General chat

“Is there any way we could have a thread for the more lightweight stuff like music and general chat?”

Try it here. Please no personal attacks or bickering. Anything abusive, provocative or inflammatory may be deleted.

/  August 30, 2017

[Not appropriate for general chat]

/  August 30, 2017

Aw, sorry PG. I just rechecked & read yaw 2nd para above. If this won ⬆️doesn’t survive

/  August 30, 2017

😡 * dratted on-screen keyboard !

cont’d … I will understand!

… And … bingo … noted! Yaw quick off the mark Boss. 👍🏼
            Ya a good dad!

• It didn’t survive, it wasn’t in the spirit of the intent of General Chat.

/  August 30, 2017

Crikey you’re fleet of foot this morning! See above.

• Good morning to both Head Prefect and the boy in the back row passing notes and chewing gum.

❤️ 👍🏼

/  August 30, 2017

Bingo, trav. I really did always sit in the back row, because that’s where all the fun came from.

/  August 30, 2017

We all got really adept at ducking the blackboard duster regularly thrown by one of our frequently exasperated teachers. 😈 I wonder what would happen to him these days? 😳

• Patu

/  August 30, 2017

Dammit, too late to be offended 😉

Ain’t karma a bitch.

• pickled possum

/  August 30, 2017

Sometimes karma comes dressed as a dog.

Ain’t karma a bitch.
              You shouldn’t have married her. Odds on she’d have stayed a nice person.

/  August 30, 2017

Funny sight of the century; a piece of chalk thrown and scoring a bullseye on the huge bubblegum bubble….result, pink goo splattered all over the blower’s face.

Erghhhhh….remember fingernails being dragged down blackboards ?

This was still being cast up decades later by my aunt.

Her first day at boarding school as a nervous 11 year old…

Master; Ah, R**** S*******-any relation to P** S******* ?

Aunt: Yes, sir, she’s my sister.

Master: Then come up and sit in the front row where I can keep an eye on you.

2. pickled possum

/  August 30, 2017

Has any one watched 10 Copper field Lane?

Looks interesting. Gonna watch it after the morning bread cooking.

• Did you get the video or are you streaming? Netflix doesn’t do Paramount anymore.

I prefer to watch them with another person. I’ve got nobody to watch scary movies with, since a son broke up with my sympatico scary movie watcher and nobody in family or close friends are in to them.

Tell us about it later. Popcorn?

3. Nat Geo birds.

/  August 30, 2017

Charlie the mallard drake has got so trusting & bold he just came up & insistently tapped my leg & foot to signal he deserved extra wheat. I popped a few grains in my palm, reached down to the ground, & he rewarded my by letting me stroke his chest, twice. That’s a first!
      I’ll post a pic of the cheeky little blighter when he does it again.

He got fed half an hour ago, but figured he was hard done-by because Bluebelle the pooky just got an individualised breakfast service – she gets her wheat in the flower box on my side of the fence, so the boyz don’t pester her for you-know-what when she simply just wants to have breakfast & is, like, over them!

• pickled possum

Loved it!!!!! So much … thank you
      the Everything is totally Amazing.
      much better that the scary one
      which I thought might have been on Netflix
      Not going buy it, where would I stream it from?
      I’m a movie streaming newbie

/  August 30, 2017

I was overcome when a waxeye let me hold her and stroke her. They are even more lovely close up, and their feathers are the softest thing imaginable.I took some photos to prove that it happened 🙂

/  August 30, 2017

If they’re on your phone or computer, did you know you can upload them to imgflip, create a jpg & post them here? I’d love to see the best one.

/  August 31, 2017

I never seem to succeed in posting photos. Tell me how it’s done-in words of one syllable 🙂

/  August 31, 2017

1. are they on your cellphone?
              2. have you transferred them to your computer?
              I’ll take it from here…

• How awesome was that experience. Love a photo. 🌷🌷🌷

/  August 31, 2017

The photos aren’t great as I was holding her with one hand-very gently, hardly ‘holding’ at all-and trying to take photos with the other.

4. pickled possum

Tokio Meyers has me mesmerised I miss my piano so much ;-(
    With Rag an Bone Man melody I’m only Human After All

5. duperez

/  August 30, 2017

absolutely super send up…don’t know whether the Gypsy and the Chunker….will be awefully…amused…..[deleted]

6. Mayer Hawthorne. I love this guy and his body of music.

There’s a proper music video, I like it but it’s a tad Gen Y Millenial for sensitive anti guns, gratuitous violence crowd.

• pickled possum

Terrible shooters
      Probably missed each other at the end
      Great song Great Singer Great video
      Love Him too!
      Relationships eh!
      Here he is at Daryl’s House

• LOL at relationships. My hubby says he LOVES “The Walk” but not the video. Explain as I did about the nature of relationships he looked blankly at me! I informed him I’d often felt like the video protagonists in this relationship. Totally went over his head. He seemed even less disinterested when I told him I had had many visions of how to deal to him similarly over the decades.

Nothing like a millennial throwback crooner! So glad you like him PP. One of my similarly eclectically musically kids introduced me to him.

“Mayer grew up just outside of Detroit in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and remembers, as a child, driving through the Motor City with his father and tuning the car radio I n to the region’s rich musical tapestry. He has produced music and played multiple instruments for much of his life and uses skills honed as a club DJ to create his own original dance floor fillers. Throughout the years he’s cited Soul legends Barry White and Curtis Mayfield as inspiration, along with late hip-hop producer J Dilla.”

His roots Motown and that comes through in this one. My equal fave song.

/  August 31, 2017

nice!The Curtis Mayfield influence is…strong.

• Good obs. Love me my Motown. Just been hammering Mavis Staple

Love the bass pattern in this wonderful song. Dare anyone not get moving to this.

“Aint no smiling faces – lyin’ to the races”