Trump tries to explain on wiretapping

Donald Trump was interviewed by Tucker Carlson on Fox when he tried to explain how solid his claims were when he accused Barack Obama of wiretapping him.

He also explained how Twitter lets him get his message out to avoid failing fake news media.

Exclusive: President Trump on his use of Twitter, its role in his presidential victory, his attitude toward the press coverage he receives from ‘fake new media,’and more

Trump: Twitter allows me to get my message out

Here is some of the transcript (highlighted on Twitter by @BraddJaffy)

TrumpCarlson1

TrumpCarlson2

TrumpCarlson3

TrumpCarlson4

That is the President of the United States of America.

1. Griff

/  16th March 2017

2. I can live with that explanation! You can’t be all things to all people at the same time, eh? The great point he has made in the above conversation is, he knows what is going on and has a plan/approach to deal with it. i.e. He is not stupid.

• duperez

/  16th March 2017

Everyone can live with that explanation. They have to because he is the President of the United States of America.

What he says is important because of that. He sees the fact that he tweets often and reaches a lot of people as giving validity to what he says. What he says has validity because he is the President of the United States of America.

Validity, reach, frequency and importance however do not necessarily indicate truth, rationality, wisdom or intelligence.

/  16th March 2017

He wouldn’t believe something that wasn’t true.

Ergo, if he believes, it’s true.

It’s the old all As are Bs, ergo all Bs are As.

All poodles are dogs, ergo all dogs are poodles.

I used to believe that if I swallowed bubble gum, it would wind itself around my insides. The fact that I believed it didn’t make it true, of course.

• Conspiratoor

/  16th March 2017

So what you seem to be suggesting in your last para is he’s dishonest, irrational and dumb. If that is the case he’s done quite well to get as far as he has …don’t you think

/  16th March 2017

I’m saying that his ego seems to be so massive that he can’t bear to admit that he might be wrong, unlike most people.

There wasn’t a word about him in my last paragraph. But yes, I do believe him to be dishonest and irrational and in many ways stupid. How I wish that he was dumb in the English meaning of the word-mute.

• duperez

/  16th March 2017

Being dishonest, irrational and dumb don’t necessarily mean not being able to achieve.

• Yes duperez, I agree totally. But as this is politics: truth, rationality, wisdom or intelligence do not become criteria for selection, as you and I well know!!

3. Nelly Smickers

/  16th March 2017

To anyone out there who *does actually support* DOTUS, please feel free to download this image…….*then simply insert wherever you think appropriate*.

[deleted]

• Anonymous Coward

/  16th March 2017

“I’m going to tweet that!”

/  16th March 2017

Thank you so much for making sure that I have nightmares tonight-it would be so dull to have ordinary dreams.

Oh dear, I wanted to stop Tabby Tom going out to spray on your car’s aircon vent, but I was just too late.

• Nelly Smickers

[Just don’t bother trying. PG]

4. patupaiarehe

/  16th March 2017

The longer he went on, the more outrageous he got, the worse he made Hillary look, the more it became obvious he stood a good chance of getting elected. By election day it was anybody’s guess, and no great surprise when he was elected.

He employed a high risk strategy of being outrageous, lying, exaggerating, & sold himself as the only person who could stop America being a laughing stock, bust a crooked system, & make everything right. He deliberately created & fostered chaos & exploited it to achieve his goal.

Some are arguing he still is, & that’s the plan. I don’t think the degree of chaos that has resulted was quite foreseen, so now how things go gets interesting. Business risks are one thing, political risks another. But meantime, he is generating a lot of satire & I love it. Big ups to the Don. Jeez, you couldn’t have this much fun with Obama.

6. Pete Kane

Lot of semantics here.

7. Pete Kane

/  16th March 2017

Truth in ‘the middle’. Poor expression in the whole affair.