General chat

“Is there any way we could have a thread for the more lightweight stuff like music and general chat?”

Do it here. Please no personal attacks or bickering. Anything abusive, provocative or inflammatory may be deleted.

Written for her daughter

• phantom snowflake

/  November 30, 2018

Very nice! One of the few instances of “country/pop” that doesn’t make me wanna puke…

/  November 30, 2018

I thought you’d like it. It’s so apt, so beautifully written and so pleasantly arranged. It’s better watching versions with images and lyrics than the official video.

2. phantom snowflake

Suddenly, without warning, through a time warp from 1982:

3. Mother

/  November 30, 2018

In the last few days, through my debut experience on Your NZ, I gained strength. Is there anybody who would like to discuss the pros/cons fairness/unfairness of a person being put out of Christian fellowship? I was put out amidst a flurry of political deceit. This was one wrong within a community saga, some aspects of which broke my heart. I am keen to share my story and I am able to name people (relatively safely – the evidence I hold is strong), however with respect for PG’s safety, I won’t name anybody, nor places and I will do my best to divert guesses. My forray into Your NZ is a part of my effort to continue healing (the least of my pain is caused by the trespass order, although being stripped of speaking rights is nasty indeed). I now have strong opinions about the way forward for Church in NZ. As for personal healing, I find that taking action on my ideas is helpful. It was this practise which led to me being put out of fellowship. Any questions/comments? I intend to visit the general chat for however long it takes me to get the answers to my own questions. Kind regards

/  November 30, 2018

Much as I would love to answer this, I think that Open Forum would be a better place.

Or even a guest post ???

4. mark

/  November 30, 2018

you have been hurt by wayward people who sway a perfectly good system. generally their is protection for whistleblowers. Bullying and intimidation must stop and the bullies should be called out. Keep your faith and be brave

See comment above 🙂

• Mother

/  November 30, 2018

OK. I will shift it to Open Forum. And no, there is no protection for the whistleblowers in the PCANZ. Quite the opposite. It is no end of abuse and negligence. They have a pathetic system for complaints. I have much to say.

/  November 30, 2018

Oh, good. I wouldn’t mind it having one to itself, if PG would allow it.

5. Kitty Catkin

/  November 30, 2018

Whenever I see corded mice for sale, it reminds me of the ghastly job of cleaning the little buggers in the bad old days when they were clogged and wouldn’t move….eeeeekkkkk!!!!

/  November 30, 2018

The pooks have built another nest. Sweety Pook has laid more eggs. I know this because:

1. Now only either Sweety or Bluey comes for some wheat with young Alex.
    2. When I feed the two who have come for wheat, there is always at some point a single double-erk call from somewhere in the foliage over the far side that they always use to tell me they see me. I don’t know why they do this.
    3. Bluey has stopped trying constantly & unashamedly to get his leg over with Sweety at every opportunity.

It possible one or more of the new pooklets this time might survive if Alex is able to help with the relays of pooklet feeding and child-minding. There were two months between the births of Pickles and Jojo and Pickles assisted in raising Jojo when she was a baby.