Open Forum Monday

This post is open to anyone to comment on any topic that isn’t spam, illegal or offensive. All Your NZ posts are open but this one is for you to raise topics that interest you, or you think may interest others..

If providing opinions on or summaries of other information also provide a link to that information. Bloggers are welcome to summarise and link to their posts. Comments worth more exposure may be repeated as posts. Comments from other forums can be repeated here, cut and paste is fine.

• Please don’t post anything illegal, potentially defamatory or abusive.

FIRST TIME COMMENTERS: Due to abuse by a few, first comments under any ID will park in moderation until released (as soon as possible but it can sometimes take a while).

Sometimes comments will go into moderation or spam automatically due to mistyped ID, too many links (>4), or trigger text or other at risk criteria. If they pass muster they will be released as soon as possible (it can sometimes take hours).

1. lurcher1948

/  31st August 2020

Some observations on morning TV today.TV1is really going over the top speaking Maori,none ever says good morning to guest’s any more,and on AM Ryan Bridges is more oily and right leaning than normal and Auckland business is whining more than usual.

/  31st August 2020

In other words, Kiwis have become more rude over the last three years?

• NOEL

/  31st August 2020

Lurcher years ago when that woman was penalised for saying Kia ora on the exchange I started commencing the occasional written communication with it.
      Today with e mails it has become standard for me.
      Last week asked for a copy of a recently declassified file that explained an event that had puzzled me for 50 years.
      Chuckled when I read the thread between the American archivists where the original receiver attached an explanation of KaI ora.

• Auckland businesses are facing bankruptcy, with staff losing their jobs. Of course they are distressed. I imagine that Lurch would have been if his printery had gone belly-up and he’d lost everything, including his house, through no fault of his own, especially if smug Aucklanders had sneered at him for ‘whining’.

2. lurcher1948

/  31st August 2020

Peter Williams is a bit annoyed on Radio National party magic talkback today,he suggests don’t wear a face mask, speed on the roads as its your right, and hate the police…he’s discovered that he will not be able to open up his Porsche car without getting a ticket as he said he speeds

3. Jack

/  31st August 2020

Who are the Rabid Right and who are the Looney Left?

It’s proven that a minuscule of trust in Jesus Christ is plenty. Nobody believes totally in Him – nearly is more than enough. The vital aspect is that a Christian carries his individual cross. But what is it?

To use Jacinda as an example –
    She was raised in a Jesus cult and I suggest there’s no way she didn’t at least once whisper, “I trust you Jesus.”
    At the moment of believing (a choice made with one’s mind and not by coercion) a person receives his cross to bear.
    Jacinda’s cross involves the spiritual talent of compassion. Her cross is a treasure which entails a special measure (a spiritual measure) of compassion.

Jacinda does not carry her cross. In trying to utilise her spiritual talent of compassion outside of Church, she drops it. Furthermore, she becomes frustrated within herself. This she takes out on us.

The only place to carry one’s cross is in Church and the only reason (nearly) to carry it is for Jesus Christ.
    Many Kiwis own crosses without properly realising it is so. The churches have done our heads in, over many decades. The truth is, when you carry your cross you discover that God will not be outdone.
    Politicians carrying their crosses is not ever ‘in your face’. The cross bearer blends and does so with aptitude and respectability in secular matters, ensuring success for everybody in a democracy. A team

Looney Leftism and Rabid Rightness happens to us when we are not carrying our crosses. Kiwis prefer the middle ground.
    Kia ora

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…….!

• MaureenW

Full moon on the 2nd .. should quieten down for a bit after that

• I wish that Jack would change the record. The needle’s stuck on that one, stuck on that one, stuck on that one…

/  31st August 2020

Mr Ware looks like a sad man. Kitty, if you wanted I think I could watch all of this and give some reasoning for my view that his choices were nothing to do with the cross – not his nor Jesus Christ’s.
            Blazer should look at this. Now there’s a ‘me,me,me’ man for you B.

You say Bishop Kallistos was your friend. I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but I am here to carry my cross and to encourage Church. That man wasn’t (from what I saw, just watching the first few minutes) (and it’s nothing to do with Eastern Orthodoxy, necessarily. Each man to himself)

Do you mind me asking – are you an Orthodox Christian?

• I do mind your asking. It’s none of your business.

Your remarks about one of the world’s greatest theologians are pathetic. He was an Oxford don until his retirement. His book on Orthodoxy has never been out of print and is considered to be the definitive work on the subject.

/  31st August 2020

I haven’t yet given you my remarks

• Yes, you have, ad nauseam.

/  31st August 2020

This article is filled with contradictions.
            The Orthodox church is a cult.
            Being a Christian is a logical daily choice, not crazy and impossible as expressed here.

Kitty, if your present or past priest knew how mean you have behaved toward me and how dispirited your words have caused me to be (in times past, not any more) what would he say?

Jesus cults are the worst

• He who would valiant be/’Gainst all disaster/Let him in constancy/Follow the Master/There’s no discouragement/Will make him once relent/His first avowed intent/To be a pilgrim.’

I can’t help it if someone’s faith is weak.

/  31st August 2020

So if your priest knew how mean and childish you are here toward a victim (explained in my testimony), he would tell you to knock some sense into me, a weaker Christian. You would then insist that I practise more valiancy. In other words, you would tell me to be a scapegoat. Then you’d tell me to sing louder about following the master.
              Being a pilgrim Kitty involves encouraging other pilgrims.
              I’m glad I don’t follow your master. All things considered I don’t think you belong to Church. Either that or you are having the struggle of a lifetime with cult. Why try to take that out on me? Especially considering how you keep losing.
              Some Kiwis are kind Kitty. They’re glad to see a fellow heal – that was my goal in persevering here, as stated several times.
              Nobody heals from abuse without the cross

• Oh dear, how you do read a lot into things.

