#ClimateEmergency clash of ideals

I think we should all be considering what we can do to ease human effects on the environment. We can reduce waste, reduce use of polluting technologies, reduce buying things we don’t really need, eat healthier diets (personally and planety).

If everyone lives a bit better it will have a massive overall impact.

But some of those who think they are trying to encourage others to do things a bit better dirty their message with some extreme claims and threats. Like this:

It shouldn’t be a class war. This depiction of violent revolution is counter-productive to getting people to work towards a better, nicer planet.

1. Sunny

/  15th May 2019

“Guillotine the corrupt corporate class.” UnionMcUnionFace is stereotyping corporate people as corrupt and then calling for violence against them. Looks like Supremacy Hate Speech. UMUF might find that corruption can happen in all sectors, including the political sphere, the business sector, the not for profit sector, and the unions as well. Personally I’m a free speech advocate. But if they are planning to have hate speech laws, are they going to be applied consistently.

2. Maggy Wassilieff

/  15th May 2019

The most effective thing we can do to ease human effects on the environment is not to produce children.
    But as that’s not going to be a goer in the grand scheme of things… then we should ensure that we only breed at replacement level.

I can’t take Greens/Environmentalists seriously who have overbred
    (Marama Davidson – 6 children, Al Gore – 4 children, Sue Bradford – 5 children, James Cameron – 4 children, etc)

• Griff.

Nonsense.
      First world has a low birth rate and high emissions.
      Third world has high birth rate and low emissions
      The best way to reduce population growth is to bring the incomes up in the third world .
      Most of the west has issues with not breeding enough for population replacement.
      As to your list .
      Logic fail.
      Fallacy of defective induction.

Hasty generalization is an informal fallacy of faulty generalization by reaching an inductive generalization based on insufficient evidence—essentially making a rushed conclusion without considering all of the variables. In statistics, it may involve basing broad conclusions regarding the statistics of a survey from a small sample group that fails to sufficiently represent an entire population.[3] Its opposite fallacy is called slothful induction, or denying a reasonable conclusion of an inductive argument (e.g. “it was just a coincidence”).

Why can’t you people do joined up thinking?

/  15th May 2019

Bolger had around 9,and English what..6!

Marama Fox has nine.

Jim Bolger and Bill English were not telling other people not to do what they did themselves.

3. Duker

/  15th May 2019

As I commented on Media Watch Tuesday.
    They had to fake a ‘high school experiment’ with CO2 in one glass jars applying low heat ( from terrariums!)

And the Greenhouse effect is real , but not at the scale they tried. So little knowledge from a so called ‘Science Guy Bill Nye’ :glasses and bow tie , check science/teaching credentials !!

You (don’t) astonish me.

I do believe (and practice) low waste, reusing, recycling, not buying unnecessary things, donating good things (a large parcel is about to go to the opshop) and all the rest. I reuse breadbags rather than using a supermarket fruit & veg one (and if I do take one of those, I reuse it)

I won’t, however, risk my sight by using anything other than incandescent bulbs, which I have stockpiled. If two of the UK’s leading eye specialists refuse to use the other bulbs and have stockpiled incandescents, that’s good enough for me. I hate the light from anything other than an incandescent, as it distorts colours and is hard to read by.

4. David

/  15th May 2019

I like to think I do my bit I even drove in Eco mode the other day, albeit briefly and by mistake.

/  15th May 2019

I do like a bit of unintended eco consequences. A family member has been advised by a mechanic to put 98 octane in the car and blast down the motorway to burn off the carbon causing the air pollution sensor to malfunction.

• Duker

/  15th May 2019

What you mean it one of those’old ones’ that doesn’t have an engine mode to burn it off without the driver having to concern themselves…..

/  15th May 2019

Greenland’s ice sheet losing the plot, departs the script – glacier growing. Environmentalists distraught.

• Dennis Horne

/  18th May 2019

It’s a blip, one glacier, Greenland still losing ice.

Comprehension problem or can you not face the truth?

6. Pink David

/  15th May 2019

“This depiction of violent revolution is counter-productive to getting people to work towards a better, nicer planet.”

They are not interested in a better, nicer planet. They are much keener on a violent revolution.

1. #ClimateEmergency clash of ideals — Your NZ – NZ Conservative Coalition