Open Forum – Saturday 4 April

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you, or you think may interest others..

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts. Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts. Comments from other forums can be repeated here, cut and paste is fine.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.

FIRST TIME COMMENTERS: Due to abuse by a few, first comments under any ID will park in moderation until released (as soon as possible but it can sometimes take a while).

Sometimes comments will go into moderation or spam automatically due to mistyped ID, too many links (>4), or trigger text or other at risk criteria. If they pass muster they will be released as soon as possible (it can sometimes take hours).

Ssturday 4 April not Sunday

• Duker

/  4th April 2020

Shhhhh its a cunning way to shorten the lockdown, every week now skips Saturday. After all the days are much the same now

2. lurcher1948

/  4th April 2020

If PG wants it to be Sunday so be it… it’s his blog

• Thanks for pointing that out. With no weekdays away from home the days of the week are getting hard to keep track of. Actually I did know it was Saturday today, but inadvertently typed Sunday.

/  4th April 2020

True Lurch but it’s always a worry when we get ahead of ourselves.

3. Blazer

/  4th April 2020

an excerpt from ‘let America be America Again(Langston Hughes)

‘Out of the rack and ruin of our gangster death,
    The rape and rot of graft, and stealth, and lies,
    We, the people, must redeem
    The land, the mines, the plants, the rivers.
    The mountains and the endless plain—
    All, all the stretch of these great green states—
    And make America again!

/  4th April 2020

The last line would scan better with our pronunciation as:
      And make America Great again!

‘Out of the rack and ruin of our gangster death,
      The rape and rot of graft, and stealth, and lies,

Reminds me of Russia. Talking of Russia – they are very quiet.

/  4th April 2020

Yes, they don’t make a lot of fuss or noise, the Russian government. Putin just quietly gets on with consolidating & extending his power & wealth, & the duma obediently rubber stamps everything he wants to do.

They (literally) get away with murder (war crimes) in Syria. Hardly even makes the news in the West. Lavrov is very active on the diplomatic front; our media doesn’t take much interest, but Al Jazeera does.

• Duker

/  4th April 2020

Pleeese spare us the White helmets propaganda,
          All war involves bad decisions and murder including Hospitals in Afghanistan bombed by US or young boys shot in the back by Israeli border guards in occupied teritories

/  4th April 2020

True. And Al Jazeera covers them too. What do we see of on our lamestream tv news?

White Helmets propaganda?
            #dipstickagain

/  4th April 2020

the history of mother Russia is a fascinating one.
        The 400 years of Romanov rule,wars against….’everyone’ from Sweden to Japan.

The good,the terrible and the…Great.

4. lurcher1948

/  4th April 2020

So today’s Sunday and no one from the right has nominated anyone that could do a better job than PM Jacinda Ardern and secondly on nearby rightwing blogs, why do the rightwing ferals hate the police so much, the hatred seems to be spiralling due to the blog owners rants.
    PS does it involve guns??this police hatred

5. lurcher1948

/  4th April 2020

This is for the few here who follow mike hosking,the poor tosser who is struggling to take a stand or be revalent.Im proud to have NEVER listened to the demented looking fool life is more important than that and time is wasted with that stealer of oxygen.

/  4th April 2020

Bad news, Lurchy. A whole new generation is discovering talkback. They are being educated for the first time in their lives. They aren’t hearing from talking heads…they are hearing from callers at the coal face of life. People on the spot as a situation develops; people who can offer unbiased opinions. The only thing that could derail this juggernaut is the radio industry going bust.

Here’s something to get your choppers into, Lurchy. If Coronavirus devastates our Island cuzzies… who will be on hand to run the economy and infrastructure of those affected islands?

/  4th April 2020

“they are hearing from callers at the coal face of life. People on the spot as a situation develops; people who can offer unbiased opinions”

Aww … come off the grass, Corks. 🙄

The principal characteristic that marks out most callers to talkback IS their biased opinions !

/  4th April 2020

In political matters maybe. But the gold is from people reporting from a crisis situation, or from people within an industry that may be currently in the news for a variety of reasons. Then you have the overseas callers. For me nothing compares if you want a quick overview, and some inside goss. However, as I have said before; there’s an art to listening to talkback in my opinion. If you don’t learn that art you can spend much time listening to ads (lol) and a boring host drone on( Marcus”Picky’ Lush for example.)

/  4th April 2020

Have to agree Marcus Lush terminally boring.

