Trump cherry picks Cohen ‘truth’ from ‘lies’, ignores chain of collusion

This is very funny.

Newshub:  Trump says Cohen telling the truth about collusion

US President Donald Trump has criticised his former lawyer Michael Cohen for lying in testimony to Congress but found reason to praise him, too, for not alleging Mr Trump’s campaign colluded with Russia in 2016.

Mr Trump, speaking at a news conference in Vietnam after failing to achieve a peace deal with North Korea’s Kim Jong-un, called the blockbuster hearing back in Washington “fake” and said it should not have been scheduled during his trip.

“He lied a lot, but it was very interesting because he didn’t lie about one thing – he said no collusion with the Russian hoax,” Mr Trump said.

“I wonder why he didn’t lie about that too like he did about everything else. I was actually impressed that he didn’t say, ‘well, I think there was collusion for this reason or that’. He didn’t say that.”

And even with this cherry picking Trump is making a false claim – “he said no collusion with the Russian hoax” is false. Cohen said he hadn’t seen evidence of Trump colluding with Russia. Cohen’s testimony:

“Questions have been raised about whether I know of direct evidence that Mr. Trump or his campaign colluded with Russia. I do not. I want to be clear. But, I have my suspicions.”

‘Collusion’ seems to have become the key phrase in discussing the Mueller investigation (more about that soon). Trump and most others don’t yet know exactly what Mueller has discovered. But there is evidence of a chain of collusion.

Trump obviously colluded with Cohen, with Paul Manafort, with Roger Stone. The first two have been convicted in relation to that, Stone is still being processed through court.

Stone colluded with WikiLeaks (with Trump’s knowledge according to Cohen), and it is claimed that WikiLeaks colluded with Russia.

Fox News:  Michael Cohen testifies about Trump, Roger Stone-WikiLeaks plot at House hearing

Fox News:  Cohen lobs bombs at Trump during fiery hearing

He waded into the investigation over Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election, accusing Trump of knowing that an adviser, Roger Stone, was reaching out to WikiLeaks about the publication of stolen Democratic National Committee emails during the campaign. Trump has denied advance knowledge.

On Wednesday, Stone denied the claim, telling Fox News: “Mr. Cohen’s statement is not true.” WikiLeaks also released a statement saying, “WikiLeaks publisher Julian Assange has never had a telephone call with Roger Stone.”

We will find out more about all this in time. But I think there is another issue as  important that Mueller is investigating – did Russia interfere in the US election.

Cohen claims that Trump didn’t think he would win the GOP nomination, and didn’t think he would win the election. Trump was trying to leverage his campaign to advance a hotel project in Moscow – it was mostly business he was after.

I suspect that Russia realised this and suckered Trump – they played him with the hotel deal carrot, and used Trump to put the election campaign into turmoil, and helping Trump get elected was a way to discredit the presidency and the US and democracy.

So far I think Russia has been quite successful. Trump has floundered in a game he was unfamiliar with.

There’s a lot more complexity to this than ‘did Trump collude with Russia,’

1. Corky

/  1st March 2019

Another day, another grind, another investigation going….nowhere at the moment. For me it’s getting to the stage of wishing there was a smoking gun so the world can move forward.
    While it’s funny watching tortured souls hoping today is that day Trump goes down, in some ways it’s not.

2. Patzcuaro

And

3. Finbaar Rustle

/  1st March 2019

The Dem -Rep divide is as wide as ever.
    The political rhetoric is identical who ever is in power.
    The Comies v the Nazis.
    The looney left v the rabid red neck right.
    The same old lines rolled out over and over.
    It seems to work though so lets not change the proven pathway.

4. Mother

/  1st March 2019

It was bound to be very complex with Mr Trump and if the world comes safely through this it will provide decades of mirth.

What I always wonder is how the vice president fares. I think he’s a true servant leader.

I read a book by Reece Howell (I think) many years ago. He was a Welshman who answered God’s call to intercede through prayer. The book explains how WWII was eventually won through the prayers of the saints (and no doubt others) in Mr Howell’s dedicated team.

• Mother

/  1st March 2019

Bingo, Mr Rustle. We’re both here at the same time! You want to talk to me? You were keen when you first arrived on Your NZ. Meet me in Social (if you’re friendly) or Open (if you have issues).

/  1st March 2019

Yes,not only Christians, Mother. Many British occultists laid down their lives for Mother England.

Few understand WW2 was fought both on the material plane and in the astral world.

The modern world may get some understanding of that by using the analogy of cyber warfare v guns and tanks.

