Open Forum – Tuesday

19 March 2019

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you, or you think may interest others..

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts. Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts. Comments from other forums can be repeated here, cut and paste is fine.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.

FIRST TIME COMMENTERS: Due to abuse by a few, first comments under any ID will park in moderation until released (as soon as possible but it can sometimes take a while).

Sometimes comments will go into moderation or spam automatically due to mistyped ID, too many links (>4), or trigger text or other at risk criteria. If they pass muster they will be released as soon as possible (it can sometimes take hours).

Next Post

1. lurcher1948

/  19th March 2019

Peter Fitzsimons has said it all correctly about our PM Jacinda Ardern,so proud to have her as our leader,an observation if all the right can find to moan about is her”pronuncation”proves they the right are floundering

2. Corky

/  19th March 2019

Senator Anning shows free speech is not allowed. And violence will ensue if people don’t like what you stand for.

Sound familiar?

The Aussie Greens, like Egg Boy, smelling an opportunity, want new hate speech legislation.

In fact Senator Anning was wrong. He shouldn’t blame Muslims..blame politicians and bias police.

/  19th March 2019

How unreasonable to oppose hate speech and lies by MPs.

/  19th March 2019

Senator Anning’s words were victim blaming of the most scurrilous type, as well as slandering the victims and NZ Muslims whom he called fanatics.

• lurcher1948

CAUTION angry adult langue
      Senator Fraser Anning isn’t loved and respected at the airport and it shows.

/  19th March 2019

Yep… is that guy abusing him alt-right..or just a typical liberal?

/  19th March 2019

Hard to say. Doesn’t sound like a lawyer or your average churchgoer.

• lurcher1948

/  19th March 2019

I would think even your best friend talks to you like that , Corky going by the Aroha shown to you around here

/  19th March 2019

No, that doesn’t happen to me. I wouldn’t allow it. As for the aroha, who cares, not me. Have I ever worried? I don’t need others validations..unlike you, Lurchy.
            It’s a wonder you don’t ask the blog for permission to fart.😒

3. Mother

Sorry I don’t have the link –

It was the Muslim police lady’s emotional address during a vigil. She says she is proud to be Muslim and she finished with the mantra ‘God willing.’

Kiwis need to beware. Allah is not God.

Pride in our secularism is humanly good. It keeps us ticking along.

The only pride a Christian owns in respect to religion is that Jesus died to save us. There is no attitude of superiority in that.

Beware the confusions re religion. It is too easy to get caught up in apathy when we grieve for humanity.

Jacinda should not be spiritualising everything. It is dangerous. We need to be strong and true in our thinking.

/  19th March 2019

We all know your narrowminded views by now, thank you. There is no need to repeat them like a stuck record. This is not the Fundamentalist Forum of NZ.

/  19th March 2019

It’s Your NZ and I take that seriously. Why are you presuming to speak for everyone?

Heaven knows why you want to cut me out.

I’m not a fundamentalist. And I don’t believe in sticking to what’s comfortable at a time when Kiwis are trying to make diversity work.

The best way to get my posts to cease Kitty is to ignore me. I am really fed up with you and other abusers of free speech. But I feel I can’t quit because I know there will be non commenting readers.

On Friday, people were in shock. I came back to do my bit. I want to be off again. Grief will work through us all as grief does. I never intended to provoke. Apparently though, my words have been thought provoking. Let it be. Some things take time. Some things are never meant to be. I wish you peace.

/  19th March 2019

Other people have said this. It’s not an abuse of free speech to object to someone using a situation as an excuse to air their own beliefs in an irrelevant way.

Your longwinded diatribes are not thought-provoking; they are just annoying. I believe firmly that everyone is entitled to their own religious beliefs, but you don’t seem to respect others’ rights in this area.

/  19th March 2019

I find your interjections from your own life a bit of a wonder at times Kitty. I sometimes wonder how you think that your interjections are adding value to a discussion. I presumed others just politely accept your eccentricities, or simply not read it. Why can’t you also practise tolerance?

/  19th March 2019

Trolling seems rather unChristian. You seem to be fixated on me, which is rather creepy.

/  19th March 2019

No, you insisted on fixating on me. Rather than finding it creepy though, I persevered until your argument about Jacinda playing dress ups crumbled.

