Open Forum – Friday

22 February 2019

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you, or you think may interest others..

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts. Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts. Comments from other forums can be repeated here, cut and paste is fine.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.

FIRST TIME COMMENTERS: Due to abuse by a few, first comments under any ID will park in moderation until released (as soon as possible but it can sometimes take a while).

Sometimes comments will go into moderation or spam automatically due to mistyped ID, too many links (>4), or trigger text or other at risk criteria. If they pass muster they will be released as soon as possible (it can sometimes take hours).

Next Post

1. lurcher1948

/  22nd February 2019

Take it easy today,there a heaps of upset rich pricks out there looking for scapegoats to take their frustrations out on.

/  22nd February 2019

Yeah, rich pricks who have sacrificed and built businesses up over many years.

Still, hats off to Labour..it will be an election issue. An issue average Kiwi’s need to get their heads around. Too many of them believe a tax cut offset will make things alright. It won’t.

Meanwhile.. have you ever wonder why I call the Left – ‘Da Fillfy Left.”- Lurchy?

Here’s why:

• lurcher1948

/  22nd February 2019

You are trying to convert someone who doesn’t give a sh*t Corky…ps my wife said the other day we are comfortable middle class,at no we didn’t rip of NZs gaining our assests

/  22nd February 2019

I’m not trying to covert you, Lurchy. This whole blog knows you are irredeemable.
          I’m the only one who engages you. I do that because you need a good kicking for espousing anti -National sentiments.

/  22nd February 2019

Bollocks. I often have a kindly word or suggestion for my neighbour, Lurchy, just down the motorway where it rains a lot more in Winter than here.

• lurcher1948

/  22nd February 2019

We are in the mist today Gezza,PS do i listen to HDPA or the knuckle dragging RIGHTWING Peter Williams,first world problems

/  22nd February 2019

I just went out and had a look around. Yep – you would be in the mist today. I can see it obscuring our Eastern, Western and Southern hilltops. Clear air here at ground level Pookden Manor. Been raining on an off since early morning by the look of it. Stream’s up a bit. Grey skies. I blame the Greens.

Peter Williams, I reckon.

• lurcher1948

/  22nd February 2019

I can see why the”rich prick”National party MPs are upset.

• lurcher1948

/  22nd February 2019

Check out the”rich pricks” in Parliament,focus on Mr 6% Simon Bridges properties,but remember hes fighting for your average kiwi middle class person to the death or till hes rolled

/  22nd February 2019

You must have missed One News, Lurchy. They polled some ministers on property they owned.

Some of those Lefties… wouldn’t know the working class if they fell over them 😃😃👌

2. Blazer

/  22nd February 2019

poor bloke ,has 80 homes …why are people worried if only speculators will be caught out..

• High Flying Duck

/  22nd February 2019

He’s an investor. Speculators are already taxed so will not be caught out.

3. Blazer

/  22nd February 2019

‘For example a standard 10mm plasterboard panel sells in New Zealand at between $6 and $11 depending on the place of purchase’—-where??

• duperez

/  22nd February 2019

I read the Kohn opinion piece and it’s put my mind at ease. We are paying what we should pay for building materials and blaming those costs as a factor and the way the supply chain for those materials works is not fair.

I haven’t had time to properly consider his observations of costs not being lower because of unique designs and “one-off” elements in build and contemplate the wisdom of a North Korea approach to having every building the same and hence so much cheaper.

No time as I had to sort out the crap from the parcel of pigs which just flew over. I think their leader’s called Bruce.

4. Finbaar Rustle

/  22nd February 2019

Yet another marvelous week for Labour in parliament.
    I think it has become crystal clear that Labour has
    the personal the policy and the passion to carry out these reforms.
    After years of dithering from national this courageous Labour team
    is driving essential change so all Kiwis can live more prosperous and happy lives.
    Well done Labour.

/  22nd February 2019

don’t be so ..hard on yourself…Corky.