/  4th April 2020

Jason Gunn is terminally annoying.

/  4th April 2020

John Campbell is nauseatingly irritating on tv1s Breakfast show. I can’t stand to watch it.

I’ve even switched over to that other plonker, Duncan Garner, on tv3’s breakfast show on the rare occasion that I take a few minutes to watch either of the two main channels’ Breakfast offerings.

That’s a measure of how much I dislike Campbell. There’s just something I find sickening about Campbell’s “serious & concerned” manner.

Shit – I’ve become a grumpy old man !

Never mind, I’m not the only one, there. 😐

/  4th April 2020

Not the only one here either, G. I prefer to read good stuff rather than watch and listen to the likes of Campbell emoting about stuff they know bugger all about.

/  4th April 2020

Forgot to put in a good word for Mikey. The National Socialist Radio link is interesting. Why would they be interested in Mikey..and his supposed inainities? The take away line for me in that article is this:

”These are the positions the morning talkback host has taken, in chronological order.”

/  4th April 2020

Which is the Nazi Radio station (National Socialist – Nazi) ?

/  4th April 2020

Haven’t you got garden Gnomes to demoss?

/  4th April 2020

No. Who on earth has those nowadays ?

You didn’t answer the question; as National Socialist is the real name of the Nazi party, which is the Nazi station ?

/  4th April 2020

Oh, I may have misunderstood, it might have been an offer.

But no, I have never had one of those ‘ornaments’ and don’t know anyone who has.

Try advertising the service.

• Duker

/  4th April 2020

They werent socialist, that part of the name meant nothing, just like ‘Arbeiterpartei’
          The original meaning of socialist was ALLIES from the latin

eg Handschuh or ‘hand shoe’ actually means gloves
          Auf Wiedersehen is literally ‘until we meet again’ but always translated as Goodbye

The Germans have even have fun over it
          “Germans have even cheekily created their own compound word to describe compound words: bandwurmwörter. It means “tapeworm words.”

/  4th April 2020

Yes, I know both German and Latin, although I only took German at high school.

Socialist had its current meaning by the 1870s and probably earlier; my 1877 dictionary defines it as we would now. So by the time the Nazis called their party that, it had been around for generations.

/  4th April 2020

‘Plus you should know from compound german words, you cant translate it by splitting it two and using the meanings separately’

really…scheisskopf….

• lurcher1948

/  4th April 2020

I searched this out for that hero of the right, mike hosking lovers

/  4th April 2020

The National Socialist Workers Party (Nationalsozialistsch) seems to have taken that name so as to appeal to both sides.

German compound words are words run together, by definition. Hitlerjugend, Hitlermadchen, Luftwaffe, Reichstag, Jugendherbegen….

/  4th April 2020

I suppose that even Germans wouldn’t want to say Nationalsozialistscharbeitenerparti every time. Imagine the size that the badges would have to be.

6. Griff.

One million cases .
    1/4 of which are in the USA .
    Hows that for winning .

/  4th April 2020

It’s ok Griff. They’re all in Democrat states.

• You actually said that?

Alan’s appalling attitude: ‘it’s ok those people are dying – they hold different political views’

Alan, you and I disagree on a lot of things but this is the scummiest thing you’ve written here in a very long time. That’s seriously fucked up.

Seriously dude, get a grip on yourself.

/  5th April 2020

Just thought you might like to lambast the Democrat Governors instead of Trump for a change, Ishmael. But I gather, no?

7. lurcher1948

/  4th April 2020

So I thought everyone could do with a laugh, uplifted from YSB
    Alice April 4, 2020 At 8:39 am
    It strikes me that only two politicians are showing any sign of the necessary qualities of leadership needed in these difficult times, David Seymour here and Pauline Hanson in Australia. Am I wrong, are there any others I have missed?
    What? don’t the right want simon bridges, i would say the poster hates the police

/  4th April 2020

Drove to the local service station this morning for petrol @ 8.30am. I thought I might pop in to NW supermarket & get a couple of items, including some hot cross buns. But the bloody queue was so long it continues next week ! Flagged it away.

sounds like ..you’re doing it tough Gezza. :[

/  4th April 2020

Yep. I’ve been spoilt. I’ve had a pretty cruisy time of it so far, really, B – when it comes to grocery shopping – 30 minutes waits in small queues are easy. People generally chat to pass the time. If this morning’s queue is anything to go by, queues will be long all day today & probably will mean waiting an hour or longer to get inside.

