Open Forum Sunday

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you, or you think may interest others..

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts. Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts. Comments from other forums can be repeated here, cut and paste is fine.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.

FIRST TIME COMMENTERS: Due to abuse by a few, first comments under any ID will park in moderation until released (as soon as possible but it can sometimes take a while).

Sometimes comments will go into moderation or spam automatically due to mistyped ID, too many links (>4), or trigger text or other at risk criteria. If they pass muster they will be released as soon as possible (it can sometimes take hours).

1. lurcher1948

/  9th August 2020

How on earth did Todd Muller get number 9 on the National list.How on earth can a person who suffered panic attacks be put in a position of possible stress if he somehow gained the govt benches…what on earth was Ms Collins thinking,and I’m sure other thinking voters think the same thing as we want MPs who dont hide under beds or turn into mental mush when put under the pump

2. lurcher1948

/  9th August 2020

It gets worse Mr Mullers 8th not 9th

3. Blazer

/  9th August 2020

As the election nears,you ,me,Jack,John,and Katherine remember….

‘If you see your brother standing by the road
    With a heavy load from the seeds he’s sowed
    And if you see your sister falling by the way
    Just stop and say “You’re going the wrong way”You got to try a little kindness, yes show a little kindness
    Just shine your light for everyone to see
    And if you try a little kindness then you’ll overlook the blindness
    Of narrow-minded people on the narrow-minded streetsDon’t walk around the down and out
    Lend a helping hand instead of doubt
    And the kindness that you show every day
    Will help someone along their wayYou got to try a little kindness, yes show a little kindness
    Just shine your light for everyone to see
    And if you try a little kindness, then you’ll overlook the blindness

Of narrow-minded people on the narrow-minded streets’

4. Corky

/  9th August 2020

I saw two things today that I have never seen before in my area. The first was three pup tents in a local park. One had a gas stove outside the tent, cooking what I would assume was breakfast. One chap had a innovative idea. He didn’t have a tent, but he did have what looked like a sheet of vinyl that he’d covered the park bench with to make a makeshift sleeping bag.

The other thing a saw was at the supermarket self checkout area. I was behind two bros and two Europeans ( men and women). The funny thing I noticed was their trolley was split into four separate distinct areas of groceries and beer. However, my phone went and I concentrated on my call. As I was following this group into the center of the checkout area as we moved towards the checkout counters, the four in perfect unison grab their groceries and did a runner. The checkout assistant called RUNNERS!! Other staff came running, while others talked into walkie talkies. The big Maori guy was taken down by two staff, he was obese and had no chance. The two women made it out the door ( I was told they escaped in a waiting car). I was watching the European guy. Three staff had cornered him near a kiosk.
    He dealt to all three in a vicious attack. Two staff received the hobbies, the other was knocked senseless. A fourth staff member had the good sense to stand back while the feral made his escape.

Here’s the thing…it’s not Sept 1st yet. If this is an example of things to come, we are in for a grim future.

• Are we expected to believe this ?

Which supermarket was this ?

• No doubt it will be on the news if it really happened.

• Duker

/  9th August 2020

Happens all the time…Corky . You should get out more
          It even has a name …shoplifting…have you never heard of it.
          High end designer gear …. boutiques, Kmart etc all have much more security than 5 years ago as its rife.

/  9th August 2020

Read my post again. You will notice two salient points as to why I posted. Kitty is right. It should make the news tonight given the serriousness off this incident.
            However, I didn’t notice anyone taking pictures, so I guess security footage will have to be supplied by the supermarket to the TV station. Look for the Asian woman screaming as the two staff members get the hobbies. I’m the one, amongst many, with my mouth wide open. I usually shop on Sunday mornings for the laidback atmosphere.

• If that’s laidback, I’d hate to see what it’s like the rest of the time.

You must watch too many cheap action films. In real life, it’s most unlikely for one person to take on three others and do them all over.

Did you see that he had hobnailed boots on ?

• lurcher1948

/  9th August 2020

Corky being Corky,I say no more

5. lurcher1948

/  9th August 2020

Saint Pm Jacinda Ardern working on getting the crippled to walk so they can vote for her

6. In case anyone gets complacent about COVID19 deaths in America, and claims that the pandemic is done, the numbers say otherwise (even though the Trump administration has attempted to suppress them).

COVID19 deaths over the last 7 days: