap brand of ibuprofen, it’s as good as Nurofen because it has the same ingredients-as do the cheap brands of paracetomol.

ACV is cider vinegar, no ? Hold your nose until it’s gone down…it’s FOUL.

• Klik Bate

/  29th November 2016

Yep, ACV = Apple Cider Vinegar. My daughter reckons it’s the cats whiskers!
          Also great for playing ‘dutch ovens’ apparently…..gets the son in-law every time 😡

/  30th November 2016

I tried it for arthritis, but hated the taste & was glad to discover glucosamine. My mother swore by cider vinegar.

My throbbing sinuses, dripping nose and sneezing eased by about 10pm, thank heaven, I crawled self-pityingly into bed soon after 7 with a box of tissues and bag of cotton rags (these are very gentle on a sore nose) . I will definitely try the pollen treatment as it can only do good (the bees who were mugged for their pollen might not agree)

9. PDB

/  29th November 2016

Coldest November in NZ I can remember of more recent times? It will be interesting to see how it stacks up compared to other years………

/  29th November 2016

It can’t make its bloody mind up here, it’s been sweltering one day and cool the next. A drop of a few degrees makes a huge difference; I was really surprised to see that it was 20o a few days ago-I was really cold.

We have had a lot of that can’t make its mind up if it’s going to rain or not weather.

• patupaiarehe

/  29th November 2016

It’s been a bit like that down here too Kitty. Calm & bright at 6am today, then cloudy with a gale blowing this arvo, but now calm with stars starting to appear. I put it down to a mild spring making itself known before it’s gone.
        Saw something earlier that made me think of you… 😉

/  30th November 2016

I have told the barometer to LOOK OUT OF THE BLOODY WINDOW-it’s opposite one- does that look like fine weather to you ? Well ? Does it ?

I like the story of Anthony Eden’s father throwing the barometer out the window into pouring rain, crying ‘See for yourself, you bloody thing !’

Mine is usually fairly accurate-and cottages should have old-fashioned barometers, not the modern variety. Mine even has real mercury in its thermometer.

I sometimes wonder if the weather forecasters just stick a hand out of the window….

/  30th November 2016

You could always try one of Ken Ring’s NZ Weather Almanacs? Ken has claimed to predict local weather conditions correctly 80-90% of the time, based on lunar cycles and previous weather records. He rejects criticism from skeptics who claim he is a fraud and derived that success rate from feedback from satisfied users of his almanacs, mostly farmers “some of whom of whom can’t even read or write”.

/  30th November 2016

(He only said “of whom” once though, as I recall.) 😳

/  30th November 2016

I’d be very surprised & sceptical to hear that a farmer was illiterate-very.

/  30th November 2016

Yes. This was I raised with Ken as I recall. It was difficult to see how his almanac would be of any use to them if they couldn’t read it. Could’ve asked the missus or the kids to read it to them though, I suppose.

10. lurcher1948

/  29th November 2016

Do you know a fast dog walks slowly with a sore body and ANY muslim could any day blow itself up or mow you down with a car and start stabbing,
    PS anyone know a Jewish NZr planning this none NEVER but Somalis are REALLY NASTY pieces of shit in the hutt valley…just saying

11. patupaiarehe

/  29th November 2016

Time for me to go, but here’s a little lullaby for whoever is still about (yes you!)
    Patu Jr & I love to play this together, him on lead, like this guy, and me on bass. His favourite part is 5:39 on, where he just gets to play around with ‘powerchords’. Then just smash out the last part! Bloody kids!