Woe is WO

It’s fairly ironic to see Cry baby of the week on Whale Oil today in amongst these posts:

There seems to be some whale sized tears being shed over Bill English’s success in becoming the next Prime Minister, at the expense of Cameron  Slater’s favourite, Judith Collins.

Bill English’s bullying of MPs has worked, he has the numbers to become leader of the National party. As a result Judith Collins has quit the race.

Funny to see Slater accusing someone of political bullying, given that is how he made himself infamous through Whale Oil.

He has threatened MPs still waiting on selections that they would be rinsed if they didn’t declare, he’s promised others jobs, and now the retribution will start.

That’s otherwise known as horse trading, something that’s very common in political power struggles. As Slater should know.

A great many bridges have been burnt with John Key’s petulant quitting and there exists now deep divisions inside National.

I expect Bill English to follow form and begin purging those who dared to have an opinion that differed from his. It is likely that both Collins and Coleman will be removed from their ministerial portfolios as Bill English has promised far too many people positions. He may even have to extend the ministry to 25 to accommodate the promises.

I’m sure that Coleman and Collins knew the risks they took challenging English. Both promised to support English fully when they withdrew.

Crying in advance without knowing what English will do is a bit pointless.

For my part I can no longer support the National party that is led by Bill English. I expect an immediate tanking in the polls.

He has already said he doesn’t support National. Slater threw a hissy fit when Key took him off his contact list.

It is a sad day for the National party, and even though I am not a member of any party I can no longer support the National party.

He would have supported it if he had got what he wanted, he hissy fits when he doesn’t. A bit more petulant threatening won’t cause many worries in Team English.

Unfortunately, it appears that John Key’s legacy will one of wrecking a successful government, but I will write more on that later today.

Bill English will make Andrew Little look dynamic.

Slater has had a grudge against English for years and has often wailed about him. He continued smattering his tears through comments.

Bill English will tank the party. Mark my words. I cannot support any party with Bill english as leader.

CheesyEarWax:

I dunno about being divisive or bullying, how else BE would be persuading caucus? Also BE in 2017 is quite different than BE in 2002.

Slater:

No he isn’t. He’s exactly the same. He sent out Jami-lee Ross and Hekia Parata to do his dirty work. Threatening MPs with selection issues, bullying them with job threats…leopards don’t change their spots.

And:

And:

He is churlish and self-serving.

Plenty of irony here. And:

One day you guys might start listening to me. John Key never cared about National, it was simply a vehicle to build his CV…job done…move on. Bill English is the same. He is in the twilight of his career. He went List only last election because he wasn’t sure National could win. He is still planning his exit and a year or less as PM is still PM on his CV so he can rush off to some cushy overseas job.

National’s caucus have picked a man who has 27 years as a MP…at best he has three years left in his job, mostly likely it is less than a year. Well done muppets…your vote for the future is a vote for disaster.

And:

Bill English is a nasty vindictive man who holds grudges for years. He gets others to do his knifing and smiles like he knew nothing about it.

He was a disaster last time and will be a disaster this time. I couldn’t care less that he is Catholic, he is a nasty vindictive man. If you only knew what has gone on the past couple of days then you would shocked.

And:

I would be personally better off with the opposition. Labour may be led by a fool but he isn’t evil or inherently dishonest. Bill English is both.

He has directly attacked me and my family and has been a major blocker of anything I do or did for the National party. He doesn’t want me, and I don’t want him.

I’m better off not being involved.

I suspect that English will be quite happy for Slater not to be involved. I doubt there will be much communicating between the Prime Ministers office and Whale Oil. ‘Dirty Politics’ of the Hager definition is history.

I don’t really care. I have more contacts in other parties than in National.

Nicky Hager has finally won.

This blog will get stronger with a Labour/Green/NZ First government.

It isn’t what I want, but I am telling you that is what you will get. A greatly diminished National party.

I’ve never been a sycophant and I won’t start now.

That’s just from one of his posts. He even dumps on Jami-Lee Ross in one of the others:

Jami-lee Ross had a big problem though. He was doing the numbers for Bill English and he’s the one who fed Patrick Gower the bullshit number of 45 votes, which we now know was rubbish.

Can that be right? Gower said it was a ‘senior MP’. When Ross pledged support for English it was obvious that Collins had no chance.

Slater achieved a lot in building Whale Oil, but his heavy handed approach and his relishing the dirtiness of his political approach has taken it’s toll.

It was obvious that Slater wasn’t even in the loop with Collins’ bid for the leadership. Whale Oil weeps from the sidelines these days with copious bile about others being bullies.

In another of his posts he responds to some of his comment feedback:

This blog will find itself in a pretty shit position from the point of view that it will not support an English-led government.  My readers will go ape-shit because undermining Bill risks a Labour-led coalition sneaking in after a photo finish.

They will probably at least get tired of ten posts a day attacking English.

I will be the first to write a public apology to Bill English if he manages to bring home a National-led government where National still poll with a 4 in front of the party vote.

I hope someone remembers that.

1. lurcher1948

/  8th December 2016

He’s threatened me and my family has he threated you PG???slater has problems,

2. Well, I feel totally vindicated. Remember this is the man (WO/CS) whohas claimed over the last three years to have a special insight into the inner thinking of the National Party. Credible? You be the judge!

