Open Forum – Friday

16 November 2018

Forum

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you.

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts.

Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts.Comments from other forums can be repeated here, cut and paste is fine.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.

FIRST TIME COMMENTERS: Due to abuse by a few, first comments under any ID will park in moderation until released (as soon as possible but it can sometimes take a while).

Sometimes comments will go into moderation or spam automatically due to mistyped ID, too many links (>4), or trigger text or other at risk criteria.

Free speech is an important principle here but some people who might pose a risk to the site may be limited.

Next Post

1. lurcher1948

/  November 16, 2018

Judith Collins, not a very nice person on AM,its ALLWAYS someone else’s fault except Judiths but some here like her ..not PM material

/  November 16, 2018

Definitely not PM material – agree there. Appeals to the authoritarians in the National Party, but would make them un-electable to government.

• robertguyton

They are that now.

Idiot.

/  November 16, 2018

Of course they, dunderhead. There hasn’t even been an election called. 😐

WTF are you making wine out of ? Datura flowers ? o_O

• A slew of personal insults because I suggested that National are unelectable? How unkind and unnecessary; other posters here make similar comments about Labour, NZ1st and The Greens regularly, yet you don’t accuse them of being idiots, or of being under the influence of psychotropic drugs. Still, I’m always willing to learn. At what point, Gazza, do you consider it would be correct to call a party “unelectable? It seems you believe that if Judith Collins was elected leader of the National Party, they’d become unelectable.

/  November 16, 2018

Whoops. Sorry robert. I was down in the stream trying to summon Elvira but I think she must be asleep as she didn’t respond to the usual stimulus. A baby eel did though, so I watched that for a while and fed the pooks down there seeing they came over. Then I did a bit of weeding on the back yard of the estate. I’ve only just come inside and seen that you’ve replied; so my apologies for my lateness, but this is the first opportunity I’ve had to just ignore whatever you’ve said.
              1.40 pm

• robertguyton

/  November 16, 2018

Yes, very good. I thought a sensible question would have you a’scamperin’. No worries, Gezza.

eh?

• robertguyton

/  November 16, 2018

“Of course they, dunderhead.”
              I was asking regarding the lead-up to this gem.

Why?

😮

Oh. Sorry robert. That should’ve said:

Of course they are, dunderhead.

Apologies for the error. I was in a hurry. I decided to level the ground and mow the grass over the fence where I’m trying to encourage Sweety & Bluey to eat their wheat. They hop into my yard to do this and then of course young Alex turns and whines & cries incessantly because they’ve disappeared and he’s missing out. The long grass was a challenge for my handmower. In the end I had to go over it all, cutting it with some seven-inch-long blade long-handled shears, before I could get the push-mower over it. A tuff job, but it should get easier after a couple more mows over the next few days. The things I do for my pooks mate. They never thank me, you know.

Grr
              *then of course young Alex turns up,/i> and whines & cries incessantly
              Soz.

Fk !

/  November 16, 2018

Are the shears horizontal ? The Warehouse used to sell these, but now they don’t, although the man who works in that department said that they were a best selling item. I have some that open vertically but don’t like them much. I put my old horizontal ones out in the Inorganic Collection, as I didn’t know where to have them sharpened and thought that I could just go in and buy new ones.

If yours are like this, where did you find them?

@Kitty

Hang on – I’ll take a pic and post it here …

@ Kitty

I got them about 25 years ago, from Mitre 10 or Placemakers I think.

Gotta go, off to ma’s. I’m cooking her roast pork belly, roast spuds, served with gravy – and with carrots, broccoli and cauliflower for her dinner tonite. Back here after we’ve watched 1ewes at 6 up at her place….

2. Corky

/  November 16, 2018

A constitution for New Zealand that will never be. Most of the populace just wouldn’t be able to get their heads around it. And those in power that could, would do everything to stop this heresy. Political Turkeys don’t vote for a Xmas constitution.

