Open Forum Sunday

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you, or you think may interest others..

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts. Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts. Comments from other forums can be repeated here, cut and paste is fine.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.

FIRST TIME COMMENTERS: Due to abuse by a few, first comments under any ID will park in moderation until released (as soon as possible but it can sometimes take a while).

Sometimes comments will go into moderation or spam automatically due to mistyped ID, too many links (>4), or trigger text or other at risk criteria. If they pass muster they will be released as soon as possible (it can sometimes take hours).

1. Two months ago today. Think about that.

/  10th May 2020

Now 80,000 deaths and 21 million unemployed. Think about that. Trump was right?

Yes Al.
        He said it would all be over by Easter…a great time for it to end.

• Alan Foster

/  10th May 2020

80,000 dead & climbing – all in two months ! Trump has no idea.

/  10th May 2020

15% unemployment in two months. What would you have made it?

• Pink David

/  10th May 2020

“80,000 dead & climbing – all in two months ! Trump has no idea.”

35 million unemployed in the US in just 4 weeks
          122 million unemployed in India in just 4 weeks.

Do you understand what is coming? Your infantile fear is leading the world to a once in three hundred year catastrophic crash. That will kill millions.

/  10th May 2020

What virus triggered the Great Depression PD?

• Alan Foster

/  10th May 2020

So, most Governments around the world are wrong then? And you & Wilco are right? Let me think about that one.

/  10th May 2020

Most Governments around the world bought into the Wuhan lockdown solution in varying degrees of severity egged on belatedly by the WHO and by the panicked populations. Yes, it will turn out to be disastrous. Most of the centre right governments know that and have been desperately trying to mitigate their lockdown severity.

• Alan Foster

/  10th May 2020

Wilco – we’ll be out of lockdown soon (Next Thursday?) but the tourist industry is gone (for years?) Then you can calm down.

• Duker

/  10th May 2020

So its the WHO fault for covering it up with China and now closing down countries.
              The tourist ‘industry’ can go to their over priced hell, along with the offshore education industry.
              They will have to be like the farmers in the 1970s – adjust to the new normal.

Two months ago.

We can see that.

/  10th May 2020

You mean…you can see that.

/  10th May 2020

Apologies. Quite true. I can.

And you can.

How many readers or posters here do you think can’t? :/

/  10th May 2020

”Call me Ishmael.” But you already knew that. After all, my reply was to him.

/  10th May 2020

Ishmael knows that tweet was two months ago too. That’s why he said “Two months ago today.”

Why did you reply “Two months ago.” to someone whose very opening comment begins “Two months ago today.”?

• (trying to be kind) He might have been emphasing it.

• *%#$@! emphasising

/  10th May 2020

Well if he was, wtf for?

I’m wondering where me bro’s heads at.

/  10th May 2020

”Ishmael knows that tweet was two months ago too. That’s why he said Two months ago today.”

Can I ask you what he meant by that…or what you think he meant by that. Or should we accept those two sentences at face value? Or maybe attach those opening remarks to his perspective -as Duprez would say- about Trump. Just curious.

/  10th May 2020

”(trying to be kind) He might have been emphasing it.”

Leave this to the big boys, Kitty. Haven’t you got scones to bake? I thought about you the other day when I was at the Bayfair Supermarket ( Mt Maunganui). I will fill you in later.

• I don’t bake, I have better things to do.

Please don’t bother with the pointless story about Bayfair Supermarket, it’s bound to be a witless invention to score points.

/  10th May 2020

I think s/he was possibly drawing attention to how Trump was minimising the seriousness of Covid-19 by citing such low Covid19 numbers – but I would also be content to just accept those two sentences at face value.

Can I ask what you meant by replying “Two months ago?”

• Please spare us another boring supermarket story. It might be fascinating to you to go to the supermarket, it isn’t to other people. And this one is unlikely to have actually happened.

I prefer more intellectual pursuits to scone making; if I want scones, I’ll buy them.