I’ll have to stock up for longer than I have been doing – and get back into cooking & freezing food more than I have. Got lazy.

/  4th April 2020

Its taken me a while to work out the best time to go to the supermarket. For my supermarket it used to be the minute it opened. But now the queues are gathering two hours before opening time. So, for me, the sweet spot is 7.15 pm. Everyone is home stuffing their face; pissed or arguing. At that time, I haven’t had to wait in line for more than ten minutes. However, when I come out of the supermarket the long queue has started to form again.
      My guess is people think they have beaten the rush and things will have quietened down. Unfortunately,no.

/  4th April 2020

Yeah – around 7 pm onwards has been good for me twice. No queue at all one night – straight inside. But Molenberg bread & fresh milk were gone. Stocks of other items were depleted too – I found.

/  4th April 2020

No queue on Monday morning, a long one on Thursday but I was in in about 10 minutes.

The need to keep visiting the supermarket because of the limits will become seriously annoying for families, I think.

/  4th April 2020

Looks like Countdown at least up here have restricted their online shopping to poor old deserving buggers like Lurch and me. No problem getting delivery slots a few days ahead now.

As if that’s not favour enough I have two 4Sq shops, one a small supermarket, with no queues at all within half a km. The joys of living in a small town. I pity you city slickers.

• Duker

/  4th April 2020

My supermarket is allowing those with Gold card immediate access…but most elderly seem to want to share the burden.
        The good thing is once inside the queues are non existant for checkouts and they have screens so that every checkout can open and customers are screened behind perspex along with a different screen for checkout operator

/  4th April 2020

Even if I could use the delivery or click and collect, I wouldn’t bother. My last Countdown delivery had so many things missing that it was hardly worth paying the delivery fee. P & S seem to be better organised than Countdown, thank goodness.

/  4th April 2020

Maybe look again now, Kitty. Countdown seem to be on top of the hoarding panic now and deliveries are prioritised to the over 70’s and those with health risk if you qualify.

/  4th April 2020

I suspect that my bad asthma wouldn’t count and I sincerely hope that we won’t still be in house arrest by the time I turn 70. No country could survive that many years.

The limit of two means that one has to keep going back. I won’t pay $14 for the delivery of so few items that I can easily transport them myself.

/  4th April 2020

I think your asthma would qualify together with living alone:
              People with chronic illnesses including respiratory conditions,

But I agree it’s only worthwhile for larger orders.

/  4th April 2020

I can’t believe that the supermarket is the only place where people can have any face to face contact now.

Thank goodness the taxis are still going; pulling a case of groceries uphill is poor fun. It’s much cheaper than a delivery.

/  4th April 2020

On a whim, jumped into the pookmobile and motored on up to NW at 7.25 pm. They close at 8.

No queue – straight in. Only a few people shopping – maybe 6 ?

Stocks looked good – except none of the two breads I usually buy – but I’ve still got got 2 1/2 loaves in the freezer. That’ll probably last me & the birds over a week.

Even had my preferred mouthwash that they were out of last week.
        Lots of things on special. Got everything I wanted & have stocked up for a week at least now.

Back home at 7.40 pm. 15 minutes. A breeze. Tawa NW rocks.

/  4th April 2020

PS: Got me hot cross buns. Gunna go toast two under the griller & spread them with Gold’n Canola. Yummy !

/  5th April 2020

stay away from hydrogenated fats Gezza….butter is dearer but much tastier and much better for your health and the economy.

• Conspiratoor

/  4th April 2020

The love interest availed herself of the free hour for health workers a couple of days ago. I asked her to take some pics. Dunny rolls overflowing. Some empty shelves, principally all cleaning products. Where the hand sanitizers used to be were two lonely bottles of white vinegar

/  5th April 2020

P & S seemed all right for cleaning things, but there was a limited supply of soap and no hand sanitiser. I had a look as I went past. I wonder if cleaners are essentials at The Warehouse.

Chemist Warehouse has them at reasonable prices. $5 delivery charge.

9. Blazer

and the beat …goes on..

‘Goldman CEO David Solomon ordered two top-of-the-line Gulfstream G700s for ~$75M each at the end of last year, Bloomberg reports, citing people with knowledge of the matter.
    Solomon has already come under criticism for accepting a 20% pay raise in 2019 to $27.5M as the firm’s stock price lagged its competitors for most of his 18-month tenure.’-Bloomberg

tough at the…top.

