Open Forum – Tuesday

25 July 2017

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you.

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts.

Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts.Comments from other forums can be repeated here, cut and paste is fine.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.

FIRST TIME COMMENTERS: Due to abuse by a few first comments under any ID will park in moderation until released (as soon as possible but it can sometimes take a while).

Sometimes comments will go into moderation or spam automatically due to mistyped ID, too many links (>4), or trigger text or other at risk criteria.

Free speech is an important principle here but some people who might pose a risk to the site will have to keep going through moderation due to abuses by a small number of malicious people.

A wide variety of topics and views are encouraged and welcomed, but some topics and some extremes may not be appropriate nor allowed.

1. lurcher1948

/  July 25, 2017

Todd Barclay has turned up to work today at long last,he was caught sneaking through the rear entrance.Good one Todd now all you have to do is get caught working…

/  July 25, 2017

All he has to do is vote, when required. He’s down on the floor. He’s finished Lurchy. No need to kick him in the head.

• Plus he’s a child. One that touts tobacco, but a mere babe in arms

• lurcher1948

Who gets given $170000 for being in a national MP,work optional

/  July 25, 2017

The only answer I think of to that question, the way it’s worded, is so smutty it would never survive a cull.

/  July 25, 2017

FROM:THE DESK OF THE VICE PRESIDENT.
    SPANISH LOTTERY AWARD.
    INTERNATIONAL PROMOTIONS/PRIZE AWARD DEPT.
    CALLE PIVON Y SANCHEZ NO 8 2B.
    28014, MADRID, SPAIN.
    ————————————-

Fantastic news everybody ! In an email from this chap to me!

I’ve been approved for a payout of € 1,000,000 (One Million Euros) ❗️🤗

Now that doesn’t happen often! I don’t recall buying a ticket, 🤔 but I suppose Svetlana might have bought one for me, by way of atonement. ❤️

• Want to depress yourself. Try reading the daily blog on Metiria. Please. The moral subjectivity, with, of course, no contributive dissension tolerated is too much to stomach.

Bomber and friends. Metiria quietly going to the IRD/WINZ several years ago when she was earning a wage most can only dream of would have had some honour and earned a modicum of respect. There’s nothing remotely martyr-like when someone confesses merely as a political stunt, some 20+ years after the fraud.

This woman has earned literally millions since then and she’s also had considerable support from both the unwitting taxpayer, her family, the numpty of a father and his family.

She’s quite the worst of a criminal to my mind. She displays little regret, no guilt, no remorse and she rationalises her theft by claiming unique circumstances. I’m not seeing a loaf of bread and starving kids, I’m seeing a McGillicuddy Serious candidate, a Larper, a student doing it all on the backs of hard working, hard done by neighbours.

I hope IRD takes her to the cleaners and does the same to the father as an example.

More of her arch hypocrisy. Full of ethics and Parliamentary standards here.

/  July 25, 2017

I’m tuff as, you know that, trav – but I dunno if I can take much more of this. 😳

I feel like I’m overdosing on hypocrisy every day these days. 😬

It’s not my fault! Ya can’t get away from it. It’s bloody everywhere you look! 😠

And I swear it’s a lot stronger than it used to be when I was younger! 😮

/  July 25, 2017

Read Dickens. He does hypocrites superbly-so does Trollope.

/  July 25, 2017

Haven’t got time I’m afraid. I can barely keep up with PG, trav & Sir Alan’s stuff today.

/  July 25, 2017

Global warming hitting the south hard:

• PDB

/  July 25, 2017

As you well know Alan, climate change covers all possibilities and can never be wrong……..

4. lurcher1948

/  July 25, 2017

David Farrars cranking up the “WE NEED IMPORTED SLAVE LABOURS FOR NZ TO SURVIVE” national policy, you cannot get enough Mongolian KIWIBLOG survey workers Bill let those kiwiblog workers in.
    .http://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2017/07/the_consequences_of_immigration_restrictions.html

• I’d rather you peppered your posts with just a wee bit more L/W slogans. 😀

Think you can manage it lurch!!

