Last day in Parliament

MPs had their last day in Parliament for the year today. There were a few shots fired across the house between the larger parties, but the Maori Party duet took a more entertaining approach.

The fun starts at 3:00

1. Corky

/  14th December 2016

Yep, The Maori Party is doing OK….that uke is worth $500 plus. Thanks taxpayers.

😃 Awesome 😀❗️ 👍

3. I’m not usually a great fan of Christmas music but compared to the bickering and attempts at petty point scoring going on around them this was ka pai.

4. Very clever.

5. She has quite a nice voice and I loved it.

6. patupaiarehe

Well done, that was great. I’ll still be voting for NZF though 😛

• Ron Mark finished the year for NZF even though Peters was there. He was too snarky for my liking, like English, Little and Shaw.

They’ll have to go. 😡 Who else have they got ? 😳

• patupaiarehe

/  14th December 2016

Just watched it Pete, and I see what you mean. However, he is right. NZers have had enough. The ones I speak with, anyway…

/  14th December 2016

What exactly have they had enough of?

• patupaiarehe

/  14th December 2016

Immigration policy is a recurring theme. It is nothing short of ridiculous that a chef or a baker can come here due to a ‘skill shortage’, when engineering firms have difficulty finding staff with the required skill level.
            BTW, I think David Seymour did pretty well today.

• Conspiratoor

On yer Pat, we’ve had enough. Cheers,c

• patupaiarehe

/  14th December 2016

The reason that Kiwi tradesmen are sought after all around the world, is because they are good at everything. A NZ trade certified fitter/welder can weld in all positions, read drawings, and be left alone to do his work unsupervised. Not so the foreigners, they are generally really good at one particular task, and are shit at everything else. The problem with this country, IMHO, is that we are exporting all the real talent, and attempting to replace it with individuals who will work hard, for less money…

/  14th December 2016

Various types of engineers are on the Skilled Migrant Category List for residence applicants. What’s the problem?

/  14th December 2016

Oops, sorry – see my comment at margin below. Supergirl is on Duke at the moment. I blame her.

/  14th December 2016

Oh, I see, never mind. So, New Zealand employers are paying shit wages & can’t keep their engineering staff in NZ. Is that the problem?

• patupaiarehe

/  14th December 2016

Pretty much G. And please don’t refer to me as an ‘Engineer’ again, I work for a living mate! Are ‘Steel fabricator’ or ‘Fitter Welder’ on the ‘Skill shortage’ list???

/  14th December 2016

Sorry about that, should’ve said engineering staff.
        Yep, those two trades are on the list.

So, what’s the fix they want? Cheap imports? More money for the home-trained staff to keep em here? All I’m getting is rage against machine at the mo … ?

• patupaiarehe

/  14th December 2016

More money for the ‘home trained staff’. It’s not a case of ‘too many chiefs, & not enough indians’, it is exactly the opposite.
          Speaking of work, I GTG. Cya tomorrow

/  14th December 2016

Ah, ok. So the problem is cheapskate managers & business owners. Need unions to fix that. Ka kite apopo e hoa.

8. Pickled Possum

I tried to grip my family
    But I slipped
    To escape from the pain in an existence mundane
    I gotta nine, a sign, a set and now I gotta name
    Read my writing on the wall
    No-one’s here to catch me when I fall
    Death is on my side, suicide!
    A jail cell is freedom from the pain in my home
    Hatred passed on, passed on and passed on
    A world of violent rage
    But it’s one that I can recognize
    Having never seen the color of my father’s eyes
    Yes, I dwell in hell, but it’s a hell that I can grip
    I tried to grip my family
    But I slipped
    To escape from the pain in an existence mundane
    I gotta nine, a sign, a set and now I gotta name
    Read my writing on the wall
    No-one’s here to catch me when I fall
    Caught between my culture and the system, genocide!
    Read my writing on the wall
    No-one’s here to catch me when I fall
    If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face
    Yeah!
    If we don’t take action now
    We settle for nothing later
    Settle for nothing now
    And we’ll settle for nothing later
    If we don’t take action now
    We settle for nothing later
    We’ll settle for nothing now
    And we’ll settle for nothing later
    If we don’t take action now
    We’ll settle for nothing later
    We settle for nothing now
    And we’ll settle for nothing later