Open Forum – Thursday

27 July 2017

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you.

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts.

Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts.Comments from other forums can be repeated here, cut and paste is fine.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.

FIRST TIME COMMENTERS: Due to abuse by a few first comments under any ID will park in moderation until released (as soon as possible but it can sometimes take a while).

Sometimes comments will go into moderation or spam automatically due to mistyped ID, too many links (>4), or trigger text or other at risk criteria.

Free speech is an important principle here but some people who might pose a risk to the site will have to keep going through moderation due to abuses by a small number of malicious people.

A wide variety of topics and views are encouraged and welcomed, but some topics and some extremes may not be appropriate nor allowed.

1. Kevin

/  July 27, 2017

Synthetic cannabis: UK follows NZ and surprise, surprise, ends up with the same problem:

Quote:

You don’t need a PhD in the history of alcohol Prohibition to realise that banning drugs doesn’t have a great record. So when we warned the government banning ‘Spice’ (now a catch-all for ‘synthetic cannabinoids’) and other so-called ‘legal highs’, would gift the market to criminals, make drugs stronger and more dangerous, and harm not protect people, it was we thought, stating the obvious. Especially as we saw precisely that happen in Ireland and Poland after similar bans.

And the ‘Psychoactive Substances Act’ has done all those things – just look at places like Wrexham and Manchester where the homeless are suffering in particular – as well as the crisis in our prisons. The comparatively weaker ‘Spice’ variants have vanished from the market, leaving only those far more potent and toxic than cannabis, widely associated with dependence, seizures and death. Recently, this reached a new high with pure Spice crystals found in Manchester poisoning people who mistook them for MDMA. And prices may have gone up, but not enough to prevent ‘Spice’ being widely available and used.

End quote.

2. Corky

CORKY IS DEALT TO.

On Sunday past I had dealings with a surly and quite unpleasant, Gezza. He had taken exception to me calling him out as a Socialist. In true socialist fashion I received a warning of dire consequences should I follow through with my plan to punish him and bring him down a peg or two for his intransigence..Lol.

So come Monday morning, after a marvellous organic breakfast, I sparked up the computer to take our resident Gadfly poster down a peg or two. It shouldn’t be hard I thought. After all a European guy, voting for the Maori Party and still claiming not to be a socialist would have to braid together some disparate arguments.

So I navigated to the Your New Zealand link, clicked on and was rewarded with a blue screen with squiggly lines through it. Long story short, many of. my systems files had been corrupted. That was my computer gone for two days….and my credit card given a serious workout.

So Gezza and one, Alan Wilkinson, a usually staid and humourless poster, who suddenly found his funny late at night and was still cracking jokes the next day missed out on a good serve.

When I got my computer back I couldn’t be bothered pursuing the matter.

MY POINT?

I stated before around election time posters, trolls and political activists lose their heads. Madness ensues as they either rush around like headless chooks, or become feral.

All Righties must be aware of this phenomenon and be careful who they engage.If it looks feral chances are it is feral.

Morning Corks.
      I’m not a socialist.
      I’m not a vindictive person.
      I still actually rather like you.
      And I mean that.
      And I don’t think you can understand that.
      And even if you now hate me, & you can’t understand that, it doesn’t change that.

• So that liberal SJW Gezza hacked you? I’m guessing he employed his mates from Qatar to take you down. You’re warned Corky.

Merdre.

/  July 27, 2017

I couldn’t open World Watch yesterday. It just kept crashing iPad chrome. I wondered if someone nasty had hacked me! 😮

/  July 27, 2017

Sure. Ya are a luv, trav ❤️ . Kenya? Not Uganda. Not till you’re over the flu, tho.

/  July 27, 2017

😀 Yeah I do use it, & the FiP defaults to it to open web stuff.
              I just prefer Chrome cos I’m used to it & I like its features. Oddly, it was only that page, and it kept crashing trying to load an image you posted in the first comment there.

• Nail on head actually. Going to Namibia in September.

Chose your moniker well.

/  July 27, 2017

That’s funny, trav. We are going to Cape Town then. (Assuming our visas ever arrive!)

/  July 27, 2017

Just because you think I’m humourless doesn’t mean it’s true, Corky. It possibly means you have entirely missed its point sometimes including this one. The target was actually Gezza, not you.

/  July 27, 2017

I knew that. You were defending Corks. The black knight was supposed to be me. I was just too quick for you. There’s nothing anyone here can say that will hurt me. My ego will defend itself if it’s attacked. Very well. But I am more than my ego. The only person who can ever hurt me, is me. And I don’t do that any more.

/  July 27, 2017

I knew you knew. And I was pulling your leg, not attacking you.

Wow, we have some mighty thunder and torrential rain right now.

/  July 27, 2017

Yup. There’s a bit of thunder at the top of this thread. Been raining here quite heavily since last nite, but stopped now. Got chilly tho. I blame the government.

/  July 27, 2017

PS: I still won the knight one. You’ll just never admit it. Your Mrs knows.

/  July 27, 2017

Nah, it was a desperate swipe in the air as your arm came off. I just left you there because I was sorry for you.

/  July 27, 2017

Pathetic. Embarrassing to even read that rot. Put your good lady on.

/  July 27, 2017

Can’t. She’s hibernating. The cloudburst has stopped and the birds are twittering around the seed feeder. Time for a cuppa.

• Conspiratoor

/  July 27, 2017

I’m not sure if this is helpful brother but I remarked at the time I thought you and G were engaged in a pissing contest. He rather wittily replied “Corks *wins* then. I’m pissing meself”. Notwithstanding he does appear to have forgiven you. Cheers,c

/  July 27, 2017

I have had problems in the past with YNZ being unavailable or whatever it says-so just go to another YNZ and open whatever it was that way.

I don’t think that anyone’s doing it to me !

/  July 27, 2017

It’s ‘merde’, not ‘merdre’.Merdre n’est pas un mot.

3. Corky

/  July 27, 2017

Here’s a question. How would these people react should all public utilities be down for say, 6 months? Preppers prepare for such situations, so should you. When things get desperate people don’t ask, they take.

/  July 27, 2017

I don’t see that anyone could do very much if the phone, power, petrol and the rest were down for six months. There is no way that anyone could prepare for that-what do you suggest that they do ? One can’t store electricity or phonecalls, and few people could have enough water and food for six months.

4. “New Zealanders love to celebrate success when it comes to sport.

Business, not so much.”

Read more: https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/nbr-rich-list-backlash-ck

“Rich Listers like Rod Drury, Ian McCrae, Brendan Lindsay and the McPhail family (to name just a handful) have created thousands of jobs in areas from software to manufacturing to horticulture.

New entrants like Chris Heaslip and Eliot Crowther (Pushpay) and Murray Holdaway (Vista) have created weightless exports in whole new markets, bringing in export receipts and high-value employment.

And the likes of Sir Stephen Tindall, Sam Morgan and John Holdsworth are prolific investors in startups, helping to create new companies or even new sectors of the country’s economy.

Apparently there has been a lot of SM noise over the rich list. More than the usual Twitterati wailing I hear.

” When Mark Dunajtschik put a whole pile of money up to build a new hospital for Wellington, you still had the Twitter left railing against the fact he had that wealth to spend in the first place – and that it should have been taxed away from him so the government could have built the hospital.

He adds, “It’s impossible to satisfy some of these critics. They have no understanding of the process by which wealth is created, no understanding that creating value for consumers is what allows you to build that wealth. They don’t appreciate the market process that underlies that; they think it can all be done by government redistribution instead. And when you build an economy on that kind of a basis, you wind up in terrible situations.”

Unbelievable bollix and ignorance.

/  July 27, 2017

I’m surprised you are still surprised, Traveller. Socialist can’t get their head around the fact wealth is created. They think there is some mythical money pie and to get their fair share of said pie they must demand a bigger slice. That comes about by making sure the wealthy have their slices trimmed.

• I blame an appalling socialist framing of society. When you have ignorant journalists in the MSM who got As sucking up to lecturers who may as well have come direct from PRAVDA – what can we expect.

I admire these guys.

/  July 27, 2017

”No surprise Nicky Hager’s sister, Mandie, re-tweeted it was the “list of shame.”

5. lurcher1948

/  July 27, 2017

This from a POTUS too scared to go into the military, he had bone spurs???WTF just saying

/  July 27, 2017

Think it through, Lurchy. You may surprise yourself.

