Forgetting the past

A sad reality of modern living:

1. Not just modern living PETE. It’s soothed many a generation before us. I try never to “need” a drink, but there are times even it is welcome and comforting. Hic.

• I don’t drink at all-I couldn’t tell you when I last had one. I used to like things like Lion Ice, but can live without them. I do love those ‘coffee sticks’, especially Nestles which have enough froth to make it worth eating it with a teaspoon (yes, I know that that’s probably very non-U)

I am never where alcohol is, now. being a widow (no social life) But if I win Lotto, I will have some real champagne, and if I have a migraine, will offer the doctor a large sum to come and cure it.

• Sighhhhh…..I had some Whittaker’s really dark choccy and the result was a migraine…but it was almost worth it.

Lack of sleep + too much chocolate = migraine, and
          Lack of sleep + alcohol = migraine, and
          Too much Chocolate + alcohol = migraine
          in this whare.

/  October 15, 2017

Very dark choccy=migraines, and, of course, I love very dark choccy. The Whittakers was one of their gourmet ones and an iressistable invitation to vulgar greed.

Whittakers can give Lindt a run for its money.

/  October 15, 2017

It can now, in this whare, since Cadbury changed to the heavy palm oil crap, downsized, & screwed their workers as well as consumers!

/  October 15, 2017

Cadbury;s did change back, didn’t they, when the customers voted with their wallets against the palm oil ?

Whittakers is gold, Cadbury’s is brass. There is no comparison.

/  October 15, 2017

Yes, they changed back in 2009. But they didn’t upsize again.

Coke had a marketing disaster when they changed to New Coke, I seem to remember.

/  October 15, 2017

I don’t think they did Kitty. Cadders used to taste creamy, now if someone forces some on you as a misguided gift – it tastes as oily as one of Corky’s posts to arty.

/  October 15, 2017

Why do you have no social iife as a widow?
        What have you done to try & reacquire one?

2. PDB

/  October 14, 2017

A few far-lefties on here like this – arguments shot down daily on here then they turn up the very next day peddling the same failed arguments as if their past discrediting never happened!

3. Blazer

/  October 14, 2017

Right wing politicians phraseology manual-‘I can’t remember’-‘I don’t recall’…I’ve got..’brain fade’-etc,etc.

• PDB

Helen Clark ‘paintergate’:

Scoop: “He says while police put 33 questions to the Prime Minister about her involvement in and knowledge of the case, she failed to answer most of their requests by claiming that she couldn’t remember.”

/  October 14, 2017

Damn socialists. Hypocrisy, the main tool in their tool box of underhand tricks.

/  October 14, 2017

you forgot to attribute the quote…’Bill English…POT!Bol.

Can you give me a link?

• PDB

/  October 14, 2017

Considering his statement was based in fact what is the issue as to who pulled Clark up on her multiple ‘brain fades’?

She also said she couldn’t even remember signing the actual paintings! Note below she only talks about the one painting and then had to admit there were others she also signed.

“”Miss Clark states that she does not recall signing the painting but acknowledges that she did so. She has stated that she has no independent recollection of any of the events surrounding this painting,” the report says.”

“”Miss Clark states that she has no recollection of any media reports about this matter. She states that such reports would not normally have been brought to her attention by way of media summaries prepared by her staff at that time …”

“Miss Clark states that she has no recollection of these events. It is, however, difficult to see how Miss Clark could not have possessed the relevant knowledge about how the painting was to be used. It is considered that where that knowledge exists there must be an agreement.”

• Fight4NZ

/  October 14, 2017

Because the matter is so exceedingly trivial perhaps.
            Except that in 9 years that is all you have. Pity the Nat copy book is so soiled at multiple levels or you might have a leg to stand on

• PDB

/  October 14, 2017

I see, It’s OK if the left do it. What about the biggest election rort in New Zealand political history (pledge card), or do you have a short memory?

• People who don’t know any MPs have no idea how many conversations they must have with many, many people. Far more than most of us do. It would be like asking someone who they spoke to when they rang an 0800 call 18 months ago.

• Fight4NZ

/  October 15, 2017

Short memory? Well had forgotten this again barely notable beatup.
              Compared with the rock stars of deceipt and unfitness, for example
              Todd Barclay & Bill
              $11.7b
              Serco
              Aaron Bhatnagar
              Panama papers
              Adam Freely
              Tranzrail
              Lombard
              Etc etc etc

• Patzcuaro

/  October 15, 2017

@PDB you must have missed it but Clark left office in 2008 añd has been working at the U.N. since then. We have had a National government under Key and lately English in the mean time. Just to bring you up to speed, Peters is negotiating with Ardern and English to form the next government.

4. Corky

/  October 14, 2017

When people tell me they are moving on for a fresh start, I tell them they are full of bs.
    They become offended and ask why. I tell most of them-80%- it’s not a fresh start they need, but a change of attitude towards people and life. Otherwise what’s the point of moving? That fresh start will become stale again as they repeat the same mistakes.

Their usual reply is, eh?

Many Housing New Zealand tenants are like that. They tick up large with the gangs. Or commit crimes on gang territory. They then have police, gangs and debt collectors on their tail, so they do a runner late at night for another ” fresh start” of booze, drugs and crime.

• PDB

/  October 14, 2017

For a lot of unemployed youth a ‘fresh start’ is swapping the old ‘Call of Duty’ game for the newest version.

/  October 14, 2017

A fresh start in politics….Labour replacing the leader ,an older male ,with a young female.National -replacing an older male,with another…older,older male.

• PDB

/  October 14, 2017

I think they call that late leadership change by Labour as ‘desperation’.

/  October 14, 2017

Yes, if you want things to change, you have to change yourself. A simple truth that most people ignore.

/  October 14, 2017

Their usual reply is, eh?

Why in God’s name did you think it a brilliant idea to invent that whole load of obvious, utter bulldust, just so you could slag off Housing Corp tenants?

/  October 14, 2017

In my considered opinion, the only person likely to ever seek your guidance on how to be a better person would be a nasty drunk, Corks. And after listening to you, the only change would be likely to be that they were now nastier. It’s just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

• There are ways and ways of telling people such things; most people would be offended at having that response.

/  October 14, 2017

Corks doesn’t appear to be disagreeing with me?
            He’s probably just nodded sagely in agreement with what I said & I am assuming therefore that said drunk & he remain on excellent terms?

🤔 Or was you reply sbove intended for Corks? 😳

5. Conspiratoor

/  October 14, 2017

The anterior thalamus is a lost cause, it’ll never change it’s ways. But the liver could do with a fresh start…

6. There are warnings against excess alcohol in the Bible, Pete. These wouldn’t be there if nobody was doing it.