The JFK papers

Missy has saved me from putting some time towards this:

Leaving aside the fact that 300 papers have been withheld creating a frenzy of conspiracy theories as to the reason why and what is being covered up, I haven’t read much of what has been released – or the stories on it, but one story has caught my attention.

One of the oddest things that has come to the attention of media is of an apparent tip off to JFK’s assassination to a reporter at the Cambridge News.

A memo to the Director of the FBI said that a senior reporter at the Cambridge News received a call telling him to call the US Embassy for a big story. After news of the assassination broke the reporter called the police to report the call, and the police then contacted MI5, who reported it to the CIA. The call was made at approximately 1805 GMT, approximately 25 minutes prior to the assassination.

A copy of the memo was released in July of this year but went unreported until the latest release of documents. It is thought the call was made by a friend of Lee Harvey Oswald in Grimsby, after claims the call was made by a British born Soviet spy.

What is interesting is that this was not the first time this has been discussed. A solicitor found the document relating the tip off in 1979 and was published in 1981. The solicitor said in 1981 that the Soviet Union wanted the assassination to look like a conspiracy, however, reporters at Cambridge News in 1981 knew nothing about the alleged tip off and the claim was rubbished.

All very interesting.

Yes, interesting. I presume it will take time for them to be analysed.

Highlights from CNN: JFK file release

1. NOEL

/  28th October 2017

If there is any documents that may finally connect the dot my money is on the 1 percent awaiting redaction.

• I’ve heard that what has been redacted is proof that aliens hid evidenced of a conspiracy on the Moon.

• Missy

/  28th October 2017

hahaha…… that is better than the guy on the radio this morning who was claiming it showed that the mafia conspired with the US Government (the usual) and that the Russians were the scapegoats.

• Missy

/  28th October 2017

Another theory is that they contain Marilyn Monroe’s diaries and show that JFK was sharing state secrets with her, and that the CIA conspired to stop the leaks from the President….

/  28th October 2017

Ingo Swann, American remote viewer for the Star Gate programme, said the Alien action takes place on the dark side of the moon. So the jury is still out.

• Missy

/  28th October 2017

Agree with that, those papers will be the one’s that will have the information that most want to see I would guess.

2. Missy

/  28th October 2017

Glad to have saved you some time there Pete. 🙂 To be honest I haven’t read much of them yet, and this has been one of the main stories in the UK on the papers.

I understand that the papers show that LHO was under surveillance by the US authorities, and that he met with a known KGB agent in the months prior to the assassination.

I think the more interesting information may come from the paper’s withheld, not that they will give credence to the conspiracy theories, but that they may show the extent of the spying on the Soviet Union, and potentially information around double agents the US had. The reason they have been withheld is for national security reasons, so I wonder if people are named in the papers that are still alive today. Though that is conjecture and speculation.

I am hoping to do some more reading on these over the weekend.

3. Blazer

all the way..with LBJ…

4. PDB

/  28th October 2017

I’m surprised anybody still thinks Oswald acted alone – or in fact actually shot a weapon on the day considering he was tested in gunpowder residue on his cheeks within hours of the assassination and found to have none.

The simple fact that within 90 seconds (other timings suggest 70 seconds) of the shooting Oswald was found in the 2nd floor cafeteria casually drinking a coke with no signs of distress or exertion (the assassin had shot from the 6th floor) by a police officer who had got to the 2nd floor cafeteria by running up the stairs from street level rules him out before any other discussions on the broken rifle, his shooting skills etc can begin – especially considering the gunman also had to take time to hide the weapon before leaving the 6th floor.

Oswald was involved in some way but didn’t fire a shot on the day.

• Trevors_elbow

/  28th October 2017

He was the patsy….. JFK was shot by multiple shooters… and low flat from the frontside was one of them…..

/  28th October 2017

I think you are right on this one..Trev.

• I don’t know about multiple shooters, but I don’t now believe that Oswald was one; his words ‘I’m the patsy.’ when he was arrested sound like someone who’s just caught on that he’s been dropped right in it. My guess is that he was told to be a lookout or something like that and was mug enough to agree.

5. barryglik

/  28th October 2017

George Wilder was not involved but he knew what happened. When we lived in Taumarunui George often dropped in for a feed of puha and wild pork during his vacations while on prison service. I was too young to remember but my dad told me that John Gillies and Ronald Jorgensen were the hit men. They went to the Melbourne cup Nov 5th of that year 1963 as Gillies had shares in the horse “Gatum Gatum” which won. With the money they went to the USA (forged visas). George was about to spill the beans on how the hit went down but the police rang to say they would be coming by our street soon and to let George know he should be on his way. The media should be heading to the Wairarapa if they really want to know the truth 🙂

a very Grimm TALE…[Deleted incorrect use of name – PG]

/  28th October 2017

Bazza is acommon nic for Barry,as Gezza is for Gerry and Pete for Peter.

• And I have made it clear to use the names people post under. Common nickname or not, you have a record of pushing boundaries with what you call people, as do others. It too easily leads to tot for tat and escalation, as I’ve said a number of times. I’m sure you’re aware of me asking to just stick to the names used by others.

And I can’t be bothered arguing with you every time you complain when pulled up for not following basic guidelines. I’m not going to waste time explaining every time you try things on.

6. Corky

/  28th October 2017

No magic bullet. The driver did it.

• How did the driver shoot Kennedy in the back of the head ?

/  29th October 2017

Kitty has asked a question:

Two facts:

1- This agent. ( find autopsy photos and see for yourself. The neck wound wasn’t an exit wound, it was an entry. Also see bullet hole in windscreen.)

2- Watch the film as everyone heads for the knoll( to the front) to find the shooter. No one was heading to the rear.

• patupaiarehe

/  28th October 2017

Operation Northwoods was never officially accepted; it was authorized by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, but then rejected by President John F. Kennedy.