• Mother

/  1st March 2019

Yes, I believe that Corky. But they’re delusional. Occultists may lay down their lives but that has nothing to do with saving others truly.

Cyber warfare, yes. Let’s do this!

Mother, I’m sorry, I don’t think you understand. Using your own teachings:

1-Body
          2- Soul
          3- Spirit.

How do you think No2 was fought at its most basic level? Nothing delusion about it.

If you win on level two are you telling me no lives are saved? You must remember a country has a collective psyche.

/  1st March 2019

‘WWII was eventually won through the prayers of the saints ‘

smoke it..Mother.

• Mother

/  1st March 2019

I am not trying to diminish, deny, undermine, disrespect the great sacrifices of brave fighting men (and sometimes women).

There is a movement amongst youth to honour past servicemen and the memory of their sacrifices. I support this.

If there is anyone out there in cyber space reading these comments who know the sacrifice they made for my future – Thank you.

Jesus Christ is the Saviour and the Victor.

• Griff.

• Mother

/  1st March 2019

Occultists like Corky, and the Nazis and the Allies and Christians….they all say that God is with us. Muslims say Allah is great.

As an individual I say, “Jesus Christ is my Saviour and He alone is the Victor.”

Where on earth is Mr Rustle?

/  1st March 2019

He might be your saviour, but your saviour from what?

And if he is the victor, what battles has he won?

These slogans are meaningless. If you want to have a discussion about what in heaven’s name of any relevance these types of slogans are supposed to bring to any discussion about anything you probably ought to write another guest post on them.

And if you don’t want to be challenged on your belief that Christianity is the solution to the ills of today’s world, your comments to that effect are just pointless, in my view.

You cannot even articulate in any practical sense what the Christian ethos is, nor can you endure any debate about why educated people can no longer be expected to seriously embrace Christianity when belief in Christianity relies on giving credibility to all or a cherry picked few pieces from a cobbled together collection of ancient writings that include magic to people with little or no education & that requires constant reinterpretation & regular indoctrination to be able to even be sold to believers.

• Mother

/  1st March 2019

It’s OK Gezza. Keep your hair on please. All I’m doing, as an individual, is holding my own head above water.

You need to tell PG if you can’t cope with my application of free speech here.

/  1st March 2019

I’m simply explaining why your free speech here seems to mostly descend into meaningless twaddle.

• orky

/  1st March 2019

Griff is winding you up, Mother. He has a point though.

Why not stay with orky? I like it. 👍🏼

/  1st March 2019

Yes, you would like that. Then you would suggest people add a D to it.
              😒

/  1st March 2019

No I wouldn’t. I just like orky. It’s pretty unique unless there’s a friendly orca somewhere who gets called that.

• Griff.

P orky .
              As in raspberry bun

/  1st March 2019

Hmm. Yeah, ok. Maybe stick with Corky.

/  1st March 2019

I was wondering whose side he…was on…what a loser!🤣

• Finbaar Rustle

/  1st March 2019

I like the way National has worked the “N” into their new insignia for the 2020 election 🙂
        But they need to correct the spelling to GotmyNZ 🙂

• Duker

/  1st March 2019

new for 2020, its that the one that was ‘refreshed’ back in 2017 , or is a newer version out as a ‘discussion document’

5. Blazer

/  1st March 2019

All Trump has done is turn an already turgid, often putrid, confused, corrupted US political system into a blimmin daily circus, lacking in any credibility whatsoever, & providing cheap entertainment to the rest of the world. He’s basically made it the same thing on steroids. It’s worse, not better.

• Griff.

I dont know Gezza.
      Trump is draining a swamp .
      Look at how many of his associates are looking at long prison terms …

/  1st March 2019

Yes but look at the leading lights or current heroes of the Democrats & try & figure out if they have any policy that isn’t actively working against another one espoused by another leading Democrat leading light or has anything going for it other than frustrating Trump. How many of them are funded by the NRA & other shady interests? I think the whole system’s rooted.

7. Pink David

/  1st March 2019

“That’s quite different to “he said no collusion with the Russian hoax”. Trump made that up, as is his habit.”

That is exactly what he said. There is not other reading possible.

“Trump and his associates have done some stupid things in all of this, but I think the stupidest may turn out to be being suckered by the Russians.”

Well, that’s an interesting idea. Trump has been gamed into being US President.

Where was the CIA and FBI in all this?

8. Joe Bloggs

/  1st March 2019

Coming attraction: House Intel will have an open hearing about Trump Tower Moscow with Felix Sater on March 14.