/  10th May 2020

”I think s/he was possibly drawing attention to how Trump was minimising
              the seriousness of Covid-19 by citing such low Covid19 numbers.”

Yes, before and after utterances. Similar to the Left’s digs at Mikey. If those numbers were correct at the time Trumpy tweeted them..what’s the problem? You can only go by information you have on hand at the time. Whether his actions/inaction were prudent at that time is another debate in my opinion.

@Kitty.

Funny, I haven’t mentioned supermarkets in ages. I was going over old posts yesterday and came across a dig you had at me while I was away.
              Of course, I wasn’t here to defend myself ( typical Lefty), and the post was apparently about me gawping. You seem not to understand how observation is not gawping.

Anyway, I’m in line and an old lady with a hunched back and head down
              bangs into cones marking the supermarket entrance checkpoint. ”Mind where you are going, luv,” said the security guy. ”I can’t look up too much,” said the old lady. ” My arfwhitetis has flared up.”

The way you carry on about my supposed gawping, means you would have to shuffle around like the old lady mentioned, so as not to be accused of similar.😄

• Arthritis is spelt ARTHRITIS,

There is a huge difference between gawping and observation; not that the supermarket is usually interesting enough to justify either of them. Most people don’t want to spend time gaping at everyone else in there and peering into their trolleys to see what they’re buying. .It’s just not that interesting, really.

The idea that people who don’t gawp shuffle around bent double is absurd. I think that most people have enough sense to know the difference between someone walking upright and someone goggling with eyes stuck out like organ stops.

/  11th May 2020

”Arthritis is spelt ARTHRITIS.”

Dat wos howl she talked. Probably old Labour.

”There is a huge difference between gawping and observation; not that the supermarket is usually interesting enough to justify either of them.”

That you would find the supermarket uninteresting shows you aren’t observant…or more correctly; aren’t interested enough to observe. People like you never see the subtleties of life; those micro expressions or the presentation that gives people away.

It also shows you move sloooowly. An observation is done in a micro second…no goggle eyes needed. However, you could benefit from Feldenkrais
            eye exercises.

Sad, really. It shows in your linear lifeless posts.

• Pink David

/  10th May 2020

Two months in which 35 million have lost their jobs and tens of millions have been reduced to poverty.

Two months in which hairdressers are sent to jail for daring to work, while murders are being released to protect them from Covid.

Two months in which shills like Ishmael hear have moved from a Russia hoax to something far far more damaging to the people of America.

Trump is exactly right in his tweet.

New York is the epicenter of deaths. A city where public officials sent covid infected patents into the rest homes to clear hospitals that now lay empty. This was like sending an atomic bomb into the middle of the most vulnerable. This all done while those at zero risk, and the most fit and capable to help are locked, or cower in their homes. I notice you are not posting about Bill de Blasio or Andrew Cuomo.

I wonder if you are one of those nurses in an empty hospital making tik tok clips and posting about orange man bad all day.

/  10th May 2020

How many DEAD so far…old chap?

You already admit the economy was …doomed.

• Pink David

/  10th May 2020

“How many DEAD so far…old chap?”

At the time of posting, 78,605 today.

“You already admit the economy was …doomed.”

You can’t stop your lies can you?

• Duker

/  10th May 2020

Another use of a banned word …oh dear flaunting his breaches now…so brazen

• Pink David

/  10th May 2020

I just realised you might be looking for the number of dead over a longer timeline, it’s 21,031,558 since Jan 1st.

2. David

/  10th May 2020

Think some in the media were tiring of the lack of questioning of this administration and the document dump and memo to ignore the media because everyone loves Jacinda might have made some have a look sideways at their colleagues and perhaps made them realize they have a job to do.
    David Parkers threat to take Bridges to the priviliges committee was especially egregious and his dismissal of the Bridges select committee exposed it for how Labour see it, a way to keep opposition quarantined and inefective hence his vicious reaction to Bridges wanting to see the legal advice about the lockdown.

