Have good Christmas

Have a good Christmas, how ever you do it.

It will be a very quiet (one could say peaceful) Christmas here, with families doing their thing with other branches of their family.

So we’re having a big Boxing Day get together where peace will be hard to find but hopefully happiness and togetherness will be prominent.

1. lurcher1948

/  25th December 2019

Merry Christmas PG,enjoy your day.

• Thanks, and same to you, your family and your dogs.

• Lurcher1948

/  25th December 2019

WOW,2 miserable righties(the left are more cheerfull)down ticked twice my Christmas greeting to you PG was one [deleted, don’t make accusations couched as questions – PG]

/  26th December 2019

I had three for saying that the PDTs couldn’t stop being meanspirited even for one day at Christmas…I’d say that downticking wishes for a happy Christmas is about as spiteful and meanspirited an action as one could imagine.

I can guess who one of my reflex PDTs is …and make a guess as to the other two.

2. Blazer

best Xmas song…

/  25th December 2019

Worst one; Everyone’s a Kid at Christmas (a holly jolly kid at Christmas)

/  25th December 2019

Happy Christmas everyone. One thing I’ll give Trump some credit for (and that he’s claiming credit for) is that people in the US are wishing each other Merry Christmas again.

Happy Holidays just doesn’t mean the same thing.

/  25th December 2019

He is taking credit for something that he didn’t do, as usual. At no time was saying Merry Christmas discouraged or forbidden, and far from Obama doing this, he’s on record as actually saying it (or Happy Christmas; same thing)

The US Holidays as a substitute for Christmas is quite old, but I don’t know how old. It’s meaningless, anyway.

/  25th December 2019

‘Happy Holidays’ came into being in the 1860s.

Trump claimed that the White House Christmas greetings didn’t have Merry Christmas in them in the Obama, Bush and Clinton eras, but they did.He’s taking credit for something that he didn’t accomplish, forgetting that these things are on record for all to see.

When was it ever ‘UNsafe’ to say ‘Merry Christmas’ in the US ?

People have been saying it long before he ‘reclaimed’ it. What a pointless lie.

Of course, people also say Happy Christmas, Season’s Greetings (naff), Compliments of the Season and other variations…..

4. NOEL

Have a good one.

5. duperez

/  25th December 2019

Tuesday a fortnight ago, the colours and the glistening reminded me of Christmas tinsel. The song sounds much nicer than sleigh bells though. Have a good day everyone.

/  25th December 2019

There are untold pohutukawas near me; the vividness of the red and gold is a surprise every year. They make bottlebrush trees look like poor relations.

I am hoping that a self-set flax will make more tuis come to my garden; I have a few but would love to have more.

/  25th December 2019

And the same to you, PDT/s, who never miss an opportunity even on Christmas Day.

6. Ray

/  25th December 2019

Merry Christmas everybody, even the left wing wankers, I know your heart is in the right place, just that you are misguided.
    Doesn’t apply to those without hearts…obviously!

7. Zedd

oh happy day… 😀

scuze while I light up

/  25th December 2019

Merry Xmas to all my friends and enemies. I hope you have had another good one surrounded by food, family and friends.

9. Kitty Catkin

/  25th December 2019

It’s sad that the PDTs can’t go for one day, Christmas Day, without being meanspirited and downticking wishes for others to have a good Christmas.