10. The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    ~ Orwell, 1984

Overnight the Trump administration has quietly changed its description of the Strategic National Stockpile mission so that it now matches Jared Kushner’s bs claim.

/  4th April 2020

Good to see you are still getting your daily anti-Trump vaccine shot, Ishmael.

• Duker

Vaccine .. I think its leading to a secondary infection
        These days US has so many even more scary nutters that Trump seems no worse than some breathless TV hosts

11. Zedd

April 4th…

12. Conspiratoor

/  4th April 2020

We know the daily ‘cases’ are largely bs because they understate the true picture. To the extent that the infected are not tested due to a lack of swabs available to GPs and test kits for labs. Factor in the mild and asymptomatics wandering around out there quite happily and you’ve got a farce of epidemic proportions

Any models using this data are inherently flawed so I’ve decided to build my own hybrid model. As time permits over next little while I’ll test, refine and publish this model. Having given this some thought I’ve settled on the following assumptions and decision variables and parameters as inputs

Assumptions:
    Infected take action when symptoms present
    High level of compliance with hygiene guidelines
    Entire population will be exposed before vaccine developed and administered
    Known infections are hospitalised (excludes dissenters)
    Infected Dissenters (self administered at home with drugs, herbs and CPAPs)

Decision Variables:
    Expanded Hospital Capacity (ICU Ventilated Beds)
    L4 Lockdown Duration
    L3 Lockdown Duration
    L2 Lockdown Duration
    L1 Lockdown Duration
    Borders Reopened

Parameters:
    L4 Lockdown Erosion Factor (erodes over time due entropic effect)
    Exposure Rate across the population
    NZ Demographics
    Infection Rate – Mild and Asymptomatics
    Infection Rate – Severe
    Admissions (Pre and Post Capacity)
    Base Hospital Capacity
    Current availability of ICU ventilated beds
    Average duration between onset of symptoms to death
    Infection/Fatality Ratio (including the mild and asymptomatics)

• Kiwi Dave

/  4th April 2020

you have well named yourself, Cons. Like most conspiracy theorists, your have ignored any semblance of reality

• Conspiratoor

/  4th April 2020

Feel free to shoot me down Kiwi Dave. Waiting…

• Conspiratoor

/  4th April 2020

Dave …I say Dave. Don’t be bashful. Share your reality…

/  4th April 2020

What is the purpose of the model?

• Conspiratoor

/  4th April 2020

Al, the model is designed with a number of objectives in mind

These are to predict the effect of changing one or more variables on a number of key metrics. The two main ones being the accumulated number of infections and deaths up to the point the entire population has been exposed. Of course this assumes a vaccine is not developed within the modelled timeline and introduced at a level it makes a significant impact

Our earlier exchange about the number of confirmed cases requiring hospitalisation introduces another variable. I had assumed all confirmed cases are automatic candidates for hospitalisation, however it seems this is incorrect and the % is somewhat lower

/  4th April 2020

Typically such a model will have a number of measurable variables and a number of unknown parameter values. The model will be fitted to the known data by adjusting the parameters and the best fit will produce estimates of the unknown parameters together with a measurement of the goodness of fit. Dependent on the goodness of fit, the sensitivity of the parameters to the data and the degree of co-dependencies of the parameters’ effects on the data the estimates of the parameters will have associated estimates of their uncertainty. The more parameters that have to be derived generally the greater uncertainty of their estimates will be.

Alternatively you can pluck parameter values out of thin or thick air, run the model with them and publish the results as predictions. That seems to be where we currently are at.

• Conspiratoor

/  4th April 2020

Thank you Al. Agree with most of this however restricting parameters to known values equally produces nonsense since so much is unknown. I believe it is possible to apply logic even where an absolute value is unknown in order to derive a functional parameter that passes the test of reasonableness.

Besides my date with c19 has been forcibly delayed by several weeks and I need something to occupy myself with in the meantime

/  5th April 2020

Here’s a link to a simple spreadsheet one. Not sure if this will be usable.

Shared from Excel for Android

/  5th April 2020

Security seems to work fine. Made some tweaks to make the calculations more readable and put the chart next to the parameters on the first sheet.

/  5th April 2020

To make it more useful, it needs to add the ability to import international arrival infected and to cope with changes in policy presumably modifying the infectivity rate. If I get bored I might do it.