No one belongs to “Church”, that’s a meaningless expression. (so is valiancy; not a word) People belong to A church, lower case for church. No, I would not tell someone to be a scapegoat as I know what a scapegoat really is.

My beliefs & past are none of your business and no amount of nosiness and baseless assumptions will make me reveal them. Whether or not I have a priest is nothing to do with you.

Stop putting words into my mouth, please. You seem to delude yourself that you are of much more interest to people than you really are.

/  31st August 2020

OK then Kitty Cat. You win, I lose.
              I belong to Church and according to you I am the only one who does

• You may belong to A church or THE church, but not ‘Church’. That is meaningless.It’s a noun, not a proper name like London.

If you must preach, do it in a way that makes sense.

I belong to Church.

‘Church’ is the word everybody everywhere recognises as the proper noun for ‘the body of Christ’. It’s like having a husband (noun) and his name is Jimmy (proper noun). In Jesus’ case Church is the name of His bride. A bit confusing until you’re in the know

Some of the folk in your cult will belong to Church I guess, unless you’re right – that I’m the only one in Church

This will be making Maureen’s head hurt. Let’s stop Kitty

• No, THE church is the generic name. Not CHURCH.

One goes to church, but belongs to A church..

One doesn’t live in House or work in Office, Shop or Business.

I said proper name and meant proper name; a proper name doesn’t need an article. Church is not a proper name, by definition, unless it’s a surname. But go on looking silly if you want to, I don’t care.

/  31st August 2020

Oh, I suppose it’s about now I need Kimbo, although he won’t be any use unless he’s carrying his cross. I’ll try by myself –
              You can live inhouse although that’s not a noun. You can’t live in shop or in business. So, you’re right Kitty.
              Except that I can and do live in Church, enjoying inhouse jokes, within the body of Christ.
              I never go to church and I didn’t, even when I used to. Do you go to church?
              The Church is a generic name, true. I belong to Church
              It’s wonderful how capital letters cause a frenzy
              …and fullstop lackings cause my debating opponent to suppose I might be teachable if she browbeats me long enough

/  31st August 2020

My “reminders to people to carry their crosses are not pleasant” …says Kitty. That’s not what I say

/  31st August 2020

Sorry, I might have the fine details jumbled. Archbishop Kallistos is Greek Orthodox.

Watched a video of him more recently..the start of it. I don’t have time for pathetic stuff. He was leading a discussion re the church caring for animals.

• If you imagine that Orthodoxy is a cult, you are insulting untold millions of people, many of whom died for this ‘cult’. You are insulting my late husband among others. You are insulting a church that has endured for more than 2000 years.

It shows that you know nothing about it. Read the Timothy Ware book (his name before ordination was Timothy Ware) and you should learn something.

So – you are an Orthodox Christian
              You belong to that cult

Tell mod I blasphemed

• My beliefs are none of your business.

Don’t tell me what I am. You don’t know me.

Your repeating that Orthodoxy is a cult won’t make it true.

/  31st August 2020

It’s OK Kitty. I lost, OK? Let’s carry on now as though this wee kerfluffle never happened

/  31st August 2020

All the Jesus cults claim to be the closest to how the early Church lived, or teach that their way is right and best and unquestionable because of ‘apostolic succession’. A load of codswallop.
              Cults are sad stupid things. Their adherents are strange.
              I know I was when I belonged to cult.

• Pickled Possum

/  31st August 2020

Thanks PP. I’m quite familiar with that site. One of the aspects of a cult is that they shun people like Alan. (If I said they shun people like me, no doubt some here would accuse me of doing something wrong and I’m sick of that nonsense)
              I provided Ian Mander with enough info re the PCANZ but it seems he is unwilling to investigate.
              I’ve been challenging Kitty because I’m trying to teach her a lesson! She buts in with negativity and inane comments re my sharing about the cross and I hoped she would just leave my comment alone. Alack alas.
              My work is ground breaking concerning the cross and Church (and cults it seems). If you are interested,

• MaureenW

/  31st August 2020

Measures how much nonsense it needs to write before it gets a response.

/  31st August 2020

Meaning, Maureen fumes, privately simmering long term

We’ve got more in common than not. Be kind

• MaureenW

/  31st August 2020

Usually I just hold my nose .. no harm done.

/  31st August 2020

There’s nothing like the name of Jesus Christ to get up people’s hackles and gentle reminders about carrying your cross to get self righteous pricks going

Sorry YourNZ, this is repetitive but I’m happy to use these three scapegoats.

• MaureenW

/  31st August 2020

You are your own scape-goat … sad really ..

…a holy trinity☺

• That’s blasphemous.

• duperez

/  31st August 2020

Looney Leftism and Rabid Rightness happen to us? Well whatever they are, Loony and Rabid obviously happen anyway.

4. lurcher1948

/  31st August 2020

Ms Collins partner David Wong Tung attacks the PM,your turn Jetro….gloves are off , National are desperate

5. lurcher1948

/  31st August 2020

Some here might recognise these three National people

6. Patzcuaro

/  31st August 2020

I love this quote from Collins whose husband seems to have a presence on social media.

“National Party leader Judith Collins says she’s never been able to get her husband to do anything she tells him to do.”

7. Patzcuaro

/  31st August 2020

Chris Bishop team player.