General chat

“Is there any way we could have a thread for the more lightweight stuff like music and general chat?”

Do it here. Please no personal attacks or bickering. Anything abusive, provocative or inflammatory may be deleted.

/  November 10, 2017
  2. Conspiratoor

/  November 10, 2017

/  November 10, 2017

Ok, you win.

• Yep….no contest there for Musak

• Would you believe that the original (20s ?) version of Tulips was sung in a similar way by someone with a high-pitched voice ?

I disagree, traveller…how about Life is a Moment in Space ? Tiny Tim is camp and amusing but Life is a Moment in Space is just awful. Or that one about love lifting us up where we belong..the midnight sun is going to come shining through’ or ‘Have You Ever Seen the Sunshine Through a Prism.’ or ‘our love is solid (solid), solid (solid) solid as a rock (ock-ock-ock-ock-ock-ock)’ ?

Too young to be marr-eeeeeddddd,
          Too young to be freeeeeeee,
          Too young to be marreeed-
          but what could they do ?
          She was going to have a bay-beeeeeeee !

/  November 10, 2017
  4. I’m going to bring back some class to this mess of a music hall. Nice acoustic piece from Michael Kiwanuka

• Pickled Possum

/  November 10, 2017

Nice Trav … “Moving on. Smile again. Speak your mind. I’ll be Bold Home again”.
      Choice words. Choice melody.

/  November 10, 2017

That was great trav. His voice kept reminding me of someone else, & then I clicked – it was this guy.

Michael Samuel Kiwanuka is an English soul musician who is signed to Communion Records. He has been compared to Marvin Gaye, Curtis Mayfield, Bill Withers, Randy Newman, Terry Callier, and Otis Redding, as well as Van Morrison and The Temptations – Wikipedia.
      Just as well for us that you left the convent after Woodstock, I reckon. And that you didn’t turn out like Nelly, as I’m sure Kitty would agree.

• After I left the convent, I walked across the Nullarbor. Sometimes camels came along and kept me company, but mostly it was tumbleweed and my own thoughts, humming along to all the Woodstock songs I could remember. Arriving on the West Coast, somewhere slightly south of Broome, I stole a yellow dinghy and rowed to India, whereupon I met a minor king who kidnapped me and forced me to his fort on the top of a hill in Rajhastan.

TBC

/  November 10, 2017

Prime TV tonite:
          8:30 – 9.30pm Soundtracks: Songs That Defined History:

The Vietnam War saw an intense outpouring of politically driven popular music, and Neil Young’s outrage over the police brutality on the Kent State campus brought about ‘Ohio’. PGR

Might watch this.

/  November 10, 2017

Problem seems to be universal. Out of control kids. Out late. On their own. Not one adult present taking any responsibility for these two boy racers, hooning around doing burnouts on the main road:

6. @kitty. I’ve known that for many, many a year, but I do remember being surprised. Yes. 😎