Open Forum – Saturday

20 October 2018

Forum

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you.

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts.

Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts.Comments from other forums can be repeated here, cut and paste is fine.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.

FIRST TIME COMMENTERS: Due to abuse by a few, first comments under any ID will park in moderation until released (as soon as possible but it can sometimes take a while).

Sometimes comments will go into moderation or spam automatically due to mistyped ID, too many links (>4), or trigger text or other at risk criteria.

Free speech is an important principle here but some people who might pose a risk to the site may be limited.

Next Post

1. Corky

/  October 20, 2018

Apparently 30 million Britons now live in areas where their banking and building society outlets have halved in recent years. Tough luck if you happen to be a pension who doesn’t have a computer.

I have noticed in Aotearoa more businesses becoming angsty if you pay by cash like I do. Customers are left in no doubt they are inconvenient. ” I”ll have to get the cash box from the back. We don’t use it that often,” was the reply I recently had thrown at me

And I get charged a paper bill by my telecommunication and power companies. I would have thought sending out an account is part of doing business. Apparently not.

As I have said before..once cash disappears from circulation, our lives as free individuals are over. Many people wont be able to get their heads around that.

/  October 20, 2018

Cash is still king in the black economy Corkey.

Most people who use it do so for a…reason. 😉

/  October 20, 2018

Correct. They use cash so they don’t have to be ripped off by their government. They use cash so the government doesn’t kown what they spend their money on.

What you have written is the lame excuse hawkers of the cashless society are using to justify removing hard currency from the market place.

India has removed their highest denomination note last time I checked. Indians I have talked to said it’s been a disaster with much inconvenience.

/  October 20, 2018

Not wanting the government to know how much money one has, and using cash to avoid the tax on transactions is called tax evasion and is a serious offence.

I don’t think that the government gives a stuff what people spend their money on. I have just ordered some sheets online; I can’t imagine that being of any interest to anyone except me and Briscoes.

Like most people I know, I use eftpos for convenience and carry small amounts of cash .It’s odd that a shop didn’t have a till, I don’t know any shop that doesn’t have one and ring up transactions on it. Cash boxes in shops???

/  October 20, 2018

India has reinstated one of the high amount notes.

They had good reason for removing the large notes as worldwide these are used for criminal transactions. India went about it the wrong way, that’s all.

/  October 20, 2018

Yes, same here. I think it’s time to make noises about shifting to another supplier and getting that deducted for another 12 months. I’ve just let it go & I shouldn’t.

/  October 20, 2018

I don’t have paper accounts for anything but the rates; I am with Orcon and Contact. I would think that all telcos and powercos do online accounts (bills) on request by now.

• lurcher1948

/  October 20, 2018

Corky where is this Maori suburb called aoteàroa,we all live in New Zealand not some Maori made up place

2. Corky

/  October 20, 2018

Somebody get these people a Cloud Buster. Just shows great nations don’t know everything.

/  October 20, 2018

I would imagine that whoever’s doing this in China is not likely to be taken in by pseudoscience that’s been debunked long ago.

3. Corky

/  October 20, 2018

People think I belong to the tin foil hat brigade. Of course they are right. Anyone who thinks the government can’t zap you is living in lala land.

However, the government needs to realise technology can be used by anyone..if they have access to such technology.

Case in point:

/  October 20, 2018

How did they stop the Chileans and Chinese working there and nearby from being ‘zapped’?

4. Kitty Catkin

/  October 20, 2018

I read that the LLCoal are seriously considering annual taxes on baches. As bach owners pay rates, how can this be justified? Politics of envy.

5. “Bridges repeats in the clip that ‘we’re talking about one bad egg’ but it’s clear he was bosom buddies with that one bad egg for a decade and more.”

/  October 20, 2018

It happens. You can have no idea what people are really like until they do something that makes you look back at their history. How many people in the Greens knew they were bosom buddies with a benefit fraudster (who’s been dropped like a dirty rag now) after doing all that damage trying to promote herself thru it?