Lindsay Perigo ??

Should be Kiwiland, btw. Please get on board with this name, Corks. I need to build support for this.

• PartisanZ

/  November 16, 2018

It’s a Constitution for New Friedland …

“No compulsory taxation or involuntary contribution” … I guess its a nice thought for many who can already afford it … but what does Mr Perigo do next time he’s sick and needs a hospital? Go private?

This Constitutional model assumes “free enterprise” will take care of everything, whereas in reality we know it never did and we know it won’t. That’s the reason we have what remains of Social Security.

When Mr Perigo has an accident driving his expensive car (although Lord knows how it gets into the country) on the sad, neglected, unkempt, patchwork, gravel and grassy roads of New Friedland, who’s he gonna call … Ghost Busters?

Which Police, Fire Emergency and Ambulance service is going to come to him?

This is a Thanksgiving Dinner Menu produced by Political Turkeys.

/  November 16, 2018

Like I said, Parti, you will have trouble getting your head around such a constitution.

But what if… The poor. The roads. The hospitals? I won’t bother you with the details.

”When Mr Perigo has an accident driving his expensive car.”

He doesn’t have a cent to his name.

Lucky it’s just fantasy, eh Parti? Don’t you worry, any constitution written for New Zealand will have plenty socialism, Treaty Of Waitangi, collective rights above individual rights. Special Maori rights and ethereal ”principles.”

Just the way you like it.

• High Flying Duck

/  November 16, 2018

“New Freeland” sounds a little Orwellian to me. The kind of place run by a brutal dictator.

Helpful Hint Of The Day

Try to avoid getting your mobile in situations where a single grain of wheat can enter the earphones socket.

If, in spite of this advice, this unfortunate event does happen to your mobile, the following should be noted.

1. 1st try and tap it out. If that works cool. Problem solved.
    2. If that doesn’t work, profanities and expletives will only be of psychological benefit & won’t do anything to help extract the grain from the socket.
    3. Try your vacuum cleaner – but if you do, do this before poking anything like a pin or a needle in the hole to try and flick it out, or to try and pierce the grain and pull it out.
    4. If you have already put a pin or a needle in the hole to try and flick out or pierce the grain and pull it out, it will be now be too firmly wedged further in, so forget the vacuum cleaner.
    5. In this case, now is the time to throw caution to the wind – ignore any advice from your mother in law about taking it to Spark – and bang that needle or pin into the grain HARD, several times, and break the little fkr up, then tap out the bits. This will work – and your headphone socket probably will probably still work fine at the end of the procedure.

I know mine does.

4. Corky

/  November 16, 2018

Cikey..internet trolls are trying to bring down an old favourite pawpaw ointment.

Lucas’ ointment is tried and trusted. Trolls aren’t.

• High Flying Duck

/  November 16, 2018

The perennially offended are always on the lookout for new targets. First it was the Talc…now the paw paw!

”The perennially offended.”

I like that, High Flyer. Seems now days you have to offended about something to gain street cred.

5. Corky

/  November 16, 2018

Brave Christian women stands up to Islam. She is right to ask WTF is wrong with her fellow countrymen. I ask myself the same question everyday.

I hope this isn’t in the Herald..I’d hate to be trolled.🙄

6. Corky

/  November 16, 2018

Oh, dear. Winston and Jacinda became very uncomfortable when the Malaysian PM issued a warning to them over China..and the South China Sea.

These merry socialists then booted the media out.

My guess is China has them in their pocket.

/  November 16, 2018

Hard to know. China’s more likely to have the Nats in their pocket I suspect. They’ve got a former-spy school pupil in their lineup, haven’t they?

Jacinda I thought came across very well when dealing with reporters afterward, pointing out that New Zealand supports the rights of all countries tin South China Sea to be able to access its resources, and therefore supports the application of International Law as it relates to this area.

Very diplomatic. And the correct approach, of course.