Open Forum – Thursday

30 August 2018

Forum

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you.

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts.

Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts.Comments from other forums can be repeated here, cut and paste is fine.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.

FIRST TIME COMMENTERS: Due to abuse by a few first comments under any ID will park in moderation until released (as soon as possible but it can sometimes take a while).

Sometimes comments will go into moderation or spam automatically due to mistyped ID, too many links (>4), or trigger text or other at risk criteria.

Free speech is an important principle here but some people who might pose a risk to the site may be limited.

Next Post

1. Corky

/  August 30, 2018

Mikey asks: Why does Burger King have to import migrants to work in their organisation?

Corky responds: Jump in your Ferrari and cruise around South Auckland. If you and your car escape unscathed you will have half your answer. The other half involves going to a WINZ office. If you get past the burly guards ( that should tell you something), you will have the other half of your answer.

Funny isn’t it. Report after report would have us believe 99% of benies want to work. And only a few fail drug tests. I called bs on that at the time. I believe nothing has changed.

/  August 30, 2018

I believe this guy, not official reports.

/  August 30, 2018

guy talks absolute shit,should be a comedian…the funniest part was ..’personal responsibility’.

/  August 30, 2018

You would say that…you are a socialist. You don’t create…you take…you expect.

/  August 30, 2018

‘He likes to lie, exaggerate and overstate, the videos are manufactured to sell his course and put money in his pocket. The formula is confidence, mixed with some truth, mixed with lies, mixed with luxury car, house, jewelry, watches. All that creates a very seductive marketing scheme to lure people into buying his overpriced products.’…thats one persons opinion of the bull shitter.

/  August 30, 2018

Quite true. Glad you have done your homework. He’s also a martial artist.
              Now: Of the seven points he makes, point to the one you think is the most erroneous.

/  August 30, 2018

Actually, he is correct. Good parents teach their children these things but sadly too many don’t.

/  August 30, 2018

number 3 bears no relation to ..reality..

/  August 30, 2018

That’s his point. You are blaming reality. It’s always someone or somethings fault. Alan Duff noticed this with the poor. Always had a hardluck story..and always had the solution to mankind’s problems..as they sunk another beer, took another bet..and rummaged through a well creased cheap leather wallet for their last dollar.

/  August 30, 2018

‘You are blaming reality’…hello …you could do a double act with the b/s artist.

The rich are champions about finding excuses…try the GFC…’no one saw it coming’!Bol.

Look at the feeble excuses at FBU …farmers- too much rain,not enough rain,dollar too high…dollar too low,these rich entrepreneurs have a scroll of square offs.

/  August 30, 2018

”Look at the feeble excuses at FBU …farmers- too much rain,not enough rain,dollar too high…dollar too low.”

Now you a point there. Although to be fair to farmers the days of easy wealth and SMPs are over. Any wealth farmers have is earned by the principles espoused in the above clip.

There is however, a welfare mentality with some framers, who like beanies, expect to be bailed out by other people. Under a libertarian government they would get nothing.

/  August 30, 2018

Number three is exactly true. People are what they are and it is your job to navigate life amongst them. Blaming them for being what they are is entirely stupid. Learning from your mistakes in misjudging or not allowing for them is the productive attitude.

/  August 30, 2018

This man may be rich, but he’s a blowbag with a foul mouth. What a charmless wonder he is.

/  August 30, 2018

Don’t watch. He’s not talking to people like you who are set in their ways. He’s talking to people who believe being rich is only reserved for special people.

/  August 30, 2018

I thought someone like you would have commended him for Point 1?

/  August 30, 2018

There’s nothing special about this loudmouthed braggart, I know a reasonable number of rich people, and they don’t boast about themselves and sneer at those who are not rich as this vulgar oaf does.

He didn’t specify what sort of books, so it’s impossible to commend him for saying that;

You are, of course, lying when you say that I am set in my ways. Lying and personal abuse are no substitutes for reasoned debate. Why do you make these baseless statements that are based on nothing but your own spite ?

/  August 30, 2018

The book he holds up when he turns off the television on which he is watching HIMSELF is written by him. 😀

There seems no end to this unlovely swankpot’s conceit,

If being rich is reserved for special people, you must think that rich swindlers, slumlords, extortionists and drug dealers are special .

