Open Forum – Easter Friday

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you, or you think may interest others..

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts. Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts. Comments from other forums can be repeated here, cut and paste is fine.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.

FIRST TIME COMMENTERS: Due to abuse by a few, first comments under any ID will park in moderation until released (as soon as possible but it can sometimes take a while).

Sometimes comments will go into moderation or spam automatically due to mistyped ID, too many links (>4), or trigger text or other at risk criteria. If they pass muster they will be released as soon as possible (it can sometimes take hours).

/  10th April 2020

Oh God. How farkin embarrassing. I thought LAST weekend was Easter Weekend.

Christ !

Shit ! It gets worse – I had hot cross buns LAST weekend. I should’ve been having them THIS weekend !

It might be a bloody sin ! I can’t remember now – there are so many of them, epecially when the nuns taught you at primary school. Everything fun seemed to be a bloody sin !

I’ll just have to hope my wildlife rangering gets me a deduction on any penance if Covid 19 gets me. 😐

God, I hope no one finds out 😳

I’ll be a bloody larfing stock. 😮

This is what come of losing my religion

/  10th April 2020

Well at least you found Easter again after losing it, Sir Gerald. I hope you”ll apologise to the pooks after Easter bunning them on the wrong day.

Mrs Al demanded a Countdown delivery of a dozen buns on Wednesday and is steadily demolishing them. She’s not very impressed with my scones and muffins at present but the dogs beg to differ.

As for religion, it is best left like John the Baptist in the wilderness, IMO. It doesn’t travel well into the cities. Bureaucracy takes it over.

• I knew it was not Easter last weekend but we ate all our hot cross buns before then anyway.

Hot cross buns have been for sale in supermarkets since January, I don’t think they were intended for keeping until now.

/  10th April 2020

At least I made a genuine error, owing to:
        *the dreaded national lockdown
        * social distancing
        * need to rip around the supermarket at hi speed to avoid getting infected by any Covid-19-ridden walking germ bombs
        * bloody Jacinda – banging on & on for days, in the lead up to last weekend, about supermarkets being closed for 2 days over Easter.

What the hell ?? Every other deprivation of our civil liberties have been foisted on us with about 48 hours notice; I figured Easter super closures were being too !

I’ve got half mind to fire off another email complaining to Wotsisname, who’s chairing the Epidemic Response Committee. Oughta be a law against her doing that !

But YOU – Mr George – you KNEW it wasn’t Easter last weekend & you went ahead & scoffed hot cross buns anyway !

Blimmin heathen !

What next ? Will you be taking bacon sandwiches along to an Eid get-together, when the local Muslims break their Ramadan fast ? ! 😠 😀

• I think that a lot of people were confused…snf, snf, I haven’t had a single hot cross bun this year, not one. I did treat myself to one of those tiny Lindt bunnies that it seems a shame to eat.

2. Patricia

/  10th April 2020

Thanks for the ‘larf’ Gezza; good start to the day.

/  10th April 2020

A climate alarmist from way back.

More interesting:

Mind you, he was completely wrong about the Dem’s primaries and favoured a couple of the second tier failures. He mistakenly valued intelligence over tribal allegiance.

• Duker

/  10th April 2020

Wrong also when he launched legal action for defamation, and he actually had a strong case.
        Not only covering his own costs but hers too…in boxing its called throwing in the towel.
        Jones has …ummm ..lost touch with those outside his bubble

/  10th April 2020

I wonder if he will ever tell the inside story of why he quit that case? He apparently came to the view that neither side were motivated by malice which is probably a fair call.

• Duker

/  10th April 2020

Motivation is irrelevant , its a civil case and anyway she was calling him the R word … thats not absence of malice
            You are being silly with that patently absurd notion.
            If he continued his reputation would harmed even more… had a non expert defamation lawyer a former Rotorua Crown Solicitor, which didnt help , unless all the pros said ..Jonesy dont do it ..
            A very rich and aggrieved person is normally manna for defamation specialists, he would have the pick of the cream of the crop to chose from under different circumstances

/  10th April 2020

He’s fought and won many cases before. I once worked on a case with Mike Camp who was often his successful legal advocate.

You don’t seem to have much idea of the legal concept of malice.

• Duker

/  10th April 2020

Its here in the Defamation law too
              “(3) A defence of honest opinion shall not fail because the defendant was motivated by malice.”

No wonder you run a sort up market gite as you have no idea of anything else

3. Corky

/  10th April 2020

I went for a ”Heavy Hands ” walk this morning. No excitement to report like a couple of days ago. But I have noticed a problem. I didn’t realise how many dogs are in the community. I passed eight people walking their dogs. All were on leads; all well looked after and looking healthy.

BUT… only one dog owner had a plastic bag and a pooper scooper. I have observed dogs crapping all over the place.