• Conspiratoor

/  5th April 2020

Well done Al, looks interesting. You need to get bored more often

What’s it telling us? We finish dying after 4 months?

/  5th April 2020

It doesn’t tell us anything yet, C, because we don’t have anything much better than guesses about the parameters.

If I can get our actual data and map the model before and after the isolation changes against it we might be able to estimate the infectivity parameters and then have some vague predictive power.

• Conspiratoor

/  5th April 2020

What infectivity parameters do you consider important and why? Duker may be able to assist

/  5th April 2020

Got bored, added current NZ infected data and a reduction parameter to model the Level 4 conditions. Twiddled with parameters to get a bit closer but prob can’t do much more with current data. Not enough testing early to know we were finding all the infections – prob not – so it doesn’t map well then. Therefore don’t know what proportion of infections then were being put into isolation and reducing their infectivity. Also don’t know what stage infected arrivals were at.

13. duperez

/  4th April 2020

You sort of have to laugh really. An American company is under attack for filling orders for face masks for other countries ahead of the US. Yesterday it was said cash up front was the deal. Business as normal.

3M were disparaged for their lack of patriotism. Business as normal apparently isn’t acceptable, intangibles like patriotism are more important than making money.

What to do when appeals to patriotism fail, when getting a company to renege on deals done? Piracy?

“Berlin officials confirmed that about 200,000 FFP2 masks already paid for by Germany were seized at a Bangkok airport and didn’t reach their intended destination.”

Trump tweeted: “We hit 3M hard today after seeing what they were doing with their Masks. ‘P Act’ all the way. Big surprise to many in government as to what they were doing – will have a big price to pay!”

Imagine if an American company making millions of masks in Asia has their product purloined, taken, confiscated, pirated or whatever the word is, and sent to the United States, the land of the free, the end of whoppatunity, the land that doesn’t need globalisation.
    I guess if your great capitalist model doesn’t give the results you need there are creative ways to achieve what you want.

Then again it may have simply been a big heist, masks replacing toilet rolls as prime currency.

/  4th April 2020

Beautiful sunny & warm Autumn day in North Welly. The brick-walled garden is an embarrassment of weeds & is crying out for some TLC.

4 adult pooks & 2 two-month old pooklets happily browsing away on the stream bank, over the fence.

Sweety ❤️ has returned & is requesting sympathy (provided). She is limping badly. Her left leg – or it might be her foot – is injured, but I can’t see how at the moment. It doesn’t seem to stop her foraging in the stream or on the bank, but she won’t be feeling like flying up & walking along the fence top.

I gave her some bread chunks which she picked & held in her left foot’s ‘toes’, which might suggest the problem is with her leg. She doesn’t like putting any weight on it. Hopefully it’s just a sprain or pulled tendon or ligament or something & will soon come right.

/  4th April 2020

Goodness knows how many fantails are gracing my small garden at the moment. Bless their little hearts.

I was given a bag of plums and donated three really ripe juicy ones to the birds. I even cut a slit in each one, but the ingrates turned their beaks up at them.

/  4th April 2020

They are after insects, Kitty. They love catching all the ones that pester our horses and congregate around their dung.

/  4th April 2020

I saw one pick a spider off its web on our deck one day.

/  4th April 2020

Nooo !!! How funny (except for the spider)

I heard of one flying in, picking off all the flies in the room and flying out again.

The one who flew in yesterday must have taken out a seriously annoying fly while it was here. Both were gone.

/  4th April 2020

Just taking 20 minutes gardening leave for a coffee break.

Kitty I’d just carried several armloads of rose & bush prunings thru the gate, put them over the edge of the bs block wall where’s a hole in the undegrowth that a pooklet fell thru yesterday (so funny, one minute it was walking around on some creeper overgrowing a fallen dead tree branch, whining endlessly for attention; nek minit it just disappeared, shrieking).

After I packed it down with a rake & came back round to my side of the fence, a tiwaka flew into my pittosporum, peeping, and hopped & flew around me, not an arm’s length from my face ! I made tiwaka noises. I thought it would fly away again but it did this, looking right at me, for about 3 or four minutes. It had the most enchanting white eyebrows. I’ve never noticed them before.

Then if flew up into the air behind me into a small cloud of midges, snapping away -at this fortuitous little snack, & air-danced away downstream.