/  August 30, 2018

”There’s nothing special about this loudmouthed braggart.”

That’s what he teaches.

”He didn’t specify what sort of books, so it’s impossible to commend him for saying that.”

Are you joking? You obviously missed his point, that will lead into my
              next point.

”You are, of course, lying when you say that I am set in my ways. ”

No, I’m not lying. You have posted enough of your personality. See your point about books.

”Lying and personal abuse are no substitutes for reasoned debate. Why do you make these baseless statements that are based on nothing but your own spite ?”

Again, the same accusations recycled time and again . And you wonder why I say you are set in your ways.

Again..why be offended by my posts. Just ignored them. They aren’t of any interest to you..except to annoy your paper thin sensibilities.

JUST IGNORE ME…SO SIMPLE.

/  August 30, 2018

Offended ? Don’t flatter yourself.

You know nothing about my life, so anything you say is at best speculation, at worst an outright lie. You seem to imagine that personal abuse is a fair substitute for reason; it isn’t, it simply shows that you can’t answer something with any sort of reasoned argument..

Unless we know which books someone reads, their boasts mean nothing. He only shows one…and HE wrote that.

There seemed to be no point in his saying that about books when the only one in sight had his name on the cover.

I wouldn’t change my life and my books and education for all his money. His vulgarity and conceit are very unattractive. There’s nothing clever about saying ‘fuck’ and ‘fucking’ as often as he says it; his manner implies that he thinks it is witty and original. A vulgarian preaching to the vulgar who are impressed with baubles.

/  August 30, 2018

Someone who’s set in their ways is someone who has been doing and thinking the same thing for many years; as you have no idea what I do or what my life has been like, any opinion of yours is false and meaningless.

2. High Flying Duck

Shout out to Griff!

• Griff.

Funny as…
      You poor dumb normie … when the uneducated Aspie makes you look stupid you resort to ad hominem attacks to make you feel better.

It is not a new meme.
      Baseless discrimination against those who are different for reasons outside of their control is so last century.

• High Flying Duck

/  August 30, 2018

Sorry if my post offended Griff – it was not meant to.
        I thought the tweet was a good comeback to the wanker blaming Aspergers for being a murderous bastard.
        My post was made with humour in mind not malice.

• Griff.

Yeah whatever

• High Flying Duck

/  August 30, 2018

For what it’s worth, I enjoy your posts Griff, although I disagree with about half of them. I genuinely wouldn’t set out to belittle your condition. So once again, apologies if I overstepped.

/  August 30, 2018

Yes, I thought HFD’s post was made respectfully not critically, Griff. I think most of us here wish you well despite our disagreements on some issues.

3. Pickled Possum

/  August 30, 2018

Onya Jonesie … ”If you can get up and go to work you should be made to do it.’
    Criminals and beneficiaries VS 1 Billion trees.

/  August 30, 2018

This from Jonsey needs mentioning, cuz. Truer korero has not been spoken for a long time. I do believe he means it. I hope he does.

Question:
      [There is probably 90 per cent of Kiwis in this room, don’t you feel we are losing our status here as we have a lot of foreigners coming in?]

Answer:

“Anyone that comes to live in our community, they gain access, the right that you and I acquired from our forefathers, but unless you abide by an obligation and a duty that includes embracing foundation Kiwi values, as far as I am concerned, you are not welcome here. I say that as a Māori, I say that as a proud New Zealander, I say that as a New Zealand First politician … and I say that on a regular basis. I have no racial aversion to anyone, but there are foundation influences that define the development and trajectory of our country that we have come to accept as God’s Own. ”

Repeat:

”Unless we look after it, mate, others will take it from us.”

Many on this blog believe such a scenario is not possible.

4. Corky

/  August 30, 2018

Crooks aren’t worried about long sentences? Could have fooled me. No 8 should be a regular occurrence in our courts. Unfortunately it is not. No 2 is the equivalent of our Jan Molenaar ( police killer). Some men know being caged up is unacceptable to them. They leave on their own terms.