Solution: Citizens Cull. We should be able to apply for a pistol license and a CC permit. So, for example, I’m out walking and see Mrs Jones standing by while Smithy, her British Bulldog, craps. I walk over and say ” Lady, you have no pooper scooper. I’m enforcing a Citzens Cull.” I show her my permit, draw my pistol, and double tap Smithy. That solves the problem. And as a bonus I’m doing the dog world a favour. The British Bulldog is so overbred its a walking genetic disaster.

It’s going to be a brave new world post Coronavirus. New solutions to old problems will be required. This is my suggestion.

Its a great suggestion.
      You could wear a holster ,and saunter around saying …’make my day’.
      You can live out all those dreams of being a blind,stoned Cowboy.

/  10th April 2020

Thanks, Blazer. Although, I sense a little facetiousness in your comments. I hope I’m wrong.
        There would be no people sauntering saying ”make my day.” Pistols would only be carried in a ‘concealed holster’ Any Citzens Cull would be subject to police scrutiny. No dreams here… just cold hard reality.

Have you any solutions to better your fellow mans plight, Blazer? Apart from giving the wellfy a haircut.🤔

/  10th April 2020

Whoops. Struck by the Random WordPress Wilkinson Effect. See below.

• duperez

/  10th April 2020

Fortunately our dog walker lives in a civilised part of the country. No Mexican standoffs here with one poised to yank their gun from the holster and shoot, the other poised to grab a poop bag from their pocket.

• lurcher1948

/  10th April 2020

hELL Corky you don’t know dog owners or generally know nothing,so put your chompers in, and turn the solitary brain cell on, MOST dog owners use Friends nappy bags,a box holds 50 with a convenient carry handle, who in gods name carries a pooper scooper, both our cars carry heaps,so thank me for educating you with your limited knowledge of dog owners,RETORT Corky im here to help

• Many people use bread bags, I have yet to see anyone with a pooper scooper. I have a little canvas bag with a clip that goes on the lead and holds several bags folded up.

/  10th April 2020

I think we can talk generically, Lurchy. Someone in running tracks and no carry bag probably doesn’t have any means of picking crap up. And of course I have observed dogs crapping without the owners picking the poop up. And we aren’t talking ferals.

As for dogs. You know nothing. I have had champion Dobs who won ribbons. One b/t and other red/t. The male was put to stud for two years.

My present dog Scrotus, is pure Alabama bullogge. From the swamp country, this thing has more brains than you . He is capable of pulling 550lbs. He could shred you before you had a chance to wet your strides.

/  10th April 2020

I see Kitty has disclosed she has a dog..or walks a dog. Never heard her mention that before. I have mentioned Scrotus. Alan,his dogs and Lurchy his dogs. Maost dog owners are proud to mention something about their animals. Oh, well…each to their world.

• I have mentioned my dog quite a few times, as it happens, the last time was a few days ago and some PDT downticked it. It’s hardly a ‘disclosure’.

/  10th April 2020

News to me. Can you provide a link? I don’t read all the threads. I will apologise if I’m wrong.

• No, I have better things to do than trawl through old posts. If you don’t read all the threads, you shouldn’t make assumptions based on nothing.

/  10th April 2020

Aha… I was just giving you a chance to rectify things. A few days ago doesn’t seen like a big ask. In fact the thread should still be current.
              And of course, I will repeat again: I have never seen you mention a dog before in your comments that stretch back years.

/  10th April 2020

I hereby confirm that Kitty has a dog.

I have seen several photographs of said canine & I happpen to know its breed & its name.

I can further confirm that Kitty’s dog, carefully referred to as ‘the dog’ has been mentioned by Kitty on this blog many, many times.

That is all

Sir Gerald Ormsby Battersea Bradders, TV, DVD
              🐧 Avian Aviation Authority 🐧

@ Corky

I suggest you google a query such as Yournz Kitty Catkin “the dog”

/  11th April 2020

I have seen a post where Kitty mentions a dog. I was wrong and apologise.

/  10th April 2020

Here’s a bulldogge that looks exactly like Scrotus.

• Why not show the real dog ?

/  10th April 2020

Ask Gezza. Besides I’ve never been in love with photos. I have one photo of Scrotus as a pup. That’s it.

does he…bite?

/  10th April 2020

An American Bullogge has all the attributes of a Pitbull. All are ‘dead game’ depending on the bloodline. But because breeding hasn’t focused on fighting, and given their farming background, they don’t have the hairline temperament of a Pitbull. That said, they will kill anything if need be. And yeah, they can bite. Scrotus bit through tin to take a possum out.

• lurcher1948

/  10th April 2020

Do you know Corky, that you might think you have a big tough dog, THERE A BIG DOG TOUGH,it doesn’t quite work like that in the real world, that’s where the dummies go wrong, i have only had one alpha dog and that’s RED, its embarrassing,RED can walk AND dogs drop,park street beach,red approaches and they drop and do nothing when he approaches,owners get confused, labs visulas everything, females he sometimes snilffs, they roll over he sniffs maybe, HES GENGHIS KHAN, the godfather, a cartel any challenger retreats and he’s nine,he’s a lean pig finder and is my man,an agility dog,

/  11th April 2020

You are right, it doesn’t happen like that in the real.

