General chat

“Is there any way we could have a thread for the more lightweight stuff like music and general chat?”

Do it here. Please no personal attacks or bickering. Anything abusive, provocative or inflammatory may be deleted.

1. For a bit of light hearted fun, Quote of the Year by Massey University 🙂

Posted here: https://yournz.org/2017/12/07/quote-of-the-year-finalists/

• Pickled Possum

/  December 7, 2017

Thanks Trav, that reminded me of the time I went way up the East Coast, along a windy dirt road seeming going to Nowhere, Arriving at The Potaka Shit Duck Club for some drinkies, some many years ago. We were eyed with suspicion by the local wives till Prince Tui began to sing and we all joined in and we all knew the words, who knew … and we all got on famously, sang our hearts out, had a great time. Thank you Prince for all your massive songs.

• I love Pa Mai. Always reminds me of primary school. I loved to chime in with the boy’s chant.

Tahi miti toru e. Tae te marumaru. Whare tapu teitei. Te ao korowhiti. Haere mai, haere mai

• Love the East Coast. Spent all my summer holidays there.

Te Araroa

• Pickled Possum

/  December 7, 2017

Wow! Te Waha o Rerekohu the oldest living pohutukawa tree in NZ,
            some say the world.
            I have been there many times. The Coast is peaceful now,
            since the Rasta boyz all sorted out their differences. 😎

2. phantom snowflake

/  December 7, 2017

• Pickled Possum

/  December 7, 2017

Ben can Sing and has an affinity to Maori he has now ta moko.
      Jack Johnson surfer boy and Ben do it well together.

3. phantom snowflake

/  December 7, 2017

4. Kitty Catkin

/  December 7, 2017

Is there anything more irritating (apart from ahem coff-coff) than hearing about how well-behaved singers were in the past ? Like The Diamonds of Little Darling fame (I must say that I didn’t know who sang this) who dressed appropriately (I am sick of that word, didn’t almost eat the microphone or smash up the set blah blah blah….as if all modern singers do these things.

Outlook keeps barring YNZ as a phishing site-not always, which is odd, as it either is or it isn’t. If it is, I am not sure what it’s phishing FOR. (eye-roll)

5. phantom snowflake

/  December 7, 2017

All the way from South Auckland…

/  December 7, 2017

I read that as Valkyrie-Queen….I didn’t remember Queen having a song called Valkyrie.

Has anyone seen the cockatoo dancing to Queen’s ‘And another one bites the dust ‘ ? Hilarious.

6. Kitty Catkin

/  December 7, 2017

How nice-a Kiwi boy is to direct a Star Wars, it seems !

7. patupaiarehe

/  December 7, 2017

I heard this one on the wireless today, and thought that Jr & I should have a go at it. During my research, I stumbled upon this ‘one man band’. Enjoy…

8. I went up to the Brick Bay restaurant and sculpture walk the other day. Enjoyed a lovely, fresh 2017 rosé with lunch and then meandered around the grounds. The sculpture was varied, some to my taste, some not, but they had a couple of audio installations. One was Gregorian chanting. I shazaamed it, but no luck. Anyway it reminded me that liturgical music has it’s place outside churches. Native bush and 28deg was definitely one of them.

Always loved this: