Open Forum – Tuesday

1 August 2017

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you.

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts.

Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts.Comments from other forums can be repeated here, cut and paste is fine.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.

FIRST TIME COMMENTERS: Due to abuse by a few first comments under any ID will park in moderation until released (as soon as possible but it can sometimes take a while).

Sometimes comments will go into moderation or spam automatically due to mistyped ID, too many links (>4), or trigger text or other at risk criteria.

Free speech is an important principle here but some people who might pose a risk to the site will have to keep going through moderation due to abuses by a small number of malicious people.

A wide variety of topics and views are encouraged and welcomed, but some topics and some extremes may not be appropriate nor allowed.

1. Corky

/  August 1, 2017

Eee by gum lads…..we beat Jerry a few years back and we can do it again. Royal Britannia forever.

2. Corky

/  August 1, 2017

If Cindy is elected leader, this will be a test of voters IQ. Announcement soon.

/  August 1, 2017

JK Rowling showing her sleasy character. Accuses Trump of ignoring a disabled boy and when she finds she was wrong apologises to the boy but not Trump. Pathetically nasty, small-minged and bitchy. Won’t do her reputation any good.

/  August 1, 2017

How the heck did minged get in there?

/  August 1, 2017

I’m just gonna look it up. That rings bells. I have a feeling it’s likely to be typo Best Of The Day.

• lurcher1948

/  August 1, 2017

If i had her money and fame and you wrote that about me all i would just say is”tough who cares”

/  August 1, 2017

No, son. The rich don’t think like that. They say nothing while using their money to destroy you. They never think ”tough who cares.” Cripes, now we know Gezza ain’t rich from his post above.

• lurcher1948

/  August 1, 2017

Corky money isn’t everything but its better having it than NOT having it, but if it’s your life Corky you must be poor to ALLWAYS bring it up, Gezza and I have the readies DO YOU…yust asking

• lurcher1948

Jus, opps

/  August 1, 2017

Truthfully, no I don’t have the readies. My wealth is in assets. And servicing those assets takes most of my money.

/  August 1, 2017

I’m richer than you’ll ever be Corks, where it counts. Everybody knows that.

/  August 1, 2017

She likes to think she has influence, Lurch. That’s why she gets political. If people think she’s a creep they won’t respect her opinions and she will care about that.

4. Conspiratoor

/  August 1, 2017

The lunatics have just seized the asylum

/  August 1, 2017

Question Time in the House of Representatives in 4 minutes. Should be interesting…

6. lurcher1948

Dear LURCHER1948
    Today, I accepted the Labour Party Caucus’ unanimous nomination to become Leader. And Kelvin Davis accepted the unanimous nomination to become Deputy Leader.
    I wanted to let you know more about this decision, but first let me start by thanking Andrew Little who nominated me today. His announcement this morning and the situation we have found ourselves in is not what anyone expected or wanted. In my time working with Andrew, I know one thing to be true: he is first and foremost loyal to Labour. I thank him for the support he gave me and for his incredible work over the last few years.
    The circumstances may not be what Labour had planned for this campaign, but that has not weakened our resolve or focus. We are determined and steadfast. I consider myself incredibly lucky to now call myself Leader, and equally fortunate to work alongside someone as committed and talented as Kelvin Davis, and every Labour MP, supporter, member and volunteer.
    As a party, we have huge aspirations for New Zealand. A place where everyone has a roof over their head and decent work, where education is free and good ideas flourish, where children live surrounded by creativity, not poverty, and where we build a reputation as world leaders on environmental issues.
    At stake is the chance to build a New Zealand that is better than we found it. And to build a future to look forward to.
    We can build that future together. But to do that, we have to win the election in just 53 days.
    We need to urgently increase the scale of our campaign. We have a lot of campaigning to do in the next seven and a half weeks. I wholeheartedly believe we can win, but we can’t do it without your help.
    John, will you chip in to our campaign to win today?
    YES – I’LL CHIP IN NOW

I can’t, but I’ll volunteer
    I am privileged and honoured to be Leader of the Labour Party. I am looking forward to the challenge of the election campaign where I will get the opportunity to talk to New Zealanders about Labour’s plan for a better and fairer New Zealand. This is what Labour has always stood for and under my leadership, will continue to stand for and fight for.
    Thanks,
    Jacinda Ardern
    Labour Leader
    PS. My personal pledge is that not every email from me will ask for funds – but right now, needs must. Click here to chip in.

• Conspiratoor

/  August 1, 2017

Lurch, please tell me the last line is a piss take

Give ’em nuthin Lurchy!
      Just take it out of an ATM, piile it up on the back path, set light to it. You’ll get the same result.

/  August 1, 2017

You might be outing yourself in that screed, Lurch. Unless you nicked it out of your neighbour’s letterbox.

7. lurcher1948

/  August 1, 2017

If you feel like breaking into the Arrowtown police station, its closed permanently but there’s a nice LAPTOP left behind, always remember UNDER NATIONAL(NZ the way you Dont want it) Arrowtown the cops are a half hour away YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN thanks, billy English not spending money anywhere in NZ

8. Corky

/  August 1, 2017

He’s one for Cindy. These guys are grovers like you.

• pickled possum

/  August 1, 2017

That is a great song Ta … why do all the blokes look like Lionel Ritchie?

Same dad? 😳

• pickled possum

Same Dad HaHaaaa Well … may be … could be
          Listening to Cee Lo Green at Daryls House ….they got the vibes

/  August 1, 2017

One De La Soul member said the public never could get their heads around the fact there are middle-class black performers who aren’t gansta’s, who don’t pack, and don’t bash women or talk with ghetto slang. Strangely they all as you have noticed, look like Lionel.