/  August 30, 2018

I don’t who the manic sicko who is on this video is, but he gives schadenfreude a new shade of meaning with his gloating. Part of one was enough; I can’t imagine deriving pleasure from watching this sort of thing. There is a reasonable chance that some of these people didn’t do the crimes for which they have been given life sentences. The death penalty in Illinois was stopped when the governor discovered how many people were wrongly convicted because of corrupt police practices (beating people until they confessed, putting plastic bags over their heads until they lied and confessed to make it stop) and other causes like racist juries. The police chief ended up inside himself and must have had an interesting time there.

This video is sick.

/  August 30, 2018

Only one person in the clip received a death sentence. Most got life..that means life in America if probation isn’t mentioned at sentencing.

”This video is sick.”

No, it isn’t. Its a great window into the human condition. A great contrast between our soft liberal justice system and the much harsher American one. It shows the moment when reality strikes..day becomes night, forever. It shows the agony of families split up forever..the guilty removed from the innocent. The inconceivable reality that the next time they see this many people on the outside will be at their funeral. That presupposes there will be people left on the outside who will still care.

/  August 30, 2018

Ergo, not all of these people may be guilty.

Even if they are, the video is using human tragedies for the entertainment of sick ghouls who get their thrills from seeing suffering. In every case, this moment was the result of someone’s tragedy, although the presenter’s gleeful gloating doesn’t indicate this.

Given the US’s murder and violent crime record, the long sentences don’t seem to be a very effective deterrent. This video was probably not made with that in mind; it’s a thrill for sick ghouls. The sort of people who crane their necks when they see a car crash in case they miss something gruesome.

/  August 30, 2018

”I didn’t say that they did all have death sentences. I said that many people are wrongly convicted, found guilty of crimes they didn’t commit, hence the abolition of the death penalty in one state.”

Very good. I was just testing to see if you were posting by rote.

”Given the US’s murder and violent crime record, the long sentences don’t seem to be a very effective deterrent.”

Yeah, but…they won’t be committing anymore crimes, will they. So in a way you could say they have been ”re-hay-bill-a-tated,” as a Southern Cop would say.

Again, I must laugh at you for indulging in something that offends your rice paper thin sensibilities. Just ignore this. I’m sure you have better things to do..surely?

5. lurcher1948

/  August 30, 2018

Outlaw Pete sung by a living god called Bruce,such a great singer ,enjoy your evening im off soon to train JESS my farm rescue up to be an agility dog…just about says it all

1 2 3

/  August 30, 2018

Lead story on 1ewes at 6 tonite.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has accepted Minister Meka Whaitiri’s offer to stand aside from her portfolios, while an investigation is carried out into a staffing matter in her office.

Newshub understands the probe follows a physical incident with another staff member in her office, which included some shoving.

Ms Whaitiri is the Minister of Customs, and is also an Associate Minister for Agriculture, Forestry, Local Government and Crown/Māori Relations.
    More …
    —————-
    😲

At least Simon will be happy I suppose.

• David

/  August 30, 2018

Goes to show what happens when you have a part time PM. Again for Ardern, like the Labour molestation report today, is kept in the dark about these things until they can no longer be kept from her. Is our PM perhaps a little fragile, are the people who work with her worried about how much she can deal with and shield her.
      Staff bullying in the workplace and sexual assault are not good looks for the labour but at least no one will be asking why HNZ borrowed 2.9 billion and only 234 million of that is to be spent on houses as they gently cook the books off balance sheet.

/  August 30, 2018

David ! You can’t say that sort of thing….and just leave it there !.

WHAT has HNZ done ? You can’t be serious. Alas, you can….I wish that I couldn’t believe it.So much for the surplus JA was swanking about. A loan isn’t a surplus !

Part-time PM is about it, I fear. I suppose that people have a vested interest in carrying her. It’s a bit hard on the country, though.

/  August 30, 2018

I’m wondering what Alison Mau’s thoughts on this development are.

Hopefully someone will be asking her. 😐

• David

/  August 30, 2018

Oh god I forgot about that Gezza that is hilarious, lets promote a workplace bully because she is a she.
          Look Kitty its just cabinet and the party that she cant run the country will be fine on auto pilot.