Times like that, for me, are priceless. Wild animals & birds close up, seemingly unusually tame, or wanting to get up close and personal to check me out, make my spine tingle with excitement & pleasure.

• Conspiratoor

/  4th April 2020

Dammit G, if you can get your spine to tingle while being smothered in a cloud of midges you are a lucky man!

/  4th April 2020

No worries, c. They were about 4 m high & cruising on downstream.

/  4th April 2020

I treasure the memory of the one who danced for me one day. I was in the shed, standing in the doorway as I folded a sheet when a fantail appeared and began an aerial ballet, a pas seul. He was so close that I could feel the wind from his wings (surprisingly strong) and see every feather. I froze so as not to disturb Rudolf Nureyev. The dance went on for several minutes, then he flew away and returned with a girl. He danced for her, then they danced together for a while (I must have been given his dress rehearsal) and flew to a tree where they inspected a branch as if it was an open home.

GARDEN REPORT
      As is often the case at Pookden Manor, a few other jobs presented themselves & were attended to, but the brickwalled garden has now had its cleanup.

Cutting back the rose bush is always a challenge. It grows up and out as fast as blackberry, flowers several times, & attacks one like a Triffid.

Before:

After:

Whew ! Thought it was a bit of dead wood and was about to pick it up and throw it over the fence … until if lifted its left front leg out in front.

Anybody guess my star sign?

MEDICAL REPORT
      I’m happy advise Sweety is doing well & looks like making e a full recovery from her leg injury.

I first notice a pook limping down in the stream and when it got out yesterday. It wasn’t able to put any weight on the injured leg – which was clearly hurting. But it was from a distance & I didn’t realise it was Sweety until she came up to the pook promenade (given a rough trim and weed with long-handled shears yesterday am) this morning.

This evening around 5 pm she came up again – followed by Bluey & the two pooklets. She would dash in and grab the bread chunks greedily – even from under Bluey’s “nose”. Must be very hungry.

And I noticed that she was limping less & able to bear more weight on that leg tonite.

/  4th April 2020

In other news our grass is growing at an alarming rate. I fear another date with my lawnmower is inevitable.

/  4th April 2020

A pic Possum sent me the other day & said I could share on a pic page.

“Atamarie bro

The heart is from our veranda; its the only place in the world you can see it. The hill on the othe side of the river got logged – they left some trees and at certain times the sun is just right and created the heart.”

I’m off outside to tackle that garden of mine.

17. Conspiratoor

/  4th April 2020

Al, I’ve been told to pop the bubble and will be out for a while. Will respond when I return

18. duperez

1918 newspaper item as a comparison:
    ‘The influenza epidemic has resulted in the police in Auckland receiving instructions to enforce the by-law prohibition of spitting on footpaths and in trams.’

/  4th April 2020

There was an old man from Darjeeling/Who took a slow train down from Ealing/It said on the door/’Please don’t spit on the floor.’/So he carefully spat on the ceiling.

19. Conspiratoor

/  4th April 2020

Sanity is staging a comeback.

Surgical staff at the local DHB have been asked to return and resume work. It seems ghost hospitals are not a good look in the midst of a pandemic 🤔

20. Corky

To Kitty and Griff:

Remembering all those posts about pseudo science. As I previously stated…when it comes to the crunch, is when things will change.

That crunch has come.

I doubt NZ medical authorities will consider this option. To do so means to eat humble pie.
    Especially after the Alan Smith case. Best let people die instead.

To be fair, I may be wrong and over hyper critical. Let’s see what happens.

• Griff.

Corks
      I have never commented on the fact there is some use for Vitamin C
      If I get a cold I treat it with lemon tea and panadol.
      However you have asserted it has uses and effectiveness far beyond that .
      like you have made assertions for the medical use of silver far beyond the well proven one as an anti bacterial topical dressing.

/  5th April 2020

There are a few holes in Allan Smith’s story.

People are not kept indefinitely on life support; it’s usually days at most.

The Hippocratic Oath is not legally binding.

There’s no holes in Alan’s story. [deleted]

/  5th April 2020

The Hippocratic Oath is optional and has no legal status, it’s a statement of intent.So no doctor could be charged with breaking it.

People with bacterial pneumonia usually take a week to recover, and if they have antibiotics it will start to clear in a few days.

It’s incredibly rare for anyone to be on life support for more than a few days.

21. Corky

/  4th April 2020

”However you have asserted it has uses and effectiveness far beyond that .”

