General chat

“Is there any way we could have a thread for the more lightweight stuff like music and general chat?”

Do it here. Please no personal attacks or bickering. Anything abusive, provocative or inflammatory may be deleted.

1. Pickled Possum

Jez Gez No ones up … but they are after my early morning fone call . 😉
    Going to the big smoke today. Much to do … about Everything.
    Organising the hiko. Cuppa there, korero here, then to the car doctor
    Look after things bro while I’m on the Road. 🙂
    Dodging Big Yellow stamped H logging trucks, some do double trip to Whangarei a Day.

Pharrell first thing in the morning is Awesum.

Sweet as sis. I have arisen. Leave it to me. 👍🏼

/  November 15, 2017

Unwilling to accept that there is “no more” wheat for him this morning, while on shore leave between stream patrol duty shifts, Charlie unsuccessfully tests his theory there may actually be some hidden in my gumboot.

This investigation was then followed by his going round unfilmingly behind me & sticking his head in both pockets of my vest, before giving up, shutting up, and settling down alongside me for a nap. Gotta love this little guy. He’s such a trier 😀

• I have just assembled a new pedestal fan for my bedroom, and put a little pook sticker on each blade so that I could see them flying around-but the blades go too fast and the pooks are invisible. Oh well. The little pooks look nice when the fan’s not on.

/  November 15, 2017

Bluebelle is currently invisible, unless you look very carefully. She’s sitting on a brilliant little nest, but she’s cleverly pulled down & woven foliage around & over it. She only pops in for a feed once a day, & only after the boys have gone – because she’s sick of them & their carry-on!

• I wish that you could have seen the two who used to run on the hills across the road….she was always running away from him, but not so fast that he would think that he would have no hope of catching her. Every so often she would look over her shoulder to make sure that he was still there. Too funny.

• Love me done H A P P Y.
      Yay

2. phantom snowflake

• patupaiarehe

/  November 15, 2017

Loving your optimistic outlook, Phantom. Here is a ‘dose of reality’ for you…

3. phantom snowflake

/  November 15, 2017

It was just the same in cadets!
    There’s always one! 😡

5. Lot of retro. What about Robert Cray?

Loved Strong Persuader album back in the day.

• Pickled Possum

/  November 15, 2017

Yaa Glad to home, fire stoked up. Hei hei on the cook. Dancing to Robert.
      Been in the light rain to pick salad. Robert got smooth tonsils. He can play all day here

• phantom snowflake

Nice!!

• Ben is a keeper

• patupaiarehe

/  November 15, 2017

Splendid Phantom! I quite enjoy this track, but unfortunately whenever it is played on the ‘wireless’ at work, the ‘village idiot’ prances about singing, but replaces the lyrics “Burn one down”, with “Rub one out”. And dances accordingly. I’d get upset with him, if it wasn’t so funny to watch… 😀

6. patupaiarehe

/  November 15, 2017

Another ‘gem’ of a cover, from dirty old ‘ewechoob’. Enjoy….

7. patupaiarehe

/  November 15, 2017

The best of the old, & the new. This is the ‘studio version’ of Tool covering ‘No Quarter’, by Led Zeppelin.

8. Have we had any Lou Bega recently? Mambo no. 5

• patupaiarehe

/  November 15, 2017

Classy Trav! I wouldn’t have guessed you were ‘that kinda girl’, LOL. Personally, I like my music ‘heavy’…

• You do, I find something to like in most music, and my taste varies through the day as my rhythms change. Tonight I’ve been listening, among other music to another favourite Mozart’s Concerto for Flute and Harp in C Major (2nd Movement). Reminds me of my Dad

• patupaiarehe

/  November 15, 2017

That was nothing short of splendid Trav. ‘Heavy metal’ generally involves five or less individuals playing in harmony, but that one involved many more. At our wedding, my ataahua wahine & I, engaged the talent of a ‘harpist’, who not only played what she was supposed to, at the right time, but also enjoyed ‘playing about’, in between. Which is the ‘mark’, of a true musician. If one ‘feels the music’, filling ‘the gap’ between songs involves little effort.

9. patupaiarehe

/  November 15, 2017

Late enough for me. The ‘productive work binge’ will be at day 13 tomorrow. With a little luck, I might get to enjoy day 16 at home. I’m praying for rain, as I’d prefer not to mow the lawn, on my ‘day off’… 😀

10. patupaiarehe