Open Forum – Friday

13 July 2018

Forum

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you.

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts.

Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts.Comments from other forums can be repeated here, cut and paste is fine.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.

FIRST TIME COMMENTERS: Due to abuse by a few first comments under any ID will park in moderation until released (as soon as possible but it can sometimes take a while).

Sometimes comments will go into moderation or spam automatically due to mistyped ID, too many links (>4), or trigger text or other at risk criteria.

Free speech is an important principle here but some people who might pose a risk to the site may be limited.

Next Post

Lol. Delicious. 😀

/  July 13, 2018

what a laugh…so many…liked this one…

‘ walked from Iran to NZ…. by myself, while carrying my brothers and sisters and the family piano, through the snow, in barefeet ‘

/  July 13, 2018

It’s really taken off! I’ve been scrolling but I can’t keep up with the rate of additions, so I’ve given up. The idea seems to be really that you post a silly fake embellishment of your OWN CV, & many of these are hillarious.

Example:

I have single-handedly managed the well being of diverse cultures in a contemporary setting, ensuring all their needs have been met in accordance with the protocols set out in long-standing worldwide accepted mandates.

#GolrizMyCV

(I operate the lights at a Reading Cinema)

• High Flying Duck

/  July 13, 2018

Some dross, but plenty of gold in there:

It wasn’t a dingo – I took the baby!
      I dug a hole and filled it with water,it’s now called lake Taupo
      I was one of the spice girls. Well the 6th one. Eco Spice.
      I killed Kenny
      I found Nemo
      It was my idea to blow on the pie.
      When Gollum was talking about precious he was talking about me
      I walked 500 miles and I walked 500 more
      I was Bill Clinton’s intern
      I pulled John Key’s pony tail

/  July 13, 2018

Different gems for different senses of humour I guess. One of mine was:

When I go to Piha I rescue the Piha Rescue guys. 😀

• lurcher1948

GOOD ONE Gezza….

• It’s hard to feel too sorry for someone who made the clam that she was the Minister of Defence when everyone knows that she’s not !

I liked the person who saw Roger Moore somewhere/starred in a film with him.

• I was NZ’s Minister of Communications after the 2014 election.

(I took phone calls, stuffed envelopes and did leaflet drops for the ACT campaign)

• My husband was NZ

• ‘s highest ranking parliamentary adviser and consultant on electorate matters.

(He was a Labour MP’s electorate secretary)

1. lurcher1948

/  July 13, 2018

For some unknown reason, the posters on another nearby rightwing blog hate this post from Spinoff and want to donate to destroy the Spinoff blog…its a good read and upsets the right.

/  July 13, 2018

Enjoy your daily self-flagellation, Lurchy. I’d finish up with a trip to Whaleoi.

• High Flying Duck

/  July 13, 2018

Ridiculous article full of false equivalencies.
      Arguing about government funding of controversial speech, or calling for change IS free speech, not the suppression of it.
      Going to court to try to prevent publication of stolen emails – how is that suppression of free speech?
      The flag burning one is arguable, all the others are simply not free speech issues.

• lurcher1948

/  July 13, 2018

I laugh at the resident rightwingers huffing and puffing on kiwiblog and here and saying SUE Spinoff Farrar,destroy it but all SpinOff has to do is bring anyday of the week posts to court.Farrar posts are a sewage of hate and every phobia with nazi and animal sex thrown in so, Farrar sue Spinout and i will see who wins, exposing the right to ridicule as their attack poddle

• PDB

/  July 13, 2018

Lurch: “Farrar posts are a sewage of hate and every phobia with nazi and animal sex thrown in”

With posts like that I wouldn’t exactly throw stones there Lurch…

2. Corky

/  July 13, 2018

Another two Samoan babies died (previous to present cases) after being vaccinate.

It may come as a shock to many, but few of these babies are autopsied. More ethical researchers have admitted encephalitis can be a dangerous side effect of vaccination.
    Problem number two. Many doctors will not accept serious side effects from vaccinations are a possibility. I have personal experience of that scenario.. .

• Why am I not surprised that you claim to have personal experience of this ?

/  July 13, 2018

‘Why am I not surprised that you claim to have personal experience of this ?”

Because you think I make things up. But time after time I’m proved right. You are never proved right or wrong. Can you guess why?

”I doubt if many doctors would deny that vaccinations CAN have serious side effects in a very small number of cases.”

