Open Forum – Thursday

2 August 2018

Forum

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you.

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts.

Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts.Comments from other forums can be repeated here, cut and paste is fine.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.

FIRST TIME COMMENTERS: Due to abuse by a few first comments under any ID will park in moderation until released (as soon as possible but it can sometimes take a while).

Sometimes comments will go into moderation or spam automatically due to mistyped ID, too many links (>4), or trigger text or other at risk criteria.

Free speech is an important principle here but some people who might pose a risk to the site may be limited.

1. Corky

/  August 2, 2018

Just heard a nauseating interview with Willow- Jean Prime and Kiri Allen re babies in parliaments confines.

Yes, the ladies found the atmosphere much improved thanks to bovver-boy and speaker Trevor Mallard who listened to their concerns regarding babies. The ladies asked that whanau be allowed into areas not accessible to the public. That was granted, making things much easier for these power women. And what used to be called the wives room in parliament is now the whanau room. The ladies also said they must allow for extra time walking from one area to another inside Parliament. That allows anyone wanting to cuddle the babies an opportunity should they wish.

How beautiful. How meaningful. How ethnic.

I have a better suggestion…put the babies into the creche and get on with running the bloody country.

/  August 2, 2018

Seems fair. Or leave them at home with a stay-at-home dad. That’s what other working mums have to do. Or work part-time, but tell the voters during the campaign that you’ll be a part-time or job-sharing MP, & who you’ll be job-sharing with. Or get another job.

/  August 2, 2018

Gezza…I like your practicality. Unfortunately such practicalities aren’t practical in parliament circa 2018.

2. lurcher1948

/  August 2, 2018

PEABRAIN HDPA is in full stupidity today, Maoris and South Africa, are not the same”little beam of knowledge”

3. Corky

/  August 2, 2018

Heard a teacher being asked why they didn’t strike when National was in power. She replied that they wouldn’t have been listened to.

Correct. That’s the house training I prattle on about regarding how Righties keep unions under control for the public’s good.

The way things are going National wont need an election strategy… the country will beg them to get our country back to normal where union prats are seen…but not heard.

/  August 2, 2018

teachers can go on strike.
      Nurses are the ones who deserve more.

/  August 2, 2018

I will make a prediction. A new National government may have to be more accommodating to teachers and nurses in the future.

/  August 2, 2018

That’s not a prediction.For a start there’s a may in it, not a will. There’s nothing specifc enuf about that to be considered any kind of prediction.

/  August 2, 2018

I will make a prediction. A new National government will be more accommodating to teachers and nurses in the future.

/  August 2, 2018

Oh. In what way, exactly?

Why would they need to if by 2020 they’re well paid?

/  August 2, 2018

No need for explanations. You have my prediction.

/  August 2, 2018

It’s a pathetic one. If they pay them or give them anything you’ll say “See I was right.”

/  August 2, 2018

Ok, forget I made a prediction. I wont mention it again.

/  August 2, 2018

Double whammy. Not economically good. Of course the government will be blamed in some way. That is good.

4. Corky

/  August 2, 2018

Maoris get it right for a change. Related to this topic, I see the Jew boys gave Mike Treen a good tasering. That incident should be posted online. I would pay to see it. Welcome to the real world…dreamer. If you want to big note in that part of the world you need to accept your lumps.

• Jew boy/Jewboy is considered to be derogatory, as even you must be aware.

/  August 2, 2018

No, I wasn’t aware. And I don’t care. How is Jew Boy different from Muslim boy? I think you complain too much. Get a life and actually post something instead of hanging onto the coat tails of others.

• I just have posted something; how do you think that that came to be there ?

Jewboy is like Chinaman or other racial slurs. It is different from Muslim boy because that would obviously be a boy who was a Muslim. But Jewboy has been used as a derogatory term for a long time. Jew is not an adjective, as Muslim, Russian and Greek are; these can be either. But the adjective of Jew is Jewish. I am amazed that you don’t know this.

How odd not to care that a term that you use is derogatory. How odd that you claim not to have known this. Surely it’s obvious from the kind of person who says it.

How VERY odd to admit to wanting to watch a tasering. That is sick.

I think that the cliched expression that you are thinking of is ‘riding on someone’s coat-tails’. Not that this makes any sense in this context, either, as you would know if you knew the meaning.

• lurcher1948

That is “normal speak*” in Corkys mind
        stolen from (1984)

• It’s ignorant-speak in anyone else’s (except people like Corky)

Like so many people of that ilk, he can give it out but not take it (or whatever the saying is) How dare anyone challenge his bigotry and ignorance ? It’s waste of time, anyway; look at his pigheaded denial of the truth about recycling soft plastics, and the history and use of crossbows.

The difference between Corky and a mule is that the mule has some reason for being like that.

/  August 2, 2018

I encountered a new scam this morning. Got a call on my landline & when I answered, thinking it was ma calling back again to tell me something she forgot to mention in her morning call 15 minutes earlier, there was no one on the line.

Was about to hang up thinking someone had realised they dialed the wrong number when I heard a voice so put it back up to my ear. A recorded female voice was saying … from Windows something or other, our system is showing someone has hacked into your connection & is accessing your computer. Please press 1 to call Spark immediately, 2 to call other providers.”

So I just waited to see what happened if I did nothing. And the call disconnected.

• I had an odd thing a while ago.

Three calls from mobiles, nobody there when I answered.

When I rang them, nobody had rung me and they didn’t recognise my number. One was a tradie, one was a private phone, I forget the third.

How on earth did that happen ?

6. lurcher1948

/  August 2, 2018

Winston, you let me down,you don’t shout out”THROW OUT FATTY” you shout out “THROW OUT THE OBESE Gerry Brownlee”more PC correct, Winston think of the other fatties on the National side of the house…just saying

Labour are all Slim Jims, eh, Lurchy 😃

• lurcher1948

/  August 2, 2018

Funny Corky you mention that,there are some real fatties in labor but then I’m not a labor supporter,voted Greg O,Connor because i hated DUNNY and voted Winston..and New Zealand is now how i want it, getting paid real wages.The leaders of industry,are whinging because they have to pay REAL WAGES, hence whining and lack of confidence, 2 more years whimp managers

/  August 2, 2018

You mean like the Warehouse paying a living wage while simultaneously negotiating the sacking over a hundred employees to pay for it?

You have the ‘2 years right,’ Lurchy. National is preparing for their 20 year Reich
          You should too. You will need:

1- Chainsaw
          2- Trailer
          3- Horse
          4- Horse feed
          5- Trees

😄😄😄

7. Blazer

• lurcher1948

/  August 2, 2018

Blazer the nazis/altright are closer than you think,
      Lauren Southern by Luke Kinsella in Australia:

8. Blazer

9. Corky

/  August 2, 2018

Maori tribes lose the plot outside parliament. One tribe threatens war. The other tribe applies makutu. Nasty business…Maori against Maori. Thank god it isn’t 1820.

/  August 2, 2018

I see the Stats Dept is making a useless nuisance of itself again:

When I was young and naive I once answered one of their compulsory questionnaires only to find that just got me on some sucker list for more of them. After that any envelope with their logo on it went straight in the rubbish unopened. And when they tried to force it I wrote to the PM pointing out what a useless waste of time and money they were. By the time that filtered thru the system to produce the usual banal nonsense reply the survey was long gone. Eventually they gave up and didn’t bother me anymore.