Winston Peters on Morning Report

An interesting interview on Morning Report. Kim Hill is a rarity amongst interviewers, she gave at least as good as she got.

Yes, he did hear correctly.

The interview:

Previous Post

1. Reply
  2. robertguyton

/  September 17, 2018

Winston said the Government is working as it should.

3. Corky

/  September 17, 2018

”He won’t say where he is sitting in the car.”

I would say he’s sitting on Jacindas lap with his hands on the steering wheel. Jacinda meanwhile is smiling and waving to passerby’s.

*passers by.
      Please don’t get angry about this – I like your stuff.

• lurcher1948

/  September 17, 2018

Has anyone noticed,no one ever mentions the late departed National party or their tempory leader Simon Bridges, it’s as if there no opposition so Jacindas star is still shining brightly and Simon mumbles on trying to get traction.

/  September 17, 2018

I’m not angry. A prat confirmed is a prat known.

I’m not angry.
          Good. The last thing I want is to be called a nasty name for just being helpful.

A prat confirmed is a prat known.
          Exactly. That’s why I let you know the correct one to use next time.

All good. Cheers Corky. 👍🏼

• Maggy Wassilieff

/  September 17, 2018

Not a nice image to digest with my breakfast.

/  September 17, 2018

Be strong, Maggy. I was gagging as I wrote those immortal words. Pity I got *passers by* wrong. I may have been published..

4. robertguyton

/  September 17, 2018

Where, in the car are you sitting, is a stupid question and of course Winston would dismiss it.

• Ray

/  September 17, 2018

Watching Robert Guyton defending Winston Peters, just so the Greens can have some crumbs from the table, has to be the saddest thing of the decade.

/  September 17, 2018

It must be a Hummer ,left treadmarks all over Bill and Simons…face.

• robertguyton

/  September 17, 2018

If all it takes to keep The Greens in Government, Ray, is for me to support Winston here, I’ll do it! (Good deal).

• PDB

/  September 17, 2018

You may need a long tongue then Robert, hope you clean your beard on a daily basis.

• robertguyton

Long tongue?
            Don’t you mean, long spoon?

• PDB

/  September 17, 2018

No. I was meaning both your tongue and beard will need daily cleaning and sanitizing if you are willing to suck up to Winston for the next two years.

• robertguyton

/  September 17, 2018

How does “suck up to Winston” involve a tongue and beard?
              Are you mixing your metaphors somehow…or something?

5. Zedd

/  September 17, 2018

How sad…… a real MMP Govt. actually won the election.. ‘Winners are Grinners’ : Jacinda, Winston & James/Marama 🙂 🙂 😀

/  September 17, 2018

Winston’s a sinner having Jacinda for dinner. No room for Greens on his plate.

• Zedd

@AW

please explain ??

Its a Govt. of: Lab/NZF & The Greens in Coalition !

you really need to forget the FPP thinking Alan.. so 20th century of you 🙂

/  September 17, 2018

Just observing, Zedd. Don’t have to think about it.

• PDB

/  September 17, 2018

Winston says it is a Labour/NZL First Coalition govt with support from the Greens.

• robertguyton

That’s right.

• PDB

/  September 17, 2018

Glad you agree then that Zedd is wrong (as usual).

/  September 17, 2018

Let me translate the big words for you, Robert. The Labour NZF Coaition Government means that they make all the decisions. The Greens’ commitment to confidence and supply means that they must vote for everything the others want to spend money on and must keep them in power whatever they do.

• robertguyton

/  September 17, 2018

I’m agreeing that Winston said it, as you claimed, PDB.

• PDB

/  September 17, 2018

Tough choice then deciding if Zedd or Winston is wrong/lying as it comes so naturally for them.

• robertguyton

/  September 17, 2018

I never accuse anyone here of lying, as you so often do, PDB. It’s unseemly.

• PDB

/  September 17, 2018

I call it as I see it Robert.

• robertguyton

/  September 17, 2018

Well, it’s all opinion, PDB so you are choosing to call people liars. You don’t have to. It’s unseemly.

• PDB

/  September 17, 2018

If not lying over and over then blind ignorance then…your choice.

Zedd below: “my understanding: Lab/NZF are in cabinet & Greens are C&S partners.. ALL are in a coalition Govt”.

Wikipedia: “Following negotiations with the two major parties, New Zealand First leader Winston Peters announced on 19 October 2017 that his party would form a coalition government with Labour.[1] That same day, Green Party leader James Shaw announced that his party would give confidence and supply to the 55 seat Labour–NZ First government.[2] The Greens’ support, plus the coalition, resulted in 63 seats to National’s 56—enough to ensure that Ardern maintained the confidence of the House”.

/  September 17, 2018

Zedd’s not lying. It’s an understandable misunderstanding. It’s a complicated sort of arrangement because only NZF & Labour have a coalition agreement, but the female* party has a confidence & supply agreement only – yet they have Ministers with government portfolios. I don’t think they attend coalition cabinet meetings, but I can’t remember how this all works. I imagine it’s set out somewhere in all the blub that got handed out yesterday.

I think most people think of the Female Party Ministers as being broadly part of the coalition government. They certainly think of it as an NZF/Labour/Female Party government.

*officially, still the Green party

• robertguyton

/  September 17, 2018

“The Female Party”! I get it – adult humour, right?? Working’ on me big-belly chuckle.

/  September 17, 2018

That is how I see it nowadays robert. I don’t care if you or anybody else larfs or not. I see women as men’s equals, in status & value & respect, so no issues there – but I see that party as aiming predominantly directly at females now.

• robertguyton

/  September 17, 2018

There’s heaps of them. Prolly a good strategy, Clint! Go The Greens!!

/  September 17, 2018

There’s heaps of them. Prolly a good strategy, Clint! Go The Greens!!

It might be, but if it gets too much of a radical feminist sorta-anti-men dictatorial feel (JAG) it might drive off both normal well-balanced, happy, successful women and men who might otherwise have been sympathetic to some of their platforms.

I think the FemGreens are useful to Labour because Labour has some genuine policy sympathies that are potentially electorally risky and it’s a sound strategy to let the Greens front for those.

If all goes well it’s a win-win. If not, there’s the ability to ring fence Labour policy and say ok but that’s their policy.

• Zedd

/  September 17, 2018

my understanding: Lab/NZF are in cabinet & Greens are C&S partners.. ALL are in a coalition Govt. 🙂

how many grains of salt are needed… AW/PDB ?

/  September 17, 2018

I explained it for you and Robert quite clearly, Z. No marks for that answer.

6. lurcher1948

/  September 17, 2018

Hell Mark Sainsbury keeps referring back to the Clarke govt.Mark Clarke departed the scene 10 years ago much to everyone’s joy as she was a control freak,and H2 and her were becoming VERY unpopular so labour was kicked out as Key was the new fresh hope on the horizon.

7. PDB

/  September 17, 2018

It must be said that based on this interview if Winston is the brains behind this govt then we are all in deep shit. The guy is losing it.