Open Forum Wednesday

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you, or you think may interest others..

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts. Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts. Comments from other forums can be repeated here, cut and paste is fine.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.

FIRST TIME COMMENTERS: Due to abuse by a few, first comments under any ID will park in moderation until released (as soon as possible but it can sometimes take a while).

Sometimes comments will go into moderation or spam automatically due to mistyped ID, too many links (>4), or trigger text or other at risk criteria. If they pass muster they will be released as soon as possible (it can sometimes take hours).

1. David

/  26th August 2020

Pleasing to see another cabinet minister chucking their hat in the ring for the most useless award. I thought Twyford would be a shoe in but then Covid gave us Clark then Woods and now Hipkins but along comes Sepeloni with an absolute ripper.

2. Corky

/  26th August 2020

Labour starting to feel the heat..Willie is upset with Mike. Sure sign things are becoming hot in La La Land.

Crikey, it will be a complete meltdown when the Parliamentary Health Select Committee reconvenes.

• Duker

/  26th August 2020

he was rude …and his usual false claims , this time he was ‘asking’ whether the government was going take over 2 councils, Tauranga and Invercargill. seems to be the usual petty squabbles hardly reason to step in.
      It was absurd as the Minister appoints a Commissioner to to replace the Councillors and everything runs as normal.

NZME has turned in full national party support mode, their ‘news’ stories are NP storms in a teacup or publicing NP party policy
      Their columnists are running NP attack lines , the others are partisan writers who are ex Mps or advisors

/  26th August 2020

Amusing to see the Left complaining the Right has stolen populism from them : “Populism, as commonly defined, embraces an ideology that divides society between “the pure people” and “the corrupt elite”.

• Pink David

Is this populism?

/  26th August 2020

Just the Left trying to commandeer the moral high ground as usual.

• Pink David

/  26th August 2020

That doesn’t look like moral high ground to me. It looks like fascism.

/  26th August 2020

Mob rule – fascism, communism, anarchy, revolutionary socialism, tribalism, state religion – they are all the same. A mad, murderous belief they hold the moral high ground.

• Duker

/  26th August 2020

“Just the Left trying to commandeer the moral high ground as usual.”

have you seen what ‘the mob’ do to journalists and hecklers at Trump rallies, as Trump eggs them on..
          “When Donald Trump said Sunday that he might pay the legal fees of a man charged with hitting a protester in the face at one of his rallies, it was the latest of many occasions when the leading Republican candidate for president appeared to condone or accept violence by supporters.”

yep , Wilco ignores that…what about the right wing guy who drove his car into a rally and killed people…

YOU are the one trying to commandeer the high moral ground

A man who drove his car into a crowd of protesters in Virginia, killing a woman, has been found guilty of murder.
          Alex Fields Jr, a 21-year-old described by prosecutors as a white supremacist, was on trial over the incident in Charlottesville in August 2017.
          Heather Heyer, 32, died when the car hit a group of people protesting against a white nationalist rally.

watch the diversion now by Wilco…..

/  26th August 2020

How many years back did you have to go to find a squirrel, Duker?

• Duker

/  26th August 2020

Right on track ….nonsense as a diversion.

How far did you go back -“fascism, communism, anarchy, …”
              I only covered time since ‘after trump’
              Maybe I should look in to that hectoring Alt Right activist from Canada Lauren Southern, it was her shtick to prowl the streets to snarl at whoever she thought was ‘Antifa’ ( with a camera crew)

/  26th August 2020

Antifa is a pretty good example for you.

But anyway I don’t exclude the right extremists, they are just outnumbered by your lot.

4. Corky

/  26th August 2020

Crikey, more things going under then you can poke a stick at.

I have just learnt my Bonus Bonds will soon be a thing of the past. Apparently, I can reedeem them now, or have them locked in for a further 12 months, and if there is anything left in the kitty after bond holders have been paid out, I can receive a share of that money plus my orginal investment.

Over a million Kiwis have Bonus Bonds.

[Deleted]

• lurcher1948

/  26th August 2020

Corky better to thought an idiot,than open your mouth and prove it…again stupid comment when you dont know me…and as usual ageism..PG when he spits in my face about my age hes spitting in yours or any other older poster here

• I suspect that a lot of people have forgotten that they have them. The odds against making anything are enormous. My brother had a few wins, one was a large one (for the time), I must say, but the chances of a win are something like 1/17,000. I’d rather have a bit of interest.

• Duker

A Giant scam …bonus bonds
          “In the 12 months to the end of March 2019, Bonus Bonds paid out $39.6 ​million in prizes on the $3.3 billion of $1 Bonus Bonds on issue.
          The fees and expenses paid out on the scheme to ANZ was $40.7m​.
          All ANZ did was lend the BB money to its self

“In 2013, when ANZ took over Bonus Bonds, it was revealed that prizes paid to Bonus Bond holders had halved in just five years.
          It was also revealed last year that many Bonus Bond holders were actually dead.”