• There are signs that media and the public are now on a different course to the Government.

Post on this https://yournz.org/2020/05/10/the-government-pissed-off-journalists-at-a-bad-time/

• Duker

/  10th May 2020

You mean the public and bloggers like you have access to the data at the same time as the special people who prefer exclusive access in dribs and drabs

• I am reading more anti comments than ever before from ‘ordinary people’ on one website. There has been a real shift recently, although the diehards still cling to the idea that the government knows what it’s doing. The revelation of the people refused leave to see dying relatives and other heartless rules have not helped.

• Duker

/  10th May 2020

You only see what you want to see…. whats new…of course the people who ARE ALIVE because we dont have the complete shambles of UK or US cant talk about ‘how I didnt die’
            YOU should one of those very lucky people along with your elderly friends

• I don’t have elderly friends; I have one who was my mother’s friend.Nor do I see what I want to see; don’t be so insulting. What I see is a change in people’s attitudes, with an increasing number questioning the drastic lockdown.

Our situation is quite different to those of the UK and US, as our cases were brought in by people returning from abroad and most were in the age group that has it lightly.

You also ignore the fact that we and Ausralia have a small population density and don’t have crowded cities like London.

3. artcroft

• artcroft

/  10th May 2020

It was Saturday for some long period of time…and then for some reason it was Sunday… this is why calendars aren’t necessarily that great.

• Tests are crazy, they show when someone catches the virus.

I have added the tweet to this post: https://yournz.org/2020/05/10/4-million-covid-19-cases-and-still-climbing/

• duperez

/  10th May 2020

“This is why the whole concept of tests aren’t necessarily great … today, I guess, for some reason, she tested positive.”
      When a science genius like Donald Trump seems a little confused I can see why clods like me have trouble working things out.😊

• Duker

/  10th May 2020

Thats not the worst , Trumps new Press Secretary has been revealed to be a Never Trumper back in 2015

“McEnany also went out of her way to lament the idea that Trump was being called a Republican, and said his entire campaign as a Republican was “inauthentic.”

“An example of some of McEnany’s “critical” statements about Trump: In 2015 she called Trump’s racist statement about Mexican immigrants being “drug dealers” and “rapists” … “racist.” She went on to explain: “Some of the things we heard in his speech when he said, when Mexico sends people across the border, they’re sending criminals and rapists and maybe some good people. Look, the GOP doesn’t need to be turning away voters and isolating them. We need to be bringing them into the tent. Donald Trump is the last person who’s going to do that.” She also called Trump’s rhetoric “hateful” and derogatory.”

• Pink David

Her response’

““Because for about the first four weeks of the [2016] election, I was watching CNN and I was naively believing some of the headlines I saw on CNN.

“I very quickly came around and supported the president.”

4. Blazer

/  10th May 2020

cry me a high country ..river…shoulda interviewed high country farmers John Key and Peter Thiel…in their gumboots!

5. Corky

/  10th May 2020

Illegal road blocks are now legal. Notice how the police now cover their arses by being first responders. I see European police have been deployed elsewhere. It seems to be an all bro affair going forward. The large police officer interviewed had inappropriate korero for a warranted officer. Given his physical state, I’m wondering how he’s still serving in the police. This officer is either super fit for his size…or physical fitness parameters are now relaxed for Maori.

Hone spoke some strange deflecting korero. Apparently a woman who had just received the hobbies from her partner, saw Hone and burst into tears.

I can’t believe this is happening in New Zealand. Well,I can. But I don’t want to believe it.

• NOEL

/  10th May 2020

Let me guess the missing video.
      Driver stopped and asked the purpose of his journey.
      Directed to the bros.
      Argue with the officer.
      Can I see your licence, Just wait while I check you WOF and Registration.
      Ahh the people up there have something for you.

Not what I would have done.

6. duperez

/  10th May 2020

David Fisher (behind the paywall) in the Herald has a piece about roadblocks in various places in the Far North. He backgrounds the issue with accounts of how the 1918 flu epidemic impacted on Māori communities there and how the legacy of that lives on.

One bit was about roadblocks back in 2018. “There were roadblocks then, too. In Whangarei citizens put wagons across roads and – by some accounts – armed themselves “to stop Māori coming into town,” according to Canterbury university emeritus professor Dr Geoff Rice.

Elsewhere in the paper today I find: “A woman at an Auckland bay told TVNZ she was there with a group of 12-year-old boys for her son’s birthday, despite knowing it was against the rules.

“We do know we probably are a little borderline with the rules, but are still going ahead anyway,” she said.”

Just there the widely different perspectives.

/  10th May 2020

”One bit was about roadblocks back in 2018. ”

Is that date correct?

”Just there the widely different perspectives.”

There should be no ‘perspectives.’ We either have one law for all..or we don’t.

Which is it, Duperez?

• duperez

1918!

We have to have different perspectives. If we didn’t? Well, that would be everyone thinking the same and everyone being forced to think the same.

Some people didn’t want the virus to be brought into their neighbourhood so they took the law into their owns hands (apparently) by stopping people coming into their neighbourhood who have taken the law into their own hands by travelling there. Only the travelling there isn’t a law? It’s simply a ‘guideline’?

So to get people to act in certain ways you don’t trust them with guidelines and ‘exercising common sense’ because their perspective of what those are may be different than those charged with getting a good outcome.

Maybe something to come out of this situation is that next time around totalitarian draconian methods will be used. Bring in laws and dispatch the police and military to implement them. No Hone Harawira needed, armed roadblocks. (There might be some debate about ‘shoot to kill’ for transgressors.)

• Duker

This is the 2020 ‘white peoples’ roadblocks
      “Towler said this was the only way to curb what he described as selfish and gormless people flouting the rules in order to travel to holiday homes on the Peninsula
      ‘Thames-Coromandel District Council has been inundated with complaints about non-residents arriving at baches, frequently under the cover of darkness.”

• How can anyone spread a disease that they are overwhelmingly unlikely to have in the first place by driving in a car to a house that no one else is in ? The stay home, save lives mantra is wearing very thin and has become meaningless. There are about 180 active cases in NZ.

• duperez

/  10th May 2020

So there was a very small chance of the virus being carried to the Coromandel Peninsula in those vehicles yet a heavy handed government and locals in that case erred on the side of caution. Just in case.

In New Zealand there is a very small chance that your house or other buildings will burn down. On the very small chance of their house or other buildings being burned down or some other disastrous event many people err on the side of caution and take out insurance on them. Many? Probably the majority. Probably the vast majority. Just in case.

It is fair enough for people to take the risk and not insure. By and large they could be the only ones to suffer. Is that the same with the health issue and where their risk taking could lead and who is affected?

/  10th May 2020

Just be honest, dups, and admit it’s about controlling the population not the virus. Which is the wet dream of all socialists.

• There is one active case for (in round figures) 27,000 people in NZ.

What are the chances of catching it, and has anyone caught it without being in contact with someone who has it ?

The fire analogy is a specious one.

We can’t stay in isolation or 2m apart forever.

• duperez

/  10th May 2020

Who are the politicians you think are having wet dreams about controlling the population? Which of them do you think gleefully rubbed their hands together at the thought of coronavirus being their big chance to have their evil way with us?

/  10th May 2020

Probably the one who enjoyed her 1pm media show every day and her sidekicks who drew up their plans to have their way with locking all non essential citizens into their houses for a couple of months while they ran the show and told the police what to do.

• duperez

/  10th May 2020

We can’t stay in isolation or 2m apart forever? I can’t find the suggestion about that being the plan. The fire analogy isn’t specious.

We’re being told to keep away from others on the chance something bad will happen We take out insurance on the chance that something bad will happen. Granted in the insurance case we do it for our own good and totally make the choice. In the other we do it on the call of someone else and are told it’s for the good of all.

