Open Forum – Thursday

13 April 2015

Facebook: NZ politics/media+

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you.

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts.

Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.
Previous Post

1. Corky

/  April 13, 2017

This is strange viewing for those who have never belonged to a martial arts club. Most clubs usually have one of these wankers whom either will not comply with instructions, or whom refuses to pull their punches. The usual remedy is to have a black belt give them commensurate force in return. Two things then happen, the wanker starts complying henceforth, or he throws a tantrum, calls the sensei and the club bastards and literally walks out on the spot.

There’s also an irony here….notice how the sensei doesn’t fight with the style he teaches

• Anonymous Coward

/  April 13, 2017

I DID notice how the sensei could neither break the grip or throw the guy over his shoulder.

/  April 13, 2017

The rational behind that is to make learning techniques easier. But as you point out if you can’t do these techniques when someone doesn’t comply in a dojo situation, what makes you think it will work on the street.

Right now thousands of New Zealanders are walking around with a false sense of security believing they can handle any situation..

• Conspiratoor

/  April 13, 2017

Yin and Yang brother corks. As a keen student of the ancient and honourable oriental art of Tai Chi I believe I am now in possession of the ability to put an adversary to sleep simply by looking at them. Cheers,c

2. patupaiarehe

/  April 13, 2017

I know it isn’t Friday, but it might as well be. So, is anyone else up for ‘Thursday Night Woodstock’?

This song is for our dedicated ‘Army’; without our crew, street-team, and families, we wouldn’t be doing what we do,
    You launched our follow-up album straight to #1 on the charts,
    This is for you.

3. Pickled Possum

/  April 13, 2017

Found this beauty today 😉 while experiencing ‘cabin fever’ due to the unreasonable weather. Turn the sound down and be prepared to be bewildered.

• patupaiarehe

/  April 13, 2017

I’m a little jealous Possum. When I get a haircut, it’s always a ‘short back & sides’, to match the top… 😀

/  April 13, 2017

Ma dropped round today after she had her hair done. She told me I need to cut my hair it’s too long at the back & also I have to “get rid of that beard’. 😬

/  April 13, 2017

Oh God. I shudder to think what Wayne would say if he saw that !

• patupaiarehe

/  April 13, 2017

“Get rid of that beard”. LOL 😀 I’m fortunate, that in my line of work, I don’t have to deal with the public, so can be as ‘scruffy’ as I like. I shave once a fortnight, whether I need to or not. Sometimes I get lazy, and leave it a little longer. I didn’t shave for a month recently, so obviously it was noticeable when I did. Our lovely young receptionist noticed, and said, “Wow Patu, you look ten years younger, what’s the occasion?”.
          I replied, “My wife was getting bored with her husband, and wanted a visit from her boyfriend!”.

4. Blazer

/  April 13, 2017

interesting how hard it is to donate money these days…tried to chip in to a good cause I have supported before,but…sign in …password ….all too hard…never mind.

• patupaiarehe

/  April 13, 2017

What is your ‘charity of choice’, Blazer?

/  April 13, 2017

have a few ..Fred Hollows,for one…and others.

• patupaiarehe

/  April 13, 2017

Good choice, e hoa. What his foundation does, in the ‘islands’, makes a real difference

5. patupaiarehe

/  April 13, 2017

‘Devilskin’ & ‘Halestorm’ are ‘put in the same basket’, pretty regularly. I can understand why, both are ‘metal’ bands, with a female lead. IMHO, ‘Devilskin’ are better. but make up your own mind…

6. patupaiarehe

LOL

7. patupaiarehe

/  April 13, 2017

We were discussing depression the other night, so this one seems apt. For those who don’t know, Lithium is the ‘last resort’, in treating severe depression.
    They say that music is the universal language, and this track speaks volumes, IMHO…

Lithium, don’t want to lock me up inside
    Lithium, don’t want to forget how it feels without
    Lithium, I want to stay in love with my sorrow
    Oh, but, God, I want to let it go

Come to bed, don’t make me sleep alone
    Couldn’t hide the emptiness; you let it show
    Never wanted it to be so cold
    Just didn’t drink enough to say you love me

I can’t hold on to me
    Wonder what’s wrong with me

Lithium, don’t want to lock me up inside
    Lithium, don’t want to forget how it feels without
    Lithium, I want to stay in love with my sorrow

Don’t want to let it lay me down this time
    Drown my will to fly
    Here in the darkness I know myself
    Can’t break free until I let it go
    Let me go

Darling, I forgive you after all
    Anything is better than to be alone
    And in the end I guess I had to fall
    Always find my place among the ashes

I can’t hold on to me
    Wonder what’s wrong with me

Lithium, don’t want to lock me up inside
    Lithium, don’t want to forget how it feels without
    Lithium, I want to stay in love with my sorrow
    Oh, but, God, I want to let it go

8. patupaiarehe

/  April 13, 2017

Hmmm… Last one from me, something good, from before my time, would be great…