Love everyone…

1. Zedd

tautoko PG

Im still waiting today.. for vitriolic replies & loads of downticks, for my so-called ‘Loony Left’ comments.. that just seem to get up most noses in here 😀 😀 😀

btw; whatever happened to Mr Guyton ?
    driven away by the ‘Alt-right angry YNZ mob’ ?? :/

/  20th May 2019

Possibly he spun so hard he disappeared up his own fundamental orifice, Z?

• Zedd

touche AW.. entirely possible

/  20th May 2019

There was an old man with a beard
          Who said ‘It is just as I feared-
          So hard have I spun,
          I’ve gone up my own bum !’
          Well, we always believed he was weird.

He could be great fun, but he could also be very unpleasant and nasty.

• Zedd

/  20th May 2019

ah the old ‘weirdy beardy’ stuff..

There was a time when it was considered; the sign of Manhood.. now its often seen as unhygenic or scruffy & ‘weird’ &/or ‘Lefty’ etc.

btw; in the Otago Settlers museum photos show; most men in 19th century had them.. I too like to maintain this ‘rugged tradition’ 🙂

/  20th May 2019

Scruffy, straggly beards do look awful, you must admit.

/  20th May 2019

As Gezza often noted, unbelievably and childishly irritating for an elected local government member.

/  20th May 2019

He was, and he was a real disappointment. He looked like a real eccentric and was, but could also be very smallminded and annoying rather than being as interesting as he looked.He could slip into didacticsm and smugness very easily. When he was good, he was very, very good, but when he was bad….

My late husband had a longish beard, Zedd, and there’s a man in the Warehouse who has a magnificent bushy one. I know that many Victorian men had them, but not all; it depended upon whether they were in fashion or not. Working men tended to shave once a week.

I have several books about the making of the OED and the early editor, John Murray, had a marvellous one. So did Dr Minor whose contributions were invaluable. I don’t know if Broadmoor inmates were let to have razors in those days; probably not. But Dr Minor’s beard really suited him.

Then, as always, it wasn’t one size fits all. The early settlers must have found it easier to just let them grow.No Sweeney Todd on the goldfields to shave them (I polish them off, I polish them off, said Sweeney Todd the barber) NB, I wonder if anyone would eat a pie if it was made by Mrs Lovett’s Pies ? 😀

Many Sikh men have great beards and moustaches; one down my road has. His mo turns up at the ends, Sikh-style.

They seem to be trendy again now; I see a lot. Even young men have them (the very new, bumfluff look does nothing for anyone, though)

Shaved heads and beards don’t look right somehow; it’s as if the hair has slipped.

My Maltese terrier has a sweet little beard. I try not to cut it off unless he has made it so tangled that I have to.

/  20th May 2019

look in the mirror ..you represent everything wrong with …consumerism…you have no heart,no empathy for your fellow man.

Summed up ..you are a selfish ,shallow..koont!

/  20th May 2019

That gave me a good chuckle, B. If it was aimed at me it shows yet again how little you know and how wrong most of what you think you know actually is.😂

2. enjoy ? :/ 🙂

/  20th May 2019

I can’t watch that, too many memories of when I first saw it. It would be too painful.

• lurcher1948

ALLWAYS LOVE YOUR HEADING DOG…i do,but mines a tri not B&W

3. Zedd

great sentiment today PG… BUT…. tomorrow…. :/

/  20th May 2019

The problem with the notion that Jesus said you should love everyone is that it’s stupid, & sometimes even fatal, to love someone who hates you. And there’s no shortage of examples of that.

/  20th May 2019

He said to love your enemies and bless those who persecute you. He didn’t say that one should be blindly stupid about it, like someone staying in a violent relationship and being killed.

Forgiving someone can be an act of strength, not allowing that person to have power over you (easier said than done, I know)

5. Griff.

/  20th May 2019

Good one, Griff! To be fair (why? you ask) Trump is saying the Government shouldn’t do those things, not that Christians shouldn’t.

• Griff.

/  20th May 2019

Did you hear a whooshing sound?

• Griff.

/  20th May 2019

$13.90 an hour, almost double the state’s minimum rate and better than the grocer’s pay. His new employer has already bumped up his wages twice in 18 months. “It’s pretty good,” he says with a grin. What’s really rare, he adds, is his annual week of paid holiday. The firm also offers help with health insurance.

Yes Alan what a lovely country to live in for the poor EH,
            Not,
            In NZ the minimum wage is $17,70.We also get 4 weeks paid holidays and 5 days sick pay.

Do you know what health insurance is on the USA?
            It is almost the same as the total tax rate on our minimum wage just for basic health insurance in the USA. On that you will have to pay the first $4000 of any yearly health care cost.
            Your happy clappy story is just that.
            Real wage growth in the usa is presently about 1% per year.

/  20th May 2019

Terrible place, eh Griff. That’s why queues at the borders desperate to get out.

/  20th May 2019

I have heard that many or even most Americans don’t take their annual leave because they are fearful for their jobs if they take much time off.

An American friend who died of ovarian cancer had this ordeal made worse by the insurance hassles and its equivalent of bureaucracy. I can’t remember the nitpicking details now, but it was quite bad.

/  20th May 2019

I read the whole story in the Economist.

The rest of it isn’t as happy-clappy as the first bit sounds ! I would advise reading the entire article.

/  20th May 2019

US$13.90/hr = NZ$21.38/hr. US median house price = NZ$430k. NZ median house price = NZ$585k.