Open Forum – Saturday

5 August 2017

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you.

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts.

Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts.Comments from other forums can be repeated here, cut and paste is fine.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.

FIRST TIME COMMENTERS: Due to abuse by a few first comments under any ID will park in moderation until released (as soon as possible but it can sometimes take a while).

Sometimes comments will go into moderation or spam automatically due to mistyped ID, too many links (>4), or trigger text or other at risk criteria.

Free speech is an important principle here but some people who might pose a risk to the site will have to keep going through moderation due to abuses by a small number of malicious people.

A wide variety of topics and views are encouraged and welcomed, but some topics and some extremes may not be appropriate nor allowed.

/  August 5, 2017

Stumbled on this one last nite, checking out Pink Floyd songs. This is just soo good, had to share:

/  August 5, 2017

Garner puts the case for the Labour coup being poll-generated panic. I doubt this now.

• PDB

/  August 5, 2017

Little was a fall-guy for Labour’s limp campaign effort as Matt McCarten was the fall-guy for the intern fiasco.

3. lurcher1948

/  August 5, 2017

David Farrar national are the leaders of rort.,they have years of practise …

/  August 5, 2017

Driving up the main drag on the way to visit dad two blokes were setting up one of these:

Not a bad slogan I thought but Jesus David’s smile looks dorky. You think they could’ve picked a better one than that. On the way back there was a veritable forest of blimmin campaign signs – but I couldn’t really see them all because I was travelling at 50 kmh & some kamikaze pilot right in front of me suddenly decided to do a 180 into the servo opposite, oblivious to the angry tooting of horns & waving fists from the shocked oncoming motorists.

Passed the house whose front lawn Greg OConnor’s sign up the other day. Someone had knocked it all down – sanapped off the wooden support frames & everything. 😬

• Pete Kane

/  August 5, 2017

By selling it to the Chinese??

/  August 5, 2017

Selling what? David’s smile, the ACT sign, the servo or the remnants of Greg’s sign? 😳

• Pete Kane

/  August 5, 2017

Your Ohariu Maori Party candidate had a good billboard.

/  August 5, 2017

I’ll have to check it out when I’m driving that way next. If it was in amongst that forest Mr Kamikaze’s high speed manoeuvre made me miss it.

• lurcher1948

/  August 5, 2017

The act leader is the theme of MAD MAGIZINE the idiot

5. Kitty Catkin

/  August 5, 2017

I was disappointed with The Project-needless to say that the story I wanted was last & I did wonder if I wanted to see it badly enough to sit through all the rambling. It was like being at the table with people who know each other but not you and occasionally smile in your direction while talking to each other. Too yawn-making.

Never again.

Those billboards are very heavy. Three of us re-erected an Act one when it blew down & it was as much as I could do to hold it steady while another person hammered the nails in. I hope that the one that Gezza saw busted was done so accidentally.

Mr Kamikaze has/had a relly here who used to pass everyone who had the gall to be ahead of his puce BMW-he would race past at ???kph-on the inside. The damned fool didn’t seem to realise that, as one instinctively swerves in that direction, if there was a collision he’d be squashed and not the other person. He probably has been. I nearly hit him twice and was with someone else who just missed Mr K.

6. lurcher1948

/  August 5, 2017

SPEED DOSNT KILL, go as fast as you can…
    STOPPING DOES

/  August 5, 2017

Drives like a young chap whose girlfriend’s father just found out she had him round while they were out & they used their bed.

7. Patzcuaro

/  August 5, 2017

It Is only a couple of weeks ago that the right was claiming loudly about how the MSM was not doing its job over Labour and it’s interns while hounding poor Barclay. It seems to me that the MSM has done a good job on Turei.

/  August 5, 2017

Yep. It’s working for Labour as usual. Greens are only useful as an assist.

8. lurcher1948

9. lurcher1948

10. lurcher1948

/  August 6, 2017

Went outside at midnight. Crisp. Thin high-atmospheric cloud – massive multi-coloured halo around the moon overhead. Stunning. Cost me nothing to see that. Awesome universe this. I want one of my own one day.

• Missy

/  August 6, 2017

Wow, how great. There are too many lights around where I am to properly appreciate the universe in all its glory, though I am hoping to get up to the Highlands for Christmas where I can (hopefully) experience that.

Nothing beats a crisp clear winter night.