You again are wrong. If doctors thought vaccines CAN have serous side effects in a small number of cases, they would ask for autopsies when young kids die around the time of vaccination.

If doctors thought vaccines could have serous side effects they wouldn’t have OK’d Gardasil for use on young girls when a co- researcher of said vaccine admitted on National Radio that Gardasil had not been tested on that age group being vaccinated ( at the time I was researching Gardasil.)

I was also called ignorant by a teacher who was upset I had denied permission to have a young relative vaccinated with Gardisil. At present this vaccine is implicated in the deaths of two girls. It also only protects against a few herpy viruses.

I wrote to the FDA ( re Garsasil) and received a long reply. The writer did’t agree with me, but his information allow me to find an error in an article written by Ian Wishart.

Please research your subject before engaging your keyboard.

• What utter drivel you do write.You so often claim to have personal experience or knowledge when you obviously haven’t, then backpedal or bluster when this is challenged. You have claimed to know things about me and my life, for goodness sake. things that are complete fabrications like my having said that I had feral white neighbours (I hadn’t, of course) and my being on a widow’s benefit – a non-existent benefit.

You contradict for the sake of it; this is very childish. And it is obvious that you make things up to prove your statements.

Do you really imagine that any doctor would be unaware of or deny that any vaccine could cause a severe reaction in a few cases ? That’s so unlikely, given that doctors are medically trained, unlike you, and spend their lives working as medical professionals.

Doctors give warnings about possible side-effects even of new drugs prescribed, so it’s unlikely that most are as ignorant as you claim. Could it be possible that the ignorant person is you ?

Unless the young relative was your daughter, it’s not likely that you would be able to permit or deny the vaccine that prevents cervical cancer. As you spell it differently each time, it’s hard to believe that you have much expertise or you’d know its name.

If I spelt Thackeray as Theckary, Thakcerey and Thaccaeay, it would be an indication that my claim to have an MA Hons in English Literature was bogus.

• Need I say that the Gardasil death claims are urban myths that don’t stand up to scrutiny and are only found on dodgy and biassed sites ?

/  July 13, 2018

Just a few points to get you on the right track again…sigh!

”Doctors give warnings about possible side-effects even of new drugs prescribed, so it’s unlikely that most are as ignorant as you claim”

Drugs, somethings. But many aren’t aware of the full spectrum of side effects.
            For example many don’t know Statins block a very important liver enzyme the body uses for cardiovascular health.

So, here’s some homework for you. Find out how many parents see the in-slip that comes with vaccines. Let me answer for you..next to none.

”Now you claim to know whether or not doctors request autopsies (or, more likely. post mortems; there is a difference) when children die at the time of vaccination. How do you know that they don’t ? How could you possibly know if they do or don’t ?

Fair question: I heard an anti vaxxer make this claim on the radio. Unable to believe that, I wrote to the Ministry of Health who confirmed ( obliquely) that
            no such autopsies take place because they aren’t needed.

”Unless the young relative was your daughter, it’s not likely that you would be able to permit or deny the vaccine that prevents cervical cancer. ”

Another fair question. I was with the parent who advised the teacher I would be making the decision on her behalf because I was more informed than her.( she signed the form after my dispute with the teacher)

However, the mother isn’t anti vaxx. The girl has had all her other vaccinations.
            Gradasil was different. And I didn’t hesitate to stick my nose in.

/  July 13, 2018

”Need I say that the Gardasil death claims are urban myths that don’t stand up to scrutiny and are only found on dodgy and biassed sites ”

Really? Put your intellect to work. Both deaths received MSM coverage on a current affairs programme.

3. Corky

/  July 13, 2018

How’s my perfect storm coming along.?Quite well actually.

If nurses continue to strike, rifts will develop between different nursing groups and their union.

Meanwhile, Winston is splashing million around in Taranaki while telling the nurses the IV drip is empty of life giving cash.

Jonesey is being accused of nepotism in the North. While I doubt anything illegal is going on, it’s all about perception. And the perception is Jonsey is looking after the whanau.

Goff will be in court. Homeless numbers increasing. Russell Norman is pissed with Greens.
    I can’t remember who our PM is. Health nutters want a sugar tax. Some coalition MPs don’t want hemp publicly available

Oh, and that billion dollar plus hole Steven Joyce predicted.. well, it’s still on target to become reality. Once confirmed, it will sink Labour and the Left for decades.