/  July 25, 2017

How many police are there in Dunedin ? Human error and human nature are found everywhere.

/  July 25, 2017

I really don’t know anywhere else with as many major cock-ups as Dunedin police seem regularly to produce.

/  July 25, 2017

Might be doing too much recruiting from the local gene pool? It’s a reasonably small community …

Well, that was nice. 💝

After complimenting a supervisor of the local local owner operator New world supermarket on her typical usual courtesy & friendliness yesterday, I sent the following feedback to the store via their website.

I’d just like to say what a fantastic team the staff at New World *North Welly* are. I shop there often. In fact I shop there nearly always, even when I see a product that might be a few pfennigs cheaper at a competitor supermarket. It’s because I find the service & the staff at *North Welly* New World so good. The staff seem to be ALL invariably polite, courteous, efficient, helpful & genuinely friendly in their interactions with me & other customers. You are getting it absolutely right, in my opinion. Keep up the good work.

Last night I got a nice email from the owner informing me the staff were thrilled with that feedback, because customers only usually give them feedback when there is a problem that needs sorting out.

This afternoon, my doorbell rang & the supervisor was there, still in her uniform, on her way home, with a Thank You card with a lovely handwritten message to that effect, in copperplate writing, from all the team at the supermarket, a Whittakers Destination Canada, Caramelised Pecans, Waffle and Canadian Maple Syrup chocolate bar – so I know the lovely young lady who chose that, & God I wish I was 40 years younger & single – and a $25 gift voucher.

I didn’t want or expect a reward, & was even a little embarrassed at first. But if that prompts any of you to think to genuinely compliment anyone who gives you good service of the type I describe above, I hope that you will. It sounds like it’s pretty rare.

• PDB

/  July 25, 2017

As a dedicated left-winger I can only suggest they are trying to kill you: http://www.actiononsugar.org/

/  July 25, 2017

lf I was much much younger, they’d sent “Canada”, & she didn’t have to hurry on home, mate, I tell ya – I’m pretty sure I’d die happy!

• Do you do this sort of thing often?

Seriously, good on you – it’s a pity we all weren’t moved to such graciousness a bit more often.

/  July 25, 2017

Yes, I do. I complain rarely, suggest often, & compliment frequently.

/  July 25, 2017

Actually, on that subject trav. There was a follow up, when I realised there is a problem that needs addressing there. Names edited to protect the innocent :

“From: Big Guy

Thanks Gezza

We are working directly with our Asset Manager from Foodstuffs North Island to have these remedied.

Indeed the Car Park is in fact Council land, however good things do take time as it would seem, so we are getting these repaired ourselves.

Again, thanks so much for the kind and positive words, it truly does mean a lot.

Marie Antoinette De Boop Boop will pop a little something into your letter box later today.

Regards,

Big Guy
        Owner / Operator
         ……………
        From: Gezza

Sent: Monday, 24 July 2017 10:25 p.m.

To: Big Guy

Subject: Re: New World Online Enquiry

Big Guy, I will add, just in this separate email because I don’t want it to detract from my compliment to the staff & management of your store, that the holes in the surface on both sides of the NW carpark area are getting pretty bad.

In my opinion they are reaching the width & depth of a safety hazard, because of the risk of:
        1. Somebody perhaps distracted walking into one and having a bad fall, and
        2. Somebody getting hurt or their car dinged by a person entering or exiting the car park & swerving to go around the holes, which are now big enuf for me to try & avoid in my car.

I mentioned them to Nigella recently. I understand they may actually be a Council responsibility. If they are, I think the Council should be informed they are now a health & safety risk to the public.

Regards
        Yaw bro
        Gez”

/  July 25, 2017

The folk in that store are so nice, trav, that, once, a friend of mine who’d had a bad week at work stuffed up something at the automatic checkout & was so exasperated she snapped at them! When we got outside, I said that they had done nothing to deserve that, & suggested that she really ought to back & apologise. And she did!