/  22nd February 2019

I’d be very worried that what Mike Hosking says is seen as ‘educating’ by anyone !

/  22nd February 2019

It’s not so much the teacher..more the pupils ability to understand.

/  22nd February 2019

Well, yes; anyone who looks to that source for educatiion must be pretty dim to start with. Who on earth WOULD ?

/  22nd February 2019

Hang on, I’ll have a look.

/  22nd February 2019

Wearing Kate’s Blazer again. I have no idea why he bothered with that one. Nobody cares about that issue. They just care about how what the government does affects them in real terms.

/  22nd February 2019

You may remember I said a while back the upcoming buget(s) will be the most lavish
          ever seen in NZ’s history.That is yet to be seen.. but given what Mikey was talking about, the ground work has been laid.

5. High Flying Duck

6. High Flying Duck

/  22nd February 2019

Calvin and Hobbes was very underrated:

7. Corky

/  22nd February 2019

Good decent refugee arrested. Apparently I shouldn’t be reporting this because it smacks of white supremacy and Muslim bashing. But, what the hell! It doesn’t really matter that much now, anyway.

8. Corky

/  22nd February 2019

This is an interesting case. I know of a toddler under two years old who has just finished a course with my Chiropractor for a head tilt that doctors said may need surgery at a later date.
    The problem has resolved after treatment.

However, no manipulation was used for treating the baby. When I asked my Chiro if he would use manipulation, he made it quite clear that wouldn’t be happening because in his opinion manipulation was extremely dangerous to use on toddlers.

/  22nd February 2019

It’s odd that a chiropractor wouldn’t use manipulation.

It’s not odd that you just happen to know someone who….was this child yet another whanau member ?

/  22nd February 2019

Yes, as a matter of fact it was my niece’s child. Unbeknown to me my Chiro and his wife have a good reputation for treating toddlers. My niece was referred to him by another mother, not me. Forceps births can cause many problem for babies.

”If it ‘may need surgery’, surely it still will need it…or did you mean that it would have needed it ?”

I wrote:

”The problem has resolved after treatment.”

You should have some treatment. My guess is you have major cervical subluxations.

• lurcher1948

/  22nd February 2019

You seem to get into dodgy situations Corky,is it an”awake”rightwing thing????

/  23rd February 2019

Sometimes, Lurchy..you have to take your lumps. Always bend..but never break.

/  22nd February 2019

Personal insults and trolling again when your fantasies are challenged; you accuse other people of this, but find it acceptable in yourself. You also seem to be using words whose meaning you don’t know.

I suspect that this child doesn’t exist, any more than your trip to Europe did.

/  22nd February 2019

”Saying that it may need surgery means exactly that; it may need surgery. In other words, there is a chance that it will do so; this is basic English usage.

You then contradicted this by saying that the problem has resolved (been resolved, I suppose you mean) after treatment.”

What arrant nonsense. It’s fun watching you try and worm your way out of your predicament.

Again, you show poor manners and net etiquette by trying to correct someones grammar. It shows your picky thread wasting attitude.

I suggest you have that adjustment.

/  22nd February 2019

I suggest that you stop trolling and pinching other people’s phraseology (arrant nonsense) as well as resorting to personal abuse when you are shown not to have a case.

A basic knowledge of English would show that I am right here. The predicament is yours as you try to abuse and troll your way out of it.

I think that you mean that it’s fun watching YOU trying to worm your way out of a predicament, like your attempt not to admit that you had not been through the chunnel.

/  22nd February 2019

What a surprise; what you describe is not among the complications of a forceps delivery !

Oh dear.

/  22nd February 2019

Again your ignorance is on display. Remember, I told you not to comment on things you know nothing about. That’s why I’m trying to educate you with the clip above.

/  22nd February 2019

YOU educating ME ??? YOU educating ANYONE ?

You cannot be serious.