To sum up: Where the hell is National ??!!

/  July 13, 2018

The union organisers recommended that the offer be accepted. The union is the members. Which is why SOME are still striking. They told the union officials they did not accept their recommendation. Rifts will develop between the nurses themselves.

/  July 13, 2018

Correct. That’s what I meant to say. I can tell you behind the scene things are quite tense.
        The hospital in question where my information came from has lost confidence in their union.

/  July 13, 2018

Yes. They will be. At the workplace, union reps (nurses – who’ve volunteered to be the conduit between nurses and organisers (union workplace officials) will be the meat between the sandwich of some disgruntled & pushy nurses pushing unrealistic demands on reps when they wouldn’t personally stand up & make these statements face to face themselves in a union/management confrontation – for fear of personal repercussions.

And their officials doing the negotiations will have reached a complete impasse with DHB management who the government have given no more room to budge & simply CAN’T get any more blood out of the stone.

It’s horribly divisive in the workplace. I’ve been a rep. I only volunteered because nobody else would, & after on our first walkout I passed our manager on the way and he said “what’s the heck? What’s going on?” There’d been no communication at all between him & the staff.

4. Corky

/  July 13, 2018

Folks, I bought you sage advice about investing in A2 Milk. I would seriously suggest looking at investing in this venture should a company(s) be formed.

Airships have so many advantages over other aerial vehicles. Advantages that can be exploited. Eg bungee jumping. A tour around New Zealand’s coastline etc.

/  July 13, 2018

go for it Corky….the Hindenberg will still scare most people..off.

When exactly did you tip A2?

/  July 13, 2018

”Go for it Corky….the Hindenberg will still scare most people..off.”

That is a major PR problem to overcome. It’s near impossible for the Hindenberg demise to happen again due to a change in gases used and the introduction of single cell bladders.

I think a blimp will have to be purposefully crashed to show how much safer they are now.

”When exactly did you tip A2?”

A couple of years ago( I think). I said there was still more growth to happen especially regarding the Chinese market.

Sell your Toyota, Blazer. The sky is where it’s at now.

• Blazer, surely you remember every one of Corky’s sage words of advice ! No ? Nor do I.

I don’t know where he bought the advice from, or why he thinks that anyone was interested then or that they are now.

For goodness sake, Blazer, don’t discourage him from going in an airship,

Has he noticed that air travel has moved on since the days of airships and that aeroplanes are the usual means of air travel now ?

5. admiralvonspee

/  July 13, 2018

An excellent, yet troubling, 10min read into the world of ‘evidence based’ medicine and the scientific peer review process.

View story at Medium.com

/  July 13, 2018

the huge corporations and their appetite for monetising/profit subsume every aspect of life on earth admiral.
      Education is another that was seduced by corporate patronage.

• admiralvonspee

/  July 13, 2018

Rightly or wrongly, we all vote…with our $$$.

/  July 13, 2018

Good article. The same applies to scientific papers. Science is corrupt. There are so many scientific findings failing to find funding and development because they don’t suit big money interests, or because such findings are at odds with scientific dogma.

/  July 13, 2018

Who would want a Housing NZ rental as a neighbour when they facilitate this tenant behaviour with a zero-eviction policy?:

/  July 13, 2018

Sounds like feral scumbags to me. I wonder if Housing New Zealand checks on the home, or checks to make sure the tenants are on the electoral roll so they can vote Labour?

This is Question In The House stuff. Questions to:

The PM
      Housing Minister
      Minister for Social Development
      Minister of Police
      Minister of Justice
      Minister of Health (addiction services)

7. Corky

YouTube dude on Goff ban:

/  July 13, 2018

that meathead hasn’t figured out that there are more venues in NZ than the…Bruce Mason centre.

/  July 13, 2018

That “meathead” very cogently articulates ALL of the important issues that are at the heart of the very important questions arising from the Molyneux/Southern fiasco that need to be freely debated in a free Western society, with a supposed commitment to free speech, including ours.

He doesn’t need to know the comparatively minor details of Southern being visa banned under our immigration act, or the finer details of whether a local Mayor can aor should refuse hireage of a public council venue to somebody whose political views he doesn’t like and an Islamic Federation he courts for votes consider blasphemous.

That’s not what the issue is about. That meathead way outperforms you.

thats your…predictable ..opinion.

/  July 13, 2018

In what way is my opinion predictable?