Some are brain dead while still alive

/  26th August 2020

Chicken Little. Tell that to the kids who recieved them for presents.

• Duker

/  26th August 2020

Another one of your ways of winning tax free money was it?

/  26th August 2020

I bought thousands during my early twenties. Then forgot about them..until today. In all those years I won one $20 prize.

I only have one way of earning tax free money…my Lotto system. That’s the difference between a Righty and a Lefty like you. You probably believed the bs that the odds are near impossible for winning the big one.

Who needs to win the big one? Not me.

5. lurcher1948

/  26th August 2020

[Deleted] here today are in fine fettle,feeling embodied by the very negative Ms Collins who they think is making progress becoming liked(ha)

• lurcher1948

/  26th August 2020

DELETED,People who vote towards the right

• You shouldn’t assume how people may vote.

• Jack

/  26th August 2020

Not nice being spat at. When L did it to me, literally, nearly sent me into despair. Worse, I couldn’t understand why no one called him out. It was viewed, and I received the violent silent treatment while others bantered and jostled around that blatant abuse.

But what I really want to say is –
        I figured that L was spitting at Jesus Christ. When a Christian can say that, he belongs to Church fair and square, and has the mandate to call other Kiwis to also carry their crosses.

I don’t really have a need to keep reminding you about it Lurcher. It’s forgiven. This comment I dare for any here with ears, regardless of age.

• If you don’t know Lurch, he can’t have literally spat at you.

And it seems arrogant to claim that if someone spits at YOU, they are spitting at Jesus.

• lurcher1948

/  26th August 2020

Kitty im a Jedi by religion, we hack heads off with sabre swords, not spit at them

• Jack

/  26th August 2020

Here you go again Kitty, looking for a hiding.
            Arrogant indeed, I wish.
            How does it make you feel throwing darts at a fellow Christian?

• Jack

/  26th August 2020

As evidenced by Kitty’s snark remarks coming in behind my comments, Kiwis can see that this Christian forgets that Jesus told his own to expect persecution from the world, even to celebrate it. Never should we accept Christians harassing one another. In Church, we encourage each other.

Kitty has illustrated several times (Kimbo did too) the sad state of our churches – so called Christians attacking loving folk who unwillingly succumbed to victim-hood.

They have not read my testimony. I’d vouch they’re too scared. It’s a pity b/c I am one who can truly say that the continuing harassment I suffer is directed at Jesus.

Kitty is a churchy. She would not know arrogance if she saw it in the mirror. Her demeanour here gives credence to my suggestions that the churches should hold themselves to account.

Where did I say that every time someone spits at me they are spitting at Jesus Christ?

There you go Kitty, I’ve narrowed it down for you. Less confusing now, if you care for an honest debate and some explanations if there’s anything you want clarified?

Kitty, since coming here I have tried to be your friend. You sure do have strange ways of trying to get along with a fellow Kiwi, a Christian at that. Christians are supposed to judge each other. At least you could get your facts right.

• Jack

/  26th August 2020

You joined the Jedi cult because the churches are crap?

6. Corky

/  26th August 2020

Tarrant may have put one over the country and Muslims. He won’t be talking directly to the court. His legal council will read a statement instead. I have been wondering what his strategy would be.

My GUESS is he probably thought any attempt to address the court would be shouted down, and would allow the gallery to abuse him. Using his council allows him to get his views read
    without the court focusing on him.

Of course, no strategy will mitigate the abuse he receives after he’s sentenced and lead away. He may yell abuse himself as he’s lead away.

For him, it will be about going to his sentence in a psychologically strong position. That’s all he will have in the years ahead of him.

Of course, spending time in prison is predicated on there still being a civilized society in New Zealand. That is not guaranteed in the future. If society breaks down…so will the prison walls.

• NOEL

/  26th August 2020

Wonder if the lattitude towards tbe victims impact statements will set a precedence?
      Calling the offender a maggot and giving him the fingers is currently covered by the abuse clause.

/  26th August 2020

That’s a worry. I doubt anyone else would have got a way with it. However, I don’t want to say much more because I will be a accused of supporting Tarrant.

I’ll only add that those scenes were very telling, both on our judiciary and the Muslim community. Islam now basically has a free pass in Aotearoa…the massacre has put them above suspicion.

• Jack

/  26th August 2020

Please don’t censor your own speech beyond what is your conscience Corky. We need freedom of thought to prevail. Trouble is, it’s unpleasant to constantly feel brow beaten for fighting for our freedoms. At that point it’s easier to keep quiet. Are right thinking Kiwis quitting?