That is correct. It has cured cancer. In the case of Alan Smith, not only did it save his life, it also cured his leukemia.

However, you may not remember I also said I have no interest in VCs use as a anti cancer remedy. I would consider it an adjunct to orthodox cancer treatment, or even alternative cancer treatments like the Budwig protocols.

For me it’s starring roll is infectious disease control. That’s where I believe its place belongs.

”Like you have made assertions for the medical use of silver far beyond the well proven one as an anti bacterial topical dressing.”

Correct. Funny I had to find someone selling CS to actually get links to studies supporting CS. A general search produces more rhetoric than science. Such studies used to common on the net.

Put all that aside though, and ask yourself this blindly simple question- ‘How hard would it be for authorities to get a petri dish containing the coronavirus and sprinkle it with CS?

Three things may happen:

1- CS kills the virus.
    2- CS doesn’t kill the virus.
    3- CS has a partial effect.

Next, offer it ‘In Vivo’ for anyone who wants it. Seems simple to me.

John Appleton’s site has a great library, if in the unlikely event, you want information or product. He’s a very picky pedantic person. I find him excellent.

/  5th April 2020

Viruses are not alive, so can’t be killed.

/  5th April 2020

That’a not what your previous comments suggest.🤔 Sorry to put your argument to bed…for good.

/  5th April 2020

Rot, I have never said or suggested that a virus is a living organism; it needs a host. So colloidal silver can’t kill it.

/  5th April 2020

Why suggest an experiment to see if colloidal silver can kill something that you claim to have known wasn’t alive in the first place ?

/  5th April 2020

You need to read your last two comments…then you will understand why I suggest only commenting on things you understand.

• Griff.

/  6th April 2020

This is stupidity of corky
      I can think of many things that will kill bacteria in a petri dish
      That will also kill you .
      Viruses are not cultured in a petri dish as kitty pints out they need host cells to multiply not just nutrients.
      People are not petri dishes drinking something does not mean it will have the same effect as simply sprinkling it on a petri dish .
      Silver is an effective topical antibacterial .
      Detol for instance will also very effectively kill all bacteria on a perti dish
      Drink it and you will not kill a bacteria infecting you.
      You will most probably end up even sicker.

Corkys logic is get sick so drink Detol because it kills Bactria .

/  6th April 2020

You are behind the 8 ball, Griff. I have already mentioned distilled water in relation to the differences that can occur between in vitro v Vivo.

Hence I wrote:

”Next, offer it ‘In Vivo’ for anyone who wants it. Seems simple to me.”

Silver is an effective topical antibacterial .
        Dettol for instance will also very effectively kill all bacteria on a perti dish
        Drink it and you will not kill a bacteria infecting you.
        You will most probably end up even sicker.

”Corky’s logic is get sick so drink Detol because it kills Bactria .”

If you call that logic….?

I can prove my point without using science. Every day tens of thousands of NZers will ingest CS without any side effects….only good. Here’s the proof.

This company has continued to refine their product over the years ( over 20), where are the sick people? Make no mistake, they would have been closed down long ago if your scenario was right. That said, there are a couple of things in the advert I disagree with. And I would never make my own CS.

22. PartisanZ

/  5th April 2020

Hey Righties! How’s that ‘Free Market Capitalism’ working out for ya?

I have an alternative. I call it ‘FWEE Market Capitalism Plus’ – FWEE = Four Wellbeings Ethical Economics.

“We might conceive of a different kind of money, one which is allotted equally to all, but is only current (‘currency’) for a certain time, and therefore cannot be stored-up as capital” – Frank E Warner, ‘Future of Man’ (London 1944).

Your much derided and vilified ‘welfare’ shall become “Well Fair” in Social Security 2.0, The Very Green New Deal. ‘Localism’, its your time to shine!

Expect occasional ambushes ma te wa, when the time is right … not Right!

– PartisanZ

/  5th April 2020

”Hey Righties! How’s that ‘Free Market Capitalism’ working out for ya?”

Not too good, thanks to a virus. However, it’s keeping you and me alive.

”Your much derided and vilified ‘welfare’ shall become “Well Fair” in Social Security 2.0, The Very Green New Deal. ‘Localism’, its your time to shine.”

Talk about counting your Kereru before they are hatched. I would suggest you start breeding them because I doubt your brave new world will supply the lifestyle you have become accustomed to.

– Corky @ 10.8 am.