I’ve listened to hours & hours of Molyneux now. I’ll be listening to even more.

I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him. Everything dodgy-sounding he’s said that I’ve bothered to pause video on & do even a cursory fact check on has been easy to see as bullshit & refute. But not everything he says is wrong.

He’s a cunning, self-promoting rat self-described philospher (yeah, bs) mixing truth and opinion & smears & debunked research false & invented history into endless diatribes and friendly but twisted phone-in chats to losers – but only an intellectually-handicapped alt right nut job in this country would even bother to listen to the 90 minute to 2 hours of truth & sheer shite this guy spouts to nasties & losers online and believe any of it.

I’d never even heard of the prick. I’m only listening to him now – on any topic – for the intellectual challenge of observing how he operates & noting the deviance & flaws in it.

/  July 13, 2018

*deviousness, not deviance, soz.

I’ve listened to hours & hours of Molyneux now……!/!???? 😦

/  July 13, 2018

Yup. Hours of it. Christ he’s prolific. Awful to listen to, he’s a weird little man, with a snide & nasty personality – but oddly enuf, every now & then a nice guy, a dad, breaks out on his phone ins.

He’s a cultist, in my view. He’s picked up on the full force alt right racist thing just as part of his vehicle to stardom & riches, & is now tailoring his presentations to the Alex Jones & Jordan Peterson markets.

• High Flying Duck

/  July 13, 2018

Phil Goff’s untenable position is articulately and concisely pulled apart. Surprisingly good work from a YouTube dude.

/  July 13, 2018

Goffs decision is easily pulled apart in 2 minutes by any school pupil.

• ‘Taking one’s lumps; accepting that a punishment is justified.’

It seems a bizarre thing to say about a robbery victim who can hardly be blamed for being one. What’s he being punished for, and why is this punishment justified ?

• Of course, it can also mean adversity and adverse results of one’s own actions, but it still seems odd to consider that a robbery victim is somehow responsible for being one and should accept that the treatment meted out was cause and effect and is uncomplainingly doing so.

/  July 13, 2018

Please post something of interest. Don’t be reactive…be proactive. I know you only understand things in a literal sense. Maybe someone could help you decipher my sarcasm.

/  July 13, 2018

She HAS deciphered your sarcasm. On the other hand …

• Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

You once defined taking one’s lumps as being beaten up and left with literal lumps and bumps, and it was obvious that you really thought that that what it meant. You had no idea that it didn’t have a literal meaning. Now you claim that you are being sarcastic, in a way that is senseless in this context. It’s possible that you don’t know the meaning of sarcasm, either. After all, you didn’t know the difference between who and whom and imagined that someone who did would have googled it. If I hadn’t known the difference, I wouldn’t have known that you were using the word wrong.

Miser Cortex, desinas ineptire/Et quod vides perisse perditum ducas.

And the next time you think that you are being funny at the expense of an intellectual superior. remember the words of Catullus who must have been thinking of someone very like you…..

Nam risu inepto res ineptior nulla est.

/  July 13, 2018

”Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.”

That should tell you something.

‘And the next time you think that you are being funny at the expense of an intellectual superior”

Yes, you are superior to me… at searching Google. Even better at cobbling
            together a mosaic of bs.

• Don’t be ridiculous again. I do not rely solely on Google, and if I do google things, I use reputable sources. Believe it or not, some of us have a reasonable amount of learning and knowledge and can filter rubbish from credible information. It’s the uninformed and ill-informed like you who cobble, people like me don’t need to and can see if someone’s doing so.

• What do those two quotations mean, do you know ?

/  July 13, 2018

”I read books, not just dodgy websites.Perhaps you should try doing this. It takes a little longer, of course.”

I have more books than you will ever see in three lifetimes.

8. Corky

/  July 13, 2018

Phil Twyford’s plan for a Mangere hosing development is interesting. It’s a mix of low and middleclass homes ( going by price). But which decile will push the other out? My guess is the lowerclass will rule after 10 years, and take the area back to an unkept crime ridden oasis.

I hope I’m wrong.

9. Corky

/  July 13, 2018

Nice people. Is there a solution?

Why, yes there is. Russians know how to take care of problem people.

/  July 13, 2018

While the yanks fart around trying to make every kind of variation of an assault rifle they can think of the Russians just whack a swivel butt on the good old Kalashnikov & since the day the Germans invented the bloody thing & they copied it it still does the job better than anything else.