• adamsmith1922

/  19th March 2019

Yet again Mother you spew your vile crap. Different people have different belief systems, to denigate a Muslim police woman as you did is despicable.But what we might expect for you.

/  19th March 2019

The only people denigrating others here are you and the like Adam.

Where is the denigration in my post? The only things I said about her as a woman is that she is emotional and proud (I quoted her). What vile crap? I thought she spoke impressively considering her high emotions. She knows how to hold her ground! Good for her.

Before I went out today I noticed that Maureen also applied her usual nasty slurs here. Then, as we do, I wondered if I might reply to that. This is what I had ready –

[Maureen called me a liar without proof, interrupting a conversation.
        Now she presumes the host is sick of me, without proof, continuing to interrupt conversations.]

When I got home I saw that her post was gone.

• adamsmith1922

/  19th March 2019

Your inability to comprehend rational argument makes me very angry. Your wilful ignorance of facts and your reluctance to face reality makes me furious. You are a blot on the landscape.

/  19th March 2019

Angry? Poor man. Can you imagine how the poor victims feel? Or is this all about you?

• MaureenW

/  19th March 2019

My post is still there. I suggested you are a disruptive troll rather than an indoctrinated simpleton.

• MaureenW

Maybe both? Nah!

/  19th March 2019

You also implied that the host is sick of me, again without proof.

[That’s totally unacceptable, both trying to tribute an identity or nationality, and trying blame by association. Especially to blame for something like that. PG]

You’ve told us in the past that you detest all religions. How do you feel about our Muslim community being gravely hurt?

• MaureenW

/  19th March 2019

I didn’t imply the host is sick of you anywhere.
              Born in Christchurch, so wrong on both counts.

/  19th March 2019

I was not blaming you PG. I saw Maureen’s comment earlier where she said I was pushing your patience and that downticks should show that I am not welcome on your site.

I couldn’t find that comment when I looked again.

Maureen has called me a liar and insists on butting in to attack. I don’t think she has ever debated a topic with me to a satisfactory conclusion where the abuse settles down.

/  19th March 2019

I feel incredulous that anyone could be so insensitive to others’ grief as you seem to be Maureen. Your nasty slurs will certainly put off Christians who need to state their hope as I do.

Perhaps the Body of Christ will be heading underground from now on. I’m still not sure and neither are most Christians it seems. I thought I might get some answers by sharing on a secular site. I just can’t believe that this Maureen type rudeness and angst is so prevalent in our country.

/  19th March 2019

Perhaps Maureen is Australian.

Perhaps Kiwis will never experience one of our own cowardly attacking peaceful worshippers. Perhaps the Body of Christ will never need to go underground in our country.

• duperez

/  19th March 2019

Superiority? Confusions? Apathy, humanity, spiritualising? A lot of words in a post about religion. You missed ‘delusion.’

• Griff.

/  19th March 2019

Christianity. The Aramaic word for “God” in the language of Assyrian Christians is ʼĔlāhā, or Alaha. Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, use the word “Allah” to mean “God”. The Christian Arabs of today have no other word for “God” than “Allah”.
      Allah – Wikipedia

4. Mother

/  19th March 2019

At the end of the article the student is quoted that she was at the vigil to protest.

Are vigils for spiritual mourning or political hatred?

We will lose our secularism if there are not enough of us to at least practise a little bit of faith in Jesus Christ.

/  19th March 2019

To be honest, Mother, you would turn many people right off the idea of Christianity.

/  19th March 2019

The issue is about us being a secular society.

Those here whose emotive arguments become abusive rants or personal musings now turn the discussion into the question of ‘what is a Christian?’ This is strange and worrisome. Are our children really being raised and educated within such a culture of immaturity?

The questions –

Should Jacinda play dress ups at such a serious time as this?

What is a Christian?

Adam, I “seek to suggest” that a Christian in this situation is possibly the Kiwi who is willing to approach these questions with personal honest emotional health. Of course I don’t know – God judges, but I have a right to make my suggestion. I also have the right to state how it is with me – my hope is in Jesus Christ the Victor.

Meanwhile – the original issue? It’s wrong for Jacinda to play spiritual dress ups. Do we wish to continue enjoying our secular society? What price would you pay at this time if you could ensure our secular society continues into the next centuries?