/  8th December 2016

Good night, Nurse. Slater throws toys out of cot and cries himself to sleep. What a douchebag.

4. Bob

/  8th December 2016

Ha ha, Slater goes ‘full retard’ and throws all his toys, the irony!

5. Conspiratoor

/  8th December 2016

I screenshotted the first four comments. A time capsule to be unearthed the day after. Slater is correct, this is dumb dumb dumb by national

• They could have done a lot worse and I don’t see how they could have done much better (to be reviewed when the new Cabinet is named).

• Conspiratoor

/  8th December 2016

What is worse than conceding the next election pg? I’ve added your response to the screenshot. Bill the reformer, yeah right…

/  8th December 2016

English and Bennett have reformed the approach to welfare and to Government expenditure. Not sure you can argue anyone else has done more.

• Conspiratoor

/  8th December 2016

They may have reformed the approach Al but they have not reformed welfare. Unless you call 10% of the working age population on a benefit and a 1% reduction over 5 years. I think you have been conditioned to mediocrity

• Who has conceded the next election?

I’m not making any calls on that, far too soon. It will be February-March before we get a reasonable idea of what shifts in party support there may be.

But with Key going National have a much better chance of surviving under English than if they lurched to the right.

6. Klik Bate

/  8th December 2016

According to 7Sharp tonight, Hosing reckons ‘Low Energy Bill’ has been aware of the situation since last September….go figure.

• Yes, it has been reported that Key told English after returning from the US in September, just after he told Bronagh.

/  9th December 2016

He wants to be like Key now…lie like a flatfish…it worked for Key.

/  9th December 2016

You mean the Left’s silly accusations of lying were rejected by the voters who rightly focused on issues that matter – and chances are they’ll keep right on making the same mistake.

/  9th December 2016

We’ll see. The “monkey mind” will be busy in the background.

/  9th December 2016

its either a lie or its not,regardless if voters don’t mind lying.Key has a long list.English knew months ago Key was throwing in the towel.Billy didn’t get the nic…’the double,dipper from Dipton’ for integrity reasons my good man.

What lie?

/  9th December 2016

That he was surprised when Key stepped down.

/  9th December 2016

I guess he could mean he was surprised when Key told him months ago..to give him benefit of the doubt.Seems highly unlikely he had not made up his mind to stand for leader ,with that time frame ,though.

/  9th December 2016

Who would have thought that’s what he actually said?:

Drivel from the Left continues unabated.

/  9th December 2016

‘Finance Minister Bill English has admitted he got his numbers wrong when he was defending his decision to veto a Labour Party bill to extend paid parental leave.’……………
              -‘Having said all that, it has still been morally and ethically wrong for English to claim his Dipton residence to be his primary residence when he and his family actually reside in Wellington’…..you can call these ‘mistakes’ if you really want to!

/  9th December 2016

That depends on the legal definition of primary residence. I wouldn’t know what that is. Do you?

/  9th December 2016

whatever my definition of ‘primary residence’ is ,I’m sure you can find a dictionary/lawyer who will offer an alternative view point!Sound like…anyone?BOL.

7. MaureenW

/  8th December 2016

This video applies to Slater .. Bill Burr commenting on the “stars” who’re moving to Canada if Trump wins” Cher?? “I didn’t even know she was still here lol.

• Where’s Slater moving to if English becomes Prime Minister?

• MaureenW

/  8th December 2016

Slater also states a Labour/Green/NZ First government will bring more traffic to his website. Not so sure about that

• PDB

/  8th December 2016

Slater is being hypocritical (again) as previous to this most recent tantrum he was saying that Winston would never join a Govt that also included the Greens.

Also the obvious hypocrisy is that he is whinging about English using dirty politics considering that’s what Slater lives for…..

8. Joe Bloggs

/  8th December 2016

Not forgetting Blubber Boy’s sneering cheap shot at Paddy Gower for suggesting that English had the numbers… Looks like Gower was spot on with his comments, and is due a fawning retraction from Slater

Today’s posts from the pouting wood louse pretty much consign him to the rubbish bin of irrelevancy

9. PDB

/  8th December 2016

Reading the Whaleoil comments about English really opens the eyes to the many sycophants they still have on there, though I see the odd person (risking a ban for mentioning Slater’s hypocrisy) are getting plenty of upticks.

Straight to the point: English as leader gives National a good chance of being govt post-2017, making Collin’s leader means virtually zero chance.

10. It definitely looks like someone not getting their way do throwing the toys out of the cot.

It does seem ironic that he is calling out people for the same things he is accused of doing.

I just hope National MPs don’t let ego get in the way of support Bill

I think he has what it takes to win (with NZ First as a coalition partner of course).

He takes on the Prime Ministership with the party in good shape in the polls and the economy going well.

Something i have blogged about myself.

11. Jeeves

/  9th December 2016

Oh look, there’s filth on my shoe._._._._.
    Nevermind.

12. I always think it is best to allow people to demonstrate just what they are capable of before making any judgements about success or failure. When you look at the list of the present Cabinet, it is hard to fault the likely pecking order being bandied around, based on current performance. Is there a surprise in the offing? Bill English has been quoted as saying “There will be changes”. I don’t necessarily expect to hear the full English Cabinet on Monday, but at least we will know who will be the Deputy Dog.