/  October 20, 2018

I remember how I loved ‘Uncle H*****’, big, smiling, handsome and attractive, everyone’s friend….except his much smaller wife. My mother went to visit P**** one day, as she hadn’t seen her for a while, and the door was shoved shut when she opened it. My mother forced it open and found P**** with black eyes, missing teeth and other injuries. He was a policeman, and a community constable, liked by everyone, the kind who has articles written about him. It’s still hard to reconcile the two sides of this man; the kind uncle who made a little child-sized armchair for me and the brute. Street angel. house devil..

6. Corky

/  October 20, 2018

I saw Bridges crawling to Indians on the news. Bad look. Looked so insincere. I feel so embarrassed when I think back to myself laughing at the Canadian PM going native.

Please somebody in National… do the numbers. This chap needs to be dealt with.

/  October 20, 2018

Nope. You’re not thinking properly. Have you just had a sugar rush from a raspberry bun maybe Corks. If they dump Bridges now it looks like the ratfink in their house was right and they’re trying to get rid of the problem to distract everyone. He’s still got some miles in him for now because all Ross has managed to do is make himself look evil and Simon look embarrassed for being sucked in by a nasty little rat trading on his honesty.

/  October 20, 2018

My raspberry buns are organic. Sweetened with coconut sugar ( GI 35). So sugar spikes aren’t a problem. What you are missing is Bridges is still an incompetent leader, that won’t change. Why create another upheaval down the track? A new leader could say they never supported the Waka Jumping Legislation and they will used it without hesitation. That allows National to save face.

/  October 20, 2018

No. Ok. Have you accidentally taken a double dose of something that in that amount temporarily distorts your perception of time & space? Think back. These things can happen & you only notice it when your supplies are running out more quickly than they ought to be.

Dumping him now reeks of covering up some dirty illegal activities. Wait & see what other evidence The Rat produces. It’s all been damp squibs so far & I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not only kipping on the sofa when he’s home, he’s wearing steel undies just in case he falls asleep.

I’m not forgetting Bridges is hopeless but he might puck up a few sympathy votes in polls at the moment, it’s the National Party vote that might take the big hit. They might need to get rid of Goodfellow & that Hamilton character or they’ll look shonky as Labour’s GM & Pres & their party did over covering up that awful boozy drunken sex fiend on the loose youth camp disaster.

There’s plenty of time to roll him after Christmas. By then Ross will probably be a gibbering wreck.

/  October 20, 2018

Also a new leader can’t say they supported the waka jumping legislation & use it after voting against it without looking like as big a liar as Ross. Nobody wants that reputation. They’d be screwed. Bridges can use that legislation now. Ross has changed the rules by changing his mind & showing how National didn’t realise what an unrecognised psychopath in their ranks could do. I’ve always supported the waka jumping legislation anyway & I think everyone with a working brain & even some small number of Labour tribals would forgive him in the circumstances, seeing assassinations are completely out of the question for very good reasons in this country. The Greens shouldn’t really object after what they do to principled members who don’t follow the Feminists Can Be Frauds Party Line.

• PartisanZ

/  October 20, 2018

… You are somebody in National, aren’t you Corky? Can’t you do something about it?

But look, someone from National has gotta front-up to Royal Commissions on Electoral Finance and Chinese influence on the Party … The Blue Reds as they’re becoming known …

Not a nice task or a good look for a new leader, is it?

/  October 20, 2018

”You are somebody in National, aren’t you Corky? Can’t you do something about it?”

You jest. 😄

I do not when I say Nationals fortunes can change for the better in a blink of an eye. Best you show contrition now..and I will go easy on you when things turn.

7. Corky

/  October 20, 2018

Muslims tell Infidel how it is. Don’t talk to women, lie, and get away from us even if you have a legal right to be where you are standing.

And still the ignorant ask: what is the problem?