• lurcher1948

/  July 27, 2017

You seem to be a Republican brown nose corky, keep beating your drum corky SAD

/  July 27, 2017

”keep beating your drum corky SAD.”

Geez, I miss read your post. I thought you said ”keep beating your meat.” Sorry to say, I always expect gutter posts with double meanings from Lefties, Lurchy.

/  July 27, 2017

I can’t see what the problem is with trans people in the military-how are they costing money ? It’s impossible to believe that the military pays for all the treatment, and if a trans person has already changed before they enlist, who cares what their plumbing used to be ?

That misreading says more about Corks than it does about Lurch.

/  July 27, 2017

Groan..where’s Gareth Morgan when you need him.

/  July 27, 2017

Where is Gareth Morgan when you need him?

6. sorethumb

UN makes app to :
    The Youth Resource Kit App will be available in real time application for android and iOS platforms and serve as a collective voice for the Youth. The App will be a platform to celebrate, promote and publicise the contributions made by ethnic migrant and refugee youth to New Zealand society. We envisage, just like 2012 Youth Resource Kit, this App will be an ideal resource for NGOs and Government agencies to share information and pass social messages.

7. lurcher1948

/  July 27, 2017

Corky you must feel good for Todd Barclay,NewstalkZB said this bludging MP will walk away with $400000 YES THATS $400000, damn good money for doing nothing and being a capitalist dole bludger PAYS AND YOU PAY AND PAY corky me i dont care im on a pensioner.

/  July 27, 2017

I see your point, Lurchy. These Tories need to learn to be like Labour politicians and refuse to take their pay checks.

/  July 27, 2017

i dont care im on a pensioner.

🤔 Reading that, and the foregoing sentences, Lurch mate – I’m not entirely sure what you mean by “on a pensioner”, but I wonder if you should maybe get off the pensioner before typing anything else? 😳

/  July 27, 2017

Anyone who thinks that MPs do nothing is a dreamer and might be very surprised to learn what the job actually entails.

Pay checks ? Do you mean pay cheques ? Many MPs across the board don’t refuse to take their pay-they can’t-but they do donate it. No MP could refuse to be paid, they have no choice.There were very good reasons historically for having paid MPs. But they can, and in many cases do, give it away.

/  July 27, 2017

”Pay checks ? Do you mean pay cheques ? ” Yes, I wanted to see if it would make you nauseous…Lol.

/  July 28, 2017

No, it did not make me nausesous or even nauseated, it just made me think that you couldn’t spell the word cheque or know its meaning.

8. lurcher1948

/  July 27, 2017

Corky this trasgender is a hero, a retired skilled navy seal and a patriot, the POTUS managed through having money didnt need to defend the USA, he had a sore toe nail,/bone spur…

0 0 Rate This

/  July 27, 2017

Thing is, son. He was a dude when he was a Seal. Now imagine if he was a transgender and he had to waterboard a Muslim. They would find him offensive…..hold on, I see your point.
      Lurchy, you are a genius. I’ll ring Trumpy and get this sorted.

0 0 Rate This:

10/10

• lurcher1948

/  July 27, 2017

Corky holes can become deep when you start digging

/  July 27, 2017

I rated you 10/10. What more do you want? If you want riddles, and people talking to themselves, go up this thread a little.

/  July 27, 2017

Waterboarding is illegal, I think.

This woman is a woman, so she is called she-women are.

/  July 27, 2017

Water boarding saves your fur and our western lifestyle every day. Don’t ever forget that.

9. lurcher1948

/  July 27, 2017

Corky STOP looking at yourself in a mirror,the worlds moved on,……….but you wont

/  July 27, 2017

Cool. The kitten has arrived. Always enjoy watching her progress thru the threads if I’m around at the time.

11. Corky

/  July 27, 2017

Trey Gowdy adds another head to his trophy room. This good ol’ boy knows how to stuff liberals up. I wonder what he packs?

12. Corky

/  July 27, 2017

The aliens are massing around Neptune before their final assault on earth.

At 1.25. Why isn’t this on the news? Duh…stupid question. I withdraw.

13. lurcher1948

/  July 27, 2017

Hi GEZZA hows the weather treating you in your part of Wellington

/  July 27, 2017

Rain, most the morning Lurch. Heavy at times. Started in the wee small hours. Been just damp & overcast from I guess about 1pm though. You?