You constantly talk about things you know nothing about; look at your nonsense about WINZ and what they pay for. You make things up to ‘prove’ what you say. You told Possum that she wasn’t Maori, although two people here KNOW HER. You told me that I lived on a Widow’s (benefit) although this no longer exists…you said that you’d been on the train from England to France,,,

/  22nd February 2019

If you don’t believe me on this, look up the complications of forceps births on the ignorant websites of various hospitals and medical organisations !

/  22nd February 2019

Living off the past.? Like I said, I can’t comment of that because I was moderated thanks to your mock aggrieved act.

However, I’ve learnt my lesson. Everything you spout is now bookmarked and hard copied. I learn from my mistake…THANKYOU.

BTW.. my relly bought a lawn mower yesterday..161cc LawnMaster 18 inch cut..guess what? 😃

/  22nd February 2019

”You tried to convince people that Merck Sharp Dohme would send the results of medical tests to anyone who asked for them…they don’t seem to agree.”

No, I wasn’t interested in convincing anyone. Nobody was interested..just you..I wonder why?

I asked you to contact them. You weren’t interested. But you make these accusations.

If you are on statins you should contact them. Of the three test I was given, two showed lack of Q10 synthesis by the liver was a concern. The
              remaining test was inconclusive.

Look, if it worries you that much, why not contact MSD and explain your angst about me. I’m sure they wont hesitate to contact Pete should they think I’m full of bs.

Scurry off now… 🙄

• phantom snowflake

/  22nd February 2019

I don’t think Corks realises that if he’s bookmarking & printing off every utterance of Kitty’s, she’s already won.

• Mother

/  22nd February 2019

Why the need to win? Middle grounders enjoy life best. I thought this was a political blog. I’m with Corky.

/  22nd February 2019

Thank God someone is. What sort of state is he in?

/  22nd February 2019

Crikey…Lol 😃 So much to choose from. Let’s try this.

Snowflake:

”Corky: I’m not wanting to be part of a ‘pile-on’ so I’ll be brief and somewhat restrained, but even your comment about the mower is spurious. It’s a very long time since ‘cut width’ was measured in inches…”

Really..you haven’t had a new mower recently have you. Most of the places I went to talked in inches.

Check the ads . Most use metric and imperial measures.

No hard feelings.

Gezza:

”Sounds a bit obsessive to me Corks. Please don’t take this the wrong way but I wonder if you might benefit from speaking to another professional than a chiropractor?”

Why? Sounds like common sense to me. Are you telling me I should stand by and let Kitty hit me with the same allegations time and again?

Hell no.

Where is she? Since you turned up she’s gone.

Maybe it’s mower envy given she has a push job?😃

Mother:

You are a gem. No one can stand against the light… as these ne’re -do -wells have discovered.

• phantom snowflake

/  22nd February 2019

Corky: Nope. All LawnMaster mowers, the brand which you mentioned, have a cut width which is measured in centimetres, not inches. Obviously this is a trivial matter, but as you expend considerable time and energy trying to catch people out I think you are owed this one.

/  22nd February 2019

Nope, wrong again. Both measurements are used.

If you had any perceptions you would realise it’s Kitty who tries catch me out. I just finish the matters she starts..likewise with others when they try to rescue her.

Remember I also said most shops still talk in inches.

No hard feelings.

/  22nd February 2019

If you had any perceptions you’d realise you’re the only one she consistently sucks in & plays with for hours until she tires of it.

/  22nd February 2019

”Corks, you are simply Kittys furry little plaything. She chose her pseudonym well.”

Of course I am. No one is that thick or obtuse with their comments as Kitty’s is with her posts. She is a simple troll.

Of course, you have forgotten to ask why I put up with it..and what do I get out of it.

/  22nd February 2019

I don’t need to. I already know why. So does she. That’s why you’re her plaything.

/  23rd February 2019

Sorry, ducky, you don’t have the right to dictate what people say here. Or to decide what people know; you are hardly the person to decide that.

9. lurcher1948

A good cartoon

Bomber hits it on the spot