Open Forum Tuesday

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you, or you think may interest others..

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts. Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts. Comments from other forums can be repeated here, cut and paste is fine.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.

FIRST TIME COMMENTERS: Due to abuse by a few, first comments under any ID will park in moderation until released (as soon as possible but it can sometimes take a while).

Sometimes comments will go into moderation or spam automatically due to mistyped ID, too many links (>4), or trigger text or other at risk criteria. If they pass muster they will be released as soon as possible (it can sometimes take hours).

1. Jack

Wrote three bad books
    Uneconomical words
    Terrible looks
    Scrapping Christian
    Drinking whey &
    Eating curds

The church which has been abusing me is St Stephens, Invercargill. Katrina and Stephen Aldridge. Accuse me of wanting to destroy the parish. Won’t let me go to Kirk!

Al, remember when I first arrived at YourNZ? I thought you might be a Presb minister and got wound up. Haha.
    I miss Gezza here. He thought I ‘wanted something’.
    Don’t worry Pete. I’ve got evidence and anyway, the pcanz won’t hurt anyone but me. It’s just me they hate. And I carry my cross. I will win – I always do.
    Maureen thought I was a bored trouble maker. Let’s just say this – How many does it take to destroy a church?

The above is from my wee Kiwi bubble of isolation.
    How many Christians in Kiwi Kirk does it take to keep NZ safe, prosperous…and clean?

• Jack

I will win – I always do
      That’s economical words for the whole Bible.

• Jack

/  25th August 2020

There are some who talk and talk and never say a thing

Other folk look at you and birds begin to sing

That’s my children’s favourite rhyme

The one we all like best

Together, cosy, loved ‘n’ nestled

Each one eased with rest

What when how now, one of us breaks loose!

Come back to rest you silly goose

The birds have flown, off on their own

And after them, the leaves are blown

Around, about – our group scattered

Sometimes you need to talk and talk

The silent truth must speak

Not quite saying the thing, the thing

Saying, say it, we love you, speak – to fling

You, my dear, will talk and talk and you will say a thing

Ugly, hateful, strifed, sharp knifed

You’re allowed to sing

A sad song, a bad song, for we all know my dear

that you’re not the sort to talk and talk and never say a thing.

To us you matter, the sweetest singing birds mattered.

/  25th August 2020

Thanks Jack…everyday we can look forward to an ‘epistle’ from you.

Its all about….you.

• Jack

/  25th August 2020

Actually not. It’s about the body of Christ. Did you think the sweetest singing birds were not about…. you?
          Just now in NZ it’s about comforting Muslim Kiwis, hoping that politicians make good decisions re Covid and supporting local business, among a few other things.

2. lurcher1948

/  25th August 2020

TV3s AM show is a total wow is us, Auckland is suffering,today,one hour of total despair,how on earth did NZ survive the 2nd World War with Aucklands attitude

• It’s a meaningless comparison.

You appear not to understand basic economics.

People are going hungry in Auckland, they are facing homelessness, loss of income and assets. This will affect the rest of the country.

Then there are the mental health issues, the delayed medical help (did you not see how long the waiting lists are now) and other things that will emerge as time goes on.

• lurcher1948

/  25th August 2020

Kitty as a pensioner,I DONT CARE,i own 2 vehicles own my own home have heaps of moolah, own 3 dogs…and support anyone playing against Auckland,and Barrett, Aucklands full of cry babies….to many new immigrants

• I do care. I don’t only think of myself.

If Auckland’s economy collapses, the whole country will suffer.

I own a house, have a reasonable amount in the bank (if my income suddenly stopped, I could live for quite a long time without one) I don’t have any debts.

But I feel deeply for people who are going hungry, face losing their homes when their income goes and whose jobs are about to go. I feel for those who are facing hugely long waits for surgery and those who are under unimaginable stress.

How can you not care just because YOU’RE all right ?

• Duker

/  25th August 2020

The lower the ratings for TV3 the more desperate they get …once they get down to Fox News level , about 1.5%, then it will be all fake news all the time.

• Jack

/  25th August 2020

Not good Blazer. Mixed messages – no care for Kiwi children in that man’s future. Sad that Kiwis have stooped to allowing each other to say they want to be redeemed before practising accountability.
      This attitude comes form the churches B….don’t get me started.
      Must be frustrating for our child psychologists.

• What were the 10 year old’s parents doing when she was exchanging emails about sex with an adult ?

I don’t know if he would have done anything when it came to a meeting, but that’s not the point. Her parents must be idiots.

/  25th August 2020

Bob Jones on pontificating officialdom and sheep shaggers:

/  25th August 2020

Hardcase…the weird fetishes people have. Apparently Andrew Mehrtens had a funny one he did before each match. Frank Bunce was about to explain what it was to sport reporter, Andrew Saville. But Saville begged Bunce not to say more because he wanted to keep his job.

4. lurcher1948

/  25th August 2020

PG do a breakdown/resume on ACTs candidates….there are a few loose cannons there, there are weird and then there are weird ACT candidates

5. Corky

/  25th August 2020

Er, wots this about? Another dropkick liberal allowed too much say.

And the Colonel has gone bonkers.

The funny thing is I don’t relate the two ( Slogan-Covid). Maybe other folk do.

/  25th August 2020

I think the loony Left identify with the chicken, Corky.

• Finger licking is hardly hygienic and the idea of licking the grease and fat from KFC’s chicken is nauseating.UGHHHHH. It’s been years since I ate meat, but always found KFC repellently greasy.

It’s a slogan whose use-by date is well and truly over.

/  25th August 2020

Chicken Littles…one and all, Alan.

6. Corky

/  25th August 2020

Life on the mean streets of the US. This chap was leaded by a posse of officers.

• This man was murdered by police; don’t trivialise it by making it sound like a Western. He was shot in the back as he walked away. It’s an old story; it happened 3 days ago.

• There’s been another one in Wisconsin, but somehow he didn’t die. He was being walked to the police car and was shot as he was getting in, unresisting by the look of it.

/  25th August 2020

I see the ubiquitous, racist JJH is a fan of of silly old Jones as well.

• Jack

/  25th August 2020

Sir Bob’s joked like that with me too. Told him a little about my church troubles and he replied that God doesn’t like me. Still laughing about that. For some reason it was just so funny from an irreligious man during all the abuse I was getting from church men. His humour helped me through one particular dark time. Wish I could thank him but I get the impression he doesn’t oblige twice. I don’t want to break the spell of light hearted-ness.