/  July 27, 2017

It was fine and warm here until mid-afternoon when it began drizzling. I had a nice time taking some little branches across the road to the gully, moving the old enamel sink that my parsley grows in and doing a few other such things before the rain spoiled the fun.

• Conspiratoor

/  July 27, 2017

I would be interested to know what you think put them out of business lurch. On a related matter why is Fletcher Building suddenly struggling to compete?

/  July 27, 2017

Tangent: On an unrelated matter, weren’t you going to post a pic of you in your Darth Vader suit or something like that ? 😈

• Conspiratoor

/  July 27, 2017

Incorrect. I agreed to post a pic of my vehicular transport as I glamp my way up the Klondike highway.

/  July 27, 2017

Ah, yes. So I wasn’t all that far out then?

• Conspiratoor

/  July 27, 2017

You were so far out my dear old thing I feel compelled to withdraw my offer

Pussy.
              (No offence)

• Conspiratoor

Scatologist

• Conspiratoor

👍🏼 Basically it’s a ‘skinny as’ sports car missing two wheels, yes? 😳

Scatologist

Sacre bleu! 😮 Cochon! 😡

• Conspiratoor

/  July 27, 2017

Let me paint a picture with words G. The gauge nudges 120 deg F as the arrow straight black asphalt stretches over the horizon. The big harley rests easily on the ton, 5 mph more and she will start to shake. Four 80 watt harmon kardons cranked to the max, belting out the blues brothers sweet home chicago. Love interest moving in perfect rhythm up in the bosuns chair. Suureality!

/  July 27, 2017

Righto. I’m back. Facetiming with the little tyke. The youngest bro – the tallest of we 3. Every now & then I have to remind him I don’t giv a fuk about the upcoming trial – if he doesn’t FT, I’ll bloody go there & VISIT THE FAMILY! And we all know how that’ll end!

🍀 ❤️ 👬 💪🏼💪🏼 😡 😡 🤕 🤕❗️🍀

Yup. I can see it c. An old Zen monk could see it. You have achieved Nivana. 😇

😡 2 more days & u mite even achieve NiRvana! 😀

/  July 27, 2017

Bill English is expected to be charged with a criminal offence over this closure.

14. sorethumb

/  July 27, 2017

Where did the policy of multiculturalism come from? Did an army of worried social workers
    develop it in the 1960s to soothe the problems of non-English-speaking immigrants?1
    Did their many colleagues in education conjure it up to lift the self-esteem of migrant school children?2 Did Whitlam give it to us?3 Did Grassby?4 Did we import it directly from Canada?5 Did migrants create it,6 and did they do so because the old Australia was intolerant and intolerable?7 Did multiculturalism have to happen because assimilation wasn’t working?8 Or did politicians invent it in order to capture the ethnic vote?9 All of these answers to the question have been proposed but none are adequate. Until now, however, there has been nothing else on offer.

Today we can do better because Australian multiculturalism has found its historian. His name is Mark Lopez and we haven’t heard the history he has to tell us before. It’s the story of how a tiny band of activists lobbied hard to establish multiculturalism, despite the fact that few of their compatriots––Australian-born or immigrant––wanted it ,and it’s an absorbing mixture of intrigue, idealism, opportunism, luck and bravado. Then when they had achieved their goals some of them went on to write their own histories of their accomplishment. But these histories do not tell us where multiculturalism came from because, dedicated and altruistic though many of them were, none wanted to tell the story as it really was. They wanted to present the history of multiculturalism as the triumph of good over evil, the evil of assimilationism and integrationism, and they wanted to obscure their own role in this triumph. (As activists the multicultural few had worked hard to represent themselves as a flock; as historians they continued this labour.)10

• sorethumb

/  July 27, 2017

Tail Wags Dog would be a great series for TV One-but TV One is in the tail…!?

15. lurcher1948

/  July 27, 2017

Enough depression posted PG,billys probably having a holiday where it’s dry and hot NOT WELLINGTON

/  July 27, 2017

A holiday when the election’s in September ? Highly likely-I don’t think.

16. sorethumb

/  July 27, 2017

10% of Christchurch’s infrastructure spending going on this gateway Arch.
    It’s all right when National does it.