They were all very sorry to hear she’d had a bad week, told her that was all right, that that happened to them sometimes too, and when she came back out again the smile on her face was every bit as wide as the ones now on theirs.

Good stuff, G.

As someone said to me once after I returned a favour: “What goes around comes around, but I didn’t expect it so soon!”

• Missy

/  July 27, 2017

That is lovely G.

I used to work in hospitality & Customer Service, I always compliment great service, I view it that if you are willing to complain you also have to be willing to compliment.

I did that once at a Welly New World, I didn’t write I just spoke to the manager, but there were two young guys who were so great – even to the point of checking they had evenly distributed the weight in my shopping bags since I was walking. When I spoke to the Manager he was quite surprised when I told him that they were the best checkout operator / packer I had encountered. They didn’t give me chocolates though, but knowing that I (hopefully) gave the guys a good feeling knowing they were doing their job well is enough for me.

7. lurcher1948

This is for you corky

8. Fox and friends go to bat for Kushner/ Trump Jnr

“After the election and before President Trump took office, Kushner received over 50 contacts with people from more than 15 countries while he was acting on behalf of the president-elect. Previous entering presidents and their transition teams have engaged in similar contacts and conversations.

According to Kushner’s public statement, he met with the Russian ambassador, Sergey Kislyak, to discuss improved relations and “to address U.S. policy in Syria.” Later, Kushner met with a Russian banker, Sergey Gorkov, “who could give insight into how President Putin was viewing the new administration and best ways to work together.” Exactly how are those meetings counterproductive, uncommon or illegal? They are not.

I spoke with Professor W. David Clinton, Chairman of the Political Science Department at Baylor University, who co-authored the seminal book, “Presidential Transitions and American Foreign Policy.” Having read Kushner’s statement, the professor remarked that he found nothing wrong with these meetings. He pointed out that it is the very same practice employed by other presidential transitions:”

9. lurcher1948

FOR YOU GEZZA

/  July 26, 2017

Now you’re just bein awful to me Lurchy.

You know perfectly well I’ve got 3 pukekos who can whine & screech more tunefully than that dude. And after all these bloody years he should be capable of better guitar-playing than he ever manages. I can only assume heavy drug use has blurred his talent boundaries.

10. lurcher1948

/  July 25, 2017

This is for PG our host, i don’t know your taste in music but i hope she is acceptable…

• Ok but not really my sort of thing. I preferred Roadhouse Blues. I used to love playing bass on that.

/  July 25, 2017

And this is for c, if he’s cruisin by & there’s room on the back …

11. lurcher1948

/  July 25, 2017

Hell you wont like this but damn she has a great voice….dead but not forgotten

12. lurcher1948

Winston Peters and bill english being bill english so SAD

/  July 25, 2017

Fuk Winston’s a moron, Lurch. Thanks for letting me see that.

• lurcher1948

/  July 25, 2017

If it makes you happy enjoy G,billies as thick.you get what you vote for

/  July 25, 2017

Questions may be asked of Government Ministers in the House if they pertain to their Miniterial responsibilities, Lurchy. Those idiotic questions do not have anything to do with Nodding Billy’s Ministerial responsibilities. Because they are idiotic, you need to work out what that makes the asker.

(Best regards to the Mrs, btw. Hope she’s fully recovered & happily chasing you out of the house with jobs to keep ya out from under her feet.)

/  July 25, 2017

Pub – Stratford way. The pollies have just left for Marton.

Ken: So whadidya think of Winston then, Ken?
    Ken: He’s a character, Ken. Ya gotta larf. Wouldn’t vote for him tho. Puttin a loose dog amongst the sheep there.
    Ken: Yep. Dog amongst the sheep.

Ken: So, ah , whadidya think of Andy then, Ken?
    Ken: Few sheep short in the top paddock, Ken. No idea where he’d end us up.
    Ken: Ah, yep. Sheep short.

Ken: Metiria?
    Ken: Garn, Ken. Don’t even go there!
    Ken. Yep. No go, Ken.