/  19th March 2019

Hardly playing dress ups; she didn’t go in a burka.

What you believe is your concern, but I am tiring of hearing about it and also of your constant attempts to put people on the spot.

/  19th March 2019

You’re tired of having to think about evil and its ramifications.

I’m answering to others’ nitpickingly trying to put me on the spot.

Why can’t you just let it go that I have my views and have shared them? Why the insults?

/  19th March 2019

You are using an unspeakable tragedy to push your own views. You go on and on about your views. We have heard them many times, they are trotted out whatever the topic is.

/  19th March 2019

And does telling others about your late husband’s religious icons, and how you put on a scarf to visit the mosque, help us all during this unspeakable tragedy?

I’m just talking Kitty. Same as you. If you ceased nitpicking, I would have nothing to which to give an apt reply.

Stop pushing me, then see what happens. I’m not pushing anything. I’m giving my views. You and a few others are incredibly wound up.

/  19th March 2019

Please don’t tell me what I am thinking. It’s very arrogant to do that.

/  19th March 2019

So when bad things happen to Christians, Jacinda will visit them to seek God’s help through Jesus Christ? She will wear the talk for Christians as she does wear a scarf for Muslims? She wouldn’t dare (I hope) for her own sake, because God does not allow the blaspheming of the Holy Spirit.

I think she would just extend her condolences, share some hugs then get back to the work of government. She would keep her spirituality, or lack of, to herself. This also would be appropriate in the present situation.

I doubt that she is fooling many people and I suspect that the grieving people are numbingly belittled by her display of added drama. This may add to their grief later on.

/  19th March 2019

I think that if a murderer killed 50 churchgoers, any PM would be there. It has nothing to do with their own beliefs.

/  19th March 2019

Kitty thinks “that if a murderer killed 50 churchgoers, any PM would be there. It has nothing to do with their own beliefs.”

Finally! Breakthrough.

Of course, Jacinda should not be playing dress ups ‘for’ the Muslims. Their grief has nothing to do with her beliefs.

She should just be there for them as PM as she would be for any other normal group of Kiwis.

5. lurcher1948

/  19th March 2019

My gods another thing for the right to HATE the SLG for, adjourning Parliament and please silly little girl don’t wear a scarf as a sign of respect as you know it maddens those that hate you

6. Corky

/  19th March 2019

This was bought up on talkback by Mikey this morning. We forget about the victims of terrorism in Africa and other countries. We think mostly of victims in the West. I am guilty of that myself…along with most other people.

That leads to my next point. New Zealand agencies are reviewing whether they have been concentrating on the wrong people, and not enough on White Supremacists.

Here is some of what makes those stats up:

[Deleted – don’t start launching into that here. PG]

Now, given the reaction to Tarrant and proposed gun legislation, intelligence agencies will need to split their resources because

[And don’t start trying to talk up that crap.]

• duperez

/  19th March 2019

Hosking regularly complains about or laments things we do and don’t do. Many of those mutterings are to do with factors associated with the business he is in.

He is in the media business. He and his bosses control what makes up the news. They have decided that the Royal family and the Kardashians are worthy of more attention than victims of terrorism in Africa and other countries. His focus is on controversy and polemics. He seeks events to turn into issues.

/  19th March 2019

Like I said the other day, Far Right Extremists were under observation before the Christchurch attack.

Any inquiry is a waste of time in my opinion. Changes should be made in-house thereby saving money and precious man power.

This isn’t crap..it comes from Andrew Little.

7. lurcher1948

/  19th March 2019

You were very harsh abusing our “commie” PM yesterday Cuck and the use of SLG on talkback doesn’t reflect well on you.At this time in our countries history, Jacinda Ardern is head and shoulders above you,just saying for NZ, she’s dignified,something lacking in your calls to talkback

8. lurcher1948

/  19th March 2019

A very moving session today at Parliament thats all im going to say as it wears you down

9. Zedd

/  19th March 2019

must be time to get my guitar out of it case :/

10. lurcher1948

/  19th March 2019

So the whole of NZ saw Simon Bridges, admitting to lying,on TV1 news,(SHOCK) vote National, GET PORKIES or whats the truth on the day