On WO queries and whining

To those who question why I post on WO and Slater inaccuracies (made up claims or deliberate lies), hypocrisy, double standards, dirty blogging, dirty politics etc – see ‘Whale Oil for Winston’ versus Seymour and ACT:

Some of those pushing the ‘poor Cam’, “obsession” etc lines do so anonymously but have a close connection to WO so are trying to discredit the posts. Their attempts make it more likely I will continue to expose WO, not less. They are stupid enough not to have figured that out yet.

Some of those regular readers who genuinely question why I do it:
– I post here for a variety of reasons, a major one being to encourage discussion and cater for regulars here. Another is for a much wider regular readership than those who actively comment. And I also post for other purposes beyond the regular running of Your NZ.
– Posts exposing WO and holding them to account usually attract quite a few comments, aided by the sock puppets.
– Posts exposing WO and holding them to account consistently attract amongst the highest number of clicks/page views, showing there is an interest in them.

Like any post, if you don’t like them you can choose to ignore them. You are also free to criticise me or question what is posted – and you are encouraged to provide facts that might support what is claimed on WO, something I note that no one has done on this thread despite the general moaning.

On of my aims online has always been to hold political blogs to account. I also encourage cross blog commenting, something other blogs tend to discourage. So it is likely I will keep posting about WO, TS, TDB, KB as they are the biggest NZ political blogs.

Finally, a message to friends of WO – if you don’t want to be criticised then don’t post crap. If you want to keep bullshitting and attacking parties and MPs and people then expect to be critiqued. You like dishing crap out but whine when exposed in a mild way using facts – toughen up.

😳 🤔 💪 👍

2. Hilarious, you are admitting that Whaleoil has become click bait for YourNZ. Love us or hate us anything about us gets bums on seats. Battle on Spittlebug we are happy to feed your obsession.

• Bill Brown

/  June 13, 2017

Yes I’ve thought it’s a click bait site to of late!

Well you know what they say…. only one thing worse than being talked about and that’s not being talked about !

Still thank god he’s not talking about Lynn Prentice 😉

• Prentice hardly posts so there’s nothing to post about. Odd that you should mention him when he has nothing to do with this post.

I guess I could design the site and post in order to discourage any clicks, but that would be silly, wouldn’t it. What site doesn’t want someone to read it?

Team will have to think of another way to discourage me from posting like them – try not writing made up crap.

• Conspiratoor

/  June 13, 2017

Correct me if im wrong but I presume the first word of your last para is ‘They’.

‘Discourage’ you? I think you miss sb’s point. Au contraire they enjoy the attention you bring to their site

• The degree of personal attacks and threats and diversions and trying to attack the messenger suggest otherwise.

• Conspiratoor

/  June 14, 2017

Fairy nuff. I see some name calling and diversion masquerading as humour …but no threats. At least publicly

• It’s hardly masquerading as humour. I see whining and attacking the messenger, which suggests to me they don’t like the message that exposes what they have tried to do in their ACT attack.

I don’t know who wrote the ‘reader’ emails to Seymour (nor other emails used to base posts on attacking National in the recent past) but they certainly look suspiciously like set ups from the WO crew to me.

I think there tactics and methods are fairly well known now.

• PDB

/  June 13, 2017

If only your posts on Winnyoil were as short and to the point as that comment SB……

/  June 13, 2017

• “Hilarious, you are admitting that Whaleoil has become click bait for YourNZ. ”

Hilarious that you make a false claim like that. I didn’t admit anything like that.

You seem to presume that others operate like you do, but it works quite differently here. Sites like WO and the Herald may post a heap of irrelevant trivia to attract clicks because your income relies on clicks. You also seem to design your site more for multiple clicks rather than usability.

I don’t care about clicks because I don’t seek advertising revenue and I don’t care about numbers for bragging.

“Battle on Spittlebug we are happy to feed your obsession.”

There’s the lame ‘obsession’ claim again, there are a few people who keep claiming that. It isn’t very successful, is it. Your response suggests you are a tad sensitive to your bull being pointed out.

Petty name calling is not welcome here, but I sometimes leave it, especially if aimed at me, to show what some stoop to.

/  June 13, 2017

SB is flattering herself if she thinks that the two of them are interesting enough to be anyone’s obsession except their own.

• patupaiarehe

/  June 13, 2017

I did have a little chuckle to myself Kitty, about how quick SB was to utilize her right of reply. Surely she doesn’t check this ‘tumbleweed blog’ obsessively herself? My guess is that her ‘ears were burning’, and she figured Pete was the most likely suspect… 😀

• patupaiarehe

/  June 13, 2017

Upon reviewing ‘the ticks’, I have reason to suspect, that my guess may have been incorrect 😀
            A wise old tradesman, who I worked with as an apprentice, told me that “The guys who dish out the most shit, can handle the least of it back”. Once again, he has been proven correct 😛

• patupaiarehe

/  June 13, 2017

Lets be fair to ‘the whalers’, and give credit where it is due. I take a look there at least once a day, if only for the very entertaining ‘daily roundup’. I also view content on their site, that relates to posts here. And although I’ll never pay to view WO, I switch my ‘adblocker’ off while I’m there. It seems only fair, to let google pay my subscription for me. The google ads for muslim brides, at the bottom of yet another ‘evil muzzie’ post, add a hilariously brilliant irony to the whole experience….

/  June 13, 2017

You are almost as famous as your husband. ..hope that is not a problem.

3. Duperez

/  June 13, 2017

1. I don’t click on something just because it’s WO.
    2. Sometimes it’s best to treat crap with ignore – attention = oxygen
    3. Sometimes it’s best for the Empire to Strike Back just by highlighting bullshit and/or outrageous vacuous emotional nonsense.

4. Conspiratoor

/  June 13, 2017

Your appeal for civil discussion would appear to be falling on deaf ears when it comes to WO posts pg. It would seem you are the only one preoccupied with facts. Posts on WO hypocrisy and errors of fact tend to get swamped in a fog of childish rants and silly videos, this post no exception. All shits and giggles but I would be more concerned about the outbreak of myrtle rust in the BOP?

5. Kitty Catkin

Cami and Winston-whine and cheese ! 😀 😀 😀

6. Also relevant here:

Albert again: due to the content of your comment, due to the apparent threats against me and others who have commented here, and due to you posting from the same IP as ‘spanish bride’, you don’t qualify for free speech here.

The irony and hypocrisy in what you suggest is noticeable, but you may be oblivious to that.

/  June 14, 2017

Blimey. Even more sand. WTF?

8. Whaleoil is New Zealand’s version of Little Green Football’s. Both run by erratic nutcases who expend acres of vitriol on one viewpoint, only [deleted inappropriate reference – PG] and instantly change ideology the next day. Hence the change on NZ First. I wonder if Slater will follow Charles Johnson and start scrubbing clean his past posting history?