Ken: So what’d ya think of Bill? Didn’t say much.
    Ken: Yep. Didn’t say much. Dry as a bone, too, Ken.
    Ken: Top bloke, then?
    Ken: Top bloke Ken. He’s ya man.

• lurcher1948

/  July 25, 2017

Martons my home town Gezza with the gorge closed and nodding Billy not having any ideas tell him not to give Marton some deep southern wit in high street or Rangitiki College

I didn’t realise Marton’s your turangawaewae Lurchy. Good on ya mate. 👍🏼
        Taranaki boy, meself.

I still reckon Bill would do ok. He’d front up. I reckon most Martonites would at least respect that. Politics changes a man, or a woman – over time. 6 – or at most 9 years – should probably be their max. And a ban on lobbying, after departure, for 6 years, would do no harm.

/  July 26, 2017

PS: Who better than a local? What’s your idea for The Gorge, Lurch (God that used to be a stunningly beautiful drive ), & how much would it cost?

/  July 26, 2017

C’mon Lurch. Front up. I seen that landslide, & the landscape, from the air, on telly mate. It’s permanently dangerous now, bro, is The Gorge. Ya can’t just bitch at Nodding Billy for that. Not good enuf.

What’s your solution? What’s the cost? Which Party is onto it & gonna fix it? And is it going to have to come at the cost of diverting some other intended & planned expenditure, or is someone going to have to be taxed more to cover it?

/  July 26, 2017

Had breakfast with a friend just back from a trip to Canada and Alaska. He was talking about the huge slips on the roads and railways through the mountain country that the Canadians clear in two days. Here they would still be filling in paper work six months later.

/  July 26, 2017

The problem now, Alan, from the reporting I’ve seen & the comments by an engineer, a geologist, & Simon The Robot, is that the hillside(s) are now geologically unstable & the feasiblity & meeting the cost of trying to stabilize it all & keep road passable appears not only not impossible, long term, but it’s dangerous for the workers as well as the motorists. An alternative route or an expensive tunnel are looking like they might be the only long-term alternatives. A great pity, it’s an awesome drive. But shit happens. I hope to do the steam train day trip on the other side sometime, if I can pick up a decent sheila for company.

/  July 26, 2017

The friend runs a building company. Says the Canadians just blast the mountain to pieces until it can’t cause trouble. None of this trucking bucket loads away for six months or more.

/  July 26, 2017

It’s the North American way! But we have to Save The Snails!

You’ll like this Al. Told ma about the NW gift voucher n stuff. She wants to marry me off. We were talking about how nice the staff are, & I mentioned the older Maori lady who started recently on the Express Counter who I often chat to & have a laff with as she dies the bizzo & packs me stuff. I said it was a pity she’s bound to be taken cos I could really go for her.

Ma said, “she’s too old for you!”. I replied,”she’s bloody not, ma! She’s a stunner, looks, figure & personality. I’d bloody kidnap her if I could get away with it & she didn’t mind!”

/  July 26, 2017

How does Ma know she’s too old, G? Suggest you elope to the delicatessen section together.

/  July 26, 2017

I don’t care what age she is, Al. She’s beautiful. Looks & manner. must look & see if there’s ring, but none doesn’t mean they’re not taken. Would hate to blunder there! They all bloody know me, & they sure will now – that chocolate was specifically selected by a young Canadian lass, who loves me calling her Canada, because I asked if she did – she gets me “stuff” behind ma’s back if ma happens to be with me. A few of them do that for me! I’m feeling a bit nervous about going in there now.

• Pickled Possum

Jez Gez Take A Chance Bro
              Yew only live Once 😀

/  July 26, 2017

Nah, fuk. Ya know I luv ya like a sista, Possers, ❤️ but I know how to read the eyes, & I’m not getting it. I suppose I could chuck a guitar over me shoulder 🎸 & see what happens, but I don’t want to bugger it up with all me other girlfriends there if it’s not gonna happen. 😬 😀