General chat

“Is there any way we could have a thread for the more lightweight stuff like music and general chat?”

Do it here. Please no personal attacks or bickering. Anything abusive, provocative or inflammatory may be deleted

1. Pickled Possum

/  June 11, 2018

Heart …

2. phantom snowflake

/  June 11, 2018

1978 in music:

3. phantom snowflake

/  June 11, 2018

/  June 12, 2018

Nice. Great guitar work too.

• phantom snowflake

/  June 12, 2018

Neal Schon has never had the highest of profiles but I consider him one of the greats.

4. phantom snowflake

/  June 11, 2018

/  June 11, 2018

I was delighted to find that single in an opshop.

I also have Telephone Man which still makes me larf.

/  June 11, 2018

Ohhhhh……I want to go back to the 70s and stay there ! Where’s that time machine ?

/  June 11, 2018

Put the PDT/s in it and send them back to the stone age.

5. phantom snowflake

/  June 11, 2018

/  June 11, 2018

What happened to Gezza today? Are the blinds up at Pookdom Manor?

/  June 11, 2018

Pookden Manor!
      For heaven’s sake.
      Pookdom applies to the whole of pookkind.

I took video clips of the speeches at my uncle’s 80 th yesterday, so I could post them of Fb for the far flung siblings, but when I downloaded them I was too far away from the speakers & the audi on all of them was barely audible. I ended up staying up all nite loading mp4s into online site, coverting copies to mp3s, importing those in Audacity, my music recording program, amplifying that, making new, louder mp3s, loading the original mp4s & the louder mp3s into Windows Movie Maker, then turning those into big .wmv files, then converting them into smaller mp4s.

A lot of trial & error & cursing. But I finally got em all up on Facebook at 4.30am & the sibbies & nephs loved them so it was worth it. But I’ve slept all day.