I’ve gained the impression that all along you would have been prepared to take the risk regardless of the numbers. If things had not been (what you see) as overly harsh would the numbers be looking like they do now?

Rhetorical questions for you to ponder. Do you insure your house? Have you continued to do it over years? Have you had call to claim in major ways? As time has gone on have you reduced the amounts it was insured for given the diminishing chance of being caught out? Or increased the amount given that the longer a sad event hasn’t happened the more likelihood of it occurring?

/  10th May 2020

I’ve never locked everyone else up for two months in order to insure my house, dups. Have you?

If you want to be treated like a two-year old that’s fine with me but I don’t. Least of all by manipulating, lying scumbags.

• Duker

/  10th May 2020

Its not down to ‘individual choice’ Wilco , Not how epidemics work.
            WW1 and 2 werent like that either -” where those who were gungo ho went off to fight and left those alone who werent’…gee they had essential workers too who wernt allowed to go.

/  10th May 2020

What’s your point, Duker?

7. Alan; I thought that you might like a sneak preview of the Green’s new theme song. You can guess the tune.

James Shaw sings the verses, the rest are Chorus.

When I was young, I learned to prance
    And skip around in a trad folk dance;
    I slapped my thighs and stamped my feet,
    And leapt around to the music’s beat;
    I leapt around so skilfully
    That now I am Co-leader of the Green Par-tee.
    (Chorus)
    He leapt around so skilfully
    That now he is Co-leader of the Green Par-tee.

I don’t drive cars, I’d think it wrong
    To make exhaust as I drove along;
    It doesn’t count no matter how far
    I fly or take a ride in someone else’s car.
    Though you may think this sophistry,
    It means I am Co-leader of the Green Par-tee
    (Chorus)
    Though you may think this sophistry,
    It means he is Co-leader of the Green Par-tee,

The country’s now in Level Three,
    The press asks about the wrecked economy,
    Jacinda says ‘Please shut your gobs.
    You Ministers, unless you want to lose your jobs.’
    My gob’s shut tight as tight can be,
    So I am still Co-leader of the Green Par-tee.
    Chorus
    His gob’s shut tight as tight can be,
    So he is still Co-leader of the Green Par-tee.

/  10th May 2020

Perfect, Kitty! You would think Green voters would be embarrassed by their leadership but they probably just prefer not to know.

• (blushes prettily) Why, thank you.

/  10th May 2020

I always thought people blush from…embarrassement!

/  10th May 2020

Less than half the story, B. Best not to go only by when it happens to you.

Blushing is the reddening of a person’s face due to psychological reasons. It is normally involuntary and triggered by emotional stress associated with passion, embarrassment, shyness, anger, or romantic stimulation.

/  10th May 2020

did not notice ‘prettily’ in that definition.Have you blushed …prettily?

• Here comes the Spoiler of the Fun with his nasty attempts to put people down again.

• When he was a child, he probably kicked other children’s sandcastles to bits and told small ones that there was no Father Christmas.

/  10th May 2020

Yup. I reckon. Makes the Christmas Grinch seem jolly. Very negative & bleak-sounding individual.

/  10th May 2020

I always thought people blush from…embarrassement!

Not seeing “prettily” in there. Take your KO. It’s too late to try & win with fancy footwork after you’ve been counted out lying flat on the canvas.

/  10th May 2020

I doubt she will accept your advice..G.

Everybody else has left ringside. You’re still punching. At shadows. 😐

• He’s still trying to spoil the fun. Only he knows why he hates to see people having a laugh. People like that deserve our pity, really.

• artcroft

/  10th May 2020

Such a shame they didn’t pull it off. Probably would have saved 60k American lives.

• Duker

/  10th May 2020

Because he was in cahoots with Russians …as was Trump. The FBI is the US counter intell agency for inside US and they foun d it happening ….Russia was supporting Trump and Russia was subverting Clintons campaign

• Pink David

/  10th May 2020

“Why did Flynn plead guilty -twice- even though he was highly ranked general and had good legal advice”

That is very clear. The FBI were going to destroy his son and have bankrupted him. He got railroaded, that is clearly documented. Like a good General, he knew how to retreat and regroup.

“Because he was in cahoots with Russians …as was Trump.”

The DOJ have no evidence of this. Nor do the FBI. Where is your evidence?

“The FBI is the US counter intell agency for inside US and they foun d it happening ….Russia was supporting Trump and Russia was subverting Clintons campaign”

Where is the evidence of this? No one in Washington have any, what do you have access to that they do not?

9. Corky

/  10th May 2020

Here’s an interesting dilemma. These two stories involve league players refusing to have a flu shot.

The question is: what happens in 2 years time when we’ll probably have a vaccine for Covid-19. Will the government force everyone to have a shot? Unlikely. These sly socialists will about things in a round -a bout way. Children and bureaucrats will need vaccinations to attend their respective work areas. Attendance in some public areas may require a vaccination certificate.

We enter very dangerous grounds here. We’ll have a vaccine developed in two years instead of the normal 10-15 years. One things for sure, when you sign your vaccine papers, you will give the government indemnity from death/injury or judicial liability.

c_id=4&objectid=12330145&&ref=recommended

On another topic – when is the government going to rationalise DHBs? I believe we only need three:

1- Northern
    2- Central
    3- Southern.

No doubt such rationalisation would have many middle management workers looking for menial work.

/  10th May 2020

No doubt 3 CEOs of 3 DHBs would soon be on astronomical salaries & so far removed from the front line of delivering health services & managing local budgets they will be making decisions that are so bad the decision-makers would soon be revealed to be champagne-sipping dipsticks who are right off the planet.

That’s a very rightist & very leftist ideal. Creating corporate – or state institution – supremos.

• Conspiratoor

/  10th May 2020

Corky is right. Northland Base Hospital has just over 3,000 bodies on the payroll. Just on 1,000 are medical and nursing staff. By my calculation that is 2 paper shufflers for each one dedicated to making you well again. And before you ask, nurses still have to make the beds in the 21st century

• When I was in hospital last, there were orderlies doing that sort of thing, (bedmaking)

Your calculations don’t take into account the orderlies, kitchen staff, cleaners and others who are not medical staff as such.

Corky is right.

I’ll say. Don’t come much more right than him. One word: MBIE.

/  10th May 2020

”When I was in hospital last, there were orderlies doing that sort of thing, (bedmaking).”

I have never seen an orderly make beds. I’m not accusing you of bs. But I doubt it’s in their job description.

@ Gezza

”No doubt 3 CEOs of 3 DHBs would soon be on astronomical salaries & so far removed from the front line of delivering health.”

What’s new? There would just be less of them. I would also want all dedicated Maori jobs disestablished. That would include hospital marae.

I think the governments hand will be forced on this issue.

• Conspiratoor

/  10th May 2020

You are correct corky. Orderlies work hard for their money but you wouldnt want one near your bed unless it was to push said bed into theatre. And be assured there would be a nurse on hand to ensure things were kept …orderly

• duperez

/  10th May 2020

We need three? Why can’t there be one? Amalgamation is the way to go.
      I’m looking forward to a few more houses going up between Pokeno and Huntly so down to Hamilton can be one council. We can get Rodney Hide to oversee the amalgamation. 🙂

• Duker

/  10th May 2020

Sydney has a large number of separate districts to run its medical services.
        Eight local health districts cover the Sydney metropolitan region, and seven cover rural and regional NSW.”
        In addition, two specialist networks focus on children’s and paediatric services, and ​justice health and forensic mental health.

The idea that less is more is silly, but crops all the time from people with no idea

/  10th May 2020

”If I had my way, each hospital would have a Superintendent, Matron and Sisters… with four administration staff. Old school.”

Now,Duker, do you think your socialist government will do that? Hell, no. They will just stick with fewer DHBs. Yeah, I do have an idea…as should we all.

• What was eventually done with the ‘super city’ was not what Rodney planned at all but a distortion of it.

No it wasn’t.
          Rodneys go to excuse is…’National wanted it’…end of.
          Hide would never have been in Parliament without the Nats.
          ACT’s policies are extremely distasteful to the vast majority of NZ’ers.

• Yes, it was, I know Rodney, and know that his idea was quite different.

/  10th May 2020

If that was the case ,he is clearly a hollow individual with no principles and no back bone….which I guess we sort of knew.

• Duker

/  10th May 2020

No need to ‘sign papers’ , most countries have such laws in place shielding those who make or dispense vaccines , that includes the US. How would they even supply them if there was a legal downside.
      Rest assured its ‘all legal’.

We used to have a lot less Area health Boards, one for all Auckland , one for all Waikato- Bay of Plenty etc .
      Then along came the national party that wanted each major hospital as ‘business’ and created CHEs around the country for every large hospital, As well they created 5 regional funding agencies which were to buy ‘health services’ from private/no profits operators like doctors, charities etc and including from the CHEs
      The CHEs were expected to ration treatment for the elderly ( Jenny Shipley was the driver on that as Minister of health) and the CHE hospitals were to bill patients for the ‘ hotel ‘services like food, heating, bed linen etc !!!!. Medical treatment was to paid for by the government. So when admitted you would provide a credit card or direct debit form so they could collect when it was time to leave.

10. lurcher1948

/  10th May 2020

Paul Goldsmith is on NewstalkZB bad mouthing the govt as Nationals finance spokesman but Goldsmith has no financial experience, he’s just a book writer with a PR degree, my wife could do better than this financial shoe-in.He started to fade when put under pressure, starting to go but, but, but, like Simon Bridges.ALL PISS AND WIND,from the past.

/  10th May 2020

Robinson doesn’t have finance qualifications either Lurch. Neither did Cullen. Are you throwing stones in a glasshouse?

• Duker

Amy Adams, Steven Joyce .. thats a good one to discuss at length…hahaha

/  10th May 2020

Why? More to the point is debating what they say and do rather than trying to score personal points.

/  10th May 2020

We know Cullens record,and Robertson has runs on the board..Adams,Joyce and Goldsmith….what have they said and done to impress?

11. lurcher1946

/  10th May 2020

So im WAITING, WAITING for someone to say Simon Bridges would have done a better job than PM Jacinda Ardern to handle COVID-19,Bridges couldnt get decent broadband in Tauranga, what a hopeless fart..Simon im on 94 mps,fast enough to skype my son in England clearly, as a maori,,tech might go over your head, and talking to your internet provider might be hard with you speech impediment and it could stop you infecting NZ driving to Wellington from Tauranga

• duperez

/  10th May 2020

Decent broadband is available in Tauranga. The trouble is that Bridges must’ve got someone with the heft of a junior staffer to sort it out.

That left the next Prime Minister of New Zealand needing to get in his car and drive to Wellington. The quality of junior staffers these days is obviously not high when in the 5th biggest city in the country they did not have the nous to find a temporary headquarters with good internet. And did not have the wit to get any locals to come to the rescue even if it meant throwing his name around a bit.

In a city where Bridges is King with more than 50% of the popular vote and his party has more than 50% of the part vote the failure of those staffers would have had Bridges mad. He was sooooo intent on doing it from his domain.

Of course he would have done a better job than Ardern with COVID-19, and anything for that matter. He just has to sort out how to handle junior staffers. 🙃

Little Richard! RIP.

13. Corky

/  10th May 2020

My favourite actor Brian Dennehy also passed away recently. He said something like -” if you want a star, hire a star. If you want an actor hire me.

WTTCMQ.

/  10th May 2020

My mobile alarm keeps going off, reminding me that I should be preparing & cooking mince.
    So I will. Just saying.

/  10th May 2020

Just needs to simmer for 30-40 mins now. I’m using shallots instead of onions, just because I’ve never tried them & want to see what difference they make.