1- I have no interest in having a tough dog. He was bought because I fell in love with the look, breed and temperament of his breed.

2- He is not an aggressive dog towards other dogs. The look of fear other dog owners have when they see Scotus is soon relaxed when they see how he behaves around their dog. Even the snappy little dogs who give him a nip. He knows what’s a threat..and what is not.

3- He’s only aggressive if called out by another dog. I will then release the lead to teach the owner of the aggressive dog; and the dog, a lesson they won’t forget. Some ferals can’t help themselves. Only had to do it twice. It ends with…CALL YOUR DOG OFF!!!

4- Sounds like you have a problem dog, Lurchy. You should either get him trained or put down.

• Griff.

/  10th April 2020

Jesus Corky claims to own a dog and doesn’t know a small plastic bag is all you need to pick up crap. I guess that because he never takes it for walkys. Like most shite bulls it probably spends its life chained to a tree in the back yard .
        last time a shite bull run out and attacked me and dog walking past dog grabbed its neck and I drop kicked it in the arse . Poor thing done an instant 360 rotation and took off for its backyard screaming. Shite bulls are one of the thickest dog breeds ever and are totally useless at anything beyond looking tough for trashy losers.
        No wonder Corky owns one.

/  10th April 2020

Cold hard reality might see your head caved in with a baseball bat, when it turns out that lady is paid to walk Smithy the British bulldog, by Hemi, the local Mongie Mob Sergeant @ Arms. & Smithy’s doting owner.

You can’t expect Hemi to worry about things like plastic bags for dog poo when he needs those plastic bags for other purposes that keep him in Mercs & Harleys. 😐

/  10th April 2020

I concede that may pose a problem. No doubt I would have to pay compensation to Hemi…or I may be ‘tapped’ myself. However, all solutions to problems usually have a downside. That would be part of our brave new world.

5. David

/  10th April 2020

Why hasnt Obama endorsed Biden yet ? He was his wingman for 8 years his silence is quite surprising.

/  10th April 2020

Why does that concern you David? Are you planning to donate to Joe’s campaign provided Obama endorses him?

• MaureenW

/  10th April 2020

Because Biden won’t be the nominee

• Duker

Biden is the only person left running… and he has 1217 of the 1990 needed now
        “Under the Democratic National Convention rules, “A majority vote of the Convention’s delegates shall be required to nominate the presidential candidate” and “Balloting will continue until a nominee is selected.”[7] Superdelegates are party leaders who participate as delegates if no winner emerges after the first round. Prior to 2018, they were allowed to participate in the first round as well.[8] Wikipedia
        So, Biden is going to scoop the rest of the delegates in future primaries coming up. Will get the other delegates from candidates who dropped out who have endorsed him as well.- thats another 170.
        So Biden as of now has roughly 70% of first round delegates and no other person of stature is running.
        These is the clearest path for any candidate ( other than sitting President) for decades and the reality is Biden will ‘become the nominee by acclamation’..

Silly comments by others about brokered conventions ( last was 1952 for both parties, Eisenhower had just a whisker under 50% of the delegates, 604 while Senator Taft had 500)

• Duker

Obama ?
      he knows the real problem is Trump and didnt wan to muddy the waters before a presumptive candidate emerges

Good point they say Obama was always more comfortable about doing nothing rather than doing something as a reaction.

6. lurcher1948

/  10th April 2020

PG,most know me as a kind poster, but being old you get up for a pee, and getting back into bed i turned the clock radio on QUIETLY don’t wake up she who must be obeyed, but i heard the Newstalk ZB host Bruce Russell,last night in the early morning whos turning out to be New Zealand’s FOX NEWS representative…double-dipping Mr Russell is oozing rightwing hatred, he LOVES Trump, don’t bad mouth tRump he sulks for an hour, he hates, JACINDA ARDERN and Labour, Muslims, beneficiaries, labour voters, Maoris,simon bridges, he supports david seymour and new conservatise but what got my tail up is Bruce Russell’s mesmerising fascination with Meghan Markle’s baby Archie, Mr Russell is convinced the baby doesn’t exist? its a rubber doll with ropes and strings,bells and whistles, but the rubber baby has been in a royal picture with the Queen, royal picture, and with security people, SOMEONE would have said” why are we looking after a rubber doll” but still the righty persists but the nutter Bruce Russel is convinced the babies rubber, NZME the nutter must get some daylight, he sounds as if he has depression, the more popular Jacinda Ardern becomes the more Russell rants

/  11th April 2020

I’ve never liked Brussel’s …spouts.

/  11th April 2020

Good reporting, Lurchy. I’m usually asleep at that time. So it’s good to know you have our backs.